Start by marking “Breaking Noah” as Want to Read:
Breaking Noah

Breaking Noah

Published May 12th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Noah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Noah

Beverly
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

"I’m going to destroy him…it’s the one thing I can do to try to get some justice for Karly."

That is how our story begins. Zara’s cousin Karly commits suicide in the prologue and then we meet Zara. She has just transferred to Northwestern and has a plan to take down the man responsible for driving her cousin to such a desperate state. Karly was Zara’s best friend, so she has changed her major and plans to make sure someone pays for her death.

Noah Bain is the professor Zara feels is at fault
Vishous
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: my book sistah Shelly!!!!!
*ARC via Netgalley*

2.5

I honestly have no idea how to rate this book. I loved the idea of the story and all that followed, however I couldn't connect so much to the writing style. Found it a bit lacking and poor. And from time to time it got on my nerves.

The main heroine was extremely annoying. I couldn't stand her at all. I wished so many bad things for her in my mind. Not because of her agenda, but for how she annoyed the hell out of me. I loved how she wanted to destroy him for what "he did".
Michelle
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

Zara had already planned on transferring to Northwestern, but when her cousin, Karly dies; Zara knows that that her move will be more than just attending college. It’s about getting revenge. It’s about ruining the man, the professor... but Zara has a fine line to walk as she begins to be drawn in by the Charms of Noah Bain.

When Zara transfers schools and walks into Professor Bain’s class, she knows immediately she’s caught his eye. It’s exactly what she wanted to have happened. But she didn’t e
Sabrina
2.5 Stars

Zara has her world torn apart with one phone call. Learning that her cousin, her best friend, killed herself rocks Zara's world. The only thing that gets her through the heartache is her plan to get revenge on the man she feels is responsible for her cousin's death. Wanting to ruin Professor Noah Bain is her goal, but she isn't prepared for the connection she feels to him.
First I’ll seduce him. Then I’ll ruin him.

It was really hard for me to like Zara and to understand her plan of
Jessica Alcazar
NOTE: I feel the need to let all future readers know that there might be some triggers in this book that some may find so distasteful that they won't like the book because of it. SO, if you have prejudices against cheating in relationships that you cannot turn off while reading a fictional story then STOP and read something else. It would not be fair to the author if you rated the book poorly based on personal feelings .... ok then, moving on ...

Zara Hamilton is on a mission. She wants to dest
IndieSage PR
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I wasn’t always this jaded. I had a clear head, things I wanted out of life, and a concise plan on how to get there. For being only twenty-one, I pretty much had it all figured out. Until the day my cousin died.

I spent months going over all the details surrounding her death, trying to figure out how I misse
Mandy
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, teacher-student
Zara is on a mission to seek revenge after her cousin dies. She sets her sights on the man she holds responsible, an English lit professor named Noah Bain. It's hard to write a review for this story, there are so many things I want to say about this but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. There was a lot I liked and there were a few things I didn't like. I liked the direction this story took, I liked how steamy it was, I liked that it was fast paced and I really liked the writing. What I d ...more
Julie

Check out my other reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

First of all, it needs to be said that I am most certainly not a fan of books written by two people. Weird, I know. But I do have reasons. What if the authors are great together but their books are crap when they write alone and then they never write another book together after I've fallen in love with their combined writing style?!? Or what if the authors are horrible together and then I never give either of them another shot because that one c
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I've read books by both authors that I've really enjoyed. But holy wowzers when these two get together to write a story they blew my mind. From start to finish its a gripping read.

Zara is out for revenge. She's looking for revenge of the suicide of her cousin and best friend Karly. That's how she finds herself as a student to Professor Noah. When she starts having feelings for him can she still go ahead with revenge??

I've got to admit I didn't see the twist coming which is a great plus for me.
M.J. Fields
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who has two thumbs and is hot for teacher? This girl! Breaking Noah is a steamy, sexy must-read.
Courtney
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
3.5 Stars

I have not read books by either of these authors but have always heard great things about them. So hey - why not read one book by them both!

The story of student and professor is usually the same type of plot and same outcome. Breaking Noah is different where the student is already aware of the professor and has a plan already in place. Zara had already planned on attending the same college, but her reasoning for going completely changed. But there is always 3 parts to a story - A side,
Heather andrews
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

I didn't really enjoy this book as much as I thought I would, the key com p moment in that was the cheating. Noah he was an alright man, "s***. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just don't know what to do here, Zara. I just don't know." I didn't make a lot of notes or highlights because the cheating just really irritated me.

Susan Staudinger
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Karly (an attractive, outgoing, intelligent Northwestern University student) commits suicide, her cousin, Zara Hamilton is left devastated in its wake. Zara & Karly were more like sisters than cousins--they told each other everything. Or, at least, that’s what Zara thought. What was so awful that Karly not only couldn’t confide in her, but resulted in her best friend taking her own life?

When Zara receives Karly’s suicide note, she finally has the “why” behind Karly’ death--Karly was pr
Arlena
Book Description....

"What happens when you start falling for your worst enemy? Fans of Abbi Glines and Monica Murphy will relish this addictive novel of smoking-hot seduction—and revenge gone so wrong, it’s right.

I wasn't always this jaded. I had a clear head, things I wanted out of life, and a concise plan on how to get there. For being only twenty-one, I pretty much had it all figured out. Until the day my cousin died.

I spent months going over all the details surrounding her death, trying to f
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
I am not sure how to rate this book. I liked the storyline, I liked the male hero-Noah is suuuuch a great book boyfriend-, but something was missing.
Okay, we have Zara. Zara is full of hate and revenge for the man who hurt her cousin, Karly. Karly fell in love with a man who left her pregnant. When she realizes that he doesn't want their baby, she decides to end her life in order to stop the pain. Some time after her suicide, Zara decides it is time to take her revenge. For Karly's sake, she is
Nadine Bookaholic
While I started the book with a "WHAT THE HECK!" (the prologue really trough me for a loop..I so wasn't expecting what happened to happen) it turned out to be a pretty good book. I wish I could have given it five stars but at times Zara really got on my nerves. I really liked Noah and the chemistry he had with Zara was hot, I just wish she wasn't so vindictive. That being said, it was an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more books by Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne.

Breaking Noah Missy Johnson

***given to me by
Talltree
May 04, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
H has live- in GF who he 'loves very much' at beginning of book. Not for me. Plus writing style raw, unintelligent.
Casey
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Breaking Noah is the first book that I have read that was co-authored by Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne. Though I have read Missy Johnson before, I was unfamiliar with Ashley Suzanne. I wondered how these two would write together, and I have to say that the writing was good in my opinion. It flowed well and I thought that the book was cohesive and didn't seem to have two separate voices as can sometimes be the case with more than one author.
Kim Howlett
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge a Of Missy Johnsons and Ashley Suzanne's books so I was really excited to get a review copy of Breaking Noah. It sounded amazing and I couldn't wait to read it.
I was not disappointed at all. Breaking Noah was just as good as I thought it would be, if not better.
This story is told from alternative POV's which I absolutely love. This really helps me connect more with the characters as you get to look in each character's mind more deeply than you do with just 1 POV.
I really enjoyed th
Crazies R Us Book Blog
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

[image error] photo Breaking Noah Cover.jpg

Anyone who loves teacher/student romance books, this one is for you. Anyone who knows me, you know I'm all over these books. When I was offered and ARC for BREAKING NOAH, you can bet your sweet cheeks that I jumped at the chance.

Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson did a great job co-writing this book. I could not tell the difference in their writing style...It flowed effortlessly.

"What happens when you start falling for your worst enemy?"

[image error] photo FotorCreated2.jpg

Zara had her life pretty much figu
Blendy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
There was so much I loved about this book and then again, so much I hated, I didn't know whether to go enroll in some college classes or commit homicide!

Zars is a girl who lost her best friend in the world, her cousin Karly, to suicide and she is out for revenge against the man that caused that to happen. Without much thought or evidence, she concocts a scheme that will bring that man to his knees and this is the story of that journey.

Let's start with what I loved.

A teacher/student affair is nor
Raynell
When you think you know who the villain is and then have the rug pulled from underneath your feet.

The story begins with begins with an interesting hook.

“How is this all going to work? Nobody’s going to understand.”

Authors’ write about the end results of what ones, misguided anger, vengeance for a loved one may lead.
The extremes an individual will do for it.
Even being blindsided by hatred and revenge. What occurs when revenge you once sought becomes deceitful, hidden behind lies and secrets? As
Tammy Bland
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received this book for an honest review from NetGalley.

Zara has lost her cousin, Karly, in a horrible way. They were best friends, more like sisters, so when Karly started acting funny and not confiding in Zara she became suspicious. Her suspicions were too late. Feeling like she had no way out Karly committed suicide, changing Zara forever.

Zara has one thing in her mind....justice for Karly and her unborn baby. The baby the father didn't want. In her suicide note, Karly had said her professor w
werejumpinbooks
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
★ ☆★ – 3.5 Stars

Usually with a Professor and student novel there tends to be “weirdness” however, there wasn’t much age difference in the Professor and the student. Hey, the student could go out to clubs, have a glass a wine and indulge in relationships due to her being of age. It definitely turned this book into something realistic.
Zara moved to Northwestern to be where her cousin, Karly was. Her and Karly were close like sisters, or so Zara thought. Maybe there is more distance between them th
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Breaking Noah sucked me in from the beginning. Missy Johnson does a great job of dropping little pieces of information along the way that keep you intrigued and wanting to know more.

In the beginning of this book we read a mysterious yet breath taking scene in which a girl named Karly calls her best friend and cousin Zara and then commits suicide. It's gut wrenching and quite a powerful way to start off a book. Then we fast forward to Zara leaving h
Lori
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read most of this book in one setting! I started it and could not stop turning the pages. The first chapter drew me in so deep, I had to know what happened, and what was going to happen.

Zara has a plan that seems like it is going perfect. Hurt the person who hurt her cousin. But she never planned on Noah. Zara is pretty messed up over her cousin’s suicide. I can’t think of anyone in real life who would actually conceive of the type of plan Zara sets out to execute. But the hurt and loss she f
Rochelle
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Breaking Noah started off good. Zara was devastated with her cousins suicide and wanted to seek revenge on the person who caused it. As a result she transfers earlier than planned to Northwestern, the college her cousin Karly attended. Zara sets out a play to destroy Noah as she believes he is the professor Karly was in a relationship with. What Zara did not plan on was the pull and attraction to Noah. The attraction and scenes that paly out between were super sexy and hot. Naughty teacher and s ...more
Nicole
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by NetGalley

When I first found out that Missy & Ashley were teaming up to write, I just knew it was going to be pure perfection. Come to find out it went and exceeded my super high expectations. I absolutely loved this story.

Zara was going to join her cousin and boyfriend Dillon at Northwestern in a year, but her cousin died. It broke Zara and the world she knew and loved was gone. Karly was her best friend, the person she could talk to about anything. Zara was going to get rev
Cassie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Net galley ARC

With one last letter from her cousin Karly, Zara is on the road of revenge.

She planned it all out. Left her life and started anew, all for him... Noah Bian.

He wrecked Karly and now Zara will do the same. She will seduce and out him... at least that's her plan.

If this story doesn't grab you by the first page, then your crazy. These two authors, Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne merge together for an epic tale of revenge, seduction, lies, secretes and revelations. We get two povs, Zar
Hayley
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always love missy johnsons work but working alongside Ashley Suzanne things just got a whole lot hotter.

Zara's cousin karly is attending college and once karly is finished with exams she is transferring over to be with karly and they can plan there futures out together and with Zara's boyfriend also at the same college it makes sense, that is until one day that things change for the worst and Zara has to plan her life completely differently but she has planned to get revenge on those involved.
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Locked, Loaded, & Lying
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove, #2)
  • Solo
  • Reprieve
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Down & Dirty (Lightning, #1)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Right Where You Are (Second Chances, #1)
  • Getting Hot (Jail Bait, #3)
  • Stupid Boy (Stupid in Love #2)
  • Rush (White Lace, #1)
  • The Professor (Fox University - FU)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Unavoidable Chance (Running Into Love, #5)
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.
“To our children. Born and unborn. Tiny humans or fur babies. Without you, there’s no purpose. Thank you for being you and loving us unconditionally.” 1 likes
“I might be young, but I already know that if
you open the door too wide, even the people you don’t want in can sneak through.”
1 likes