Start by marking “November Keys” as Want to Read:
November Keys

November Keys

November Keys Inhabitant
"If we had known, we would not have sold the club. I admit we succumbed to greed but we did not realise we were putting our heritage at such risk. They did take the team to great heights but the consequences were disastrous."

American Gangster
"They asked for what they got. Did they seriously think that we were interested in some run down hick foot
Published September 10th 2014 by New Generation Publishing

To ask other readers questions about November Keys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about November Keys

Dianne
Is it a comedy, a thriller, a tale of gangsters moving in on an innocent town, or is there a touch of magic in the air around November Keys that makes it an extremely unique type of read? Seems that authors Brian and Michael Turner had a good time writing this imaginative and chaotic tale! A small and old-fashioned English town is made an offer they cannot refuse by a powerful and shady “businessman” wanting to purchase their unknown football(soccer) club, rundown, makeshift arena and the lands ...more
Deborah
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A great idea for a story but sadly very poorly edited.
I gave up three quarters of the way through after reading of a cat 'lying ridged covered in leaves' but the use of the word 'contently' instead of contentedly really grated on my nerves.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary review.
Rosie Amber
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
November Keys is described by the authors as a comedy/thriller mingled with fantasy. The storyline is around a football club called November Keys from an English village of the same name. Mixed with this are American gangsters, a myth around ancient creatures who live in the village oak tree, plus a secret recipe for a honey drink magical with beneficiary powers.

It's a lot to get the readers head around. The village football club, originally housed in a Victorian built structure now plays in a W
Mike Siedschlag
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Authors Brian and Michael Turner gave me an e-version of November Keys in exchange for a review (honest of course).

I liked this book, it didn't blow me away, but it was a pretty good read over all. First of all, and most important, the story was good, most characters were well developed, and interesting. There were fantasy beings that I had never heard of, always a good thing, and some very sneaky bad guys. Many of the characters were quirky and quite funny.

The story is set in England. Surprise
Trevor
What to say about this book other than it was over long, verbose, a silly storyline and not very well written. A very disappointing read, whenever one or two words could have been used you can be sure eight, nine or even ten were. This really needed a good editor to pull it into shape as it could have been an enjoyable read, unfortunately it was not.

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Erik Nelson
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
I love the following films; “Goodfellas”, “The Village” and “The Witches Of Eastwick”. Now is there a way to combine the stories of these films together and create one whole story? I’m sure many people would say no but if you were to include two writers to the project, possibly a father and son team, I’d say it could work. As a matter of fact, this father and son team; Michael and Brian Turner did just that by presenting “November Keys”. I don’t know if any of the films I listed were inspiration ...more
ashley  lloyd spanton
Originally posted on citygirlscapes.com.

When father and son authors Brian and Michael Turner contacted me about their new book November Keys, what caught my attention was the mashup description of comedy-thriller-fantasy. These are a few of my favourite things and so rarely do you get them all wrapped up in one novel. I definitely wanted to see how this all came together.

I was taking a risk, though. Football (or soccer, as I would call it) is a heavy component in this story and I am not really a
Ashley Tomlinson
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all I think it's so cool that a father and son wrote this together. It's cool that they are close enough to write together because I don't know anyone I would be able to write with. So Kudos to this father and son writing duo for a job well done.

I have never read a book quite like this one before, it had so much in it that I've never really thought about reading. Like gangsters; I enjoy Bonnie and Clyde things but I've never considered sitting down and reading a book dealing with gangst
Nick Rossi
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
"The November Keys" does not fit into a certain type of genre. Instead, it borrows on key elements of the supernatural, comedic, and downright fantastical.

Uniquely told by real life father and son authors, "The November Keys" is an equally unique read. Eschewing any treading on formulas of books past, it instead focuses on telling a fun and thrilling tale. Football plays a large role in the novel, but it's not a book only sports lovers will enjoy. Rather, the authors take the passions and dedica
Lorraine
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, 3-star
Humour, magic, witchcraft, evil, crime, football, greed and a legendary tree mix well together in this book by Father and Son team, Michael and Brian Turner.
There's a lot going on in this story (maybe a bit too much), with jumps back and forth in time and a lot of characters to get know.
The duo have done a good job of creating an entertaining read, but be prepared to leave your disbelief behind when you open the book.

I was sent an ecopy of November Keys by the authors for an honest review.

Ron
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, fantasy, magic
November Keys is a quaint little English village that hit the news when 10 years ago an American gangster invested millions in a new stadium and money for upgrading the local football team. Only John Goldsmith, a restaurant chain owner from the village, knew that this was a long running plot to destroy the village and enslave the world. The reader is entertained by odd village customs, weirdly acting gangsters, addictive food, and strange happenings all leading up to the major boss fight foresha ...more
Vanessa
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A novel that mixes genres and ideas pretty handily; the plotting is self-assured but the writing, for me, was a bit stiff. A few more passes by an editor with an unforgiving eye for structural repetition and pacing would add 2 more stars for me as I think the bones of this story are strong. Fun for a the soccer fan and fantasy hound alike.

I received an ecopy from the publishers and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Neil
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.
I have to say I just did not get on with this.
There was just to much going on and I did not think the genre's mixed well at all.
Destiny Brown
Michael Clyma
Mar 22, 2015
Brenda
Mar 22, 2015
Goodreads Authors...: Comedy For Review - November Keys 1 8 Apr 13, 2016 10:59AM
Support for Indie...: Debut Novel Marketing 19 60 Feb 02, 2015 08:32AM

Hi, thanks for visiting, we hope you enjoy our story.

We are a father and son team. Perhaps a little unusual in the publishing world, however we would like to think our relationship has improved and not impeded our debut novel.

Outside of writing we do share similar interests, both being passionate football fans.

Both have many interests, which include films and cinema, charity work, poetry, music an