Start by marking “Hef's Little Black Book” as Want to Read:
Hef's Little Black Book

Hef's Little Black Book

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Fifty years after inventing the Good Life as no one else had dared, the Master Playboy of the Western World at last shares the secrets that have for generations made him the envy of all free-thinking men and women. Hef's Little Black Book conjures the legendary lifestyle of Hugh M. Hefner as never before, a treasure trove of urbane lore, wry advice, and time-honored wisdom ...more
Published May 11th 2004 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about Hef's Little Black Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hef's Little Black Book

May 07, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2008
started: 6/12/08
finished: 6/16
This is by far the most poorly written book I have ever read. It is basically Bill Zehme trying to write a book around many random quotes by Hefner. After getting beyond the incredibly poor writing, the book was fairly interesting and gave some insight into why he is the way he is. I really think it will be interesting when he does pass away because I think it will come out that he has some mental issues, judging by much of his behavior...but that is just my opinion
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Among the unofficial rites of passage for males in my generation was your hidden stash of Playboy magazines. And of course we only hid them away from our parents because we wanted to read all of the articles for legitimate homework assignments. Being something of a nerd I also set aside time to read the Playboy Advisor. It was here that I learned the serious language of high fidelity versus high-frequency - for you youngsters that's not a reference to sexual styles but rather to the machines we ...more
Dec 26, 2007 rated it liked it
This is a good book for fan's of 1970s and 1980's Hef, the information seems a little outdated but does include lots of info regarding the beginning of Playboy, his marriages, the building of the Playboy mansions, etc.

Lots of good pictures of Hef and his Special Ladies but I think I will stick to books writted by angry ex-bunnies.
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Must have been low that day on books to have picked this one. Hollywood and its cast of narcissistic players is so overrated, and I couldn't stomach Mr. Hefner's words and lifestyle long enough to get halfway through this book.
May 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
I rate the life of the man a 5. The ghost writer, however, deserves a 1 for his awful writing. Hef needs to write his *own* autobiography. A big, thick book about his entire life. Now, that I would read.
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
I actually found this very boring.Sorry to say seeing as I was really looking forward to this one. I am now very leary about trying to read any others on this topic.
Feb 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
Honestly, I found this book extremely boring. I expected it to be a little interesting considering it was Hefner, but that didn't really work out.
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this rather interesting, its about his love life, as well as his feelings on everything else. It was really cool!
Kara Appelgate
Jan 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
I put a rating of three out of five, just because it was funny. =D
Aug 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Playboy fans, Hefner fans
Shelves: read-2008
A rather disappointing book, it was not written very well and was jumpy and erratic at times.
Apr 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Steve Burns
Apr 01, 2016
Oct 02, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »
Hugh Marston Hefner also referred to colloquially as Hef, was the founder, majority owner, editor-in-chief, and Chief Creative Officer of Playboy Enterprises.
More about Hugh Hefner...