Start by marking “Just a Summer Fling (Lake Sullivan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just a Summer Fling (Lake Sullivan, #1)

Just a Summer Fling

(Lake Sullivan #1)

Sullivan Lake, Vermont, has plenty of attractions for movie star Ashley Carlsen—pristine nature, local color, and a handyman with a bad reputation for all the right reasons...

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published August 4th 2015 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Just a Summer Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Summer Fling

Ami
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books, romance
I know Cate Cameron’s other works in a different genre (M/M romance) and quite enjoy them. When I found out she was writing adult M/F romance, with small-town settings no less, I was intrigued. I wondered how she would make the transition … especially because, for the last couple of years, I found my love in M/F contemporary romance again.

Well, for my first experience (in the series too), it was a bit of hit and miss.

The hits…

I liked the hero. Josh Sullivan makes mistakes in his life – which ea
Angie Elle
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Thank you to BERKLEY and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Just a Summer Fling is a contemporary love story between a Hollywood movie star and the handy man who is reluctant to get handsy with her. I had high hopes for this book, and it was off to a good start. In the end, it fell a bit short for me.

I never connected to the main characters in the book. There were times when Ashley had me rolling her eyes. For someone who had spent a large chunk of her l
Anna's Herding Cats

7/16 This looks so cute!

7/19 Oh it was cute! Just a Summer Fling was perfect for a Summer afternoon. A hero and heroine battling their attraction and very different lives. A local handyman and an actress in town just for the Summer. Equal turns of sweet, frustrating and sexy as they grew and dealt with their differences, real life and past actions catching up with them.

Adorable animals, character growth and a lovely ending that had me all teary eyed and smiling.

Definitely looking forward to s
Pam
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hmmm - not my thing. Struggled to get through. I did not like the characters. Might give the next one a try because I liked the author's voice. She just could not sell the characters for me.
Sheyla ✎
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Ashley Carlsen is taking a well needed vacation at Lake Sullivan. She recently broke up with her boyfriend after she caught him cheating. She has been acting her whole life but she wishes to get out of romantic comedies and do something that she can be proud of. She has been staying with Jasmine, someone very influential in the Hollywood community. But, after making a fool of herself with sexy handyman Josh Sullivan with too many alcoholic drinks and a dare by Jasmine, she knows it is time to re ...more
Kassiah
3 stars. I guess.

The summary for this story is pretty spot on so I'll just tell you about my favorite thing, which wont surprise you a bit. I loved Josh! He was so swoony and sexy. I liked his character so much. I love that he was sick of being objectified. I feel like my way of thinking is changing, and this is something that really bothers me. Why is it okay for everyone to think it's perfectly acceptable for anyone to think the way to get over anything is to take a ride on the resident playbo
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Just a Summer Fling by Cate Cameron isn’t your typical opposite attracts trope story but a romance with substance and smart. She’s created a love story in which both characters are intriguing and resist their attraction for the other but then learn not to fight it but fight FOR it. Hollywood actress Ashley Carlsen is visiting Lake Sullivan, Vermont, and is a little tipsy when she propositions local handyman Josh Sullivan. He no long
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Trying to take a break and re-evaluate her life, Ashley Carlsen, movie star, heads to quiet Lake Sullivan, Vermont to relax and recharge her batteries. She needs a time-out from the demands of a busy career, one she’s been doing since she was seven years old. One of the first people she meets is local handyman hottie, Josh Sullivan. On a dare by her “friend” Jasmine McArthur, Ashley makes her move.

Josh is so tired of being a scratch for the “summer” women’s itch—especially temporary visitors li
Josephine
Feb 28, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I really disliked the heroine's motivation for approaching the hero, and her behaviour was off-putting. I didn't want him to end up with her, which really makes investing in a romance impossible. This was a DNF for me.
Becky
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Just a Summer Fling is a perfect summer's-just-getting-started kind of book. I read it over Memorial Day weekend, and the beginning had me giggling like a lunatic on the plane. Fortunately the flight wasn't at all full, so I'm pretty sure the only person who noticed was my daughter, who was one seat away. I even read her one of the parts, so we were both giggling like lunatics at one point!

Only problem? The flight from Buffalo to Baltimore is just too darn short!

Up until now I've only read Ms. C
Ellie
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Just a Summer Fling, Lake Sullivan #1, by Cate Cameron
Grade: C-

Ashley Carlsen is taking a break from her movie star life in Hollywood and trying to find some alone time at Sullivan Lake, Vermont. Dying to be taken seriously as an actress, Ashely hopes this time away with help her find a way to get her career on the path she wants it to be on. What Ashley didn’t expect to fall for the sexy local handyman Josh Sullivan. On a dare Ashley approaches Josh and finds that his reputation may not be enti
Krissys
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
Just a Summer Fling (Lake Sullivan #1)by Cate Cameron

Ashley’s movie-star life is starting to feel like an act. She’s desperate to be taken seriously, and after her boyfriend’s affair with a costar, she’s ready for a new scene. A vacation at Sullivan Lake with Hollywood power player Jasmine McArthur might be the answer to all her problems. And according to Jasmine, all Ashley needs is a hot summer fling with local stud Josh Sullivan.
After one look at the handsome handyman, Ashley has a hard time
Michelle Dare
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Ashley Carlsen is in Vermont to escape the every day stress of her life in California. She's an actress and in need a break. Staying with a friend, one night they are having fun at a bar when she makes a bet. The bet revolves around the sexy man at the bar. Ashley is a little tipsy and decides to see if this guy will go for her.

Josh Sullivan is the local handyman. A lot of stars stay on the lake in his hometown and he's there to make sure their property is well kept and repairs are made
Margaret
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC provided by NightOwlReviews

This is a first time author for me. I was excited to think i found someone new to try. I loved the initial atoeyline. But i think there cpuld be aome improvements.
Ashley is a movie star from LA on vacation. She felt ahe needed time away to figure out her next move in the acting worls. When ahe met the local handyman her would began to change. She learned that not everything revolved around her. She also fell in love.
Josh is the local handyman. He is also known for
Laina
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All my ftriends
**I received a copy of the book from the author free of charge for an honest review.**

I liked the story, it was very interesting and kept me guessing whether or not the two main characters would or wouldn't be together in the end.

However, I could've done without the Jasmine character or her husband. Neither of them seemed like good people and I was glad when both Ashley and Josh put them in their review mirror.

I liked when Ashley began to be self-aware of how she acted, and how she had been trea
Lady Lioness
I'm not sure what to say about this one. It's one of those 'it's good, but...' books. There was something that just held me back. Normally, famous star/ordinary person books are my crack, but I think this one was a bit too realistic for me. Josh was understandably hesitant about getting mixed up with Ashley and Ashley wasn't an idealized, glamorous, type of movie star.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the writing itself, as I read book two, Hometown Hero, when it became available. Just
Sabrina Bradley
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads for a honest review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book...combines all the good stuff that makes a romance book a great read. Just thought that with the way the book describes the main male character that the cover did not match...he should have had a lot more muscles but that is just my opinion. If you are looking for a good romance then this is it...
Lisa
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book on first reads.

I received this.

A nice read that is not too heavy. I like that this is one you can take on a trip or just curl up for an afternoon in the chair. Not to simple that it makes you bored easily but not too complicated so that you have to work to read it. Thank you Cate for the read.
Deb Diem
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cate Cameron's book, Just A Summer Fling is a perfect read for the summer. Just A Summer Fling is packed with drama, bits of humor, lovable characters and a little sizzle. I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more from Cate Cameron in the future. Just A Summer Fling is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.

I won a copy of this book from Goodreads.
Susanne Cutler
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-read
This was a Goodreads free book for me. I didn't love it nor did I hate it..right smack in the middle for me. It was ok. It was a typical love story, nothing compelling but well written. Would I give this author another chance..yes.
Eileen
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I really liked it. Author is new to me and it was a good story that felt fresh and new. Loved the characters and how they aren't as carefree as lead you to believe. Both have complications in their lives that they want to change and move forward. Good ending.
Alison Bliss
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A happy escape into a lovely, heartwarming story with well-drawn characters who don’t quite fit into one another’s worlds. Just a Summer Fling is a delightful lakeside romance!
JoAnne
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Cate Cameron
Jul 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
This was a fun one to write!

Ashley is a bit neurotic, but probably doing pretty well considering her background, and Josh is just stoic and strong enough to handle her!
Denise
Aug 07, 2015 added it
Another good short read with romantic (and comedic) undertones. Nice for a beach or dreary afternoon read.
Scarlett Pulsipher
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Do you ever read a book and nothing was wrong with it but nothing was remarkable either and when you finish you think "Yes, that was a book." This is that book.
Jess
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story - review to come...
Christie Davis
Jan 25, 2017
Love Reading
rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2016
Theresa
Aug 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Primal Call (Primes, #10)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • Going Sasquatch (Finnegan & Morrow #1)
  • Lovegame
  • The Beach House
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • When Someone Loves You (Darley, #2)
  • The Idea of You (Ribbon Ridge, #4)
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • The Wedding Fling (Harlequin Blaze #734)
  • One Day in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #2)
  • The Movie Star's Red Hot Holiday Fling
  • Grounded By You (A Willoughby Inn Love Story, #2)
  • It Happened One Night
  • Once Touched (Silver Creek, #3)
  • Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • Cowboy Tough
  • Spellcast  (Maggie Graham #1)

Lake Sullivan (2 books)
  • Hometown Hero (Lake Sullivan, #2)