Start by marking “Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)

Cage of Destiny

(Reign of Secrets #3)

Destined from birth to be the next empress of Emperion, Allyssa grew up at court weighed down by the expectations of the crown. Kingdom and duty always came first.

Until now.

Having survived the brutal kingdom of Russek, she is given the choice to walk away and live a peaceful, quiet life. But it also means giving up everything she knows and everyone she loves. Before she
ebook
Published August 21st 2017 by Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cage of Destiny, please sign up.
Megan Book 4 (Oath of Deception, which came out in June 2018) is the first book with Savenek as the main character. Just as we hear more about Rema and…moreBook 4 (Oath of Deception, which came out in June 2018) is the first book with Savenek as the main character. Just as we hear more about Rema and Darmick from the True Reign series in the Reign of Secrets series, I'm hoping to hear more about Allysa as she continues the books for Savenek.(less)

Start your review of Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)
Katerina
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Binge read (n.):
1) When you get so engrossed in a book that you read it in one sitting.
2) To read a book (usually for school) in the course of a day; most times when you were given a long period of time to read the book in the first place.
3) The impulse to finish Reign of Secrets without giving a darn about sleep, work, food and other nuisances, such as zombie apocalypse, alien invasion etc

So, let me be your Gandalf guide to this world of adventure and swoony romance!
“I don't need to hear my
Elisabeth Wheatley
Though there were things about the previous book in the series that bothered me and awkward dialogue/description combos at the beginning of this one, I’m declaring this the author’s BEST BOOK EVER. I read this in a single day and that hasn’t happened in months. I WAS SO STOKED AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH OH MY GOSH.

The themes of balancing duty and love from the first series have carried over into Reign of Secrets. That’s probably my favorite thing about this series (tied with Kerdan’s existence, of
Paula
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been anxiously awaiting book 3 in this series. Book 2, Cage of Darkness was absolutely fantastic. I loved the dark turn it took. Book 3 picks up right where CoD left off. I was on the edge of my seat reading this book. Although it didn't have the darker tone that I love, I enjoyed the twists and turns! I look forward to reading anything Jennifer Anne Davis writes!
Zachary Flye
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review:

Protagonist: I feel like I say this with all final installments, but Allyssa really has come a long way since the first book in this series. Once a girl caged by her responsibility, she now has the choice to live whatever life she chooses, and because of her character development throughout this series, she has everything she needs to make the choice that works best for her. Once a girl against marriage, especially one forced upon her, she wants to do what is best for her country, even if
Kelly
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series. I can't really write anything about this book because I didn't really see what was coming until it hit me! I felt stupid that I didn't see it! But, it was perfect! Now, I want more and can't wait to see Savenek's story!
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.
I honestly forgot about writing a review for Cage of Destiny after reading it, so I am now fashionably late in the reviewing scheme of things.

My excuse: I've been trying to get both of my co-bloggers into reading this and it has not happened yet. My mission will continue. (Also
Megan Olguin
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Y'all.
This author!!
This series!!

I am CRAZY frustrated writing this review because I want to gush about it, but I will spoil the things that I am excited about! Everything that was amazing, emotional, and exciting, I have to keep my mouth shut about. AHHH!!
I will say that it's incredible, everything I wanted.... And more ;)

I am so so SOOOO so excited about the ending. When you read it (and you absolutely should.
) You'll understand what I mean!

Someone read this and then call me so we can fangirl
Michelle
best series ever! Review to come
Dee/ bookworm
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-2018
I think this one is one of the best in the series so far! Can't wait to read the next!!
Corine
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
Wow. What to even say about this book. It was PERFECTION. It was a coming of age story about Allyssa. She grew so much as a person. She made some decisions that weren't necessarily expected, but showed her maturity as a character. I was utterly impressed. She was strong, brave, compassionate, determined and brilliant.

.."Instead of feeling caged by her future, excitement for the unknown coursed through her."

At the end of book 2, Odar broke Allyssa's heart. He claimed that he loved her too much
Pam (YA Escape)
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it and it's a satisfying conclusion to Allyssa's story but (view spoiler) ...more
Rebecca
Since the explosive ending for Cage of Deceit, I have been eagerly awaiting to see what would happen to Allyssa and her kingdom. I had absolutely no idea how she would resolve her heartache and everything she endured. While this one is not as action packed and intense as the first two books, I found Cage of Destiny to be a worthwhile and fitting ending to Allyssa’s story.

“You can’t live in fear of your future, of what may or may not come to pass.”

I admire how strong and courageous Allyssa has
Jan farnworth
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in this amazing spin off series from Jennifer Anne Davis True Reign series. It does not disappoint yes this series has a darker tone to it overall but it truly needs it. This is the battle for Allyssa future free of being pursured by Queen Jana and determining the future she wants to have weather it one as the Queen or something else.

I really think Jennifer gave us everything we expected to find hidden within the pages of this novel. I was on the edge of my seat as we
Megan
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. It was by far my favorite of the series. I love how this story played out. I love the choice Allyssa made for herself and her people. She was such a strong character. She was strong in the first book but she was also naive and young. I am just obsessed with her after this book. And Kerdan is the love of my life. He was perfection.

I loved the tie ins from Jennifer Anne Davis' True Reign series! Darmik is a funny dad.

I received an ecopy of this book from the author.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
I absolutely loved this book, and the way Allyssa's story is wrapped up. Cage of Destiny kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I read it. When I finished it, I was tempted to re-read it again. I'm so glad there is much more to come with some of the characters in this book. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them all just yet. I highly recommend picking this book up!

FULL REVIEW https://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/2017/...
Carol Edholm
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book in this fantasy series. Many twists and turns to keep the reader on the edge of their seat. Can't-put-it-down type of book full of good and bad Royals, kingdoms, heartbreak, love and family. A must read!
Diana Koenig
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually enjoyed this series very much. I tend to find most YA books written poorly with a predictable plot, ridiculous main characters, and the main characters fall in love too quickly. This series surprised me. The writing was decent aside from the occasional poorly chosen words ('doing her hair' and the main character's exclamations), and the main character focused on the wrong things at odd times. The main character slowly evolved over time, the plot was fairly action-packed and kept me ...more
Dania Mcclanahan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
loving this series...sorry that Alyssa's story ended and wanted more of her and Kerdan, so hoping it comes together later. some much goes on that this book just keeps you going to find out more. great writing by the author.
Nottie
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh no!!! I want more more more. Please let this not be the last book, I want to get to know Kerdan and Savenek.
Tinnie
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This was swoonworthy! I devoured it all over a couple of hours. I'm so glad we didn't need to wait a year after the release of the previous book.

Looking forward to the next part of the series!
Leah Alvord
While I usually always write my own summaries for books I'm reviewing, there's one line from the publisher-provided summary that I absolutely adore:

'She can either embrace her destiny or be caged by it.'

No sentiment could be more perfect for this book.

Summary:

Allyssa is a survivor. After the horrors of Russek and nursing a broken heart, she is at last given a choice: She doesn't have to come home.

The decision to walk away and lead a normal life is a tempting one, though it means leaving behind
Coralie
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion to the trilogy! Well, there are two more books in the series, but they're not the same story or told from Allyssa's pov, as I understand it. All in all, it was a satisfying conclusion; and although I wouldn't rate either the conclusion or the series as a whole among my a favorites, it was an entertaining read.

The plot was paced slower than the previous two books, but I still found myself engaged in the story. I didn't ever get bored with it, despite the fewer life and death
Nadia
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Contains spoilers!!
....

This book seriers keep getting better!! Loved how we got to see some of the old characters from True reign in this book! And getting to know Kerdan better, and see him and Allyssa get together, was AMAZING!! Loved that so much! Still having Jarvik watch the whole thing was painfull, and i felt so bad for him over and over again, god he really did deserve better than this, damn you Jennifer!
The way Kerdan opened up doing this book, was amazing, and the ending, god i'm dying
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great end to Allyssa's story-- though I look forward to reading more from another point of view!

Allyssa is finally home-- sort of. I loved that she was not immediately swept back into the life of the royal heir-- her parents gave her time to recover from her imprisonment and torture, to reflect and decide how to proceed and whether she would like to come back to court at all. It was also nice to see that she didn't just get over all the horrible things that happened to her. She
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: Mostly, I was disappointed that the romance fell apart so poorly. And that the fighting and such happened elsewhere. The MC didn't do much, just kept hearing about things happening far away with soldiers or armies.

And she goes and falls into love lust with the other prince. Huh? He's not terrible to the princess, but he's violent and angry at others. His kingdom is in shambles. I got the sense she was trying to think with logic instead of emotion and trying to do what was best
Ivusha (Tenebien)
Ok, this was definitely the best book of the series...
... Even though there were still plot holes and the motivation of the characters was weaaaak. (view spoiler)
I'd also like to point out, that the character of Odar changed so much since the first book... I mean, in the first book he let Alyssa fight a
Kevin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book more than the previous one. There's real romance, and lots of action. Allyssa's former fiance Odar has become a real jerk. It's as if he were a completely different person, a fact Allyssa notes.
I'm disappointed to see that the next book in the series will focus on Allyssa's brother. I've gotten to know all the characters, and Allyssa's story is not done. I look forward to hearing more about her.
Typos: the same as in the previous books in the series: diffuse is used a couple
Carmen
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Limecello
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
... MISTAKES WERE MADE!!! I don't know how/why but I figured ... (and this is on me) that everything between Alyssa and ... [her guy] would be resolved by this book since book 4 is about Savenek ... but THE ENDING IS STILL OPEN ENDED! *SCREAMS* even with the "if you dare" intro - which to be honest I hate and almost made me not read the books.

This is basically grown up YA IMO ... I like the whole "move on from the unworthy guy" aspect of this subgenre - because fuck him. Also because man HE
Jenn
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Possible Spoilers*

Jennifer does an amazing job weaving her tale and connecting you to the characters. I didn't want to put the book down. Although I can say that throughout the series I was able to predict certain things would happen but it just kept me reading and wanting to know if I was right. I loved how it ended with Alyssa embracing her duty as the crown heir, but I really wish that there was at least one more story with Alyssa to see more of what happens with Kerdan. If not from Alyssa's
« previous 1 3 next »

• Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • A Kiss of Treason (The Kingmakers' War, #3)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • A Court of Lies (The Kingmakers' War, #6)
  • A Circle of Flames (The Kingmakers' War, #4)
  • A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War, #1)
  • A Bed of Blades (The Kingmakers' War, #2)
  • A Shield of Sorrow (The Kingmakers' War, #5)
  • The Consort (Ascension, #3)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds Book 5)
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • Fantasy of Flight (Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Fantasy of Fire (Tainted Accords #3)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (Tainted Accords #4)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes #1)
  • A Knife of Oblivion (The Kingmakers' War, #8)
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

Reign of Secrets (5 books)
  • Cage of Deceit (Reign of Secrets, #1)
  • Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, #2)
  • Oath of Deception (Reign of Secrets, #4)
  • Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)
“I don't need to hear my mother's speech. I know what my destiny is, and I'm ready to face it.” 0 likes
“For us to survive this tomorrow, I need you to be the fighter I know you can be. I need you to be you.” 0 likes