Start by marking “The Consequences of Sin” as Want to Read:
The Consequences of Sin

The Consequences of Sin

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  400 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
When the sun disappeared, the world was cast in shadows, hiding the evil that lay in wait. When it was dark, I hunted. The shadows caressed my body as I did things I could never do in the light of day.

Eighteen-year-old Bree Bowen has spent her entire life training and working as one of her father’s assassins. Fear has kept her and her best friend, Wes, under her father’s t
Published January 21st 2015 by K.A. Robinson Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Consequences of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Consequences of Sin

Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope WardVicious Cycle by Katie AshleyPhenomenal X by Michelle A. ValentineBound by Honor by Cora ReillyBound by Duty by Cora Reilly
Book Covers from RBA Designs
31st out of 100 books — 45 voters
Confess by Colleen HooverNever Never by Colleen HooverHero by Samantha YoungDeep by Kylie ScottBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire
2015 Romantic Releases (JANUARY to MARCH)
355th out of 355 books — 1,772 voters

More lists with this book...

Bing
Jan 28, 2015 Bing rated it it was amazing

Wesley and Bree grew up together, trapped in the lives they were forced to live.

Wesley's fate was decided since the time he was born. His life was tainted with violence, there was no way he could survive that unscathed. Despite the way he was raised and trained, he knew how to care deeply for someone. He was willing to do anything to protect someone he cared deeply about. He loved someone enough to give her a chance to live a normal life, even it that meant losing her... that someone was Bree.

Br
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 02, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is a really great standalone story. It's a gripping story that I struggled to put down.

Bree is the main character. For years Bree has been controlled by her father as an assassin. When her friend Wes helps her to escape to America she jumps at the chance of a new life. Her roommate Reid is a hot stripper. I love both Wes and Reid.

When Brees past comes crashing back into her life is she strong enough to survive? Will she choose Wes or Reid?
Great story full of romance and suspense. I reall
Kimothy
Jan 24, 2015 Kimothy rated it it was amazing
This was something different from K.A. Robinson a story of trying to move on from your past sins but always being aware of your past and trying to find your true self. Bree is a fantastically complex character, she has a past that is dark and scary, a family who is plain revolting. But strength of character to keep going as long as she has. When the opportunity comes to leave her old life behind she grabs it with both hands, even if this new life involves a stripper as a room-mate. Let's face it ...more
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
+++ 3.5 MYSTERIOUS STARS!!! +++

Bree along with her best friend Wesley, have been trained at a young age to become skilled assassins. Being children of the mafia, they've never had the opportunity to live their lives like other children. Bree is now 18, and is forced to marry into the Irish to further tie the alliances. She would much rather swim in a pool of acid then have to touch the man she is being forced to be with.

All Bree has ever known and seen is violence, killing, and death. Her sins
Mindy
Couldn't really connect with anyone besides Wesley and there wasn't enough of him! Good quick read.
Amanda Stewart lawrence
Jan 16, 2015 Amanda Stewart lawrence rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Amanda by: Jamie
The Consequences of Sin by K.A. Robinson

Once I picked this book up, I literally could not put it down. I got caught up in the story, the characters-watching Bree fight her feelings towards Reid and figure out her feelings towards Wes, the love/hate relationship that she had towards her dad. Seeing the emotions play out in the story-the angst, the fear, the lust, the betrayal, and the forgiveness.
Obviously, by the title of the book and the blurb that KA has released, you get that there is viole
Mary  Sanchez Cortez
Feb 03, 2015 Mary Sanchez Cortez rated it it was amazing
Bree is daughter to one of London biggest Mafia group who born in to privilege but just because she born into her family doesn't mean she is entailed to that privilege. She is not your normal 18 she a trained assassin for her family needs. Her and her best friend Wesley are to do as told if not they will be killed instead.

But when her father wants to trade her to Irish mafia son in exchange for alliance she cant give up her life, she cant give up Wesley. So on the verge of the exchange Wesley he
Erin McKinley Carnevale
Feb 07, 2015 Erin McKinley Carnevale rated it it was amazing
This book somewhat leaves me speechless. There's no way to describe it without spoiling. Anything KA writes is gold and this was no different. I tried to guess how it would end before I even finished and I was totally wrong. This book grips you and keeps you on the edge. When you're an assassin, obviously you can't just relax. Especially when your some what of an escaped slave. Reading from Bree's POV, you can't either. I read this fairly quickly cuz I NEEDED to know how it would play out. I was ...more
~Dawn~TUG
Jan 28, 2015 ~Dawn~TUG rated it really liked it
**arc received from author in exchange for an honest review and blog tour with the beer chugging girls at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
A potential love triangle with 2 assassins and a stripper !! How could you go wrong with that !! LOL
This book has a very different feel from the KA I have read but yet still has just enough of the sexual tension , drama and suspense that we all love from her stories !!

Bree was born into a horrible lifestyle and though she seems weak to her father and does hate the way she lives , she is very determined to get away and have a fresh start. With the help of her only friend , her best friend since
Romance
Jan 27, 2015 Romance rated it it was amazing
Bree, wow!! Holy shit what a way to start a book!!!!

I sure as hell did not see our heroine as an assassin. A chick, a freaking chick is out killing people for her dad's business. She's a trained, yes TRAINED assassin. Her good ole daddy has been training his one and only child to be a killing machine since she could remember. She's 18 and has killed more people than she cares to admit. Does she like it? HELL NO!!!

Daddy dearest is one sick man. But I swear this makes Bree one badass chick you do
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jan 27, 2015 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
We are what our parents make us. Yeah not! All though some make it harder to rebel than other's. Some parents raise you and shelter you to become what they want, never considering your desires. For Bree her family was slowly killing her soul. Trained to be a weapon, to be used at her father's discretion was wearing her down. There was only one thing that made living in this world bearable, Wesley. But when her father threatened to ship her off to Ireland it is time to leave. How could she leave ...more
Jessica
Jan 23, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Oh my – The Consequences of Sin was intense. Captivating. I was on the edge of my seat, devouring each page to see how the plot unfolded. This latest release is a must read simply because it is not your typical love story. I loved it.

The drama and your anticipation continuously builds for all the characters and it feels like you’re on a roller coaster. You’re climbing toward that unavoidable first drop and when the world falls out from beneath your feet it’s a crazy ride. You knew what was comin
BookAngel  Blog
Jan 26, 2015 BookAngel Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'm a big fan of K.A. Robinson so I was so excited to receive an ARC of her new novel Consequences of Sin (Thank you Thank you Thank you). This book sounded really interesting and darker than her previous works. Reading the synopsis you know that Bree is a assassin. However she is really bothered by the whole 'killing' thing. Enter Wes, or Hot Guy Number 1. Wes is her best friend and known her forever. He is also an assasisn. Bree is about to be abused horribly because of her family so Wes gets ...more
EscapeNBooks
Jan 23, 2015 EscapeNBooks rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Hold on to....whatever.....just hold on! Consequences of Sin is non-stop action, love, infatuation, and danger, mafia style. I picked this book up and finished it one read....it was that good, it was that intriguing. It made my heart race with fear, sadness, elation, and triumph.

"You lost your mother when you were young. You can take down grown men with your bare hands. You don't speak kindly of your father. You g
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Unforgettable

This was a wickedly disturbing and emotional read that captivated me from beginning to end. Bree was raised by a domineering father to be one thing and one thing only and that was to become part of the shadows that we all fear is lurking behind every corner. Bree's emotions played right off the pages and kept me transfixed on every turmoil, every tear, every smile. My heart absolutely broke for her. Wes her best friend is a man who has always had her back and wanted nothing more tha
Rebecca
Feb 01, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
For eighteen years, Bree Bowen has been trapped under her father's tyrannical control. She's been a solider...an assassin for the London Mafia, and she's been trained and given the tools to deceive and kill.

Bree is defined by her sins - every kill...every sinful act has consequences - ones that now threaten to destroy her new identity and life.

As Bree Reynolds, she seeks a fresh start - a clean slate if you will, but when one's life has been filled with nothing but death and destruction, it's on
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Jan 24, 2015 Kendall {Book Crazy} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was really excited about this book when I first heard about it! All I had to go on was the synopsis, but that sealed the deal that I was definitely going to read it lol! I've also read quite a few of this author's other books and loved them, so I knew this book was going to be amazing! And then I saw the cover for this book! As if I needed something else to make me want it more lol! It I freaking loved this book! As soon as I stared reading it, I couldn't put it down until I had finished it! I ...more
Briebookd CCBH
Jan 31, 2015 Briebookd CCBH rated it really liked it
Shelves: ccbh-reviewed
Consequence...
...result, outcome of action

Sin...
...illegal or immoral action

K.A. Robinson shows us that for every sin we commit there is an equal consequence.

This is a journey of self discovery as the h runs away from the only life she has every known to start over. Starting fresh not only in a new place, but a new country while recreating herself as someone else...as the person she "chose" to be instead of being forced to be.

I loved the strength of the female character. I loved that she didn't
Danita - The Book Nuts
Jan 28, 2015 Danita - The Book Nuts rated it it was amazing
From the first page until the very end, I couldn't put this book down. The Consequences of Sin is so different from anything else that K.A. Robinson has written, and it's absolutely amazing.

Bree and Wes are best friends, and have been together since birth. They do everything together: school lessons, train, and fight. They just happen to be mafia children and trained assassins, so they also kill together. Bree is tired of the life, and feels a part of herself dying with each life that she takes.
Lesley Koke DeWig
Jan 28, 2015 Lesley Koke DeWig rated it it was amazing
This is a departure for K.a. She crafted an amazing story revolving around some pretty dirty worlds. Yet with every K.a. book I read I couldn't put it down. I finished it in a matter of hours. Even though some of the characters are dark/evil I still found a way to find them likeable. Thank You K.a.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
4 Stars

Bree has been raised in a life she can not stand. She knows there is more to life than killing, she just has to find it. The only good she has ever had in her life is her best friend Wesley. Now the world she knows is about to crumble. She must escape, run, start over.

Roommate wanted! Bree meets Reid. He's hot, he's a stripper and he has no idea who she used to be. Worlds collide, there is never a true escape from the underside of London.

This is a great story. Lots of action, lots of lus
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
Bree Bowen, born and raised in England as a Mafia assassin. Her father, Oliver, is the second command of one of England's largest Mafia families. Bree never left the mansion where she lived, unless she was going on an assignment. She was raised along side with her best friend, protector and trained assassin, Wesley. Bree wants out of the life, she want to live a normal life, however her father has other plans. Oliver will be giving Bree to the Irish Mafia to create an alliance.

"I hated myself f
Kellie
Jan 22, 2015 Kellie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviewed
Bree is born into a family that definitely isn't the Cleavers. The exact opposite, in fact, of a warm and loving mother and father combo. After training in London with her best friend, and basically soulmate, Wes, to become a part of the "family business", Bree discovers that the life she has been groomed for is not the one she wants but just leaving is not easy. She basically escapes without Wes and she ends up with a new life and a new chance at a future in Texas. She meets Reid, who becomes h ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Murder, love, vengeance and second chances collide in K.A. Robinson's newest dark romance - The Consequences of Sin!

Bree Bowen, alongside her best friend Wes, has been trained as an assassin since she could walk. Her father is second in command to London's largest and deadliest mafia families and he rule's with an iron fist. With each life she is forced to take, Bree looses a little piece of her soul. And her only way out is by agreeing to an arranged marriage with the Irish, a fate worse then d
She Hearts Books
Jan 23, 2015 She Hearts Books rated it it was amazing
This was an edge of your seat kind of book from the very first page and the action didn't stop until the very last page. KA hooked me with Bree who was such a dichotomy having the dark side that was forced upon her and the light side that she longed for so much. I think that the men she loved reflected that as well. She loved Wes who is part of the old life and falls for Reid which is everything she wants for her future. I so enjoyed Bree's story and really want to read Wes' next.

I give The Cons
Donna ~
4.5 Stars!!!
This one was a little different for Kelly but so well done! I enjoyed this book from page 1 thru to the last word! Make sure to add this one to your tbr! Full review to follow on blog tour!

A book about assassins……nah….A book about assassins written by K.A. Robinson…..HELL YEAH!!! This was a “different” type of read from Kelly and I am soooo glad that I had the opportunity to read this book before release!
I LOVED it!
This story had it all, angst, suspense, unrequited love, friendship
Cherry Hurtado
Feb 03, 2015 Cherry Hurtado rated it really liked it
This book was a good read. I enjoyed the story. Bree isn't your normal girl. She has been brought up different then other kids. She has been trained to be an assassin.

This book isn't your usual love story at all. I kinda wanna say it's a love triangle. The problem is I loved all the characters. I couldn't decide who i liked more they were all equally the same and I liked them.

The story keeps you entertain from beginning to end. At no point could I ever figure out the story! I really liked this
Bernice Hudnall
Jan 25, 2015 Bernice Hudnall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I did not know what to expect with this book. And honestly that didn't matter because I will read anything that is published by K.A. Robinson. She is one of my all-time favorite authors and I have loved all of her books. This book was different than the books I usually read but I was not disappointed, i mean who does not like assassins & male strippers? I was so torn between Reid and Wes. I love them both. In the end everything worked out how it should and it made perfect sense. Bree's fathe ...more
Jennifer (booksfashionandcoffeebookblog) Weeks
5 stars - I loved it. This was very different and unique, but then again K.A. only writes different and unique stories. This was one of them. Not one thing about this was boring from beginning to end. I've read one other assassin themed novels before but this was by far my favorite. And awesome.

I loved Bree she wanted an out and her best friend gave her one. I was sad when they parted. But I loved how fierce , feisty and independent and how dead set she was to starting over and becoming someone
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Missing Pieces
  • Hunter
  • The Fragile Fall (Undone #1)
  • Love in the Time of the Dead
  • Stop Being a F***ing Idiot
  • The Exodus (Vessel #2)
  • Needing to Fall
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • His Light in the Dark
  • The McClane Apocalypse: Book 3
  • The Keeper's Quest (The Keeper's Saga, #2)
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak, #3)
  • The Beats in Rift (The Bad Blood Series, #1)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • Gods of the Dead (Rising, #1)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)