Start by marking “Just Kiss Me” as Want to Read:
Just Kiss Me

Just Kiss Me

New York Times bestselling author Rachel Gibson returns with this dazzling love story filled with sizzle, sass, and just a bit of southern charm...

"Hello, Ms. Vivian . . . it's been a long time."

And with those words, Vivian Leigh Rochet nearly melted. It's been years since she last saw Henry Whitley-Shuler. She was a teenager scrubbing houses for a living. He was the gorge
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Just Kiss Me, please sign up.
Dobby0390 According to her facebook page, the new release date is TBD. According to the Harper Collins page (http://pr.harpercollins.com/books/Jus...), the…moreAccording to her facebook page, the new release date is TBD. According to the Harper Collins page (http://pr.harpercollins.com/books/Jus...), the release date is Dec 15, 2016. Looks like maybe some time next year? I'm taking my disappointed little self over to the corner for some whimpering while I wait.(less)

Alp
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25/5

Wholly wonderful!

It seemed like forever, waiting to get around to reading this book. Of course, I was so excited to start it, and it didn't disappoint me! The story started with The Diary of Vivien Leigh Rochet, which I found very cute and funny. By the end of chapter 2, I was completely hooked and it kept me reading right through to the end.

As a Rachel Gibson fan, I notice that most of her books I’ve read are well above par and they always make my day. Just Kiss Me is no exception. Despit
Irena
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Gibson is a well-known author to romance readers. She has several books out and, as it seems to me, a decent fan base.
I only read few of her books (Nothing But Trouble is my favorite and if you haven't, I highly recommend you to read it) and from what I read, I can see why this author is the one that readers keep coming back to.
When doing my research I noticed some bloggers saying that Gibson's books are perfect to get you out of the reading slump. Even though I haven't been in one when r
Kat Valentine
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
just kiss me is a good read with a good storyline. i love this writer but this book didnt have her usual passion between he main characters.vivien and henry seemed to not have the great chemistry that most of gibson's couples do. their are some really good parts and the diary enteries were funny as hell!!!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Vivien, the chubby, weird teenager always wanted out of Charleston. She wanted to be a famous Hollywood star and make all those idiots at her school and at home jealous.
Now, 30 years old, she’s back in town to take care of her late mom’s affairs.
And yes, she’s made it in Hollywood. But being back home is still weird.
Weirder still is the guy in workmen’s clothes at her mom's house.
Henry Whitley-Shuler – the son of the house. The house Vivien and her mom used to clean. They used to live in their
Didi
2.5-3 STARS

I've enjoyed RG's books before, they have a way of wrapping you up and falling for the couples plight right along with them.
This book oozed potential. Vivien was the poor, chubby girl who helped her mom clean her employers lavish home. She didn't have much, except big dreams of sticking it to the old money, snobby community she despised. That included Henry Whitley-Shuler. He was the brooding, mysterious eldest son of her moms employer, Nonnie. Returning to Charleston as a successful
Jacob Proffitt
This story is a real mess. In pretty much every dimension. Vivian is a mess of contradictions with a life and lifestyle I never did fully buy. Henry ditto, actually, and in largely the same way. I never escaped the feeling that they were both floating through the story touching down now and then for a scene but never with a purpose or goal or anything. It doesn't help that I never got any sense of chemistry between them or a sense of why they'd end up together or be good for one another.

And it
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
2.5 out of 5 stars

If you've been following our blog for a while, chances are you probably know that I'm a huge fan of Rachel Gibson. I've read every single book of hers, most of them I've re-read a few times and my favorites have been re-read more than 5 times. I just love her books. She's the queen of adult contemporary romance and every time I'm in a book slump, I always turn to a Rachel Gibson book to get me out of it, and it never fails. I had been in this terrible book slump where I hadn't
Anna
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars some years ago and 5 stars now.
What a beautiful heartwarming story. Good characters, interesting plot.
Safe
No cheating, no OP scenes.
Faithful both of them.
Robin
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Upon learning of her mother's death, Hollywood actress Vivien Leigh Rochet hurried back to her South Carolina home. There she found everything the same as when she left several years ago...everything except Henry Whitley-Shuler. Henry and his brother grew up on the same property as Vivien. Their rich parents owned the property and Vivien's mother cleaned the big house. While growing up, Henry was Vivien's nemesis. Now he is a shoulder to lean on while she is dealing with her mother's funeral. An ...more
Anita
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-la-city, audio
I needed an audio book to get me through a whole house clean before my out-laws descend for a week. Nothing beats an audio book to keep you company while doing mindless cleaning. Overall, it is a sweet love story with a hint of mystery/suspense. My only complaint is that it was more narrative than I like in my books. I much prefer when the characters interact than being told about their interaction. Nice love story with just a touch of "Sabrina".

Vivian Leigh Rochet grew up in the backyard of the
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Anne OK
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Worthy of being called a fun-to-read story. I've been reading Rachel Gibson's books for years -- and for the most part really enjoyed them -- with the exception of the last handful. Her latest is an interesting storyline with the southern heritage and attitudes. The characters were entertaining for the most part and the story intriguing and one that had great potential if an extra dose of depth had been included. For the most part, I didn't NOT enjoy this latest from RG, I just felt it needed mo ...more
Cheri
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice heartwarming story with a little intrigue. I liked both the H&h as well as the other characters...even the Mantis :)
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/08/review-...

Favorite Quote:
Things To Buy When I’m Rich List:
-Pink candy house
-My own ice cream store
-Beeper-Momma says only drug dealers have beepers-as if!
-A pool
-A rabid monkey to bite Henry.

Vivien Leigh Rochet (the brat) has reached the pinnacle of success as a Hollywood actress just like she always dreamed. When she learns her momma has passed away, she drops everything and returns home for the funeral. Seeing the wealthy family she
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Not my favorite Rachel Gibson book, but I still overall liked it and found it entertaining. I liked that there was a lot of history between the hero and the heroine, but there were a LOT of skeletons in those closets too. All I'm going to say is: I knew and I saw that coming. I know I kept listening to this one, because I had to see if I was right about what they all were hiding, but I thought the diary entries were a little odd. The more I learned about Henry and understood him
Danielle
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Before I get into the review I wanted to note that while the blurb says the characters are Harrison and Vivian in the review copy they are Henry and Vivien while I don't think it's a big deal I hope the publisher will fix this before release.

What I loved about Just Kiss Me was the humor and that's definitely something you can count on in Gibson's novels. In this story we meet Vivien as an adult who is a successful actress but we also get to know the thirteen year old girl through her Dear Diary
Dee
Although an easy read I felt RG could have done a better job and written it better with more depth - I liked both H & h but didn't love them and didn't feel any sexual tension between them, to me they came across more like friends than lovers. The ending is a bit rushed and would have liked more content, I did however love the excepts of Vivien's diary written when she was in her teens and loved the final entry that Vivian wrote as an adult.

Despite all it's flaws I did still enjoy it, well m
Marulett
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Buddy read with Aly

Lovely story, a tad telenovela but really good :)
Susan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good book and a fun read. It starts out with excerpts from the diary of thirteen year old Vivien, with all the teenage drama that implies. We hear about the boys in the "big house", the sons of the woman that her mother works for. Vivien has a bit of a chip on her shoulder and it comes out in the way she talks about them all. Her descriptions of them are vivid and it is easy to see things from her point of view. There are similar excerpts throughout the book.

It then switches to present day,
Katie(babs)
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Just Kiss Me by Rachel Gibson is a Contemporary romance with a Chick-Lit feel, including a soap opera all wrapped into one. There are many secrets that come out after the death of the heroine’s mother, and her love/hate relationship with the family her mother worked for. The heroine is at times a contradiction, whereas the hero is the typical type of hero you would find in this type of romance, although their romance is a bit tepid and their chemistry does seem rushed.

Vivian is a big time celebr
♥ℳelody
Was an ok 3 stars until the last 20% with the lame melodrama. Went from thinking the heroine Vivian was decent & whatever to just annoying, selfish and immature with how she handled the fallout. (view spoiler) That's always a trigger for me, (view spoiler) ...more
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

ARC received from: Netgalley

Rating: 3*

Chemistry: Low Boil

One-Sentence Summary: A Hollywood actress re-enters her old life when she goes back home

Review: Rachel Gibson is one of the queens of contemporary romance and her new releases nowadays are few and far between. However, no matter how long I have to wait, I'm almost guaranteed to tune in.

From the get-go I felt instantly transported to the South where there are still such things as carriage houses and where family honour is everything.
Heidi Rice
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: preorder-only
05/14/2015 -- I preordered this one a few months ago and today my preorder was cancelled by the publisher via Amazon. That can't be good?? Hope this author is okay. Hope its just the book and not something more personally serious.
Anne-Marie
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh.

Relatively short for Rachel Gibson’s standards. Novella format.

It didn’t wow me. It seemed to be inspired by Sabrina. That movie with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart way back when and remade later in a more modern version. Loved the original. So the premise was fun, but it never took it anywhere special.
Limau Nipis
Vivian and Henry, a mediocre love story, with a southern accent.

I think I expected great things with Rachel Gibson because she usually delivers. Hence, this one seems mediocre at most, albeit a light rom com read.

The chemistry between the hero and heroine was so-so, and I find both parents life were much more interesting than them.

If you have some spare time, please do read this. Else, maybe you can try another Rachel Gibson's novels.
Janja
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Maybe it would be better if i could feel the chemistry between tha main H/h.
Leila bibliofagos

This wasn't a bad book per se.
See? I can be nice!

Look...plainly put? I hated this book. From the plot to the characters to the relationships to the dialogue to the deus ex machina to the-ARGH!
I wanted everyone to shut up.
I wanted it to be good! Like Rachel Gibson's other book that I liked. Don't remember the name right this moment (and I'm too lazy to look it up). It had a nice feel. You got all angsty and shit just reading it. And the enemies to lovers thingy (yes I love this trope way to much
Holly Smith
Rachel Gibson's earlier books were some of the first contemporary romance that I read and I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed those. I loved Vivien Leigh's diary entries. They shined a lot of light on the character, who she was and why. You could feel her sass through the words. The nickname Mantis for Nonnie made me laugh. The twist in the book gave me a good shock. Great read.
Krystal
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I read about 80% of this book and I just could not connect with the characters. It just wasn't for me.

• The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Christmas Brides
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Forged in Dreams and Magick (Highland Legends, #1)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Love Me (Take a Chance, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man (MacLachlan Family & Friends, #9)
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
“A weathered cork sat inside the box lined with green velvet. It had turned a darker brown and was a little shriveled, but the name Moet & Chandon was still clearly visible.

Vivien reached inside and pulled out her mother's cork. The one she'd searched for in the bed of red impatiens. To anyone else, it was nothing. Just a weathered piece of nothing. To Vivien, it was everything.”
0 likes
“Tea without sugar just wasn’t done. Or at least not talked about in polite society. Like French kissing your first cousin.” 0 likes