Start by marking “The Wild Beyond (The Last Wild, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wild Beyond (The Last Wild, #3)

The Wild Beyond

(The Last Wild #3)

FROM THE WINNER OF THE GUARDIAN CHILDREN’S FICTION PRIZE.

The final heart-stopping instalment of the bestselling, award-winning The Last Wild trilogy.

This is the story of a boy named Kester. He has brought the animals of his world back from the brink of disaster, and he believes there is hope on the other side. And, he might just be right, because:

1. The last blue whale on
Published April 2nd 2015 by Quercus

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Beyond, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Abi Elphinstone
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In November 2013 I began a journey with a boy called Kester – and two years later I’m still enthralled by his adventures. I’ve watched Kester rescue the animals with stag, wolf cub, cockroach, white pigeon and mouse in The Last Wild, I’ve seen Kester save the humans in the award-winning sequel, The Dark Wild. And now it’s time for the final instalment in Piers Torday’s trilogy, The Wild Beyond.

This is the story of a boy named Kester. He has rescued the last wild animals in the world, and saved h
Rebecca
The suspenseful finale to “The Last Wild,” Piers Torday’s fantasy trilogy for younger readers. Kester Jaynes, his father and his friends Polly and Aida are among the last inhabitants of Premium. The post-apocalyptic city (based on London) was largely abandoned after repeated flooding of the Ams and a mass extinction. If Kester can find the Iris, a DNA depository for all extinct flora and fauna, there’s a chance he can repopulate the earth. His ability to talk to animals is a bonus. From the last ...more
Ahmad Al-mutawa
كانت تجربة مريرة امتدت بي خلال أربعة أشهر كي أنتهي من قراءة هذا الجزء

كما توقعت. الكتاب لا يصل إلى نصف ولا ربع محتوى الجزء الأول من القصة.
كان من الأولى أن يتم الإنتهاء من هذه القصة في جزءها الأول. حيث أن القارئ لا يزال يكتشف العالم الجديد الذي تصفه أحداث الكتاب.
شعرت برغبة ملحة بعدم إنهاء الكتاب خلال الفصلين الأولين. وذلك لأنه لا يحدث أي شيء خلالهما.
مجرد حوار طويل وممل بين شخصيات القصة الرئيسية. وهذا ما جعل وتيرة الأحداث تتعثر إلى حد التوقف بل والرجوع للخلف أيضاً.

سأقوم بسرد ما أعجبني في البداية ثم
Lauren
I think I’ve been holding off finishing this trilogy for fear of it ending and an inevitable sadness that Kester’s journey is now over ( or is it just beginning)

I adore the animal characters that have been apart of the adventure throughout from the proud and loyal stag, the boastful but endearing wolf to the headstrong cockroach and unruly pigeons but also the new characters that accompany the young heroes in the third book- the intelligent know-it-all dolphins and the laid back lizard.

The fri
Angharad Ross-Jones
A fitting end to one of my all-time favourite series.

The Last Wild trilogy is funny, moving, heart-warming and inspiring. It deals with the most important theme I believe any book can tackle in our modern times- the destruction of our Earth.
Add to that talking animals with adorable and quirky personalities and a small band of good-intentioned and plucky humans and it's like Piers Torday wrote this story with me in mind.
I loved it.
I honestly can't think of a single thing I didn't like about the w
Isaac
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fir Tree
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THE WILD BEYOND

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!! Kester's two best friends, Polly; an adventurous ‘outsider’, and Aida; who litter-ally lives in a dump, always seem to be in danger with him. The wild beyond is the third book of the trilogy. I find this book absolutely brilliant and thrilling. If you are a good reader and are 7-14 years old. The main character, Kester Jaynes, is an adventurous boy who always finds himself in danger whether it’s rowing across the ocean with his in a glass boat, searching for
Stephen Connor
Perfect storytelling which, as with books 1 and 2, have a really strong message about the environment, and how life in all its guises should be cherished.

The main thrust of Kester’s adventure sees him sail to a mysterious island in order to solve the riddle of the whale’s prophecy. Here he meets a man who reveals a lot about Selwyn Stone’s motives, tying the three books together beautifully.

There is humour, loss, despair, determination and much more, not to mention a bittersweet ending. A fant
Jacky
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series started off as such a cute and beautiful story of a young boy going on an adventure with the wild.
And it turned out quite dark in the end! I really loved how the story matured and got so serious that I wasn't really sure how it would end.
And in the end, I loved it. Sure, not the happy end others would have wished for but in my opinion it was beautiful. I even cried.

Definitely one of the best book series I ever read!!! Thank you, Kester, Polly, Aida, the Wild and Mr Torday for that am
Mike Watson
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ending

This book went in a direction that I wasn’t expecting, which was nice. It draw Kester’s adventure to an ending which leaves you both smiling and nodding while at the back of your mind wondering... what if...
A great trilogy, other. Which I have enjoyed all three !
Dawn  Stacey
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I read this trilogy to my son who when we started was 12 and I thought I would hate it but I found myself loving the book as much as my son. We loved every single character especially the white pigeon, we laughed and cried throughout, its amazing
Eric Big
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST TRILOGY ON EARTH

it's amazing! i couldn't stop reading! You need to keep these books going!
The way the trilogy is laid out is just....well.....AMAZING
Kirsten Fraser
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
A gripping end to a superb trilogy.
John
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful
Electro Cat
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. It was exciting and fun. I wish I could give this book 100 stars!
karen bowden-brown
Kester Jaynes

Amazing read loved every second of it. Couldn’t put it down hated the idea of having to put it away to go to bed
Joanna Glaze
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Beth (bibliobeth)
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the last book in Piers Torday’s wonderful series The Last Wild and I’m pretty sad that it’s all come to an end as I’ve really enjoyed it. Ah well, that’s what re-reading is for I guess. I will also try and keep this review is as spoiler-free as possible but I really recommend reading the first two books in the series if you haven’t so far – you’ve missed a lot! When we meet Kester, our main character again in this novel, the tone is a little more melancholy than the previous two books. K ...more
Satsuma
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-17
The Wild Beyond is totally captivating. A real page-turner. I am an extreme fan of Piers Torday, and I might say this is my favourite of his books. I really like Kester, Polly and actually the mouse quite a lot. The Wild Beyond is one of the best books I've ever read, along with many others like The Dreamsnatcher, of course and it is the perfect read for me as I LOVE Adventure and Fantasy. To finish my review off, I would like to say I recommend this book to everyone!!!
Emily
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. This series has been my favourite to read this year. I was lucky enough to find it towards the end of the year so didn't have to wait too long for the last part but it was one of those situations where I wanted to know what happens but didn't want it to end. This is the third book in the series.

Kester is unique, he is a 'Wildness' and can communicate with animals, he can't communicate well with humans. Along with his friends, Polly and Aida, and some of his Wild, he u
Clare
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s always hard to review the last book in a trilogy, not knowing if your readers have read the first two. Although not impossible to read as a stand-alone, I would implore everyone to read the first two titles, The Last Wild and The Dark Wild, before coming to The Wild Beyond.

The Wild Beyond matches the magic of the first two books in the series, continuing the adventure story of Kester, his two friends, Polly and Aida, and the animals they have gathered along the way. It is a triumphant and g
Jay
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ken Girisya
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dylan
May 28, 2016 added it
This book is good for all readers in the start it was hard to know what is happening with out reading the other books, although this book has great has moments. Each page make you wants read more. I think the author did a great job
Lauren
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ending to a wonderful trilogy!
Little
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
it's a good story tho a bit predictable at times and to much comic relief for my personal taste
Samantha
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Thought provoking too near the truth on how we are destroying the planet & each other. The best book of the trilogy.
Jamie Seers
Jan 09, 2017
Sharon Gardner
Jan 07, 2019

• Momentum
  • The Skeleton's Holiday
  • Piper Reed, The Great Gypsy (Piper Reed #2)
  • True Colors
  • Mika: My New Life (Lotus Lane, #4)
  • Everything I Was
  • Lifeboat 12
  • The Battle Of The Sun
  • Race the Night
  • Thornghost (The Twistrose Key, #2)
  • Phoenix
  • Skeleton Tree
  • The Wild Book
  • Sophie Someone
  • Fearless
  • To Come and Go Like Magic
  • The Snow Jewel (The Rescue Princesses, #5)
  • Also Known as Harper
Piers Torday began his career in theatre and then television as a producer and writer. His first book for children, The Last Wild, was shortlisted for the Waterstones Children’s Book Award and nominated for the CILIP Carnegie Medal. The sequel, The Dark Wild, won the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize. Other books include The Wild Beyond and The Death of an Owl (with Paul Torday.) His adaptation of ...more

The Last Wild (3 books)