Start by marking “Neighbors (Celebrate! - 2014 Advent Calendar)” as Want to Read:
Neighbors (Celebrate! - 2014 Advent Calendar)

Neighbors (Celebrate! - 2014 Advent Calendar)

Ever since he moved to London, shy editor Eric has been watching his neighbor, Crooked Smile, jog every morning. Aspiring restaranteur Rhys eats breakfast by the window so he can see his neighbor, Bed Head, help the old woman downstairs clean off her car. When Eric's roommate unexpectedly returns home for the holidays, she realizes their idiocy and, with the help of Rhys's ...more
Published December 1st 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Neighbors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neighbors

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Pretty cute!

It reminded me a bit of How the Other Half Lives. Neighbors who are attracted to each other but are too shy and intimidated to introduce themselves. All of the incorrect assumptions about each other were a tiny bit frustration, but I was still charmed.

Warning: Don't read this story if meddling friends irritates you. These guys are practically forced together by their friends. Sometimes that can irritate me, but I didn't mind it much here.

All in all, a sweet short, even though it end
Chris, the Dalek King
I'm totally crossing off 'Open My Own Restaurant' off the list of things I might do one day. I pretty sure I end up in jail for killing everyone who worked for me, after a week. But other than commiserations with Rhys for his lack of quality employees, I really enjoyed the story. Both guys were a bit clueless, but it was a cute story and I liked it.
Serena Yates
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday
What an adorable story! Christmas or not, this set of characters and circumstances would work at any time of the year. Full of hilarious observations, self-criticism, and misunderstandings based on assumptions that really should be outlawed, this story made me smile, and laugh, and yell at the two main characters to "wake up" and get their acts together all at the same time.

Eric is shy, has just moved to Britain, works from home, and has very few friends. He is too afraid to put himself out ther
Christy
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, holiday, arc
'Neighbors' is one of the short stories included in the Dreamspinner Press 2014 Celebrate! Advent Calendar. Thirty-one different stories, all revolving around the holiday season, and finding love and joy. What could be better? I'm happy to be included in this year's effort, and I really enjoyed this sweet short story.

Eric moved to London when his best friend, Janet, did. He works from home, his family is scattered about, and Eric was looking for an adventure. The problem is, Eric's not a very ad
Sadonna
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, holidays, mm, pdf
Very cute story about two guys who are crushing on each other, but have no clue how to actually make a connection. Luckily Eric's roommate and Rhys's business partner take the bull by the horns and manage to force them together for Christmas. They are both nervous and goofy, but it's OK - that works for them :)

Lovely story and setting.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

Eric’s been watching the cute neighbor with a crooked smile for a while now but never got up the courage to talk to him. Rhys has been doing the same, watching his adorable neighbor with the messy hair but never wanted to approach the man. But when Christmas comes around, their best friends think it’s the perfect time to push the two together and one holiday filled day might just be the thing that finally gets them to meet.

Omgosh, what an ADORABLE story. I’ve always
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
3 star review by Marieke

Eric is kind of a recluse, especially since he moved to London. He’s shy, introvert and a little bit of a nerd. He’s moved along to England with his best friend, because he had nothing keeping him in the United States if Janet wasn’t there. He’s secretly observing his neighbor, but it’s not stalking. It’s not!

Rhys and his best friend are opening a restaurant, which keeps him extremely busy. But not busy enough that he doesn’t notice his cute new neighbor. He’d ask the guy
Brandilyn
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday, read-2014, mm
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Poor Eric is shy. He watches life unfold from afar... even when he is in lust with his neighbor, Crooked Smile. No one like that would ever give dorky ol' him a second glance. Especially when he can't even utter a single word in the presence of said neighbor. Even more so because said neighbor has an exotic and hot boyfriend. The neighbor, also known as Rhys, is having similar doubts, because his ardorkable neighbor, bed head, just stares and glares at him.For fu

Morgan  Skye
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eric has been spying on his super cute neighbor, but afraid to talk to him because he thinks he’s in a relationship. Instead, he stares at him blankly every time they come across one another and feels lonely.
At Christmas, they are forced together with the help of their friends and they realize they both had been crushing on the other all along.
Very sweet, light holiday story. My only wish is that we’d gotten to see them together – if only for a little bit.

3.5 of 5 hearts
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Well that was adorable.

Both neighbors are a little stalker like. Watching the other through the window.

Eric thinks Rhys has a boyfriend. Rhys thinks Eric hates him.

Of course it takes some meddling friends to set them strait.

Ramsi
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
It may not be a new idea all in all but I quite liked it nevertheless.
Short and sweet christmassy story about two neighbours who have to face their attraction to each other thanks to meddling friends.
Lucy
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Crooked Smile and BedHead, just completely enamoured from afar and working off misunderstandings about the other. I thought this was sweet and cute and very holiday happy!
Candice
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, lunch, jingle-bells
Read in December 2014
Anke
Shelves: dsp-advent-2014
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one was so much fun. Here are two guys each wishing the other one liked them. If it wasn't for pushy and nosey friends they might never have stood a chance.
Tailtiu
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, cute-sweet
3,5*
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Uninspired and trite.

Full review posted as part of my 2014 Advent Calendar: Celebrate! review.
Angel
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Melanie~~
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super, super sweet!! Just what you love in a Holiday short!
Secretly Reading