Start by marking “Marked By the Wolf: Part 1” as Want to Read:
Marked By the Wolf: Part 1

Marked By the Wolf: Part 1

(Marked by the Wolf #1)

Danica “Danny” Lewis wanted something more in life. She wanted a boyfriend, riches, or at least to get out of her office job. She got all she bargained for, and a fur coat when she falls into the clutches of a pack of organized werewolves intent on making her into doggy biscuits. Her rescue comes in the form of a handsome and powerful werewolf named Mark who woos her in th ...more
Published November 23rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Marked By the Wolf, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Marked By the Wolf: Part 1
Salima Bensalah
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
MARKED BY THE WOLF is a very short freebie read, the first part in a series, about a young woman named Danny who has a very eventful night out. After being invited into an elite party, she decides to accept the invitation from a stranger and stumbles onto what soon becomes a literal bloodbath, as humans are slaughtered by werewolves for a sacrificial event. I know what you're thinking: well, that escalated quickly. What follows is a short story on the aftermath of the event, as she appears to su ...more
Coco.V
Dec 29, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/29/2017)! 💝
Alaina
"So it's either membership in a death cult or death? Being a werewolf is worse than being in a sorority."

Okay, so Marked By the Wolf is obviously a werewolf romance novella. It is from Danica (aka Danny) Lewis's point of view. At first I thought she was just stupid and her parents didn't teach her basic things people should know, like:

(view spoiler) ...more
Sónia Tigol
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like this book, it was different from the other shifters books I have read.
Rae Lake
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Robin is it summer yet
This was really just an introduction book. It wasn't written badly but it was also not written really well either. It was a pretty stupid premise of a book. I will not be worried about reading the rest of the installments.
Victoria Wallin
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A fast-paced, action packed novella, with some flaws, that I really enjoyed!

This is the first part of a novella trilogy, and it is free on Amazon, a clever marketing trick to draw readers in to the story. I particularly like the novella format, I usually stay away from looong novels with pages and pages of dreary, detailed descriptions of things. I also am quite fond of the new trend of novella serials, it's like reading a TV episode of a story. Offering the first part for free is a
Sonja Schultz
Sep 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh what can I say about this book........ Not much... Just really TERRIBLE! This Series was terrible but as for this book I hated the characters they where so stupid expecially "Danielle", just so naive and gullible and just plain stupid. "Yes, I'm about to head out with a creepy looking person from the bar I visit every night to watch drunk people!" how stupid can you be! - that right there would lay out how unattractive she is. TIP for the Author ( people don't find dumbass people attractive) ...more
Meiwilli
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I appreciated the pace of the story and the somewhat sinister plot. However, I didn’t like any of the poorly defined cardboard characters. Danica is a lazy narcissist who fancies herself a comedian.

Not too bad a start to a series but it needs a lot of work. I’m not sure I’ll continue it but leaning toward not. The story needs better character development and maybe a sub-plot, or two, to move the story along and hold one’s interest. I suspect maybe the story may get interesting the further you r
Claudia
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I really need to stop downloading free ebooks...
Mya
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 really
I love her mate and her at certain points
Emma Schouten
Nov 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sandra Lyamuya
Jan 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously! ?

The cover looked awesome and I ended up expecting more, how disappointing.
So here we have the main female character who knows its inappropriate to have an affair- no scratch that, to date your boss. But doesn't know the rule "don't hope in a stranger's car."

Let's not stop there, she goes to a party full of predators and monsters yet her gut must have been asleep or expired because none of her insticts told her to run until it was too late.

Finally she
Tiffany
I think my opinion will always be tainted by the fact that these books are just an excuse to get you to pay more for a book. It's a better deal to get 1 quality book for 7.99 then pay for 4 or 5, 70 page books at 2.99 each.

That being said, this one started out OK. The main characters name slight changes after the first time(assuming author error) and she is kind of an idiot. Who leaves a bar with a male stranger who gives you the creeps?
Vintagebooklvr
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
A short novella that hopes it catches you enough to buy the rest of the connected books. Some people hate that but others don't mind because it does give you an idea if you like the writer and where the story is going. Danny doesn't make the smartest decisions all the time but she is a scrappy person who isn't going to give up without a fight.

I might be tempted to read more of the story.
Victoria Maynard
Wwhhhaaaa????? O.o

I would have given it 5 stars except, it wasn't a book at all, only a few chapters. But then again, I suppose that is the purpose so the reader will WANT to "buy" the rest. Well, you've hooked me. So when do I get the rest Mr. Flynn??? Signed, Waiting.... Impatiently.
Jennifer Alvarez
An excellent opener!

Danielle stumbles upon some seriously messed up stuff while trying to enjoy her evening. Now she’s on the run from those creeps. Who can she trust? This starts fast and keeps on moving. Worth picking up the series!
Bunnycore
I can not stand when an author puts parts of a book up. It makes you have to buy them all to get the whole story.

I am not going to write much a review because really, I am not a fan of the story. I am not a fan of the parts. I am just down right not a fan of this series at all. It is a novella but it is done as parts. This was 38 pages of really just nonsense.
Monika
My first ever werewolf romance book ... And OMG it really scared me initially... really scared with what the party turned out to be ... but then I loved it ... Full series has to be drunk asap!!!;) Excellent!
Missy
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short stories

Mac writes amazing short stories. Not exactly HEA, endings but not total cliffhangers either.. Danica has met her match in an unlikely way. Guess you could say she went to the wrong party with the wrong guy,,, but it may turn out for the best.
Allan Ashinoff
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
A freebie download. Short. Its hard to really say much since it was so brief. The good, it was entertaining. The bad, talk about a lady making a severely bad choice. Compelling enough to move to book 2. Fun.
lesley dawn wallace
Marked by the wolf

Marked by the wolf is a good read a little different then most werewolf books I read but a good read
Jelayne Underwood
Short enough to read on my lunch hour.

Even though it is a to be continued book I enjoyed it a lot. The girl is not smart. But smart girls don't have wild adventures.
Kathryn
Middle ground

Not too boring, not super exciting and very, very short. There are a few new elements to the story which are nice.
Susan Saltos
Novella. Was introduction to story rather than a full story. Requires purchasing another book to find out what happens...
Booknerd_dragon (TANIA)
Billie Gress
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a fun read. Something for everyone.

I chose this one because it involves wolves. I love reading anything that deals with them. Paranormal books are the only thing I read.
Zed
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

It was an amazing book. It shows a very relatable reaction to wolves and that made it awesome as well. Can't wait to start the next book!!!
Renee
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to read all of the books!
kembly hubbard
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read, was over to soon. What Happened next?

Great read over to soon what happens with them? Where is the rest of their story, I'm looking forward to reading it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seduced by the Alpha Wolf (Book 1)
  • The Alpha's Mate
  • Animus (Sleeping Dragons, #1)
  • Dragon's Oath (House of Quercus #0.5)
  • Kadin (Dragons of Riddich, #1)
  • Curse of the Alpha: Episodes 1 & 2
  • The Baby Shift: North Dakota (Shifter Babies of America #1)
  • An Unexpected Diversion (Hidden Hills Shifters #1)
  • Captured by The Dragon (The Dragon Lords, #1)
  • Fever (Blood Moon Rising, #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
  • Stolen from My Mate (Jager Alpha #1)
  • The Alpha's Bed (Huntsville Pack)
  • Ride: Awakening (Puca Mates #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Thrill of the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #1)
  • Hearts Aflame Collection II: 4-Book Bundle
  • Pack Run (Highlander Wolf, #1)
A seductress of sensual words and a lover of paranormal plots, Mac enjoys writing thrilling paranormal stories filled with naughty fun and hilarious hijinks. She is the author of numerous paranormal series that weave suspense, adventure and a good joke into a one-of-a-kind experience that readers are guaranteed to enjoy. From long adventure novels to tasty little short-story treats, there’s a size ...more

Marked by the Wolf (3 books)
  • Marked By the Wolf: Part 2