Start by marking “The Astronomer” as Want to Read:
The Astronomer

The Astronomer

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Loving someone madly, obsessively, to the point of addiction can be heaven … or hell.

The year is 2165. A new blood group has evolved, and biological pairing, called mating, has replaced the old-world marriage ritual. When a stranger saves astronomer Dr. Fraya Riber from drowning, her body goes into a strange state of arousal. Bound to be paired with another, Fraya frantica
Published December 4th 2014 by Mélange Books (first published December 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Astronomer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astronomer

Nicole
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

^^5^^ Addictive stars

I really enjoyed this story, the author has proved us once again her writing skills
and delivered a unique delightful story!!
Year 2165...Everything you know about pairing meeting someone, marrying him/her forget it because now there is Mating and...lasts for a lifetime. That's what is happening to the astronomer Dr.Fraya (IT'S TIME FOR MATING), but how will she react when her fate sends her an unwelcome mate?? And what about a cure..can they found one???

The characters

Lynn Worton
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Dr. Fraya Riber is a fascinating character. I liked her a lot, but she has a tendency to overreact and whine at times. She is a dedicated astronomer and is very much a workaholic. After being saved by a stranger, she finds herself attracted to her rescuer. Unfortunately, there is a side affect from this experience she didn't foresee.

Emilio Larraín is also a fascinating character. I wasn’t sure if I liked
Lauren
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a story set in the future based on a woman's dreams of discovering lost cities. When Fraya is looking for these cities she meets her mate Emilio, but it's not as easy as it sounds!!. There are quite a few twists and turns in this story, it pulls you in at the very beginning and you don't want it to end. This book is action packed with a big touch of romance and a hint of erotica. I love the relationship between Fraya and Emilio and hope we get to see more about them in the future. Overal ...more
Shelly
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was different from any book I've read in a while but in a good way. It's uniqueness keeps you hooked from the beginning. I laughed, cried and wanted to kill people.... This book brings new meaning to love at first sight along with what you will do in the name of love. I was sad when the book ended.
Sandra Leblanc
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love these kinds of books that happens so far into the future and to think love still conquer all. This is is very well written, the characters jump out of the page.excellent read promise
Buffyanna
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was cleverly creative, scorchingly hot, and riveting to read! I just couldn’t put it down!

The futuristic world of Earth in 2165 is a mix of advancement and constraint. Marriages are now called “matings” and you only get to do it once. Not all matings are created equal, as some couples are more genetically (and sexually) compatible than others, to the point of physical addiction.

In this backdrop, Fraya Riber, a young precocious archeoastronomer, meets an alluring stranger just days from her
Alisha
Nov 13, 2017
dawn campbell
Dec 03, 2017
Charmaine Pauls
Dec 04, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Emmanuelle Aoué
Jun 20, 2018
Ana c
is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2017
Charmaine Pauls was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She obtained a degree in Communication at the University of Potchestroom, and followed a diverse career path in journalism, public relations, advertising, communications, photography, graphic design, and brand marketing. Her writing has always been an integral part of her professions.

After relocating to Chile with her French husband, she ful