Start by marking “The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion” as Want to Read:
The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion

The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion

(Passion-Filled Fairy Tales #1)

In this grown-up version of the famous fairy tale, Princess Adara is running from her old life and a forced betrothal. Adara wants love and passion, but knows she can't get them back home. When a raging storm halts her escape, Adara seeks refuge in the first dwelling she sees.

Prince Richard is tired of the trite, vain, frigid princesses his mother introduces him to in hope
Published November 2nd 2014 by InBloom Press

To ask other readers questions about The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion

Start your review of The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion
Aou
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin-h
Too sweet...
Shasha
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quickie-hea
This novella was thought out well and had humor that I enjoyed. And a HEA!
Passion? What passion! The erotic bent fell flat for me, it sounded very clinical and unrealistic (for a virgin). Maybe none of the high ratings have read May Sage or other erotic fairy tales.

Do I want to read it again? Meh.

Adult content
Kali Cross
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers
*ARC furnished for a complete and honest review*

The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion is the standard fairy tale with a sensual flare. A woman claiming to be a princess arrives at the kitchen door with her servant, soaked and in need of shelter. The prince happens upon the encounter and demands his servant let her in. She and her maiden are offered dry clothes and rooms for the night. Once alone, the princess reveals she’s on the run from her father’s men because he has betrothed her to
Nikki
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it

I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

So here it is.
I enjoyed reading this short story as it was a nice modern telling of the princess and the pea of the old world, I'm not sure whether I would call this erotica or not though due to it actually not being solely based on the sex. Don't get me wrong it did have a hot, steamy, lust filled scene between the two characters but the author didn't mainly focus on that for which I was quite grateful for, some erotica
Emma Jaye
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

The first sentence, 'Prince Richard was feeling randy,' gives somewhat of a false impression of this book, and it is a book, with a start, middle and end rather than a piece of short erotica. Erotica, and the author has categorised it as such, is a story wrapped around sex, without the sex, there would be no book. This certainly isn't the case here, even if the book had 'fade to black' sex scenes, it would still be an entertaining read. It had humour, setting and multidimensional characters.
Rich
Sylvia
Amira Adara Tafweek, daughter of King Salim Tafweek and her maid, Nassi are seeking refuge from the storm when their carriage broke down. Amira is trying to escape from betrothal set by her father to a man who has many other wives. She wants more than a loveless marriage. Just one man, one love for her. With pending capture, she throws her worries to the wind and spending a wonderful sexual night with Prince Richard. It was a very enjoyable and steamy short story. Glad for a lunch hour snack. I ...more
Marie
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot!

A short but sexy story that will leave you hot. A night of unbridled passion with a happy ending. What's not to like?
carol
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Not recommended for discerning readers
Begins with one Prince Richard, whom I dislike intensely; the royal who has no respect for women as he goes in search of an easy lay from the servant classes to satisfy his sex urges. By the end we are led to believe the leopard changed his spots and has fallen for someone just met and seduced, one Amira/Princess Adara.
Adara, who escaped from a closed life in an eastern harem to this fairy tale land, seeks refuge in the royal castle and falls into Richard’s hands from his eavesdropping and stra
Goss
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Linda
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I have to admit I was just after a little guilty pleasure when I finished my last book. My brain needed a reset. So I chose this little fairy tale. I was absolutely delighted and impressed with the quality of this story. I was just expecting a spicy little fairy tale without much substance. That is not what I got.

Amira Adara Tafweek, daughter of the amir of Bastalia and her servant, Nasiha, are on the run and seeking shelter from the freezing rain one night. They are dressed as peasants when the
Carly
I received this book free from the author in exchange for a honest review.

I enjoyed this book. It was short retelling of The Princess and the Pea. Sometimes with short stories/novellas the story can somewhat lacking. I often find that the story would have been better if it was longer or a full length novel. This was not the case for this story. The story and characters were well developed. I also find that sometimes short erotica stories are all sex, sex, and more sex and no story. Now sometimes
Birgit
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An old classic? No, it's a really great adult version.
This short story is well written, sensual, humorous and
the characters were well developed.

'Prince Richard was feeling randy' a really great opening.
The breakfast scene with the Queen is hilarious.

Is it an erotic story? In my humble opinion not really, it's
more like a romance with a HEA. Honestly the sex is a little
too vanilla and a bit to unrealistic ( no pain for a virgin's
first time?)
Beside that, I enjoyed reading the book and wish Rosetta
Jill-Joy
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

Here's my short review. I liked the book as it brought me back to the old story I've read when I was younger... But of course it is not the same.

I would not categorize it as an erotica because it is not. yes you have some of the sex described, but not into many details.

Anyway the storyline did not change much, even though it is about sex, lust, love and passion.

The princess being locked up, the prince sneaking in... And all the time t
H.A. Larson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read, and an interesting take on an old classic! The characters were well-thought out, and I found myself liking Prince Richard and Amira Adara. Besides being the perfect sexy book to snuggle up to on a chilly night, I also enjoyed how well it was written. It was clear that the author put some research into her book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a well-written, at times humorous, and sensual book.
Betsy
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I understand that it's based on Grimm's story, of which I never heard of before. But this story has potential for a long novel. It's actually short and to the point. I wish I could read more about their romance. I wished that there would be a bit more details since the descriptions are pretty light and quick. There are some moment that I would like for it to be elaborate to actually give readers more pleasure from it. A great adult short story! ...more
Hayley
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice, quite, sensual read. Probably bordering on romance more than erotica, but that made it more engaging. The sex-scenes were well-written, as was most of the discussions between the two characters. I like that the conversations stuck in the traditional period setting, although at times it seemed to slip into something a bit too contemporary. The scene the next morning with the mother was hilarious - great twist! All in all a good read.
Mary Theresa
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was surprised from the very beginning that the story was well thought out. the fairy tale was there for sure but as a guide to a quick short love story that included a damsel in distress, a nasty mean queen and a handsome horny prince, who falls in love and saves that day. A perfect happy ending for all including the reader.
Lovebunny
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love reading books on fairy tales retold, but some are better the others. This book didn't disappoint in any way. The story and characters were great and it sucked me into it. I loved how the author was able to create a full feeling story out of a novella, in no way did it feel like this was just a erotic scene book with no story. I look forward to reading the rest of this series. ...more
Nicole
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-ok
I reveived this book in return for my review. I only kinda liked this book.... Short book. Kinda forced I felt. No time for character development or scene development... Just kinda thrown right into the middle of this story. Not sure I hated it, for as long as it was it was written well and kept you going.
Dana
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

The book is quickly erotic. If you want a quick erotic fix this is it. I personally like a little bit more story line. This is hello princess hello prince lets bed. Then they are madly in love. There was nothing there but sex, really good sex if I may say so my self. Think adult disney movie lol which I do believe is the angle.
Kristy Turner
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book to give an honest review! steamy take on a classic fairytale! Well written and in-depth scenes. This book may be short but the author did a very good job at telling the story! I enjoy twist to the story we all know and loved as a child now remade for an adult!
Sharon
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mar-2015
I received this book in exchange for a review.

This is a retelling of the princess and the pea story. It's been updated with a sensual overtone. It was a short easy read. The author did a good job on updating the story. Overall, I enjoyed reading the book.
Cassie Hess-dean
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute short story. The fairy tale was the guide, but it had it's own story as well. There was some sex and the potential for a life long romance between the prince and princess. ...more
Nikki
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fabulously sexy twist on the classic fairy tale, The Princess and the Pea! I look forward to reading more from this author! Well done!!
Rachel
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This new slant on the classic fairy tale of the Princess and the Pea is fun and passionate, but is much more adult than perhaps Hans Christian Andersen intended.

Princess Adara is on the run from an arranged marriage in her own country. She and her maid seek shelter from a terrible storm, and their shelter happens to be the home of Prince Richard and his parents, the king and queen. Richard takes one look at Adara and is smitten. What follows is several hot sexy episodes and a happy ending.

This
Title: The Princess, The Pea & The Night of Passion
Author: Rosetta Bloom
Genre: Erotic Fiction/Retelling
Rating: ****
Review: The opening to The Princess, The Pea & The Night of Passion was great we meet Prince Richard who is seeking out Lionel`s daughter so he can cure his randiness he is stuck in the castle due to a storm when Adara Tafweek; a princess from another kingdom arrives to seek shelter from the downpour. We learn that Adara has fled from her home after being arranged to marr
Thom Swennes
Like thousands of other children, I cut my literary teeth on fables and fairy tales. I read those ageless stories with veiled eyes of innocence. Now I am old and my eyes have seen countless wonders and horrors. Nevertheless, those stories like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and that long-haired vixen, Rapunzel. Imagine for a moment that these great tales of the past like so many things in life, flow with the times and transform with the times, and moral and social norms of today.
Amiria (princess)
Summer
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I want to say that I love fairy tales with a twist, which is why this book intrigued me. I really enjoyed this version of The Princess and the Pea and think the author did well with keeping to the story, as well as, mixing her own uniqueness into it. I love brave female characters that know what they want and take it. I do think it did end kind of abruptly but overall I was not disappointed. I am looking forward to reading the other fairy tales from Rosetta Bloom.
Goth Gone Grey
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fairy-tales, erotica
The Princess and the pe...

*ahem*

A brief, to the point retelling of the old fairy tale with a saucier aspect to it. The Princess needs rescued from her family, the Prince is more than happy to oblige after testing her sensitivity to the hard object in her custom made bed.

A sassy short story, it's ripe with insta-love, but that's the way of fairy tales. I'd call it cute, but the subject matter is a bit too R rated for that.
Miyanomori
The saving grace of this book for me was that the heroine shut the hero down when he tries to pull the "YOURE NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS" trope and her pointing out the difference to said girls upbringings to hers. Wish there were more series that point that out instead of having heroines throw shade over other girls tbh. ...more

• Goldie - Claiming Goldilocks: Tales from the Three Bears
  • Stuck Together (Love Under Lockdown #4)
  • Under Lock and Key
  • Eight Brothers' Fiancée (Love by Numbers, #7)
  • Under Strict Orders
  • Beauty and the Beast (Adult Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Filthy Fairy Tales
  • Rock Hard: Fun Romance
  • I Don't Want to Eat Bugs (Lisbon's Misadventures Book 1)
  • The Woman Who Lost Her Face: How Charla Nash Survived the World's Most Infamous Chimpanzee Attack
  • Tam Lin (Adult Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Little Red Riding Hood (Adult Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Snow and the Seven Men
  • The Wyoming Bride / The Major's Bride / Letters from Heaven / Complicated
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • Does Prayer Change Things? (Crucial Questions, #3)
  • What if...
  • The Forever Crew (Adamson All-Boys Academy, #3)
Rosetta Bloom loves a good love story. She also likes a steamy tale with two characters who find solace in each other’s arms. So, she writes romance and erotic romances, and all of them end happily, because Rosetta hates sad endings. If you want a story that has a few surprises, and lots of heart, then she’s writing the story for you.

Rosetta Bloom’s primary novels and novellas are sexy retellings

Passion-Filled Fairy Tales (5 books)
  • Beauty and Her Beastly Love (Passion-Filled Fairy Tales #2)
  • Cinders and Ash: A Cinderella Story
  • Dream Trysts: A Sleeping Beauty Story (Passion-Filled Fairy Tales #4)
  • Finding Bliss: A Dream Trysts Story (Passion-Filled Fairy Tales Book 5)

News & Interviews

“Adara pulled Nassi into a hug. “It’s going to be alright,” she said, patting Nassi on the back.” 0 likes
“She’d registered that he was handsome when she’d seen him for the first time, and she’d registered his kindness. But, she’d failed, somehow, to register just how much he oozed sexiness. Earlier, she hadn’t noticed how his blue eyes twinkled in low light.” 0 likes