Start by marking “The Braille Club” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

(The Braille Club #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  75 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Welcome to the Braille Club, where blindfolds are mandatory and members play sensual games of pleasurable endurance. Three couples take part in this exclusive, secret club for very different reasons…with very different results.

Benedict Harrison was a master of detachment…

Benedict’s first experience with the Braille Club changed his life forever when a mysterious woman reaw
Published November 26th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Braille Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Braille Club

Angel
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel is above all else, (despite the sensuous tone of the novel), is about relationships and the interaction between believable characters and them seeking to explore other avenues in their lives to pique their interests. The couples seek something beyond the mundane and unburdening themselves of that and they seek out "The Braille Club." This is about the eagerness to connect, or to reconnect with each other, with themselves as individuals by connect through the senses finding out what ma ...more
Renee Kelley
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The dynamic between Benedict and Siena was very interesting. I don't want to give away any spoilers. However, I would say I don't think I've read a story where the heroine was quite so complex and complicated at times. Siena's intricate layers made the story so intriguing. Thank you J.A. Kerr for giving me a wonderful story.
Heather
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, I just finished reading a strangely fantastic, amazingly unique, particularly interesting book. Breathless and wanting more would be the best way to describe how The Braille Club by J.A. Kerr left me feeling. Suffice to say, I have been introduced to a new world, so to speak, and I would love to be invited in.

Kerr’s novel is alluring and gives readers an intimate look at a lifestyle that many would see as taboo. Each chapter provides a new tidbit of information about The Braille Club and i
Bill Ward
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a sensuous book, which deals with romance, relationships and sex but tackles these subjects from the opposite end of the spectrum to Fifty Shades! This is not a piece of erotica although some scenes are undoubtedly quite erotic. The author has imagined a club where people come to have their senses tantalised and awakened by being blindfolded and made to sit without moving while experiencing sensations that will arouse and excite them. It is often said that men are driven by visual stimul ...more
Mark Kasniak
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erotic thrillers are not the genre I usually read, in fact, the Braille Club was my first in this style. But, I can now say definitively that it won’t be my last. I absolutely loved the Braille Club! Right from the start of this book, JA Kerr sets the tone with an intense erotic scene between her characters of Anna and Guy, and the book takes off from there.

Set around an up and coming underground night club, the Braille Club is all about bringing its members the highest levels of experience in s
Jane Hunt
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter
Exclusivity, exploitation of sensory deprivation, to heighten sexual pleasure and non- negotiable rules define ‘The Braille Club’ but sensually written erotic romance is only one facet of this complex story.
The club’s owner is an enigma. Benedict Harrison has many of the personality traits of the modern day Sherlock Homes. He is frighten
Chris Douthit
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Braille Club is a novel that truly delivers. Right out of the gate the story pulls you in when Will and Benedict go into this party, more like a game, where they have to wear blindfolds and get tied to a chair. They are then teased in a sexual way, but if they move they move their hands they lose and will be asked to leave. It is very arousing. The party an event the characters cannot forget and want very much to experience again.

Fast forward ten years Benedict will stop at nothing to meet
Martin Perks
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can’t say I’m really a fan of erotic fiction, or fifty shades and all that. I’m all for sex but these days there’s too much sex for sex’s sake. But there are a few who do it well and tell a great story as well, ie Sadie Matthews. And the Braille Club definitely falls into this category. . It’s the story of a club, where the members are blindfold and find each other by their other senses. It has a great assortment of characters, who discover or rediscover each other. Great characterisation, the ...more
Tracey Brown
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a big surprise and not what I expected, I really loved it .
The author gives you more about the braille club in each chapter and the story weaves between a diverse mix of characters. This is a sensual read but it is well written and not erotica without giving spoilers it's a book about the people involved in the club and there varied journey s in life and love .
I don't think I have read a story quite like this one ,I did take a while to get used to switching between the past, prese
Raychel Faulkner
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
I couldn't not stop reading The Braille Club, it pulled me in from start to finish. The characters are very developed, it was like peeling an onion just to get to a more fascinated layer of the character. The storyline has flashbacks to the past but everything flows nicely and it enhances the story. This book is packed with suspense, drama, love, sex and so much more. It's original, fresh and a nice different read. I look forward to book 2.
Lindsey Kramer
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was steamy and a great read. Being visually impaired myself this book was right up my alley. I could literally feel everything that was going on in this book and I loved it. I can't stop raving about this book. I want to read more work by this author and experience what I did with this book.
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and it will not be the last. This is a well written and fascinating story. The main characters Benedict and Siena are interesting, and have a complicated but passionate relationship.
This story is not about a sex club as such, it is written in the theme of sexual experience. I will be reading more of this authors work in the future.
Ana Rita
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I, for some time, wanted to have read this series and when an opportunity arose I did not hesitate. I was very happy to have the chance to read this series and every word I read made me become more and more anxious.
J. A. Kerr is a new author to me and I can say that I enjoyed a lot the way she tells this story. The way she writes is simple and catchy, and the fact that the book is narrated in the third person makes it different as if she was reading just for me.
"The Braille Club" explores the st
Cally
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved this book in return for my honest opinion.

This is the first time that i have read from this author and wont be the last and i cant wait for book 2 already.....

This book draws you in from page one. The story starts 10 years before hand back in 2002. Bennedict Harrison and his friend Will go to a party where little does Benedict know that his first experienced will change his life forever. Benedict is a master of detachment.

Once they arrive they are told to sit in a chair where they are
Kathleen
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Braille Club referred to in the title of this book is an exclusive, luxurious, private club dedicated to sensory and sexual richness. Members agree to be blindfolded and loosely bound before being sensually stimulated. The catch is that any movement the client makes will make the bell on the cuffs ring, effectively ending the session. Erotic tension increases along with the need to control it.

The club format allows the author to explore the role of sex, love, and power in several different
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2016-read
This was such a different read for me - and not just because it was primarily based in the UK. Luckily I already knew all of the terminology and what they mean in the US. There are a lot of characters, and I actually took notes in order to keep everyone straight. (This was essential for me, my reading style and comprehension/retention.)
The story goes back and forth between present, past and future. This was done surprisingly well. I say surprisingly because I have not seen it done with a seamle
Judy
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where you read a few pages and you're trying to acclimate yourself and then it hits you where this story is going and you're like....wait! what?! lol Had to go back and start over because I wanted to make sure I read it correctly. That's when I was hooked!!

Our story begins when Benedict along with his friend, Will, go to a Braille party years ago. He didn't know what a Braille party was and confusion grew when he was handed a blindfold. He was anxious, to say the least
Rebecca Austin
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book dives into a hidden world of a secret exclusive club that is run by Benedict Harrison after he once attended a Braille Club and never gave up looking for the girl he never saw.

The book goes from the past to the future and looks into the lives of 4 key people - Benedict Harrison, Sienna Waters, Gabriella Ballantyne and Abbey. Each of them are linked to the Braille Club but for different reasons, which the book explores.

I did find it difficult to get into the book but did enjoy it once I
Joy D. Fanning
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

Even though this story isn't one I would normally go for, aka, not sci-fi or fantasy, I was intrigued by the idea of this club and the different characters it seemed to be about. I'm so glad I gave this book a chance! Not only is it well written, but the story moves forward at a steady pace. The flashbacks are concise and easy to follow and don't take away from the present story but are so well placed they help add to it.

The tens
Nikole Bloom
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
J.A. Kerr has penned a very elegant story in The Braille Club. The Braille Club exists for people to test their sexual endurance through heightened pleasure. The story follows the experiences of three separate couples and their different reasons for visiting the exclusive club.

The three couples motives for escaping to the unique club vary. Gabriella and Max are an older couple in need of rejuvenation in their sex life. Abbey, who is married to Steve, is looking for a way to feel good about herse
Books Laid Bare
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m not sure what exactly I have just read but I have to say it is probably one of the most interesting books that I have read lately.
The Braille Club was so different to anything that I have read that actually writing a review is not an easy task. The author was able to produce a story that was as enticing as it was intimate. It was deliberately evasive, it intimated and encouraged me to reach for fact and conclusions, all the while hiding just enough to break my train of thought.
The story didn
C.L. McGrath
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok...so from the very begining i knew there was book two, so I knew i was going to be up for a cliff hanger of some sort. Which normally I don't love, but in this case i kind of felt like there was no other option or else Kerr would have been trying to sell a 800 page novel. The cliff hanger wasnt the worse kind either. You kind of had a feeling it was coming. Does it make me wanna buy the other book? You bet it does...and I already have. Well played J.A Kerr.
The story is really interesting, I r
Mona Livsey
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Braille Club is an excellently written story with a wonderful collaboration of intricate storylines intertwined to create an amazing adventure.
I found the Braille Club an exciting journey through unknown territory that was tremendously gratifying.
Sienna, the beautiful mind that created a world that was extended and furthered by Benedict. Two creative entities that found one another in what seemed a different dimension. Many years after the Original Braille Party that opened Benedict's eyes t
Dawn
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free ecopy and I am receiving a small fee for an honest review.

J.A. Kerr has created a unique private club called the Braille Club and has built several stories of couples who are members of the club.

The way this story is written is interesting. Some of the stories are in the present and some are in the future. There are also flashbacks to the past. While this could have been confusing, the author pulls it off and the story actually flows well. I also liked the blurbs at the beginni
Lilly James
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is erotic and hot, but not in the way you may think. The writing is sexy, captivating and I could not stop reading. The Braille Club is a secretive, exclusive club where members get to experience sensual, sensory activities, and that is putting it lightly. What I loved about this story was it switched to different couples throughout, and we get to follow their experience at The Braille club, and their lives. Each couple are different, exciting and their stories are all incredibly intri ...more
S. Valentine
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author’s debut novel is great! Her writing is captivating, completely flawless, and descriptive enough to the point that you feel you’re there. Several couple visit The Braille Club to ignite the passion in their relationships, or out of pure curiosity. The Braille Club itself sounds glamorous, and before every chapter you get a glimpse of the club, and how it works. My favourite couple was obviously the charming and handsome Benedict. I also like Siena, so rooted for their happiness. I dis ...more
Jo
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have read many of my reviews, you will know that I enjoy a good romance. I don't mind too much if they're adult content. And this book looked right up my street. The blurb promised so much. And I really, really wanted to love it. But I didn't quite get there.

The notion of the club was an intriguing premise, and we were treated to tantalising glimpses of the erotic nature of the story. I wasn't keen on the cheating element, though I could have got past that. But for me, the main issue was
Bobbie Wood
The premise of this story is amazing. I was hooked on the book description right from the beginning. Once I started reading it, I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it. The story jumps from the past, present and different couples with such a high frequency that it makes it hard to keep straight. Not my type of story. I don't like to read stories that I feel like I need to take notes just to keep it all straight. But I am stubborn. I have to finish every book I start. I am glad I did finish it ...more
Amy Shannon
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erogenous to the Senses!

I read the second book before I read this one, and this one did not disappoint. I did not need to read them in order to understand the characters or the concept of the Braille Club. However, I loved Benedict's experience at the Braille party that led him to the creation of the Braille Club. It also leds to so much more. This book is sexy and erotic, but its so much more than that. It hits the senses, and makes the reader so aware of the characters and the entanglement tha
Rose Gluck
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Braille Club was great. It was so well written and compelling from page 1. The premise of the book was so intriguing to me. I loved the sexy, secret and elite club. The patrons are seduced Ito an erotic restraint that sets the atmosphere for the book. The protagonist, full of painful secrets and withholding, finds himself endlessly yearning for an anonymous Braille Club guest, a woman whose face and name was unknown to him. The scenes in the club are sensual with a little bit of an unsettlin ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Bear Watching
  • Moments in Time (Moments in Time #1-3)
  • Because of Jade (Vasquez & James #5)
  • Ice Born (The Texas Kaldr Clan, #1)
  • Found and Bought (Assassin's Revenge, #1-2)
  • Stepbrother Studs: Cameron
  • When the Planets Align
  • Time and Tide
  • Abuse: The Complete Trilogy (Abuse, #1-3)
  • My romantic comedy - Once upon a time (Book 1)
  • Deep Blue: The Complete Series (Deep Blue, #1-3)
  • Accidentally Hooked (The Naked Truth, #1)
  • Power Struggle
  • Fidelity
  • A Superior Slave (Ganymede Quartet, #0.5)
  • SPECTR: The Complete First Series (Spectr, #1-6)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Between Brothers
Reading, film and theatre have always been my escape and inspiration. I always had the Braille Club Book Series in my head, it was getting it down on paper that was the tricky bit!
When I set out to write these books, I wanted to create something that mirrored exactly the kind of books I like to read. My top picks are always originals, featuring strong male and female protagonists with attitude. Be

The Braille Club (4 books)
  • The Braille Club Unbound (The Braille Club #2)
  • The Braille Club Undone (The Braille Club #3)
  • The Braille Club Reborn