Start by marking “Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart #1)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart #1)

Crimson Sin

(Rebel Heart #1)

An angel girl with a destiny.

Spike.
The feisty Crimson Sin guitarist with commitment issues, a werewolf best friend and a penchant for partying. She's a nephilim, half human and half angel. Like all undecided nephilim, she has to choose: serve the light or the dark.

Rowen.
The intriguing bass player who catches Spike's eye even though he's her competition in the annual Battle
Published February 13th 2015 by Dark Mountain Books

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Sin

Jeanny
May 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 20% 1 I couldn't be bothered star
I found the character's speech/slang (Ex: rock n' roll'ish) overly juvenile & the detailed descriptions (ex: clothing) tiresome. This feels like YA & fans of YA may enjoy this series. If YA isn't your prefered genre but want a light-ish fun read, I'd recommend this author's Alexa O'Brien, Huntress series.
Katerina
I like Trina M. Lee. Although her books are a bit young adult for me, and not at all erotica as I've seen it classified by people, I enjoy every page of it. Her world-building and strong characters keep me turning the pages. I grinned like an idiot when Falon from the Alexa O'Brien series appeared, and I appreciated the amount of new characters in this spin-off.
Yes I will read the author again!
Yes I will read the next book!
Michele Evans
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

As I have gobbled up and loved every book Trina Lee has released, this one is no exception! In this series, we get to follow the all girl rock band Crimson Sin from the Alexa O’Brien series. Their guitarist, Ember Evans, nicknamed Spike, is a nephilim, born to an angel father and a human mother. All nephilim have to choose between light and dark and until that choice is made, both sides try to sway them to their side. When a nephilim is undecided, as commitment phobe Spike is, it can
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
It's my first book from this author and I really enjoyed this first book to this series.

Spike was an undecided nephilim, who must choose whether she wants to serve the dark or light side but struggles with her decision. I also liked Spikes band crew, Jett, who's a werewolf and has a spit fire attitude and her human friends too but really like Cinder, an angel that watches and tries to help Spike with protecting herself without pushing her to make a decision while Koda the dark angel, tries to p
Zarah
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reads like you're inside the author's own daydream, and is definitely not suitable for people who dislike comstant use of swearing, alcohol, drugs and casual sex. Started out rather shaky, relies heavily on physical descriptions (including clothes and make-up, in details that far exceeded my interest) and I almost gave up on it, but it actually got better towards the end. Or maybe I just got used to all the references to pretty and rock n' roll'ish people being pretty and rock n' roll'ish... I w ...more
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have not previously read any books by Trina Lee. Several reviewers have mentioned that some of the characters in this book were in prior books by Lee. While there were some mentions of prior events which I am guessing occurred in prior books, I had no difficulty in following the characters or the story without having read any of the other books. This is a stand alone book and a complete story [no cliffhangers] but it does all
Michelle VanDaley
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: 4 stars Performance: 5 stars Story: 4 stars
My review was based on the audiobook.
I love reading about Nephilim and this was a new and interesting take on them. The world building was great but I felt that character development and back story were lacking. We are told repetitively that Spike is hesitant to choose a side but never really why except she's a commitment phobe. Overall I did enjoy the story and the narrator was on point in bringing the story and characters to life with fantas
Sabrina Fish
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read!

I really enjoyed my first glimpse at Spike’s world. I’m a huge Halestorm fan, so I was excited to read a fantasy story about a female rock band!! I was also happy that this book is a complete story with a satisfying ending, despite being Book 1 in a series. I ended the story satisfied, but intrigued about the next adventure.
Janie Reyes
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So great ! All of of these. Oops from this aut are really good.
Patricia Burleson
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

This is a very good book. Full of action, friendships, mystery, demons and angels. Strong story line and great characters. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Christine Hayes
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable read
Dawn
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This is set in the Alexa O'Brien world but cash be read independent of the series. The book is fast passed, well written, and full of drama. J could not put it down.
AJ
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grabs from the start.

Really well written. The characters and storyline strong and well liked. Had already met some of them through the Alexander O'Brien series, which was cool.
Diana
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept was interesting. Niphillum must make a chose between dark or light, The story took a little too long to get to the juicy parts. Overall a good story.
Janee
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liked

It's a long while since I read one of Trina's books. I liked it. Fascinating story of angels and demons
Michael
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quickie

This book is a young adult story with characters to match There is some drug use and violence which makes the story more realistic
Victoria
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Kellie Ann
Amazing & Entertaining Read

Patricia
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crimson Sin is the first book in the new series, Rebel Heart, by Trina M. Lee. The author introduces us to Spike, the guitar player of Crimson Sin and undecided nephilim; who must choose if she is going to serve the dark or the light. She is surrounded by her band mates; one who is a wolf, her name is Jett, and the other two who are human. There is also Cinder, an angel that watches over her. Rowen is the bass player of a rival band, who also happens to be a nephilim, but he is does not know thi ...more
Kellie Ann
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many of Trina’s books, my favorites including the Alexa O’Brien Huntress Series, and I was interested to see if the Rebel Heart Series could hold a candle to her other works. I was not disappointed in the least. “Crimson Sin” is a wonderful and entertaining book with not only romance, but with humor and thrill. With lovable (and not so lovable) characters, and the intense situations that they go through, this book not only kept me on the edge of my seat, but it also kept me wanting m ...more
Treena Beavers
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FAB!!

Crimson Sin is a paranormal delight

I'm a huge fan of the Alexa series,So I was looking forward to reading this one.

Trina's books always manage to pull me into the story.I could imagine myself in the crowd watching the battle of the bands.Packed full of Great characters,I think I'd feel quite at home amongst the Werewolves, Vampires and Nephilim.

The attraction between the two rival band members,Spike and Rowen is adorable and there's some brilliant twists with Arrow,I hadn't expected.

I've
Manda
I am not going to rate this one, due to at this stage it is a dnf. I just couldn't get into the band scene this story follows, I really did try. In saying this, the writing is up to the normal standard of Trina M. Lee. If you are a fan of her work, do give it a go. As I say more about my personal tastes for this one. I hope to go back to it later and maybe enjoy it second time around.
Tracy Carroll
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Love this book. Definitely a good take on angels, demons, and their offspring. I also love that Ms. Lee set this book into a world we are very familiar with and get to see characters cross over both series. I'd definitely recommend this series to anyone that loves urban fantasy and especially those who love books about angels, demons, and their offspring.
Gail
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book

I love the way the author wrote two different series but they are also intertwined. Good concept. The characters are gritty but fighting on the side of good. Very interesting.
Heidi
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I'm addicted to Trina' s books!
Blagica
loved it. not much like the alexa books but I enjoyed it.
Cyn
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love loved it!!! I hate that I read it so quick. It is a must read but if you haven't read the Alexa O'Brien series then you will be missing out on who some mentioned characters are in book.
Carrie
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good start to new series

Love this Author and book did not disappoint. New series. Loved it. If you like J.r ward's fallen Angel series this would be good to you.
gordon k class
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rock and Roll

What a great story! It was a little slow and confusing at first but once you get used to the author's style of writing it grabs you thru the end!
Bea
Aug 24, 2017
  • Forbidden Drink (Kindred, #3)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)
  • Walking Wolf Road (The Wolf Road Chronicles, #1)
  • Wrath (Soul Savers, #5)
  • Jewel of Darkness (Gypsy Healer #3)
  • Forged by Greed (Forged, #1)
  • There's No Crying in Rock-N-Roll (The Guitar Face Series Book 2)
  • Beautiful Crazy (Rock 'n' Ink, #1)
  • Mercy for the Wicked  (The Fallen, #2)
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • The Fallen: Part One (The Watcher, #4)
  • Whisper Cape (Whisper Cape, #1)
  • Possessed (The Thorne Trilogy, #2)
  • Siren Song
  • Marked By Hell (The Mary Wiles Chronicles, #1)
I am the author of the Alexa O’Brien Huntress and the Rebel Heart series. I write urban fantasy that is dark and gritty with a twist of romance and horror but which is ultimately about people in dark places discovering who they are and what they’re made of.

I’ve been writing since the age of 9 when I had a Christmas themed short story published in the local town paper. A lover of rock music, vampir

Rebel Heart (4 books)
  • The Spirit Room (Rebel Heart #2)
  • Strange Fire (Rebel Heart Book 3)
  • How To Be Deadly (Rebel Heart Book 4)