Start by marking “Reach For The Stars (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reach For The Stars (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #3)

Reach For The Stars (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  1,079 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
How is Abby Hayes supposed to stand out, considering that one sister's a genius, the other one's a superathlete, and her younger brother's a child prodigy? Abby takes comfort in her journal-and that is exactly where her own special talents shine.
Published December 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Reach For The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reach For The Stars

Haley Hoch
Apr 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I like these series alot! They give me a break on all of the fantasy books like Twilight, and those books, these are good books. When I am sick of Fantasy books (Twilight, ETC) I come to these books!
Or simply I just read them for fun!
Renee
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
my childhood once again :')
Devin Arnold
Love this book!!!
Edward Creter
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Abby Hayes is still in 5th grade...and still kickin it for fans of all ages. In this one, her sisters still argue, and everyone in the Hayes Clan is still more talented than her...but all that is about to change. Abby is trying out for the play version of Peter Pan, which I would've found questionable at best. After all, Peter Pan is a boy threatened with death by older man Captain Hook and the Lost Boys--mere kids--kill off older gent pirates but since it's a kids' classic, I think it's cool. W ...more
M
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book that is for young readers but can be enjoyed by teens as well. In this installation, Abby's class is performing Peter Pan and she does not know which character to play. On top of that, she is jealous of one of her friends' acting abilities and knows that if she wants to play a main character she will likely be competing against the self-proclaimed best actress in the class (the ever-bragging Brianna). Join Abby as she finds her identity and learns that you don't always have to be ...more
Ckolleen
This is one of my favorite Abby Hayes books so far. I did like that the story wasn't what you thought at first. Abby and her calendars, the one that I laughed the most about was on Chapter 6 "Genius is patience" - Paper Clip Calendar.. and Abby writes in her journal "Oh yeah? Without patience, nothing would ever get done" and that is very true! lol
Melz (mele) manako
Feb 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: melz
i think its very inspiring and friendly what happens in the start is that abby was exited about the peter pan play and the whole school is in it and at the end it talks about how the good luck actually worked on her cause she was really good at it.:)
Christy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: popular, easy-reader
Anna Motteler
Aug 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
I loved these books when I was in elementary school. They're a great read for girls of that age. They're funny too. (:
Muneeba
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
nice dairy type
Anne
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My favourite part of this book was seeing Abby acting the different characters of Peter Pan, and trying to "become" inanimate objects. She was so funny!
Melissa Nunez
Apr 19, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this book in febuary 5 , 2009 . I found this book in Ms,. Woodards new book bin .
Natalie Tulone
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you like drama then read this book.
Rosaleen Leclair
I thought this book was great. It taught me something very important. I'm loving the series so far.
Mustang
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
i liked this book because she changed the whole sript.And she tryed out for peter pan and did not get the role she was a little up set then she got over it
Rachel
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Abby is so amazing she is a ten year old girl and she was going to be in a school play. Called Peter Pan.She wanted to be Wendy but she didn't get to be.
Anjelica Juarez
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
a well done book
Lisa
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Have read twice! Read a couple weeks ago....
Really good! Abby gets an amazing chance, so read on!!!
pinky
Nov 11, 2008 added it
if u luv acting...........
Michelle Kidwell
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very cute kids book, good for middle readers, I think many kids will enjoy this book!
In Christs Love
Michelle~
Marissa
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book and I love how much abby is like me!
Katie
May 26, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was okay, and an easy read about a classroom who puts on a play;the play was Peter Pan.
Cindy
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
good
Lena
Jan 30, 2009 rated it liked it
it was probably the best out of the ones i have read
Dee
Sep 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I think I like the realism in these books. Glad things don't always work out perfectly and teaches the readers that sometimes things stink but you can still get past it.
Nora
Sep 14, 2008 rated it liked it
I didn't want to like it-- but I did. 2nd grade girls love this series, and I see why. Abby's creative and silly and I'm buying the books for my library...
Molly
Feb 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
It was really good!!!
Abbey
Apr 07, 2008 rated it liked it
ok, i have to admit one of the reasons i love the "Abby Hayes" books is that she has my name. but i really used to read all of those books in fourth grade.
Yessenia
Jun 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 3-5 graders
Recommended to Yessenia by: no one
ok not that bad of a book has interesting part good for grades 3-5 nice with vocabalary and grammar fun.
Alayna
Oct 09, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: jillian
i love this book and it reminds me of jillian and i when we did the play alice in wonderland. And i know how people could get jelouse just like in this book.
  • Amelia Writes Again (Amelia's Notebooks, #2)
  • Thanks for Nothing (From the Files of Madison Finn, #5)
  • Amber Brown Goes Fourth
  • Grace's Twist (Camp Confidential, #3)
Quite a lot of Anne Mazer’s writing education took place while she was unconscious. Her parents wanted desperately to become writers and made themselves get up at 4:00 a.m. Every morning in order to have writing time before their three young children awoke. The first thing Anne heard every day was two big, noisy electric typewriters. The furious sound of typing was her childhood wake-up music. Dur ...more
More about Anne Mazer

The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #1)
  • The Declaration Of Independence (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #2)
  • Have Wheels, Will Travel (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #4)
  • Look Before You Leap (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #5)
  • The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #6)
  • Two Heads Are Better Than One (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #7)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #9)
  • Everything New Under The Sun (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #10)
  • Too Close For Comfort (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #11)