Start by marking “The Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters, #16)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters, #16)

The Forgotten

(Krewe of Hunters #16)

Murdered by a dead man?

A woman named Maria Gomez is murdered in Miami, apparently by her husband—who'd been presumed dead, slain by a crime boss. FBI agent Brett Cody can't believe it; dead or alive, the man had loved his wife. He also can't help feeling guilty, since he was responsible for protecting Miguel and Maria Gomez.

A few miles away, Lara Mayhew has just begun wo
Published July 28th 2015 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgotten

Laura Agnella
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Have you ever gotten stuck in a book series and each time a new installment comes out, you have to grab it right away? Even though you know that every book in the series follows the same pattern? You know there will be a happy ending, boy gets girl or vice versa, and the mystery is solved, but you still keep reading? The Krewe of Hunters books are that series for me. Now, it might seem from what I wrote above that these books may not be good but that is not the case at all. I actually love them! ...more
☕️Kimberly
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Five reasons to grab The Forgotten

Zombies! It seems the dead are back and killing those they love. Yep-this case was very intriguing and intense.
Dolphins! I love these beautiful, intelligent creatures and we befriend one brilliant dolphin.
A slow-burning romance in sunny Miami Florida filled with snark, witty banter and a little heat. Graham did an excellent job of making me fall for Brett and Lara.
While the Krewe is called in (Matt and Meg), Brett is not actually Krewe. I cannot remember
Fred
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Krewe of Hunters (team) are researching clues of female body parts brought up by "Cocoa" the Dolphin (Lara Mayhew is now working at dolphin research facility). It was difficult to follow the clues in determining the murderer. In addition, the FBI agent Brett Cody was protecting Miguel and Maria Gomez - Maria Gomez is found dead and the murderer must be found. The book did not flow as smooth as desired.
Jessica
I thought this series would eventually get old, but here I am on book 16! I really enjoyed this one. Heather Graham described Miami very well, and I liked the role that the dolphin research facility played in the plot. The crime itself involved a notorious crime ring and “zombies” killing their loved ones. Heather Graham also worked in some interesting information on Miami’s Haitian community.

This book was lighter on the paranormal elements - ghosts are present in the story at critical moments,
Dez Nemec
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Someone else mentioned how formulaic this series is - and that is totally true. But that doesn't stop them from being entertaining!
Aparna
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal elements, historical flair and the romantic side of the plot.

The Forgotten is the sixteenth book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in July of 2015. The plot is centered around Brett Cody - FBI Agent - and Lara Mayhew - working at the dolphin research facility. The plot is set in Miami, FL, 3 weeks after the events of the previous book, The Silenced.

This forms the second book in the third
Lesa
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series, as I am, here's a warning. Don't read my review unless you've already readThe Silenced. Graham's latest suspense novel in the series, The Forgotten, includes some of the same characters, and it will spoil The Silenced if you haven't read it. For those who are going on with the review, The Forgotten is as fascinating as all the other books in the series.

After horrifying events in her life, Lara Mayhew has changed careers, and her last n
Vanessa
"The Forgotten," the latest installment of Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series, brings us to Miami when a man comes home...and kills his wife. Agent Brett Cody, who'd known the dead man, takes the wife's murder to heart, and vows to find out the truth about why Maria Gomez was killed. Meanwhile, Lara Mayhew has come to a dolphin sanctuary in Miami for a new start. And her new life begins with a bang when one of the sanctuary's dolphins brings her a present: a dead man's finger. So begins a ...more
Sharon
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars

I admit to being a trifle disappointed in this latest entry in the "Krewe of Hunters" series. It seems as though author Heather Graham was just in too much of a hurry to put zombies into her story and get in on the latest supernatural literary trend.

Lara Mayhew, who was in the previous book ("The Silenced") is the main character here. She's in Florida, working for Sea Life, a marine mammal sanctuary, as their PR liaison. One of the dolphins, Cocoa, has taken a particular liking to her
Books and Spoons
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even though I am not a big fan of paranormal genre, I have been intrigued by this series, and how the ghosts are communicating with the FBI agents, and helping out with the cases.
With this story at first, the whole zombie attack was a bit much to me, but as the evidence is revealed, and more information comes forward, including medical evidence, of what really seemed to happen, it all got more fascinating by every page.
The mystery is alluring, so many questions that need answers.
The suspense sid
Adite
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is the first book I have read by Heather Graham, the multiple award winning romantic suspense author. And honestly speaking, it left me cold.

The premise is intriguing enough...a woman is murdered by her husband who is supposed to have been killed by the mafia. Even as FBI agent Brett is investigating the case more such murders by 'dead men' are revealed and the media goes ballistic about 'zombie attacks'. Meanwhile, Lara who has just started working at Sea Life, a dolphin research facility
Catherine
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Heather Graham and the Krewe Hunters. In the Forgotten, a dolphin is the real hero. The murders are gross and two FBI agents help solve the case. It is easy to get caught up in these murder mysteries. And of course there is always a happy love connection. I have six more of this series lined up to read.
BJ
This is another of the Krewe of Hunter series and it was much better than the last one. The story takes place in Miami and the area surrounding Biscayne Bay. Much of it is set at a Dolphin facility where you can go to swim with the Dolphins and concerns one of the secondary characters from the last in this series. Enjoyable and fast read.
Kerry
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Latest installment to the Krewe of Hunters series. This one provided much needed grit and roughness to Graham's enjoyable yet predictable writing. They cursed! Zombies and cadaver rescuing dolphins made for an interesting read. Looking forward to #17
Donna Barrett
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the Krewe series. Every book introduces a new agent. Nice storyline featuring the dolphins.
Beth
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite . Not as interesting. Not that interested in the main characters. One throw-away crazy. And the zombi idea should have been scary, but it was not.
Judy Hall
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lara Mayhew is recovering well from the horrific living nightmare that had her the prisoner of a serial killer, locked naked in the darkness. She has left Washington DC and relocated to the Miami area where she has become the Public Relations Directors for a marine life facility. Her new best friend is Cocoa, one of the female dolphins at the facility. Cocoa has taken such a liking to her that the researchers have asked her to learn how to work with her. In their very first training session, dur ...more
Veronica
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I honestly just drove into this novel straight from the previous. Graham's structure of writing hasn't changed and thats alright by me!

My first note was around halfway through in regards to the topic. This novel brought up Voodoo and I was hoping for my girl Whitney from the first novel series to return. She's my favorite and we have yet to have her return.

The other thing I noticed about 3/4 of the way through was that we didn't reference the spirits/ghosts as much in this novel. Very sparingly
Dallass
I read The Forgotten before picking up The Silenced and I’m so glad I did as rather than seeing Lara as that almost broken woman she had been, instead my first introduction to her was of a fun and vibrant woman who put a smile on the faces of everyone around her (for the most part).

Her relationship with Cocoa, the dolphin, was sweet, and I found the insistence of Cocoa to assist Lara with this weird version of fetch to be a great plot device. The way the author weaved the almost unconnected murd
Christina
Read as an audiobook performed by Phil Gigante, about 8.75 hours. The story was interesting and the involvement of folks who see the dead and some very smart non-human mammals was a plus. However, I must have missed the "romantic suspense" in the description. The romance part was a detractor rather than an enhancer. By the time I got to the end of the story, I had lost a lot of interest and it wrapped up too fast to be satisfying. Further, this was an audiobook and the narrator did not win my in ...more
Rachel
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Stars

I've read the Krewe of Hunters series out of order, BUT I'm glad I read The Silenced first, seeing that this book provides spoilers for it. If you are going to read these books, at least read The Silenced before this one. Also don't read my review because it will show spoilers for The Silenced. :)

I enjoyed this book. I liked the continuation of Lara's story, and I like that Meg and Matt were again in this one. I like the mystery part of this one- it made for an interesting story line
Marti
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
While utterly predictable, this book still made the journey a great ride with great characters and beautiful setting descriptions. This one brought in a bit of science fiction as well as of course the friendly, helpful ghosts. It also incorporated a friendly and extraordinarily intelligent dolphin as one of the important characters. If you like these genres and have liked other books in this series, you're likely to enjoy this one as well.
Linda
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The FBI are involved in a couple of murders by men who were already dead themselves or they thought they were. Lara Mayhew has moved to Miami to do PR work for Sea Life Center and found that she was good with dolphins, especially one named Cocoa. Unfortunately Cocoa retrieves a finger for her and this is where the mystery begins along with her meeting FBI Agent Brett Cody. Good read
Allen Steele
A little on the predictable side, I do like the dolphins, especially the one called CoCo. The FBI agents are believable, I guess. The Ghosts were a strange twist, but it n the end if not for the dolphin & ghost our heroine and agents would have died...yah(sarcasm) score one for the good guys.
Lisa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I give this four stars because of the dolphin input. I'm a sucker for any type of animal. The paranormal activity was still not like her other books. Miami is just not a good place for historical paranormal.
Linda
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in Miami. Brett Cody and his partner Diego McCullough are regular FBI who are working with Lara Mayhew, the girl rescued from the previous book and is friends with Kwere hunter Meg Murry. Dolphins are in this one. Oh and zombies. Love it. The end is very touching.
Emily
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow, just wow. This book was so terrible. To be fair, I normally don't read this genre, but still. Just awful. It felt like being trapped in the literary version of Scooby Doo. Not sure why I even finished reading it.
Lori
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love any book by Heather Graham! This is #16 in the Krewe Of Hunters series. Great story with a bit of twist from the other books.....ZOMBIES!

• Night Moves
  • When Darkness Falls (Alliance Vampires #2)
  • Thornlost  (Glass Thorns, #3)
  • Fear the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #16; Dark #1)
  • Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1)
  • Grave Seasons (A Maddie Graves Mystery #8)
  • Ghost in the Guacamole (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #5)
  • Razing the Dead (Museum, #5)
  • The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5)
  • Innocent Prey (Brown and De Luca, #3)
  • The Ghost of Valentine Past (Haunting Danielle #7)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • Every Step She Takes (Who's Watching Now, #2)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)