Start by marking “Iron William and the Lost Prophecy” as Want to Read:
Iron William and the Lost Prophecy

Iron William and the Lost Prophecy

(The Trials of Iron William Kidd #1)

When the renowned seer Nostredame prophesies a new emperor will rise to conquer Europe, the rulers of every nation grow nervous. King Henry VIII of England dispatches his two most trusted secret servants to recover the prophecy from French hands, hoping to unlock its secrets.

As Iron William Kidd and his partner, Tom Flint, hunt for the prophecy, they discover the French a
Kindle Edition
Published December 20th 2014 by Page Up Publishing (first published December 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Iron William and the Lost Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron William and the Lost Prophecy

Raymond St.
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iron William
(The Trials of Iron William Kidd #1)

This is long short story, no short novel. It is an action caper showing the quick moves of two practiced spy-assassins. Their target: Nostradamus's most crucial, world-shaking prophecy, locked in a vault in the dungeon of a fortress. No ordinary vault: Da Vinci himself designed the traps. Excellent premise for adventure.

The narrative is competent and quick as Kidd and Flint's partner-patter and knife-work. The historicity is solid without becomi
Patricia Hamill
A prophesy, an infiltration into a trapped vault, and some banter. A bit of tragedy, too. It's bloody in places.

Hey, it's not bad, but nowhere near as awesome as Book 2 in the series, which I read a few years ago. This is a very short story that just sets the stage for the second book, more like a tickler or a bonus book.

I still very much recommend Iron William and the Carpenter's Tears, though. That's a solid story.

I purchased this book on Amazon.
Michael Andrews
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whenever I read what I consider to be an "action" book, I always try to imagine what it would be like as either a film or a short tv programme. Does the plot and characters hold my interest throughout, or would i turn off at the first advert break?

Iron William is one of those books which, now I have seen that it is one in a series, I would put on series link.

The plot itself is simple. Nostrodame has a vision which he writes down. Some powerful people find out and before we know what's happening,
James Field
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Iron William Kidd is a sixteenth century secret agent. Under commission from King Henry VIII, Kidd and his accomplice, Tom Flint, have to penetrate France's most secure fortress to steal a secret document. A document written by none other than Nostradamus, whose unusually clear prediction is of world shattering importance to kings and bishops alike.

This short story is a prequel to the excellent 'Carpenter's Tears', but is a great little story all by itself.

In this fast-paced thriller, Michael Ga
Bruce
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for my honest review.

This is a fast action prequel to another longer book (Iron William and the Carpenter's Tears). If you are new to this adventure I suggest you start with this one first, as it provides some background for adventures that follow. It's written in what strikes me in the style of the Indiana Jones movie adventures. There's not a lot of character development, there is some dialogue, and there is a lot of action, which propels this story forward.
For
Lynne
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a short story (30 some odd pages). Think Indiana Jones but 16th Century. I really enjoyed the story. There was lots of action and Will is very smart and crafty. Great little read.
Allen
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Michael Gardner’s “Iron William” is a fun, swashbuckling romp.

Occasionally I step out of my usual genres to see what else is out there. More often than not, I won’t finish the book. This one was an exception. Though short, it was an enjoyable and very fresh story which I read while on a plane. It seems a cross between the Indian Jones and the Three Musketeers movies.

Other reviewers have largely summarized the story, so I won’t do that again, and I won’t share any spoilers other than to say that
James Womack
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is set in the 1500's and jumps out at you in the first few sentences. It then sort of settles down into getting the story told and providing details I found picturesque. The actual prophesy creates tension from the get go. Having to retrieve a copy of it from a well-protected lair creates anticipation for intrigue and action. I found myself resenting the fact my wife and her gal pals dragged me away from the book for out of the house time. But around 4:40AM today I was up and back read ...more
Chotley
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a short tale that provides background and introduction to the characters who star in the novel Iron William and the Carpenter's Tears. Author Gardner does an excellent job building this historic setting. I felt like I was there with the characters, but he never lets his descriptions impede the forward motion of the story.

The two spies are well differentiated from one another, so it's easy to keep them separated. We don't learn that much about them in this introductory story, but they're
Michael Hebler
This short historical adventure, about two Englishmen who attempt to steal a Nostredame prophecy from the French, was a page turner from the start. Well-paced and mysterious, Gardner tells a biting story about a 16th century secret agent, Iron William, who must traverse past three perils to claim his prize.

I give this story 4.5 stars, chipped down from 5 because of the three "traps." The increasing build up of these traps indicated that there would be more of a climax when reached. The traps wer
Larissa G
Feb 17, 2015
sarah lewis
Feb 29, 2016
Michael Gardner
Feb 15, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Marc Secchia
Mar 21, 2015
Gerard Bianco
is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2015
Join me at Patreon for exclusive content and benefits.

Find all my titles at my Amazon author page.

The marketing experts say authors need a compelling biography. They say we should answer the following four questions, because this is the information you, the reader, really want to know.

1. Why do I write? I write because I have an obsession with writing which borders on a mental disorder. I’ve often

The Trials of Iron William Kidd (2 books)
  • Iron William and the Carpenter's Tears