Start by marking “Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)

Phoenix Reborn

(Alpha Pack #7.5)

Wolf shifter and Firewalker Phoenix “Nix” Monroe has finally met his ultimate Bondmate—Alpha Pack nurse Noah Brooks. Unable to accept his own sexual identity, Nix rejects Noah despite the intense attraction he feels towards him.

By the time Nix realizes he has cast aside the love of his life, it may be too late to save Noah from a terrifying enemy...
Kindle Edition
Published March 15th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix Reborn, please sign up.
J.D. Tyler PHOENIX REBORN will be a novella, and available as an ebook. I hope you love Nix and Noah's story!

Start your review of Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)
Sabrina
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Nix has suppressed his true sexuality since he was a young kid. His father threatened any of his future partners' life, if he ever found out Nix was with a man, so he hid truth. When he realizes that Noah, a Pack nurse, is his mate, he doesn't know how to hide from his feelings. But when Noah's life is threatened, there is no more hiding, and Nix has to come to terms with his true self real fast.

Wow I loved this story, it was fast, and sweet, but still with the usual J.D Tyler action thrown in.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

I initially really liked the main characters in PHOENIX RISING, a short story in the Alpha Pack series. Unfortunately, I disliked almost everything else about the story: pacing, foreshadowing, the villain, the mythology, the stereotypical homophobia...

Phoenix "Nix" is one of the enforcers in Alpha Pack, a group that protects the world from demons, and miscellaneous evils. He is a lean, mean, lupine killing machine with a seriously messed up background.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! How have I missed out on this brilliant shifter series? *Has rectified the situation and one-clicked the first three books in the series to get with the program*

This quick novella is all about Phoenix “Nix” Monroe and his Bondmate, Noah Brooks. Well, Noah would be Nix’s Bondmate if he pulled his head out of his butt and accepted his sexuality. By the time Nix finally gets his act together, after casting aside Noah and all he represents, Nix may be too late to save both his
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great Alpha Pack book/novella. MM is not my thing but this was really well done. Love seeing Nix and Noah find a HEA though the angst and a kidnapping. Loved seeing all the pack again especially my fav, snarky Aric. Can't wait to see who falls next.
Stephanie  G
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

After rejecting, his ultimate bondmate, Phoenix “Nix” Monroe may find himself too late to save Noah from a terrifying enemy in this thrilling paranormal romance.

The heartfelt emotions that flows from the characters of this story immediately grip readers by the heart because Nix and Noah’s relationship is a turbulent mix of chemistry and past issues that keep it on a very slippery slope. Anticipation and excitement builds throughout the well written, fast paced and smooth flowing story
Sophia
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
This was a story for which I had great curiosity since it's been coming for some time as the series progressed. I was really hoping for something special since the author chose to put a greater amount of diversity in her series by having a same-sex mated pair. I didn't think I was expecting too much since, to my knowledge, this was her first foray into that type of couple, but I was left on the disappointed side when all was said and done.

The story is part of an ongoing series and makes more
El

Homophobic Language
Kidnapping
Suicidal Thoughts
Attempted Suicide

Phoenix Rebornis the first and (so far) only M/M workin the M/F paranormal romance seriesAlpha Pack by J.D. Tyler-- and from what I can tell, the first M/M work by this author under any of her pen names. I haven't read any other books in the series, but it seems similar to J.R. Ward and other shifter alpha-male M/F erotica.

But wow, this reads 10000% like a novel written by someone
Darcy
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, pnr, shifters, vampires, m-m, fae, 2016, rw
I think we all have been waiting for this one for a long time. I know I've found myself very angry at Nix for how he treated Noah, Noah who everyone loves and is such a sweetheart. Learning why Nix treated him bad doesn't make me not angry at Nix, but it allows me to understand why he acted like he did. I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same in his shoes.

I hated that there was a big scene at the end, one where Nix once again refused Noah, hated that then Noah had to do what he did to
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

I had mixed feelings about reading (or well, listening) to this book. There has been something going on between Nix and Noah for a while now. There is definitely a connection between the two. However, Nix has never, not at a single point in this series, shown any interest in guys. Noah is openly gay and very proud of it. He is almost a cliche, in his pink and glitter. Nix, however, has shown no interest in guys, even
Christi Snow
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review:
I love that J.D. Tyler wrote a male/male romance in the Alpha Pack world. I just wish she had given Nix and Noah's story a bit more. This is a novella and as such, it goes by really quickly although there is a lot going on. As a result, I was left feeling like the story was just missing something. It didn't go to the depths that I really would have liked it to emotionally.

But what is there is good. Nix is torn. After growing up in a homophobic home, he's always denied that part of
Diane Lynch
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
J.D. Tyler’s Phoenix Reborn is an excellent addition to the Alpha Pack Series. Wolf shifter/Firewalker Phoenix “Nix” Monroe has finally met his Bondmate nurse Noah Brooks. Because of his upbringing, he is struggling with the fact that Noah is male. This contemporary shapeshifter PNR takes place in Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming. It is appropriate for adult audiences.

Noah is a likable character. He is the head nurse at Sanctuary, where he has worked for the past two years and finally feels
Holly
There's a lot of angst packed into this short story. Nix and Noah are mates, but Nix has been avoiding Noah and pushing him away for some time, because he grew up with an uber religious father and he doesn't want to accept he's gay. He's fine with being bi, but to come out as an openly gay person is hard for him.

Noah figures if he can just prove he's good enough, Nix will finally mate-claim him. When an old enemy of the pack suddenly strikes again, Noah is caught in the crossfire..and Nix
Melanie
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, lgbtq, aar
This is a partial review! Full review available on All About Romance - http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/boo...

think I picked this novella up because of the interesting mix of paranormal tropes - we have bond (soul) mates, shapeshifters, the fae, and more, all packed into a nice, short novella. Fans of the Alpha Pack are practically rabid in their enjoyment of the whole series, so I was excited to see a M/M entry into what has been an M/F world. The problem is that all those tropes combined
Under the Covers Book Blog

It is no secret that I'm a fan of this series. When I first noticed there would be a m/m story as we found out one of the Pack members found his mate in a human nurse at the compound, I was extremely giddy. Especially because he was rejecting the idea completely and I thought that would make for a good angsty story.

And then we get PHOENIX REBORN. Which was just too..... simple. The story, the characters, it just all felt like a waste of a good base for a book! I started off liking both of

Shari
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

This review was originally posted on Delighted Reader

J.D. Tyler has been teasing us with Noah and Nix's romance. This is the first M/M romance we have had in the Alpha series and I for one am happy it is finally here. This story deals with some issues extremely fast when I think it needed a little more time to flush out.

Noah is the lovable nurse that takes care of all the paranormal creatures, humans and fae, etc. that come through the hospital doors on the compound. He has never come out as
Elizabeth H.
I was dying for this story and couldn’t wait to dig in. I did enjoy it but I felt Noah’s character wasn’t fluid. His personality changed and from flamboyant, to strong, and back again. Nix was driving me crazy with his feelings. He wanted to love Noah but he’s suppressed his real self because of an abusive father.

We do get some insight in to both characters’ backgrounds though and I loved that. I think my high expectations and anticipation of the story soured my view on it. Though for fans of
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book overall. I thought the first 2/3's was well developed, showing Nix's struggles and the development of the relationship with Noah. I realize it is a novella, but I just felt like the apex of the book fell short and was rushed. Without going into spoilers, I just think that the part when Noah was in trouble was resolved far too quickly and was a little lacking.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)
by J.D. Tyler

Netgalled ARC

Reviewed by Ang from PNR Book Lover Reviews

Nix and Noah's story, didn't realize its a part of a MASSIVE series. I did feel likeI missed out on a lot due to it was part of an established series. But i could still read it, and really enjoyed this novella about these two guys, and wolf shifter and a halfling.
laura
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
yikes. i'm all for trashy romances but this was just bad. the pace was inconsistent, noah was a walking cliche, and the spelling & grammar was questionable at times. when nix said "let's don't make it about money" i took pause, but i tapped out when nix's homophobic dad showed up out of the blue (like, honestly? the man doesn't see his son for years, but the moment nix is open about being with another man his dad appears) claiming he wants to make amends because he found god.

the best part
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Just ok

I thought that this story was good, but I thought that the whole thing between Lucius and Nix was ultimately unsatisfying unresolved, and (even more unsatisfying) the fight with Jinn was just anticlimactic.

Why didn't Noah fought against the pack for Jinn, at least at the very first? From what it seemed, Jinn would have strengthened that bond as soon as he realized that the others were coming, and Noah wouldn't have been able to fight it.

Overall, the story was ok, but it could have been
Danireadzalot
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book had so much potential it could have been a full length novel. I wish it were. Nix and Noah have so much back story and it's just glossed over. She introduced a ew character at the end of Chase the Darkness but doesn't mention it in this book. I was hoping for more....I walked away feeling like I didn't learn anything more about the characters.
Lizzie
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Good quickie

This was a good book but it felt incomplete. The plot had a few too many random jumps. More flashbacks used to explain a change rather than a story.
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aroha
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness all round ago to series can't wait 2 see what happens next
T.M. Smith
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Exactly what I was waiting for!"
If you could sum up Phoenix Reborn in three words, what would they be?
Passionate, heartbreaking, perfect.

What was one of the most memorable moments of Phoenix Reborn?
Nix and Noah at Nix's special place, both times.

Have you listened to any of Marguerite Gavin’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
I've listened to this entire series and though it's strange having a female narrate a majorly male cast series, she does a really good job of making sure
 Reading In Pajamas
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review: PHOENIX REBORN: An Alpha Pack Novella by J. D. Tyler http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-4rL
Publication Date: March 15, 2016
Genre: MM / Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars

Donna review 4.5 stars

I loved this sexy novella about Nix and Noah and will say it was about time that Nix claimed his mate. I also appreciated that their love story was just that, a love story with the threat of an old enemy adding the pulse pumping action. I only wished it had been longer than a novella so that

Book Binge
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
There’s a lot of angst packed into this short story. Nix and Noah are mates, but Nix has been avoiding Noah and pushing him away for some time, because he grew up with an uber religious father and he doesn’t want to accept he’s gay. He’s fine with being bi, but to come out as openly gay is hard for him.

Noah is convinced if he can just get Nix to spend some time with him, Nix will realize how good they are together. When Noah is attacked and wounded, Nix takes him home to care for him..and Noah’s
Sandy S
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 15, 2016

•••••••••

NOTE: PHOENIX REBORN is a M/M story line with same sex situations and graphic text.

REVIEW:
Kasey
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

So we'll done it pulls the reader in so they feel everything right with the characters, I cried, laughed, and got angry
Didi
2.75 Stars

Being late comer to an ongoing series and going straight to the latest instead of the first could be a bad decision. But I think, it wasn't so this time around. I wouldn't say the story great, it's more like the case of the right moment of reading this.

I liked the premises where all supernatural beings could live peacefully among each other: shifters (all kinds), fae, sorcerers, halflings; they were even in good associations with the vampires. Of course, the villains could be of the
« previous 1 3 next »

• In the Company of Wolves (SWAT, #3)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT #4)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Jax (Immortals of New Orleans, #7)
  • Theirs to Cherish (Wicked Lovers, #8)
  • Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2)
  • Dimitri (Immortals of New Orleans, #6)
  • Hunter (Immortals of New Orleans #10)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)
  • Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Paul's Pursuit (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #6)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Force of Temptation (The Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Bound to Darkness (Midnight Breed #13)
USA Today Bestselling Author J.D. Tyler is best known for her dark, sexy paranormal series Alpha Pack, and the Firefighters of Station Five and Sugarland Blue series as National Bestselling Author Jo Davis. PRIMAL LAW, the first book in her Alpha Pack series, is the winner of the National Readers' Choice Award in Paranormal. She's also been a multiple finalist in the National Readers' Choice ...more

Alpha Pack (10 books)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack, #7)
  • Raven's Mark (Alpha Pack, #8)
  • Unknown (Alpha Pack, #9)