Start by marking “Viaggio avventuroso tra gli indiani” as Want to Read:
Viaggio avventuroso tra gli indiani

Viaggio avventuroso tra gli indiani

(Magic Tree House #18)

Quanto è grande un bisonte? Jack e Annie lo scoprono nel loro viaggio tra gli indiani Lakota delle Grandi Pianure.
Riusciranno a fermare la mandria di enormi bisonti impazziti?
Published 2002 by Piemme (first published 1999)

Start your review of Viaggio avventuroso tra gli indiani
Neeyati
Don't feel like writing a coherent review, but here are some notes:

-There are plenty of indigenous people writing about their own cultures and histories so tbh I don't see the point of anyone else writing "educational stories" like this and profiting off of them unless there's significant collaboration involved. Not to mention a lot of this is inaccurate and/or offensive, sooo.

-This is about two white kids (Jack and Annie) who travel back in time to visit a Lakota encampment. As if Lakota people
Marc Lucke
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction

Osborne has largely steered clear of the history of the Americas in her series, and with good reason: the legacy of colonialism is an enormously difficult subject to approach for any age group. In the latest story arc of the series, which includes books 17-20, Osborne has finally ventured into the relatively recent American past and the results -- at least here -- are mixed.

While she describes the mass slaughter of the bison unambiguously, even making the point that it was a military maneuver de

Susan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great adventure!
Julesmarie

Lots of good information in this one. Jack and Annie go back in time and spend a day with some Lakota indians. Jack's trusty research book had some great facts to share about the Indians, but they also spent some time with an Indian "grandmother" who taught them some fascinating things about their beliefs and way of life.

The adventure with the buffalo was improbable and somewhat worrisome. I grew up not far from Yellowstone National Park, and we'd visit at least once a year. So perhaps
Lanie
I'm sorry. But I spent the whole book wondering why none of the Lakota people even questioned why there were two little white kids running around the plains all by themselves.
Sonia
The novel《Buffalo before breakfast》is talking about Jack and Annie went early 1800s to find the gift from the prairie blue.
At the beginning of the story, they went to the magic tree house and find the Morgan’s instrution and went to the Great Plains.
At the middle of the story, they visit the Native American tribes and learn many ways that how they lives.
At the end of the story, they get the gift from the prairie blue and back to their house.
This story tell us that don’t let the pride led you to
Alex
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book because I do not like buffaloes charging at me. I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Annie calmed a bunch of buffaloes down when they were charging at Black Hawk and Jack made Sunlight (a horse that Annie named) go down to the buffaloes and Black Hawk went on to Sunlight.
Lena Strugaru
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
I really liked this one for the wisdom hidden in Lakota indians' words about life, school, food, soul. Deep questions about our society (and Lakota's) arose in my 5yo's mind and heart after reading this book.
Rohm1234
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot:
Jake and Annie go on an adventure back in time to the Great Plains and learn how the Indians obtained their resource and their belief in the Great Spirit. Jack and Annie learned quite a bit from the Indians. It was a simpler time that should've never been disturbed. In my opinion, Indians had it right, and the white man ruined it.

Characterization:
The main characters in “Magic Tree House #18: Buffalo Before Breakfast” are Jack, Annie, Black Hawk,and Grandma. Jack and Annie are two kids f
Sarah Sammis
In Buffalo Before Breakfast Jack and Annie are sent to a Lakota village where they must earn a gift of courage to help Arthur in Camelot.

Jack and Annie have to tread carefully when making contact with the Lakota villagers. The rely on Morgan's book for how to introduce themselves and how act respectfully and bravely. They meet a boy of similar age who lives with his grandmother.

Together Jack, Annie and the Lakota boy go hunting for bison. The learn an important lesson about the difference betwee
David Redden
Mary (6): 4.5 stars. I say that I'm going to whack you with this Kindle. Hehehehe! What else do you have to say about this book? I liked it when Jack, um, saved, um, Black Hawk from the buffalos and how Annie stopped the stampede with the buffalo woman.

Sam (8): 4.5 stars. I liked it because it gave some more information about buffalo and the, uh, Mary, what were they called? The people? Dad, you better not be writing that. The Lakota? Yes. Okay, what about them? I liked it when Jack saved them.
Macey Schoenick
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Annie are on another mission only this time, it isn't like the rest. Teddy, a little dog, has a spell on them and they have to undo it. Morgan La Fey leaves a note in the treehouse on what they need to do. Jack and Annie end up back in time when the buffalo roam the land. They find a tribe that welcomes them. Black Hawk, who's the same age as Jack and Annie, tries to help out the siblings with their mission. Will Black Hawk, Jack, and Annie find out the answers to this riddle? Pick up t ...more
Shauna
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: garrett, 2012-reads
Per Garrett: The old woman speaks very wisely.
Morbus Iff
You got a little nervous around the Spirit part, until you realized it was a good 'un, not a bad 'un.
Becky
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Ilan (age 6) rated this book 5 stars :)
Allie Maas
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Magic Tree House: Buffalo Before Breakfast
Author: Mary Pope Osborne
Illustrator: Sal Murdocca
Genre: Transitional Chapter Book
Theme(s): Lakota Indians, tree houses, magic, North American Natives.
Opening Line/sentence:
One summer day in Frog Creek, Pennsylvania, a mysterious tree house appeared in the woods.

Brief Book Summary:
In this series, siblings Jack and Annie travel through time to complete missions given to them from a magical librarian. In their magic tree house the duo point to a
Emily
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-3-read
In this book eight year old Jack and seven year old Annie found a magic treehouse. They soon found out it belonged to Morgan Le Fay. Morgan told them a magician called Merlin is up to bad tricks again and instead of collecting books she has to deal with Merlin. So then Jack and Annie became Master Librarians and started saving books lost in history. Last adventure they found a little dog in the treehouse, and a note from Morgan that said this little dog is under a spell, to free it be given four ...more
Stephanie Siren
Genre: Historical Fiction/ Fantasy

Format: Novel

Awards: None

Summary:
This story is about an adventure that Jack and Annie took to the Great Plains. When they arrive, they are greeted with a Lakota Indian boy, Black Hawk. They are on a mission to find another gift in order to save Teddy, the dog, from his curse. After telling Black Hawk that they come in peace, he allows them to come with him back to his village and there they meet Grandmother. Grandmother allows Black Hawk to show Jack and Annie w
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
Eleanor says: Jack and Annie met a boy named Black Hawk. He was from the Lakota tribe. His grandmother said don’t hunt the buffalo because they didn’t need any food. You can never waste the gifts the Buffalo gives you. Black Hawk did not listen. He tried to sneak up on them and betrayed his grandma by not listening. The buffalo chased Black Hawk. Teddy ran off and Annie chased Teddy. When the buffalo were caving in on Annie she said “Stop!” and then White Buffalo Woman appeared and held her hand ...more
Terry Collins
This adventure offers some interesting facts about the Lakota tribes for young readers in an idealized setting that makes you ache for the massacre of the buffalo and what was done to the Native Americans. Read with my nine year old grandson in a single setting. If you’ve read one of the over fifty books about Jack, Annie and their Magic Time-Traveling Treehouse, you’ve read them all ... but each does offer new settings and facts about historical events from around the world.
Kyle Biggerstaff
Reading "Buffalo Before Breakfast" brought me back to the series I loved from second to fifth grade. I loved reading Mary Pope Osborne's books and the adventures of Jack and Annie in every story. I loved all the history involved in each story, as well as the aspect of mystery. Magic Tree house books are great for all students at the elementary level!
Emily Dougherty
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buffalo Before Breakfast
o Grades 3-5
o Contemporary realistic fiction
o Like the other Majic Treehouse, this book takes the reader on an adventure. This book was a fun ready to see these kids do amazing things. The thing that I love this series is that children don’t even know that they are learning. That is getting all of this information while reading about the grerta adventures.

Linda Appelbaum
Read to my grand children - a nice story about a girl and boy who travel back in time via a magic tree to the time when buffalo roamed. They meet an Indian boy, his grandmother and the tribe. Nice story about native Americans and how it used to be. My kids (4 and 6) enjoyed it very much.
Ashlyn Stelmach
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another super cute one! Listening to these while I clean my dorm is a great escape!

This was educational with a great plot. This would be awesome for kids who want to know a little more about the Native American way of life without having to read a textbook for it.
Candice
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We read this book as a class while learning about Native Americans. It was a great supplement book for the Plains region. My students enjoyed the story and were curious to learn if White Buffalo Woman was fact or fiction. It provoked some great ideas for their research.
Darinda
The 18th book in the Magic Tree House series. Jack and Annie's tree house adventure takes them to the Great Plains and the Lakota Indians. This book is the second one where Jack and Annie are looking for a gift to free a little dog from a magic spell. An entertaining and fun chapter book.
Austin
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-literature
Like the past MTH attempts to tackle indigenous culture, this one also falls back on a lot of easy tropes; it’s still a great story, and a nice springboard to talking about more expansive takes on indigenous American history.
Sophia HE
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it is one of my favorite book style , and it is easy to understand . The plot is very interesting and you can’t guess what happens next , it let me has patient to continue reading this book . I am interested to read others book of magic treehouse .
Lisa
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I better appreciate the bison I've seen in Yellowstone now, had no idea military had killed them off intentionally during fights with Native Americans. Glad they are better protected now.
Kat Ice
To me this one wasnt the best but only because I wasnt a fan of the subject. still love this series
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • Charge of the Lightning Bugs (The Notebook of Doom #8)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)
  • The Missing Mummy (A to Z Mysteries, #13)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy (Junie B. Jones, #11)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • Mood Martian (Judy Moody #12)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Runaway Racehorse (A to Z Mysteries, #18)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt (Judy Moody & Stink, #2)
  • Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Judy Moody, #11)
  • The Yellow Yacht (A to Z Mysteries, #25)
  • The Secret of the Golden Pavilion (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #36)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Mystery in the Sand (The Boxcar Children, #16)
  • Meet Josefina: An American Girl (American Girls: Josefina, #1)

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight on the Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)