Start by marking “Kyland” as Want to Read:
Kyland

Kyland

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  17,130 Ratings  ·  2,154 Reviews
A full-length, standalone romance from the New York Times bestselling author of Archer's Voice.

Dirt poor. Hillbilly. Backwoods hick. Mountain folk.

Tenleigh Falyn struggles each day to survive in a small, poverty-stricken, coal mining town where she lives with her sister and mentally ill mother. Her dream of winning the college scholarship given to one student by the loca
Published January 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Kyland, please sign up.
Beatriz Taurus is not his name, it's his astrological sign. Every character in the series is based on a different sign (Stinger was a Scorpio, Calder was…moreTaurus is not his name, it's his astrological sign. Every character in the series is based on a different sign (Stinger was a Scorpio, Calder was Aquarius, etc). So Kyland, assuming the book's title reflects the hero's name, will be based on the sign Taurus.(less)

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

WOW!! Mia Sheridan can do no wrong. I absolutely loved this book! A unique, deeply heart-wrenching, beautifully written story about hope, sacrifice, courage, and the endurance and strength of true love. It kept my heart racing and I could not put it down!!

There's a special anticipation you feel before starting a book by one of your favorite authors... and my heart was racing even before I started reading. I could just tell this was going to be an amazing journey.
Christy
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-audio
5 + Stars!!!

photo 34adcebb-e369-48d3-9d1c-3811f3aade38_zpsa779c71c.jpg
“Someday, when I’m living my dreams, I’m going to think of all the things that broke my heart and I’m going to be thankful for them.”

I love all kinds of books. Reading is an experience for me. And books like Kyland are my most favorite types of books to read. I want to feel. I want to be so far immersed into a story that I lose track of the time and the place I’m at because I’m completely and fully invested in the lives of my characters. This book hit me right in the feels from
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars!

I never thought there’d be a day where I would write a negative review for a Mia Sheridan book. Up to this point, I have enjoyed each of the Sign of Love books as they truly are refreshing and unique contemporary romances. But what really makes this author and her stories stand out to me is that for a reader who doesn’t really enjoy overly sweet and idealistic romances, I simply cannot get enough of her words. While I do think her stories are sappy, it’s these same stories that make me a
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I do go to hell. Every day. For you.”

photo Sophia-Bush-Cries-On-One-Tree-Hill_zpsbe96ece4.gif

Every Mia Sheridan novel I have ever read has left a small part of itself deeply impressed onto my heart, the memory of each story leaving a permanent footprint of the bouquet of emotions it stirred in me. With an uncanny talent for making readers feel so much no matter what scenario she gifts us with, I have learned to submit my mind wholeheartedly to this author’s extraordinary prose, expecting it to affect me and pierce through my composure effortless
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
99c/99p until 7/7!!!
Live * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

6 Breathtaking Stars

Kyland is a beautiful story set in Dennville, a small impoverished coal mining town that’s experienced earth shattering tragedy and is plagued by a cycle of never ending gloom and poverty where affording the essentials of food and heat is a luxury. Mia Sheridan has taken this bleak setting and laced it with hope, survival, sacrifice and beauty, the contrast providing a deeply, powerful read with heart, soul and exquisite gut
Amy | Foxy Blogs
LIVE -> http://amzn.to/1GQ8G3Z

KYLAND is an emotional story of small mining town situated in the Appalachian mountains. Survival and loneliness are the backbone of this story. Being hungry is the norm and having heat and electricity is a luxury.

A rare ray of hope for those seniors in high school is the Tyton Coal Scholarship offered each year. That scholarship is the ticket out of town.

Kyland and Tenleigh are both top candidates for the scholarship and only one of them can win it. Both have
Jasmine
3 STARS! ★★★

"Someday, when I'm living my dreams, I'm going to think of all the things that broke my heart and I'm going to be thankful for them."

No doubt that Mia Sheridan's way with words is what I loved most about her books and never fails to tug at my heartstrings but sadly, this book didn't wow-ed me as I'd expected it to be. The romance between the two MCs in this one barely managed to evoke any kind of powerful feels from me. There were some sweet fuzzy moments, the attraction and lust w
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

description

Mia Sheridan delivered a heartfelt story that was very enjoyable. This is the tale of two high school seniors who fall for one another despite both characters opposing feelings to form a relationship. The story is set in the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky. Trinleigh and Kyland are both striving for the same college scholarship which will gift one of them the chance to leave the poverty and pain of the mountain.

”Sometimes my life felt so small. And I had to wonder why those of us wh
Beverly
Kyland is the story of two impoverished teens who refuse to allow their past and socioeconomic background to dictate the future they will have.

"I think you're amazing, and so brave."

"I'm not brave, Tenleigh. I get up and live my sucky life. What else can I do?”

I don’t even have to begin to tell you how refreshing it is to read a story about young people who are choosing to overcome the stereotypes, family history and demographics. The story begins with us meeting Tenleigh. She is the younger
Brandi
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope."

description

An emotional story set in a poverty stricken area of the Appalachian mountains. For Kyland and Tenleigh, life is a struggle, for food, for warmth, and for an escape from the endless cycle. That escape comes in the form of a scholarship awarded to the top student in the class, a scholarship both Kyland and Tenleigh have spent years working toward.

description

These two form a relationship, even as Kyland tries to resist forming any attachments, love blooms.
Catarina
4 Lavender Stars.

In a small town hidden somewhere in the middle of Kentucky, one boy and one girl fight extreme poverty every day. Their only hope is one scholarship they can win and have an opportunity to escape that life and start fresh somewhere else. Until their paths crossed and they fall in love, but while for Tenleigh that love is a sign of hope, for Kyland means have a reason to stay… and he wants to go away more than he wants he next breath.
So when the time comes, one of them goes awa
Beatriz
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beatriz by: Pikolina
Me gustó. Es un libro muy emotivo, lo que tampoco es extraño al considerar las condiciones de extrema pobreza y soledad en que viven los personajes principales de la historia y, en general, casi todos los habitantes de este pequeño pueblo minero. También es una lectura muy dulce, en que el primer amor se describe con mucha intensidad y ternura. La pluma de Mia Sheridan es muy cuidada y es imposible no enamorarse de sus personajes.

Por lo mismo, el fuerte de la novela son los sentimientos que tran
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Angst whores

Four Uber-Emotional Stars.

If you asked my husband (who always seems to have a snarky comment about my emotional state during books I'm reading)..."How did Allison fare with Kyland?" You'd likely get this response from him....

photo 391E615A-95D5-4D81-81A5-036E847C9651_zpsxbitkehs.gif

Followed by, "Al, you read this for enjoyment?" Yes! Yes, I do! I love a book that makes me feel!

But I digress....  photo 9CABD14A-1C7C-46BF-B556-17CE5770C3E3_zpst8gbvmkj.jpg
Kyland is one of those books I find very difficult to rate because it's not necessarily a book a reader enjoys. It's chucked full of angst, struggle and stri
Eliza

Rating: 3-3.5 "bobcat protection" stars
Cliffhanger: Standalone
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 15CF17FE-49A1-4062-AE82-017B16812035_zpsp64hxpxv.jpg

What I enjoy most about Mia Sheridan’s storytelling is her ability to find beauty in the most tragic of situations. I found Kyland to be a story of loneliness, isolation, loss, sacrifice but above all the beauty of the human heart.

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too
Anna
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

It's safe to say I love Mia Sheridan. Her writing style is flawless ! My heart gets so involved with these stories of epic love .... I can barely cope. I went through every emotion while reading this book. This story of Kyland's love for Tenleigh will stay with me forever.

You pierced my soul. I am half agony, half hope.

Someday, when I'm living my dreams, I'm going to think of all the things
Shawna
5+ -- Beautiful, heartrending, eye-opening, unique, graceful, soul-stirring, unforgettable -- stars – Contemporary/YA/NA Romance

This book broke my heart, mended it back together, and filled it to bursting with sheer contentment and gratitude. It’s one of the best, most poignant romances I’ve read in quite a while and a definite top favorite of this year. I absolutely loved it! Another memorable, heart-tugging keeper from this gifted author!
TeriLyn

**Kyland generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

5+++ "Everyday. For You." Stars

This book was NA PERFECTION! It was just....everything.

Mia Sheridan stands as a master of her class. Her New Adult stories evoke the rawest emotions from me to the point that I'm glued to my Kindle reading her beautiful prose; laughing, crying, hurting, and peacefully rejoicing.

In Kyland Sheridan made me HURT. She made my heart race with this story of finding love in the place you belie
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ ★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Set against the backdrop of the Appalachian Mountains in a poor mining community, Tenleigh and Kyland are just two of the people trying to survive the daily drudge. Both very studious, they are competing against each other for a scholarship that will enable the winner to get out of the hopeless town and work towards a better life. A life where they wouldn't go hungry anymore and have something other than old clothes and worn down homes.

Kyland has sworn to himself that he will
Pikolina
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhhhhh que historia tan tierna, dulce y bonita ... me ha gustado muchísimo.
Tenleig y Kyland me han encantado, y Kyland .. ufff, todo generosidad .... recomendable 100% porque es una historia cortita, se lee muy bien, es sencillita, sin muchos enredos y al grano ...
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'Half agony, half hope.
Half pain, half ecstasy.
Half grief, half joy.
Half my downfall, half my savior.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tenleigh and Kyland are teens from an impoverished small town in Kentucky. Both are just barely surviving and are doing whatever it takes to make sure they continue that way. They both have dreams of one day leaving Dennville in order to hopefully live the life they never
Priya
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a day ago, but I was not able to find right words to describe this book. ( I still don't have enough words).
This book is emotional, heart wrenching, intense, sad, painful, everything, you won't miss out on any feelings reading this one.
The story was so beautifully written, though I have one complaint with time gap. I mean if you're doing a time gap then it should he divided as 50/50, not 75/25.
Whole story was build up in first half, it was detailed, intense, emotional. I wa
Rag
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Stars

photo image_zpshtuqqlxc.jpg

It seems as though all of Mia Sheridan books are rated 4 stars and up (according to me). I can't help but fall in love with her books and her amazingly developed characters. They devour me. Especial one of my all time favorite is.... Archer's Voice . That book hits me hard. No matter how many times I read that goddamn book, ill never get tiered of it. Second place scoring Leo's Chance , and my new top favorite scoring third place is Kyland .

Throughout this whole book my stomach was
Auntee
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone. Any romance lover.
I know I'm not going to do this one justice, but I'm going to try...

photo lavender_zpsvndahdxj.png

Oh...my...god...my head still hurts from the tears I shed while reading this beautiful story. I'm always a little unsure when I start a 'New Adult' book, wondering if the H/h are going to be mature enough for me to relate to. And I was doubly worried with this one, because the H/h are only 17 for over half this story, so that would put them squarely in the 'YA' category. No way could a story about 17 year-olds grab and hold my
Kirsten
3-3.5 Half agony, half hope stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpsveazjq5x.jpg

Kyland is a tale about two people destitute in life, but not in their souls. A love story filled with sacrifices.

Stuck in Dennville, a small town situated in the Appalachian Mountains, Tenleigh Falyn survives her poor life with hopes and dreams. Living in a trailer with her mother and sister, they are barely making ends meet. Besides making it day to day, Tenleigh has been spending the last four years of her high school life working hard in hopes of being awa
Jen
This was yet another wonderful read by the brilliant Mia Sheridan! There hasn't been any books that I have read of hers so far that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. Kyland was no exception..there were a few times I was very upset with where the story was going; but after read to the end I have learned to have faith!!! Things will all work out! LOL I think I need to develop some patience when it comes to my reading!!

I found the love story that developed between Kyland and Tenleigh was so heartwarmin
╰☆╮ LovesToRead ╰☆╮
I could repost the synopsis to make sure you know what the book is about, but that barely touches the surface of this story.

I could show you quotes of some of the most pivotal and heart breaking moments to lure you in, but that will fail to truly paint the beauty of this story.

I can talk about how amazing this author is, but that will never come close to the reality of that statement.

Instead I sit here completely floored and emotionally raw, while this beautiful, heartbreaking, gut wrenching, h
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

"Stubborn spitfire"

photo tumblr_mkyzswn11d1qg6rkio1_500.gif

I had no right words to explain how much I love this story. Kyland has been in my mind for days, I can't seem to get him out, so I decided why not, LET'S READ AGAIN! Mia Sheridan is absolutely magical. If she ever comes to England, I am certainly gonna do huge fan-girling dance in front of her.

photo 6919120.gif

Mia, please come for a signing here.

photo tumblr_mbqscz5YMk1rol1w1.gif

Kyland is someone.....

photo tumblr_mxsqq1ebsy1qlgr6qo1_500.gif

Hero Kyland is a darling!!! Someone who stays in heart forever.

Heroine Ten is simply an angel.

photo 064B154B-AC8D-4D17-AA8D-BFDDB05489FF.jpg

Both their characters
Chantal ❤️
2.5 I FINALLY READ IT STARS

I did finally read this book because honestly it was in my kindle and I wanted to remove it. I got this book before I had KU so I actually had to pay for it. This was a big mistake with this book because I would have liked to have given it back. This book just did not work for me.
I read this book a few days ago but I did not know how to review it. Since so many had talked about the story line, the plot and even the epilogue. I was left with not much to say here excep
S.M. West
5++ “My Kentucky girl” STARS

Mia Sheridan did it again. Her Sign of Love series has been wildly diverse in stories, characters and locations and each one has been tender, moving and special. Kyland is an emotional, raw and heartwarming story. It takes place in a small poverty stricken coal mining town in Appalachia.

“The fight to live would humble you in ways you didn’t ever want anyone else to know about. Because sometimes it was unspeakable. Sometimes it was ugly and shameful and beautiful and c
P
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
“I do go to hell. Every day. For you” - Kyland
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I got Kyland ARC and I was totally excited.When I finished this book I felt like there was a hole in my chest,I don't know what to say how this book dragged me through a poppy love in the beginning,shot me down with a sorrow in the middle,then ignited my hope and fulfilled my heart in the end.After I read all of Mia Sheridan's books,Although this one doesn't captivate me like Archer and Cald
Need some suggestions please :) 3 19 Jan 27, 2017 12:50PM
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Lifers
  • The Song of David (The Law of Moses, #2)
  • The Paper Swan
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Fighting Silence (On the Ropes, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • RUSH (Rush, #1)
  • Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2)
  • Fighting Redemption
  • The Mason List
  • Fisher's Light
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
“I do go to hell. Every day. For you.” 70 likes
“Half agony, half hope. Half pain, half ecstasy. Half grief, half joy. Half my downfall, half my savior.” 53 likes