Start by marking “H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.” as Want to Read:
H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.

H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.

The patterns we cultivate shape the person we each become.

Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle. These powerful words describe the leader who is willing to work hard, get it done, and make sure it’s not about him or her; the leader who knows that influence is about developing the right habits for success.

Brad Lomenick, former president of Catalyst, shares his hard-earned
Published September 22nd 2015 by HarperCollins Leadership

To ask other readers questions about H3 Leadership, please sign up.
Blue libraries, usually public/free ones. Amazon too.

Start your review of H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.
Barnabas Piper
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Immensely practical and well-organized. An easy read without being fluffy content. Will challenge readers and offer sage advice for those who want it.
Dawn Liebherr
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Practical tips and thoughts from leaders from all different areas of life. I genuinely recommend.
Ann
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Definitely worth the read.
Brit Carson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! I’m challenged. Each chapter had so much meat to it along with powerful advice. It’s a lot to process but it’s so practical and laid out for the reader. I found it easy to pick up what the author was saying and make steps to implement the suggestions to see myself grow as a leader.
Lydia
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some great reminders and thoughts in here. I appreciated the practical perspectives from a variety of leaders. I loved having the quick thoughts from different leaders at the end of each chapter.
Daniel Henderson
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful. I will revisit parts of this book in more detail.
Brian
I cannot say enough about how much I loved H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle.. You need to pick up this book and read it from cover to cover. I read Brads book "The Catalyst Leader" and feel like this was a great follow up to that offering from his leadership journey. This is the most practical leadership book that you will ever put your hands on. You will find a ton of tweet-able phrases and pull-quotes that you can share with others as you read. Makes reading fun, and ...more
Johnathan
This is perhaps one of the best leadership books I've ever read. It is packed with all the major leadership principles that you would expect plus some fresh insight. It is direct, honest, real and isn't full of fluff and filler. The stories, quotes and illustrations used to illuminate the main points are a great compliment to the book and are not distracting or laborious. I found myself highlighting sentences and points from nearly every paragraph as well as entire paragraphs at a time. The text ...more
Matt
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only is Brad one of the ultimate authorities on the subject of effective leadership, but his book is absolutely incredible. H3 Leadership is a manifesto for leaders everywhere to engage a new level of effectiveness and depth as they peer into the soul of their leadership. It is jam-packed with so much good stuff, it's hard to believe it is all in one book. I honestly felt like every chapter could've been a book in itself. Huge value!
Bill Pence
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author led Catalyst, a movement of young leaders for 12 years. He writes of needing to take a sabbatical which caused him to re-think his leadership. In this book he writes about 20 key transformational leadership habits, organized under the headers Humble, Hungry and Hustle. With each leadership habit, he offers helpful and practical suggestions on how to cultivate each habit from both from himself and others (pastors, leaders, authors) who he quotes liberally throughout the book.

He writes
Simone
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book on leadership. It has great advice on values, which are (in my opinion) largely missing in a vast majority of large & small businesses today. It seems all anyone cares about is money and how much they can get out of you. That IS one reason why we enter the business world as owners (to provide a better life for our family), but for me, it was not the only reason. Besides, I had an advocate in my corner, namely, my spouse.

We hope to provide a service to our community
Curtismchale
There always seems to be a certain set of principles that the successful entrepreneurs and business owners around us have. Coming out of a sabbatical, Brad Lomenick, had a list of 20 such habits that he broke down in to three main groupings. Hungry, Humble, Hustle.

Overall the book is a quick read. The habits are well spelled out and they have interesting supporting encouragement from other leaders at the end of each chapter. It's a very quotable book that will give you some good inspiration on
Jordan Brown
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Brad Lomenick, former president of Catalyst, shares wise advice from his experience in leadership. Each chapter is practical and easy to grasp. Would recommend for those interested in a self-help/business book.

Favorite Quotes:

"I would rather fail at pursuing my calling with courage and passion than succeed at something that doesn't really matter."

"People would rather follow a leader who is always real versus a leader who is always right. Don't try to be a perfect leader, just work on being an
Joseph Mok
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fungai Tichawangana
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are so many things that leaders need to remember to do that it's sometimes overwhelming. The key word in this book is 'habits.' Lomenick summarises many key skills and practices that need to become part of every leader's daily routine. He has put these together based on interactions with some of the top managers and business people out there. For me, areas of weakness like 'partnership' and 'team building' stuck out and hit home as needing immediate attention. If you're a new leader who ...more
Kelly
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Read this book for my work's book club! A book of the journey of the author taking a sabbatical and reflecting on what makes a great leader and how to prioritize the important stuff of life. The book is organized by topic - habits that make you successful and includes notes and blurbs from other successful people. The book includes great reminders to help one think through what it takes to be a good leader and just good person in general. The book didn't necessarily teach me anything ...more
Joy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an incredible leadership book! The philosophy of being humble, staying hungry, and always hustling is one that can be applied in so many different situations, job titles, and passions.

While there are plenty of practical take aways, my favorite aspect was the collaboration that went into this book. Brad Lomenick seamlessly worked in other influential leaders' advice and opinions to all the points he made. He's a credible source to gain information from on the subject, but the added
Thegazzardian
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like the concept of this book - these are three attributes I feel lead to strong leadership. But in terms of execution, I wasn’t hugely sold. I felt like the author padded each section with personal anecdotes and quotes from others. There were various nuggets of wisdom that I liked, but there was a lot of irrelevant stuff to wade through. If this had been a blog post that boiled down the essence of what the author was getting at, I think I would have got just as much out of it, in less time.
Lynnluis Colon
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! A great way to combine leadership principles. Every chapter was packet with wisdom and actionable steps. This was a book that I could not put down and was sad to have finished. It was one I was eager to share with everyone I encountered. Brad is vulnerable, honest and authentic. This book is filled with stories from other leaders and practical strategies for anyone trying to grow.
Ellen Chang
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good tidbits and quotes. Favorite parts are the summaries at the end from a leader, and also at the end of the book of what leaders struggle with. Wasn’t as in-depth as I would’ve liked it - a bit shallow, as I would’ve much liked examples from organizations/other leaders versus his personal memoir.
Troy Farley
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who are YOU becoming

The walls only stand if the foundation is strong.

My favorite part of the book is how he leans on leaders from all different careers to share at the end of each chapter on how they execute what he just talked about.

Would be a great book to go through for leadership development with your team.
Jean-Francois Jutras
Great tidbits

I enjoyed this book it offered a lot of useful and applicable items. I find leadership books can hard to go through if they are not focused on the topics. Brad breaks down his thoughts in bite sized pieces and let’s the reader digest the material easily. I did find that the book dragged on a bit, for a leaders book I also found that it was based more on experience.
Matt Neff
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read!

Brad Lomenick has such great content and this book is a must read.

His teaching on identity, calling and assignment is brilliant!

It will help you stay focused and set you free from a lot of negative thinking and wrong perceptions you may have about yourself.
Christine Einsel Haba
I was a little apprehensive with the book since it did have some faith-focused advice that I’m not into, but he wrote it properly enough that you could skip those parts and still get the very valuable information he provided. Very educational book with a lot of common-sense practices.
Ben
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leadership
This was a very helpful read at the time I read it. Some of the things in this were simple, no-brainers, and similar to other leadership books. However, there is some gold in this book as well, especially for younger leaders. Definitely recommend it!
Jay Zartman
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super organized with how the chapters flow and I enjoyed all the different peoples opinions and direction at the end of each chapter. Great book to go back to and read later for guidance on a particular topic.
PD
I finally got around to a long enough car ride to finish this book. Some helpful things discussed and a good book to read through once.

But it felt like a blog series or a twitter feed. Buying the hard copy might be better to have access to anecdotes and quotes.
Stephen David Munley
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is great in that it is thorough. It’s great in that it has many lists. It’s weak in that all the lists and quotes can become too much and actually disengage you. Still, it is useful to read and use it as a prompt for conversation and reflection.
Casey Carr
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great! It has very applicable practices that can be used by everyday leaders or the elite leaders.

Only downfall was a consistent reference to God. Which is understandable given the leader’s role. However, it did feel like I was excluded from certain portions due to it.
Russell
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lomenick charts his experience going through a sabbatical from Catalyst and in the process takes readers on a journey of self-disvovery in this book. This reading has faith based undertones and encourages readers to prioritize reflective thinking and thoughtful action.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority
  • The Power of a Positive Team: Proven Principles and Practices That Make Great Teams Great
  • Didn't See It Coming: Overcoming the Seven Greatest Challenges That No One Expects and Everyone Experiences
  • For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women
  • Winners Dream: A Journey from Corner Store to Corner Office
  • Developing the Leader Within You 2.0
  • Leading on Empty: Refilling Your Tank and Renewing Your Passion
  • Leaders Eat Last
  • Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable...about Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business
“True success means helping others be successful, and getting ahead means helping others get ahead. Creating wins for others is more fun, and ultimately very strategic.” 1 likes
“• HUMBLE: “Who am I?” • HUNGRY: “Where do I want to go?” • HUSTLE: “How will I get there?” 1 likes