Start by marking “Fearless (Avena, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fearless (Avena, #3)

Fearless

(Avena #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  249 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Ebony and Nathaneal were in love before they were even born.… Torn apart and kept in different worlds, will they finally reunite in this exquisite conclusion to Hidden and Broken?

Ebony was kept hidden on Earth for sixteen years, unaware that she was an angel. Unaware that her true soulmate, Nathaneal, was searching for her. Now ready to claim her rightful place with him,
Published July 1st 2015 by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc

To ask other readers questions about Fearless, please sign up.
Marianne Curley Hi Therese, Fearless is due out on in July, 2015.

Thanks for asking.
Patrick According to Amazon, it is available in the US for Kindle as of July 2nd and will be available in paperback on November 3rd.

really liked it 4.00  ·

Marianne Curley
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi everyone, I'm the author of The Avena Series - Hidden, Broken and Fearless, and I hope you don't mind that I've given Fearless a five-star rating. I am very proud of Fearless and I believe of the seven books I have written, it is my best book so far. I hope that once you have a chance to read it too, you will feel the same.

I also love the cover art and I thank the Bloomsbury Publishing design team for that. Saving the colourful version of Ebony for the finale was a great idea. Here is Ebony
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

Before I start, I have to apologise to Bloomsbury Australia who kindly sent me a review copy of this book. I cleaned my house and promptly lost the book for about six months, so when I found it again I decided to review Book 1 Hidden and Book 2 Broken as well.

SUMMARY

Now that Ebony is the evil Prince Luca’s prisoner, Nathaniel and the other angels must do everything they can before Luca consummates the marriage and his plan for world domin
Kate
Ebony and Nathaneal have overcome so much to be together but their happily ever after will have to wait. The Dark Prince and ruler of Skade has taken Ebony and imprisoned her in his realm. With all entries and exits to Skade sealed for a century, it seems Ebony and Thane's love story is at an end. Not willing to lose her after just finding her again, Thane is willing to do whatever it takes to have Ebony in his arms again. And Ebony isn't going to be an angelic damsel in distress - she will take ...more
Abbie
Jul 16, 2017 added it
She needs to bring out another book.
Faith
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
purple3

This one was definitely better than the second book but the exciting stuff only begun 3/4 into the novel.

Throughout the majority of the novel, Ebony is captured by Prince Luca in Skade. And honestly, she was pretty comfy for a prisoner.

She talks a lot about hating Luca and wanting escape and return into Nathaneal's arms. But she does little to achieve it. Yes, there were reasons for that but in my eyes, there were many opportunities for her to find ways to escape and plan some sort of bad-ass
Shaheen
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fearless, the last instalment in the Avena series, concludes Ebony and Nathaneal's story admirably, and I enjoyed every moment of it immensely. I've loved this series since I read Hidden, and am sad to let these characters and their world go.

Ebony is abducted by Prince Luca, trapped on the wrong side of the impregnable gates that no one, not even the Dark Prince, can open for a hundred years. She shines, using every bit of strength she can muster up to survive the emotional and psychological tor
L.L. Hunter
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fearless was the perfect ending to an amazing series. Everything was tied up in a nice little bow and I was glad Ebony got a happy ending - with her horse! That part made me cry! I recommend the Avena series to everyone.
Therese Mallia
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Hidden and Broken but Marianne Curley saved the best book for last. I could not put fearless down it is the best book that Marianne Curley has written so far. I highly recommend Fearless to young Adults and not so young like myself. Can't wait for your next book Marianne.
Malvika Jaswal
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a fun plot with angels, fallen angels and even a cameo by God, and, I must say, even a cynic like me thought the story managed to weave it all together pretty well. As always I had favourite characters and not so favourite ones, but that only adds to the the pleasure of reading the story much like watching a reality show with the good characters as well as the irritating one keeping you coming back for more.

So, the story revolves around Ebony and Nathaneal, who were born to love each oth
Zuzana
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is no doubt the best of the Avena series and with the best pacing - except for the end as the book should have been much shorter. Ironically it took me a month to pick it up again after I started it.
Again the weakest part is the actual romance between Thane and Ebony. Which is bad because it's still the main focus of the series. But they're not together for most of the book so that helps as much as it did in Broken. And while we had a bunch of interesting characters in Broken (Jordan,
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Ebony was kidnapped and held a prisoner in hell at the end of the previous book in the series. With all ways to and from Skade closed and sealed, Nathaneal has very little chance of getting to Ebony to save her. However, he is not willing to give up. On the other hand Ebony is set on freeing herself from both hell and its prince. Will the two lovers be able to overcome all the hurdles put in their way and finally reunite? Or will the Dark Prince and his plans prevail?

Ebony finally redeemed herse
Chris
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best Ending Ever!!!

The love story between Ebony and Nathaneal is beyond anything I have read before. Two amazing characters who go through heaven and hell to be together, and who not only love each other but love their families too, and their loyalties to their friends makes this book shine. Characters like Solomon, Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, Jezelle and Shae are still in my thoughts. But the humans are too. From the flawed Jordan, who I now understand his obsession with Ebony, to best friend Ambe
Jessica
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-scifi, ya
4.5 stars. Fantastic ending for the Avena trilogy! This last book truly convinced me of the love story that existed throughout the first two novels, (and even almost made me sympathize for Luca) and it made for a heart pumping finale that makes the whole series well worth reading. Marianne does not disappoint.
Ashleigh
Had me hooked on every page from start to finish. An epic ending in the Avena trilogy.
Patrick
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Marianne Curley. This book is so beautiful. What a great conclusion of another brilliant series. Best of luck with your next adventure that I will be sure to read.
El Amethyst
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfectly awesome end
Johanna
Nov 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
My sister wrote a genius fanfiction for this series on a German platform and her version of Ebony was just so much more interesting than that one-dimensional 100% lawful good broad I got in the original version. I just do not like that black and white, good vs evil thing, good book characters are multilayered and very rarely completely good or evil.
world building Ebony's perspective now starts out in Skade, which got described quite well. I just think it is a bit coincidental that all four pl
Mischa
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Reading the first part of the book, I actually thought I might give this one three stars, because it seemed better and less stupid than the second one. However, I really, really got ahead of myself, because the stupidity was only coming. And not just that, but the ending felt just way too idylic (and idiotic). The writing also wasn't doing wonders for the story. So all in all, it started as a disappointment, and that is the way it ended, too.
Molly Tregear
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of the most amazingly stunning love stories ever written. I had to force my self to read it because I did not want to ever finish reading ebony and Thane’s love story. The only fault I could find in this series is the fact that the books did not go on for infinite unlike the love they share💖.
Bethany
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

Good ending although drawn out and I'm really sick of the "omg you're so hot and every time you touch me I'm on fire with desire" trope. So glad it's off my shelves so I can read more intriguing and complex novels meant for older teens instead of naive middle schoolers
Paula Kellogg
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was a good book but.... I gave it two stars because it was over 2/3's of the way through but she kept writing chapter after chapter...and I feel like maybe she took stories from the Bible and twisted them to work in her book. Love the first book could have lived without the other two.
Paulina
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the end it really dragged on which was not really that necessary. Marianne could maybe do a end chapter telling the recap what happen to the characters.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve managed to finish yet another series!! It’s a great feeling of accomplishment I tell you! It’s been wayyy too long since I last read Marianne Curley’s Avena trilogy and I pretty much just dove into Fearless without having any memory of the past two books. Although, I found I wasn’t struggling so much. It almost felt natural just to be back in this world and reading. Granted, I had trouble with remembering the characters, but I quickly caught up to speed with the key points!

So things pick up
Sara Sahiner
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Sometimes there is no reason for the things we do, Jordan. We just do them because in our heart we know they're right.'

Fearless was an amazing ending to the Avena series. As much as I love books with killer cliffhangers that leave me breathless, I also love endings that leave me happy and extremely satisfied. Fearless has certainly left me with that really happy and content mood. I feel so giddy. I can now sleep peacefully and dream about Nathaniel and Ebony and... Michael. (I kinda have the ho
Ricci Sarigumba
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book redeemed the first two with it's action-packed story. Writing style can still use some improvement as I feel like all the details were jam-packed and forced to close off in the end. Could have made use of the first 2 books to maximize the storyline and create a very intricate and coherent plot. Still, the idea is very unique and interesting.
Anngrace
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever. A bit upset with sudden ending but still love it!!
Robin
Feb 15, 2017
Yara
May 31, 2017
Virginia
Jan 26, 2016
Kimdeal
Aug 27, 2015

• The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • In the Cards
  • Fall (Twinmaker, #3)
  • Day Boy
  • The Hush
  • Mythmaker (Peacemaker, #2)
  • Airships of Camelot: The Rise of Arthur
  • Terrapin (Nordic Airre, #1)
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost, #1)
  • Rising Shadow (The Soterians, #1)
  • Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)
  • Félicité Found
  • Stray (Spark, #2)
  • Unwanted
  • The River and the Book
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight, #3)
  • The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)
  • In the Demon's Company (Demon's Assistant, #2)
I loved reading from a young age and scoured my school libraries during my younger years, but I never thought I would become a writer. It was not until my mid-thirties, while teaching office studies and computers to adults at the Coffs Harbour Education Campus that I began to think seriously about writing. I took several courses and experimented with different styles and genres. With two teenage d ...more

Avena (3 books)
  • Hidden (Avena, #1)
  • Broken (Avena, #2)
“I won't show weakness here, but, damn it, tears don't mean I'm frail and pathetic, only that I'm unhappy.” 2 likes
“Her eyes are liquid and draining out of her.” 1 likes