Start by marking “Illicit Activity (Bound #3)” as Want to Read:
Illicit Activity (Bound #3)

Illicit Activity

(Bound #3)

Bound, 3

The Christmas season is fast approaching. Jesse and George try to keep their connection alive with stolen late night dinners and secret meetings, which never seem to be enough.
Zac doesn’t take no for an answer, and has set his sights on George’s slave Elliot as his newest conquest. Determined to see Elliot and bring him some holiday spirit, Zac starts a battle of
Published December 5th 2014 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Illicit Activity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illicit Activity

Start your review of Illicit Activity (Bound #3)
Caroline Brand
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

Great short story that shows us what happened just before we reached the epilogue of book 2.

Jesse has been dragged home by his extremely manipulative wife and is just about getting by with a few snatched visits to George. For a man that took so long to be true to himself and finally go after what he craved to have it pulled from him as left him desolate. George, the cold hearted man that he is, is thawing and it is breaking his heart not to have Jesse
Becca
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely need to go back and read others. This is not a happy happy romance. It deals with darker issues and heavier BDSM. Not a bad story
Lynne
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read, loved-it
So, I think it's pretty safe to say that if J.R. comes a calling with a new book.. I'm there with bells on. Case in point, his new Christmas theme novella, Illicit Activity. This novella is book 3 in the Bound series that I've read and loved. The series follows Daniel/Rafael and George/Jesse and their relationship with one another. In this book, however, a new relationship is the focal point. Enter Zac, red headed wild child and Jesse brother. A no filter kind of a guy. Sleeps with any good ...more
Jackie's Book Review
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Merry Christmas from the Boys! Yes Illicit is a Christmas Novella which takes place between Jesse and George's anguish now that Jesse is about to become a father and having Elliot's past history coming out to the media.

You will definitely have to read Legally Bound and Breach of Contract prior to reading Illicit to understand where this Novella picks up besides you really do want to read the other two books first they are hot as hell!

Now let's talk about Zac Jesse's half brother. In Breach we
The Romance Evangelist
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.

This review contains spoilers for BREACH OF CONTRACT, the second book in J.R. Gray’s BOUND series. If you haven’t read that book, don’t read this.

ILLICIT ACTIVITY is a fast but fierce novella that takes place during the time between the nominal end of BREACH OF CONTRACT and its explosive epilogue. It provides examples of just how painful the forced separation of Jesse and George has been for both of them, and how the actions of
Vicki
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awwww. Christmas and some of my favourite characters. As always this is great. I actually found myself liking Zac. Yeah I'm a sucker for romance even if it is a little different. It makes the world go round after all.
Erm....was sucker the best word to use there? Never mind.
The characters are so rounded and believable as usual and I am just a huge fan.
Keep going J. R. You just keep getting better and better.
Love it.
Bobbi
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Illicit Activity, Bound Three by J. R. Gray. Probably because this is the first book I’ve read and it’s book three I really had a hard time knowing who the characters were to each other. This made it a little difficult to get into the short story. I definitely liked what was happening between Zac and Elliott. Elliott obviously needed someone to care about him and Zac obviously needed someone to care about. In their way they helped each other.
Gail
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
This book seems to be a number of short blurbs for a series by the author. None of it made any sense nor, unfortunately, did it intrigue me enough to want to read more.
Mary Flannery
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
?
Robin Powers
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a short and not so sweet Bound story. We get lots of fun play with George, Zac, Elliot and Jesse. I think novella made me fall in love with Elliot's character. I don't know exactly what would be best for Elliot's feelings but Zac is sure good at figuring out loopholes and ways to get what he wants. A great book to get inside both Elliot and Zac's friendship/relationship.
Joyfully Jay
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Illicit Activity is a free short that follows the timeline of the Bound series. It is not intended to be a standalone as it takes place between the last chapter and the epilogue of book two, Breach of Contract. That epilogue jumped ahead four weeks and this story fills in some of those details while also opening up a whole new storyline. And, this was exactly the book I needed.
We see George and Jesse valiantly trying to hold on to some sort of relationship now
Debbie
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

Book three takes place between the end of book two, and the epilogue, so you need to have read those two books first. I think so, anyway!

Zac won't take no for an answer from Elliot, but Elliot is under contract to George. Zac turns up at Elliot's door, in various stats of undress. But the blackmail plot from Breach of Contract is affecting Elliot, and he runs and hides while he rides our the aftershocks. Zac, though, finds him. And gives
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Wow…emotions much??

In this novella, we get a closer glimpse of the pain and agony George and Jesse were going through when Jesse’s wife was insisting on keeping them separated. The emotions were off the charts and so hard to read. It made me physically ache for them.

Kennedy’s pain from finally losing Jesse was bought more to life here too. She actually finds comfort and a good friend in Zac, Jesse’s brother and I really think he’s what helps her start healing.

We also got a closer look at Zac.
Karen
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I have very mixed feelings about this Bound short story. The tone of the book--in the beginning--was so different from the previous two in the series, and I found this to be very off-putting. There was a non-serious almost flippant attitude that just did not fit. Combine that with my dislike for Zac and my disappointment in Jesse, and I'm left with a somewhat unsatisfactory read.

Still, the information imparted was significant. I'm counting on the next book to reconcile and/or change my current
Lillian Francis
Jun 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
I appreciate this is part of a series and it probably needs to be read in order but I wanted a taster (what the hell are free reads for if not to get an idea of an author's work) before I considered starting/buying a new series. From the portion I read I can say this series is probably not for me.
Stacey Kelly (When Words Collide Blog)
Having read books 1 & 2 I was left clearly wanting more, this doesn't disappoint. All I can do is beg for more Zac & Elliot. Totally a Zac girl, he is sexy, funny and yet has such an endearing quality to him especially towards Elliot.
Diverse
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2015-reads
It may only be 56 pages but they are vital to this series! George and Jesse come face to face after George's showdown with the evil witchy wife... what ensues after that is beautiful! Book 2 left you hanging and this is what will make it ALL right!!! Great read!
Larissa Keddie
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having not read books 1 or 2 I found this intriguing (I've bought 1 & 2 now). Well written and interesting story line. And it was free! I really must say I love Zac and looking forward to seeing how the author sets the story out in the fist two.
Janie
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea. It seemed to me like it kept switching characters so much that I wasn't real sure who was with who or who wasn't. I liked the scene at the end but wished it didn't end so abruptly.
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Well-written seasonal short story. Definitely want to read this series!
D
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zac totally steals the show! I have read and reread this one. Zac may very well just be my favorite of the Bound characters.
Susi
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars to Illicit Activity.
J.R. Gray, you have a new fan.

Stay tuned for my full review on blog.
Lora
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
this was a very quick read but I loved the character development in it!!!
Stina
Jun 18, 2018
Catsy440
Jul 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Nick, Very Deeply (8 Million Hearts #5)
  • The Proof Is the Way It Hurts
  • Terms of Service (The Heretic Doms Club, #2)
  • Obedience (Submission, #1)
  • How to Blow It with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #2)
  • His Submissive
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Rough in the Saddle (Rough in the Saddle, #1)
  • Sugar Season (Maple Springs, #3)
  • Becoming Elite
  • Glenn (Brothers Book 1)
  • Out of Bounds (Blue Devils, #2)
  • The Rest of Forever
  • The Love We Found
  • Unlovable (Hooked, #7)
  • Unmask (Hooked, #6)
When not staying up all night writing, J.R. Gray can be found at the gym where it's half assumed he is a permanent resident to fulfill his self-inflicted masochism. A dominant and a pilot, Gray finds it hard to be in the passenger seat of any car. He frequently interrupts real life, including normal sleep patterns and conversations, to jot down notes or plot bunnies. Commas are the bane of his ...more

Bound (5 books)
  • Legally Bound (Bound, #1)
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Damages Incurred (Bound #4)
  • Capital Offense (Bound #5)