Start by marking “Lean Change Management: Innovative practices for managing organizational change” as Want to Read:
Lean Change Management: Innovative practices for managing organizational change

Lean Change Management: Innovative practices for managing organizational change

This book will help you implement successful change and bypass change resistance by co-creating change. The book will do that through examples of how innovative practices can dramatically improve the success of change programs. These practices combine ideas from the Agile, Lean Startup, change management, organizational development and psychology communities. This book wil ...more
Published October 8th 2014 by Happy Melly Express (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lean Change Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lean Change Management

Richard Newton
Interesting, but a book I read with mixed feelings, hence the balanced 3 star review.

To start with the good, I liked a number of things about this book. Basically, I like the core advice - it's practical and pragmatic. I like some of the ways the author combines good modern practice in change management with some older techniques - like ADKAR, Kotter's 8-step model, and the McKinsey 7s framework. I liked this not because I am fixated with those techniques, but because I liked the way the author
Sebastian Gebski
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really have a problem with rating this book.

It's really well written, concise & fluff-free - what is more, I do agree with 100% of what has been stated by author, but I can't really help the feeling that this book didn't help me to improve in any way, didn't give me "more ammo" to pursuit introducing changes, didn't teach me "any new trick". I wouldn't call it wasting time, but I've expected a bit more.

What did I like most?
* author is not afraid to admit that there were things that did not
Aleksey
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book looks like a case study of agile introduction in an organization Jason was working for.
It's well written and has a huge amount of references to other materials that can help with the general and practical knowledge in Change management.
Piotr
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Piotr by: Łukasz Lichota
Disappointing. This should be a short series of blog articles or a 1h presentation on a conference - not a book.

Mentioned ‘frameworks’ and ideas are explained very briefly, in most cases the reader is directed to a link in references to read more. Often the anecdote supporting the description does not explain very well how to use the tool and how is it helpful. Another thing is that often the idea behind those ‘frameworks’ can be conveyed in a 30 seconds speech (and referenced Wikipedia articles
Toby
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Very simple and easy to read guide on Lean Change Management. This book is literally like an autobiography of my life. At times i felt it was a little too simplistic and could of gone into more detail. In particular, the psychology of change and coaching models. I liked the section about Canvases and i'll certainly plan to use some of them. Only took about 2hrs to read so a nice way to dip your toes in and go exploring some of the topics such as ADKAR, Lean Coffee, Management 3.0 in other source ...more
Henrik Berglund Berglund
The book reads very much like a case study of a time Jasons was introducing agile in an organization. Perhaps one pf his first tinmes doing this?

The practices and approach described in this book are all good. I was expecting more from the title though and came out disappointed by lack of depth and of ideas I had not seen before.

I do love a case study over theory though and the read was easy and quick!
Pieter
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: management-psych
Very nicely written book, providing a helicopter view on the field of lean change management. However, given the fact that the author does not go in detail (making it easier to read) results in a summary of general insights. These were not new to me, such that the book overall is pleasant but not bringing new knowledge (at least not for me).
Lorenzo Armenta Fonseca
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book by Jason Little proposes very good innovative and agile practices for change management in an organization through various techniques and tools that can be easily used to implement changes efficiently and dynamically through continuous experimentation.
ragulusus29
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brooklyn wanted two things.
Her own bakery.
And Nate Riley.

Opening her own business was the easy part.
Trying to forget about Nate when he disappeared was the hard part.

Now, years later, she's running her bakery while engaged to the ideal man.

Then the unimaginable
Carlos Sánchez
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Concise, practical and context located. I've found it a great approach to manage change in a nor pushed way, a guide for change agents with a lot of advice and without dogma.

A must if you have to manage some kind of complex change in an organizational environment. A great field companion.
Abe Massry
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
The book was written excellently. The writer told a story, used descriptive language and kept me engaged despite the subject matter. I cannot stress enough how excellent a job the writer did at describing this subject. The subject matter was not for me.
Paul
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cheeky little read, gives a brief overview of various change tools, good as a gentle intro but then getting into more heavy weight source material. Would be good choice for a work book club
Michel Rivard
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple, efficient, action-oriented
Erwin Verweij
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book with practical tips and tricks for implementing change. Every Agile coach should have this one in his pocket. Great ideas for canvas formats but also how change works within small and especially large companies.
Alex Shevchuk
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good set of change management practicies. Interesting story about how it went in Comission.
Vasco Duarte
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DISCLOSURE: I helped Jason shape this book by reviewing it and editing some parts before publication.

I have worked as an Agile Coach for several years. The key challenge for me in working with large or mid-sized organizations was: how do I manage the change, that I know needs to happen. How to start it? How to involve people? How to keep it going, despite the inevitable decrease in interest as the novelty wears out? and the key question: How to I deal with change resistance? or change fatigue?

Wh
Mark
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like Sebatian, I didn't find much new except some interesting variations in the business model canvas and a description of the Kinsey change model.

But that's the point. If you understand agile, you will find resistance to change and you can use that to design experiments with your resistors AND supporters. You can then use the results to find what works best for the organization overall and not just early adopters.

I really like this book and would recommend it to any who are are concerned about
Gediminas
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Poor expectation management strikes again
I heard good things about this book, so I picked it up and read it from a perspective of a Software Engineer interested in introducing technical and process improvements into my organization (introducing change bottom-up, from within the organization).
However, this was written mostly from higher level Agile-transformation consultancy perspective (introducing changes top-down by people external to the organization), making it just an educational read of li
Gerard Chiva
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Organizational change is not a linear process, so an experimental feedback-driven approach will work much better than predictive or plan-driven models.

This book is very practical, easy-read, combined with real stories, and what I liked most, the absence of dogmatism. A lean approach to change management: take what works and get rid of what doesn't.

I'm so happy I contributed to the crowd-funding campaign! The result couldn't have been better.

Must read for change agents, consultants, agile coaches
Srikanth Ramanujam
I just attended Jason's Lean change Toronto two-day course. His book is compilation of various change methods - Kotter, McKinsey, ADKAR tied together his Lean canvas approach. There are elements of the ideas which I found interesting to absorb and a few that I don't relate to and would ignore. It is another small increment in my change journey.

Srikanth Ramanujam
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Toni Delgado Jones
Wow! What a great book!! Of course I am partial, as it marries the two subjects that are near and dear to my heart...lean AND change management. I love the CI approach, simple one pager visual plans, and pointers on how to present what some people see as a "fluffy" stuff in business transformations. I will read and re-read this book over and over again. Thank you!
Ralph  van Roosmalen
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. It describes a very pragmatic approach for change management. Jason understands there is no silver bullet for change management and that you need to combine different strategies.
Seymour Hersh
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Jason's book on Lean Change. Clear concise writing, and engaged tempo, good examples and that sense that Jason and I are having a great conversation.

Well,worthwhile reading and following.

Seymour
Rodrigo Ramos
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: culture-changers
livro sensacional com conteúdo rico e vários exemplos que geram diversos insights.
Thomas
Nice ideas, a little low in presentation and examples.
Johan Oskarsson
Some new ideas for visulizing changes!
Łukasz Lichota
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simple presentation of interesting idea. To the point, not too long but with a number of reference for follow up. Good book because it respects your time :)
Nita
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Makes me excited

I love this stuff so I really enjoyed this. Great ideas and simple but cool tools that I can't wait to share/use!
Andy Cleff
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

So much valuable perspective. A clear framework for change, without pretense of prescription. Thank you, Jason for writing this book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Jason began his career as a web developer when Cold Fusion roamed the earth. Over the following years, he moved into management, Agile Coaching and consulting. The bumps and bruises collected along the way brought him to the realization that helping organizations adopt Agile practices was less about the practices, and all about change.

In 2008 he attended an experiential learning conference about h
“The Hack is the action you take to expose, jam, complicate, disrupt, or otherwise point out the crack to the organization.” 0 likes
“Top-down change without honest feedback from those affected by the change simply will not work.” 0 likes