Start by marking “Soul Crossed” as Want to Read:
Soul Crossed

Soul Crossed

(Of Demons and Angels #1)

One Demon. One Angel. One Soul.

Josh lived a reckless, selfish life, so upon his death, escaping the eternal torments of Hell by assuming the role of a powerful, soul-corrupting demon is an easy choice. His first soul assignment doesn’t seem too hard: the mortal Camden is already obsessed with weapons, pain, and torture. If only Josh wasn’t distracted by Cam's beautiful fri
Published February 25th 2015 by Full Fathom Five Digital

To ask other readers questions about Soul Crossed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Crossed

Start your review of Soul Crossed
| ARC kindly provided by Full Fathom Five via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

description

Soul Crossed is the story about Josh and Grace trying to complete a really hard task. When Josh died, he became a demon; when Grace died she became an angel and now they've crossed paths in a unique way.
Josh has to help Cam, their human mission, to become the anti-Christ, Grace has to stop it at all costs. Both of them befriend Cam and just do what normal people to: hang out.
Will Josh succ
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Lisa Gail Green, Full Fathom Five, and NetGalley.)

“Inside this boy,” Ms. A. says, “is the ability to destroy everything you know on Earth. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can save him, Grace. You can save the world.”

This was a YA paranormal romance with angels and demons!

I liked both Grace and Josh in this story, although Josh did seem a little misguided at points. It seemed a bit unfair tha
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
SHORT REVIEW:

"Not everyone has your charm, your quick wit, or your looks. You'd be surprised how many things people will do for someone as handsome as you."

should-i-say-wow

This book frustrated me so much. Is it my fault that the gorgeous cover and that blurb made me to expect so much? IS IT MY FAULT? Okay, I finished this book. But this will be short and I'll say what's wrong: EVERYTHING.

No world building.

Awful characters.

Nonsense plot.

Romance that makes me wanna barf.

Instalove gone wrong (they're nev
Dana

Sigh. I should have guessed from the cover, but apparently I am a glutton for punishment. This book...where do I start? How about our amazing MC? She is ditzy, naive and frankly a really shitty Angel. She spends more time lusting after a boys than saving souls. Josh was okay, his position was more understandable and Cam was well done in how freakin creepy he was.

The ending was extremely predictable though, and the insta-love induced a lot of eye rolling. Trusting two newbies with the fate of th
Caru
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I'd like to thank NetGalley and Full Fathom Five for letting me get an ARC copy of this book!

Rating: 5 Stars

My Opinion Of This Book: LOVED THIS. IT'S SO AMAZING. READ IT, READ IT!
__________________________________________________

Okay, so where to start? THAT COVER. It's beautiful, gorgeous, and amazing. But what's even better than a nice cover that looks absolutely incredible on your shelf? When the content inside of it is so breathtakingly amazing, and that's exactly the case with Soul Crossed
Taylor Knight
Feb 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs
I knew from the second that I seen the cover of Soul Crossed that I would love this book. I love the colors and the font. It a really pretty cover! However, I didn’t love this book like I thought I would.

Soul Crossed is about a boy named Josh who lived his life recklessly and wasn’t the nicest person and a girl named Grace who died violently when she was sixteen. When Josh dies he becomes a demon and when Grace dies, she becomes an angel. They both are sent on a mission to claim the soul of a ki
Anna Luce
Rating: 1 Star

DFN at 20%

This book was many shades of awful.
Soul Crossed is about a Josh and Grace waking up respectively in Hell and Heaven. They will be both given a mission, Josh will have to corrupt the same soul Grace is supposed to save.
I immediately disliked the complete lack of a realistic behavior in both protagonists. They both sound flat and monotone.Within the first chapter they accept the fact that they are dead, without ever thinking about their families and friends.

The lack of worl
Pamela
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

From the cover, you'd think this is one more fluffy angel/demon romance to add to the pile. I sure did think so, but this was one of those times I was pleased to be wrong.

There's something dark about the plot that makes it spicy, and I was actually very surprised to see this kind of story line, since most of this sort of books don't dare dwelve too much in the religious aspects for fear of messing it up somehow.

This story was dar
Martina Boone
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've loved this ever since I read it years ago. Like all of Lisa's ideas, this one takes something we think we know and twists it until it becomes something entirely different, something with originality, humor, and devilishly sly tweaks of the tropes. Lisa takes the battle for a soul to a different and hellish dimension here! A fun, fast, and engaging read!
Cassie
Initial Review:
Ok, so it improved somewhat towards the end, once all the characters were on the same page, but until then it was just frustrating.

Full review can also be found here

The Short Version:

I was expecting something awesomely amazing.

I didn’t get it.

Warning: The Long Version may contain spoilers

The Long Version:

Ok, I had some serious problems with this book.

1. The pacing
It felt like every single chapter took place a few weeks after the previous chapter. It felt like getting random snapsh
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I had a mini debate in my head while deciding whether to join the book tour for this on or not, but I'm glad that my curiosity got the better of me because I enjoyed it.

Soul Crossed is about an Angel and a Demon both assigned to the same person, Camden, a man who is capable of causing the apocalypse. As time goes by, Josh and Grace get feelings for each other, but a love between an Angel and a Demon is forbidden, for obvious reasons.

Soul Crossed is the most unique apoca
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/mini-rev...

I loved the cover – seriously, how gorgeous is it – and so I wanted to give this book a shot. Uhm. Well, it didn’t turn out the way I expected at all. There’s insta-love (I hate insta-love), the main character is a total Mary Sue, the ending is predictable, the characters are mostly egocentric and their “love” isn’t real love at all, and the first few chapters consist of several time jumps, which makes it impossible t
pearl.
*I received an Advance Reader Copy From Full Fathom Five in exchange for my honest review*

First Thoughts

I'm feeling a wide range of emotions based on what I've just read. Contentedness: because you KNOW a book is good when you want to laugh with glee, hug a pillow and cry, and throw it across the room throughout reading it. Sorrow: because I always expect good to conquer evil, but it didn't quite happen this way in Soul Crossed. Rage: because of what happened to Tommy #2, the dog. I'm NEVER goin
Aneta Bak
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
"I think evil isn't so cut and dry. Sometimes it wears the face of a friend or an average person. That's what makes it so insidious."

She was killed by a drunk driver. Sent to heaven, Grace has been given the chance to become an angel, but first she must save Camen's soul, the boy who just might be the antichrist.
Josh was the drunk driver that killed Grace, and ultimately killed himself in the process. Sent to hell, Lucifer gives him the choice of eternal torment, or helping him turn Camden to
Aira  Cabrera
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC provided by Full Fathom Five via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Grace died and became an angel

Josh died and became a demon.

They both have a mission. Josh’s is to corrupt Cam and make sure that he fulfills his destiny. Which is to become the antichrist.

Grace’s mission is to save Cam and make sure that he doesn’t become too dark to save.

Cam has a miserable life. His mom hates him and she makes sure that he knows it.

Grace and Josh befriend Cam. The three of them hang out toge
Mika *My Name is Rio Blog*
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

My gif for Soul Crossed:

My message to all aspiring authors out there, don't be discouraged when you receive a negative review. More times than you think it's the case of "It's me, not you."

Take the example of my review of Soul Crossed. It's the perfect case to illustrate my point. Soul Crossed has all the cliches you can expect from a YA book and the plot could seriously be more developed. However, the moment I read the first pa
Khulood
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
An angel and a demon fighting over one soul...

Grace died and became an angel
Josh died and become a demon

And now both both on a mission to win THE soul that would start the apocalypse each to his/her side.

The plot is brilliant! I fell in love with both main characters. Don't let the cover fool you, this isn't a cheesy angel/demon love story... There is a constant struggle of good vs evil, and of finding that last bit of humanity within you when you feel that all is lost.
There is just a lot to l
Lulai
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I must say that I've got very mixed feelings about this book, I absolutely love the cover which is beautiful and it's the first thing that made me want to read this book.

But I had a little trouble with some aspects of the book. First, the romance is very cliché for me, forbidden love is often used in books and once again we got it but why? Why do we have each time a referring to Romeo and Juliet, the star-crossed lovers. It is so cl
Siobhan Davis
DNF at 52%. I just couldn't get into this story - neither the characters nor the plot engaged me enough to want to continue. I hate not finishing a book but I have an ARC list the length of my arm so I can't afford to waste time on something I'm not enjoying. I understand how much work goes into writing a book so I'm sorry that this one wasn't for me. The writing is actually very good, but I'm just not buying the story. It's too juvenile on the one hand even though it appears more mature on the ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Torturing animals is not on with me, fictional or otherwise. I can understand the need to paint Camden as psychotic and evil, but I can't continue. DNF.
Marjolein
Full review to come!
Carrie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Review originally posted on Once Upon A Dream Books

*Received a copy via NetGalley for an honest review.*

*This review contains spoilers, you are warned.*

(view spoiler)
Amanda
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me as an ARC via NetGalley in turn for an honest review

Synopsis: Grace and Josh are both dead, which sucks. Grace is an angel and Josh is a demon, but both are vying for the soul of one guy. Said guy is BEYOND creepy and apparently the anti-Christ Despite their missions, Josh and Grace find themselves inexplicably drawn to one another, only problem is that naturally their relationship can't really go anywhere, or can it.

So, I had some misgivings about this book when I fir
☆Stephanie☆
* I received a copy of this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
I am such a mushy love story person. When I read the description for this book, I had to request it. I love the Angel/Demon story. I love Grace and Josh. I love flawed characters who aren't bad enough to be demons or good enough to be angels. Makes me think I have a shot at getting into heaven.
Soul Crossed may seem like an obvious storyline: boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, boy considers sleeping with gi
Aggie Unsworth
OMG!!! Look at that cover!! It is stunning, one of the prettiest ones I have seen this year. And that is exactly why I needed to have this book of Netgalley. Forever having a soft spot for beautiful covers pays of sometimes and goes wrong sometimes too. This time its been a bit of both really. While i still loved the concept of this book, I just feel like it could have been so much more.

This is the story of Josh and Grace, both have died and while Grace ends up in heaven with the chance to beco
Jess (the cozy reader)
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Big thanks to Full Fathom Five and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review.

Soul Crossed was such an exciting novel. I will admit that I am a huge fan of book covers and this one definitely caught my eye, and the story is even better. In a world of angels and demons, Heaven and Hell, seeking to claim the same soul, finding redemption, and.. falling in love. It's a forbidden love between an angel and a demon. I really love a good forbidden love story and this one worked very well.

This book is to
Lindsay
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

This was a book that really surprised me. I was actually not looking as forward to reading this as I had other books. But once I started it boy was I glad I did. the characters are raw and real. The writing is well thought out. I like the way the chapters were set up in order to show both Grace and Josh's points of view. Cam is absolutely a terrifying character. He is the person that people shy away fro
Andrea Heltsley
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first got this book, I grabbed it for the Romeo and Juliet concept. It looked interesting and had that whole forbidden love going on.

From the first page, I knew that this wasn't going to be just your ordinary young adult paranormal romance. You think there is going to be a love triangle, but you would be wrong.

The characters were flawed but still had a strong sense of morality to them. The dynamic between Grace, Josh and Cam was well orchestrated.

I was holding on until the last page, w
Sabrina
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, 2016
I'm not going to write a full review for this book. I do not like this book, at all. It was appalling and distasteful. There is one particular character that got under my skin and I hate it. It's not like the others were any better.
I do not plan on reading the next book or whatever is next.

If you follow my review you know how I usually am with book reviews and I'm just off with this one.
Abbie
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked both the main characters in this, although it took me a while to warm to Josh.

This was an enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to reading book two.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Apr 12, 2015 09:31AM
Making Connections: 3672. SOUL CROSSED by Lisa Gail Green 1 12 Mar 03, 2015 07:18PM

• Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
  • The Warrior Maiden (Hagenheim, #9)
  • The Grown Ups' Crusade (The Neverland Wars, #3)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Distant Waves
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • The Neverland Wars (The Neverland Wars, #1)
  • Defy (Defy, #1)
  • The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, #1)
  • Servant of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #1)
  • The River of Time Chronicles (River of Time #1-3)
  • Bourne & Tributary (River of Time, #3.1 & #3.2)
  • Everneath (Everneath, #1)
  • Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1)
  • Crave (The Clann, #1)
  • The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)
  • Awaken (Abandon, #3)
  • Underworld (Abandon, #2)
Lisa Gail Green writes paranormal and fantasy. She would most definitely have a werewolf for a pet if she weren't allergic.

Of Demons and Angels (3 books)
  • Soul Corrupted (Of Demons and Angels, #2)
  • Soul Conquered (Of Demons and Angels, #3)

News & Interviews