Start by marking “Variation West” as Want to Read:
Variation West

Variation West

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
Set mainly in Salt Lake City and other parts of Utah, Variation West covers more than a century of western life and history. But Ardyth Kennelly's sweeping final novel also covers the wider territory of the human heart: how it motivates people to love, to work, to survive - and to do violence to themselves or others.

Thirteen-year-old Hindle Lee, her mother dead and her fat
Published November 13th 2014 by Sunnycroft Books

To ask other readers questions about Variation West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Variation West

Peggy
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My mother and grandmother shared their love of Ardyth Kennelly's books with me--I remember checking them out of the library when I was about 12. This newly-discovered novel is, as the publisher's description says, darker, with more adult themes than her earlier novels, but still vastly enjoyable (though I probably would not have been allowed to read it at age 12!)

This is a fascinating family saga spanning the early days of Salt Lake City through two World Wars and the Viet Nam War, set against
Pansygarner
Donna
May 25, 2018
Rachel Hurst
Oct 05, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover needed for new Ardyth Kennelly book 3 14 Sep 06, 2015 10:21PM
Ardyth Matilda Kennelly was an American novelist with five works of historical/literary fiction published between 1949 and 1956, and one published posthumously, in 2014.