Start by marking “It Happens for a Reason” as Want to Read:
It Happens for a Reason

It Happens for a Reason

When Vipasha, Vee to friends, eighteen and single, makes the decision to have her baby, she does more than give up her promising modeling career. She ends up cutting ties with her family and with Ankush, the man she thought she was in love with. Fast-forward sixteen years and she now has two unusual careers - she runs a dog-boarding facility and is a gym instructor. Aryan ...more
Published December 10th 2014 by Westland (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about It Happens for a Reason, please sign up.
Reshma I would say its way better than life is what you make it.I ttally liked liked it.

Start your review of It Happens for a Reason
Avanthika
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Some incidents happen to you when you expect them the least. Most of the times you don't even realize how important they are. They're strong-enough to twist and turn your life up-side down. Certainly they happen for a reason :)
Like a phone call from the person you love after which you realize nothing can go back to what it was before.

Vipasha, Vee to friends, who had a rotten childhood, raises her 15 year old kid Aryan, in secluded part of Banglore, earning bread & butter through her dog-sitting
Shyam Sundar
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preethi-shenoy
i got this book a couple of weeks ago to my hands ! yet i waited ! so that i can start a new fresh year with Preeti shenoy :) Preeti was always my favorite . i would suggest her books if my friends asks me to recommend a book . thanks Avanthika for gifting me an autographed copy :)

It happens for a reason - I should say the book exceeded my expectations.

Plot
The Story is about Vipasha , who manages to get pregnant in her early twenties . out of all odds , she delivers her baby ,dropping out from
Bookish Devil
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not many Books make me cry :'(

This book is just flawless. There was nothing bad that I could crib about.
From the start till the end, It was just perfect. Genuine Emotions !
Preeti Shenoy is truely a master in Storytelling. Got me hooked from the first page till the very last. A book about Love,Separation,heart breaks, Longing,Passion and Attachments.

This book un-undoubtedly surpassed my expectations. :)
It's a good book which is worth recommending to friends to read.

Deserves 4 star <3 . Perfe
Renuka
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am big fan of Preeti Shenoy, Good read, Its a page turner. The way story is moved Its awesome. Only thing which is I didn't like most that is ending, it is more predictable & could have been better.

For me it worth read 4.75*
Versha
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
3.5

This was a good read.
After reading Preeti’s previous book I was not sure of liking this one, but it turned out to be her best till date. The story was well crafted, the main and side characters were believable also it was nice to see even the side characters were given equal importance and most of all I liked the narration which was to the point without any dragging.
The story revolves around Vipasha who took drastic step at a tender age of eighteen of becoming a single mother when all her f
Geevika Bhatia
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5***
Preeti Shenoy, the only Indian author whom I follow and wait for her upcoming books. Honestly, I was disappointed with her last book - TOUCH. But with It Happens for a Reason, Preeti is back and I am so glad.
The story is simple, an easy read yet well written, gripping, close to the ground realities and all these are Preeti's writing traits. She never writes out of the world love stories or something that cannot happen in the real life. She explores the relationships so beautifully b
Anmol Rawat
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I am a big fan of Preeti Shenoy. Undoubtedly, undeniably and irrevocably, she is one of the finest authors of India and probably the best when it comes to writing about relationships. I have read three books by her so far and have admired her for each one of them, my favorite being The One You Cannot Have.

Read my Detailed Review Here

It happens for a reason might not be her best work but still, it's worth reading. The concept is mature and the whole journey that has been portrayed through the cha
Deepa Balaji
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have read Preethi Shenoy's earlier books and this was the worst book I have read of her, I was unable to connect to any of the characters.. where in this world can a mother be so rude as Vee's mom.. and the justification for her behavior was unbearable
Abhilash Ruhela
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

If there's one writer who have always impressed me with his/her writing each time he/she had released his/her work- It's Preeti Shenoy apart from Ravi Subramanian. Not even once did I rate any of her book below 4 stars. In fact, her last book "The One You Cannot Have" got 4.9* rating from me. That's almost perfect. This time, it took me long enough to read her latest book because of internship and college issues. But I finished reading "It Happens For A Reason" few hours ago and since then I am
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
Originally Published on www.shanayatales.com

This is the second Preeti Shenoy book that I have read after ‘The One You Cannot Have’, and while both these stories are very different from each other, my overall experience remains the same. This one too started out as total page turner, and this one too has a rushed and unsatisfactory concluding sequence.

‘It Happens for a Reason’ is a cross between romance, drama and everyday fiction. The plot revolves around Vipasha (Vee) , a girl who gets preg
Raghav Agarwal
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
A Potentially Good Book Made Unbearable by the Writing Style

I have got nothing against Ms. Shenoy except complaints about the style of her writing. The writing style employed in this book is forgivable only if it is an Author's first book, but not if the book is written by an experienced author listed by Forbes as one of the most influential Indian women. The style is, to put it in one word, tacky. The book's premise is interesting and certainly catches the reader's attention but it all goes dow
Preethi Venugopala
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Preeti Shenoy has not disappointed me till date, the reason why I buy every book of hers that comes out. My favourite among her books is still 'The secret wish list' and this book would come a close second along with ' The one you cannot have'. There is always a takeaway message in her books and in this there are multiple messages. The title itself is one among the many messages that this book convey.
I can't understand why I waited this long to read it. I had this with me since December 2014 an
Muthu Anand
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, books-own
Brilliant!

Dogs do make the world a better place. Whatever you give a dog, you get back exponentially, multiplied to the power of infinity. Dogs have that much love to give.

If only the same could be said of humans.
Prateeksha Malik
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
While going through my friends library, I noticed this book by Preeti shenoy.
Intrigued by the fact that she's a fellow Indian, I decided to give it a read.
I kept an open mind about her writing style and the entire story.

"It happens for a reason", is a book revolves around the protagonist - Vipasha, Vee to her friends, whose life is near perfect, from a distance. Vipasha has filthy rich parents, but what they lack in as parents is that they try to cover up everything with riches.

Vipasha, a young
Mani Khanna
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Plot:

The story unfolds when Vipasha, Vee to friends, was lying on the hospital bed in labor pain. Becomes single a mother at 19, Vee is a happy go lucky teenager who doesn’t known what she want in life. To give birth to her child, she leaves her career in modeling when it’s at peak and become a part of the world where she lives happily with her son. After a leap of fifteen years, she has turned into an owner of a dog boarding facility and a gym instructor. With a wonderful bond that she shares w
Meghant Parmar
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Life's not easy for people as it seems to be. Vipasha a.k.a Vee decides to be on the helm and drive herself away from the knick-knacks and create a befitting journey out of shambles. But it never is that easy when there's no support on offer and you only have a couple of people besides you. But she is determined and gritty and once it all is in motion there's no looking back. So how Vipasha will construct life for herself? Will she ever be able to be get back on track? And how the past will play ...more
Kartik Mawa
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is a waste of time. A really average story, average thinking of a writer who might have just finished writing it in a hurry. The characterisation is fine but the rest is sub-par. How easily are past issues resolved is quite disturbing.
Vipasha decides to raise a baby on her own after she realizes that she's pregnant. Her boyfriend leaves her, thinking it's a mistake. I'm okay with that. It's good that she decides to be on her own. The strong, independent lady struggles for fifteen year
Akshata
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Yet another book which truly engrosses you and works its charm in making you put everything down and read read read. Its captivating right from the start and you cannot help but applaud Vipasha as she single handedly brings up her son, runs her business and manages a life for herself. As the story moves into flashback, you find yourself smiling, crying, shaking your head, applauding and simply wanting to know more.
Like all of the other books by Preeti Shenoy, this one is engaging and deals with
Arti Honrao
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it
There are some truths you should never say. No matter how much it bothers you, no matter how much you want to blurt it out, no matter how important you think it is to say it, it is best buried, suppressed, killed. Saying the truth out loud will only cause pain so lacerating, so wounding that it will be impossible to heal.
- Preeti Shenoy in 'It happens for a Reason'
(And that's why I love reading her books.. simplest of stories, even the predictable ones - but she puts in lines like the above one
Karthick Udaiy
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Preeti Shenoy ‘s Sixth Book ” It Happens For a Reason “. Extremely excited about to hear. i ordered on amazon and also luckily i got signed copy from her. First of all title heard to be very catchy. i completely read this book cover to cover Author’s Story Narration is incredible and also each every character is rolled out in the story impeccable well. first 100 pages takes you like dull but after that Roller Coaster ride! you can’t down the book as well and story moves with twists and unexpecte ...more
Pratibha Jain
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Preeti Shenoy is one of my favorite authors, but this book did not turn out to be like I thought it would. I did not like the protagonist, I thought she was so confused. And same goes for other characters.
If you want to read something by the author, go for The one you cannot have. I believe, it's her best work.
Vijayata Bagri
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading the book and was totally hooked to it. The story is very real and reaffirms the fact that things indeed happen for a reason and we only realize it later when we can connect the dots!
Shiksha Sehgal
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!' Loved reading it!!! Great story!
Shrinidhi Venkat
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It happens for a reason! felt wonderful for Vee .. she's a strong lady :) ..
Tobin Thomas
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
A simple read about a girl and how she managed to raise her kid alone. With nothing new to offer, Preeti Shenoy delivers a passive read for the readers.
Aasif
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
yes it happens for a reason 😊
Navya Pindi
It is an afternoon read which flows through easily. There are a few lines in the book worth remembering. I had "Gilmore Girls" (a TV show available on Netflix) vibes while I started reading, but it wore away, much to my disappointment, as I went along with the story.
Madeeha Gul
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome I would recommend it to all.....
Dipali
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Hashma
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really like this book. The character vee explains the hazards a teenager experience when she gets pregnant before marriage. The love and affection of mother towards her baby. And tells that love never dies due to distance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Our Impossible Love
  • Like It Happened Yesterday
  • This Is Not Your Story
  • I Too Had a Love Story
  • You Were My Crush!...till you said you love me!
  • The Girl With A Secret Crush
  • You are the Best Wife
  • Sorry, You're Not My Type
  • Can Love Happen Twice?
  • The Girl in Room 105
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Half Girlfriend

Preeti Shenoy, among the top five highest selling authors in India, is also on the Forbes longlist of the most influential celebrities in India. She is the highest selling woman writer in India. Her work has been translated to many languages.

India Today has named her as being unique for being the only woman in the best-selling league. She has been awarded the ‘Indian of the Year’ award for 2017 b