Start by marking “Blurred Lines” as Want to Read:
Blurred Lines

Read Book

Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  13,346 Ratings  ·  1,203 Reviews
In a novel that’s perfect for fans of Alice Clayton and Emma Chase, Lauren Layne delivers a sexy take on the timeless question: Can a guy and a girl really be “just friends”?

When Parker Blanton meets Ben Olsen during her freshman year of college, the connection is immediate—and platonic. Six years later, they’re still best friends, sharing an apartment in Portland’s trend
Published August 25th 2015 by Loveswept

Lisa Jayne
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE TALK OR MUTE STARS.

The arrangement works perfectly ... At first.

description

Anyone who loves the 'friends to lovers' trope would be certifiably crazy not to fall in love with this sweet novel. Lauren Layne can quite honestly do no wrong in my eyes and this book just goes to show that I can not get enough of this authors style. Everything (and I mean everything) that this author releases is always a reading treat and I was giddy excited to see that this latest LL book was yet another 'friends to lover
Patrycja

Release Date: 25 August, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

‘Friends to lovers’ is one of my favorite tropes in romance. I desperately crave those stories, and to put it out there: they are my obsession. I want my lover to be my friend. So of course I needed to read Blurred Lines. I loved every other book Lauren Layne’s published so I knew this one would be a sweet treat. I was not disappointed.

B
Amy (Foxy)
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Jeanne
On Netgalley -> http://bit.ly/1KmA5YC
For more NG Finds -> http://bit.ly/1tiucb4
5/7/2015

YES, a book that has my alma mater in it! Who doesn’t want to read about where they went to college?! When Jeanne told me to check this book out because the University of Oregon is in it I was ecstatic. It’s rare I find a book that has the UO mentioned in it and the only other book I’ve read that has mentioned it is Captive in the Dark. I’m sure most people have read that book but I’ll refresh your memor
Catarina
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 “Talk or Mute” Star.

I will not say much about this book, because in the end of the day the storyline is pretty simple. (But not be put-out by it, it’s a great book.)
Ben and Parker are friends for ages, they are even housemates. Until it comes a time where both are single and decide, why not? Why not try the friends and benefits stuff and going back when they both find someone?
The worst part of it is that neither of them could go back, and now they have to learn how to move on without losi
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
"Guys and girls can't be just friends. Or not best friends, anyway."

description

This is the typical best friends that venture into friends with benefits to more story line. The author does start it off very witty but for some reason I didn’t get any butterflies in my belly reading it and the more I read the more annoyed I got with the heroine.

description

Parker and Ben are roommates and the very best of friends. When Parker’s boyfriend of five years dumps her she feels the need to turn into a slut because she hasn’t
Sarah Toussaint
Lol. This is the only first best-friends to lovers book where I found myself liking the two main characters' friendship much, much more than I like their "romantic" relationship.

They had awesome chemistry when they were actually best friends living together, and their banters were amusing, but then they became fuck-buddies and ruined it.

The sex wasn't good...
Brandi
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it

Guys and girls really can be best friends.

Parker and Ben think they have it all figured out. They've been best friends for 6 years and roommates since college. They are the perfect example of a guy and girl being able to maintain a platonic relationship. That is until Parker's boyfriend of 5 years dumps her. While nursing her broken heart wounded pride, she decides to focus on her neglected lady bits, and makes a proposition.

description

But, as we all know, things get messy when friends start having sex
Wendy'sThoughts
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4 Too Blind to See Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
I am a Lauren Layne fan. There I said it. Loved her series of Sex, Love & Stiletto big time. Read some of her other works before that and every time, finished with a silly grin on my face. Her writing hits a place where I connect fully and that is just okie dokie with me.

In this book, we have the universal question, " Can women and men just be friends"...and it is with this premise, our two main characters have defied the odds... not only are the
Elizabeth
4.5 Friends to Lovers Stars

"Guys and girls can't be just friends. Or not best friends, anyway"

Or can they?

description

Blurred Lines is a beautiful friends to lovers story. The witty dialogue and tender romance between an America’s Sweetheart named Parker and her wayward best friend (and roommate) Lance is off the charts fun!

Lance and Parker have been friends for years. They met in college and have been inseparable since. They proudly live by the belief that a boy and a girl can be best friends. Sex doesn’t
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Available now!! Click here

We begin walking, and the tension seems to fade, and I think we're back to normal. Back to where we should be.
But then...
Ben slowly reaches out a hand toward me, and I'm confused right up until the moment his fingers brush mine.
The gesture is tentative. Sweet. And maybe just a little desperate for something that neither of us want to name.
Ben-my best friend in the whole world-is holding my hand.

Sigh. I'm biased. So so sooo biased...except I'm not. Every time I go to p
Jen
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2015-favorites
5 “Talk or Mute?” Stars

I have to say that Lauren Layne has quickly become one of my go to authors for things to read. All of the books I’ve read by her have been winners for me including Blurred Lines. The writing style of this author always keeps me engaged and wanting for more. I’m also a huge fan of dual POVs and friends-to-lovers stories and this had both. I loved this book!

Parker and Ben have been BEST friends ever since their freshman year of college. After graduating they moved in toge
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 Stars

Ben and my no strings attached relationship?
Yeah. Turns out that there are suddenly strings after all.
And I'm completely tangled in them.

I adore all things Lauren Layne, so it was an absolute no brainer decision when I saw she was coming out with a book for one of my favorite tropes; friends to lovers, to dive right in. Lauren is my go-to author whenever I need a light and easy read filled with swoony romance and endearing characters. Blurred Lines certainly fit that and then some. It
Jen
3.5 Please Don’t Say “Cello” Stars

Since it’s just you and me, you won’t have to worry if you’re at just the right angle that makes your stomach look flattest—and don’t lie, I know girls do that—and I don’t have to worry about what you’ll think of my size. Just kidding on the last one, I know it’s hugely impressive, and—“
I laugh, pushing him backward. “Okay, fine. You win. You promise not to notice my food baby, and I’ll promise not to laugh at your tiny thingy.”
His smile drops in mock seriousnes
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Buddy Read with my favorite partners in crime, Chelsea (★★★★★) and Kat (★★) (click to read their reviews)

Warning : It is not a nice review. Indeed while most Lauren Layne's books worked for me, this one infuriated me too much. Way. Too. Much. Just thought I'd warn you. If you think you'll be offended by my review, then I'd say just don't read it :)

Well, sigh, it's like all my biggest peeves were blinded together in a book, for crying out loud - without near enough redeeming qualities.

He
Dee Montoya
****4 ~Best Friends In Love~Stars****

(ARC Provided By Netgalley)

Very entertaining story about best friends turned lovers. Two best friends/roommates who after making a very sexy deal will find way more that they were bargaining for. They have a very close friendship and a deep love for one another, but what happens when the lines between friendship and love start to get blurred?

photo 207e89df-1beb-41f9-aded-d2923a924028_zpshvwptsjm.jpg

Ben and Parker have been best friends and roommates for the past six years. They pride themselves in being the except
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1hsy0CC
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1KxMjN1

Gah, I loved this one! Friends to lovers + insecure manwhore = My kinda angsty story. Sometimes I like torture myself and this book delivered on all counts, I couldn't put the bloody book down.

Parker Blanton and Ben Olsen are roomies, and they have been best friends since they met in their first year of college. They are now 24 and never once have they considered taking their friendship to a different
Amanda
4.5 'BFF' stars

This seems to be the book that had a lot of contradicting reviews among my friends, which made me wary prior reading it, but now that I'm done, I'll just gonna go with my opinion. For a romantic comedy genre, I love it!

The premise might sounds cliché (the whole best friends hooking up with each other and ended up complicating their friendship) and the backbone of the story is predictable. But is the minor details and the journey towards HEA that make this one incredibly lovely rea
Didi
I LOVE friends to lovers! Especially when it's done so perfectly that you can't help but cry and laugh at the beauty of it all. I adore seeing two people who've always been platonic friends discover that there's more...more of everything and it's with the one person who they already trust, value and care about.
Ben and Parker were those people. Seeing Ben shed his womanizer ways and become vulnerable for the woman he loves was perfection. His feelings for Parker felt contained, like they were at
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE on AMZ- http://amzn.to/1hDgpI8

3.75 "Talk or Mute" Stars!

photo BA2E03D6-9518-4E5F-9C81-2B57380E45EB_zpshqezz3oi.jpg

Blurred Lines
was a cute friends-to-lovers NA read. Parker and Ben have been best friends for years- dating back to freshman year in college. Now graduates tackling their careers, they've defied the odds- still best buddies, roommates, and car-pool pals. Everyone says a guy and girl can't keep it platonic but boy, they've proved them all wrong... Or have they?

When Parker's long-time boyfriend dumps her, she finds herself questioning th
Jeanne

This book read a lot like a favorite romantic comedy,

Parker and Ben have been best friends and roommates since college. Parker has been in a committed relationship, and Ben is your typical player, picking up a different chick every week-end.

When Parker finds herself unexpectedly single, one thing leads to another...

Lauren Layne is one of my favorite authors for a reason. I love every thing about her writing style. She is just of those outstanding writers who can take a story line tha
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 Oblivious Stars from me***

Well, i liked that book very much!!!

It was a wonderfull and easy reading story, but in some point i nearly lost my mind and that's the reason that i couldn't stop reading until dawn!!! I needed to find out what will happen at the end!!!

That book had it all!!!!
It was funny, very emotional and yes, in a point for me was nerve-racking!!!

If you'll searching for an original story, that's not your book!!!!
The story is a little bit of chiché, but the way that is written
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
A Cute & Gorgeous Read & it's LIVE
* Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Blurred Lines is a sexy, hot, delicious friends to lovers romance told from the dual perspective of the main protagonists, Parker and Ben.

The first person narrative and the personality of the hero and heroine immediately captured my attention and drew me into their daily life of simply being together and all that it entails. There were times I felt a swell of emotion as their easy friendship eloquently touched my heart. Their co
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

I did enjoy this book to begin with. I found the banter fun, the chemistry was there and LLs writing always hooks me. I really thought this would be at least a 4 star book.

Unfortunately, it was another one of those books that went downhill after a certain point and it was just disappointing the way things were played out. It was still an ok read though (once I forgot how pissed I was).

ARC provided by NetGalley
XxTainaxX
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and this story is a reminder of why. I love the connection that Parker and Ben share. They know eachother on a deeper level and move beyond the awkward new love discomfort seamlessly. Their chemistry in the bedroom is matched by their chemistry outside of it. Great read!
Geri Reads
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 cello stars!

Loved the first half of the book. Then 75% came around and it all went to hell and didn't get better until 94% which was a little too late for me. :(

Full review to come...

ARC provided by Loveswept in exchange for an honest review.
Michelle
4 Best Friends To Lovers Stars!

I love Lauren's books! I was glad I started this one early in the day or I would of been up all night. Once I start one of her books I ignore everything around me because I can't put the book down.

Parker Blanton and Ben Olsen meet during her freshman year of college. Six years later and they're still best friends. They are sharing an apartment. Their relationship is strictly platonic. Parker has been dating her boyfriend Lance for 5 years and Ben is a one night st
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 "Not So Blurred" Stars

Can men and women be best of friends, live together and not have sex? That is the age old question....Blurred Lines ask the question and delivered it wonderfully.

photo Blurred Lines_zpssbuts4tx.jpg

This is a sweet and romantic tale of friends to lovers. Friends who have always had a desire for the other but kept it private, never wanting to forsake the true friendship they had cultivated. But isn't falling in love, being in love, usually with the one you call your best friend? Sometimes the timing isn't ri
♥Sharon♥

Okay friends, this is another one for my "liked it but didn't love it" shelf.

I have read a number of Lauren Layne's books and really enjoyed them but this one fell into the sweet and predictable category and just never elevated to anything more.

I'm glad I read it and would recommend it if you enjoy LL's writing. :)

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
2 For Once LL Did Not Deliver Stars

There is a little moment in every book that you can just sense whether you're gonna enjoy reading it or not. That moment came quite early for me in this book, like 2 chapters in, early. The book is written in two first-person POVs, one for Parker and one for Ben. I am usually a fun of double POVs in contemporary books(or any romance really) but I absolutely hate first-person, multiple POV writing. If I have more than one narrators then I want it to be a third o
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

I fucking loved it!

And for some reason my eyes felt all watery nearer the end, but that was the onions, yep - DAMN THOSE INVISIBLE ONIONS!

description

This was one of those stories were, despite the main man being a complete man-ho, I loved him. The relationship between him and Parker was spot on. ALL of this was spot on. I have NO complaints, none!

(view spoiler)
Lauren Layne Read...: Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1 ) On Sale 2 15 Apr 22, 2016 08:31PM
♥ BR ♥: Blurred Lines br 83 47 May 09, 2015 07:54AM
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • More Than Water (More Than Water, #1)
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own #3)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • Love Struck (Miss Match, #2)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Undeniably You
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Calling It (Calling It, #1)
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
  • Truly (New York, #1)
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:
More about Lauren Layne

Love Unexpectedly (5 books)
  • Good Girl
  • Love Story
  • Walk of Shame
  • An Ex for Christmas

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“It’s because I fell in love with this incredible girl my freshman year. Only I didn’t know how to be in love, so I did the only thing I could to keep her close. I became her friend. I became her best friend, and buried all of my own feelings so deep that I didn’t even recognize them, because her feelings were all that mattered, and she wanted this other guy.” 9 likes
“You hurt me, I want to say. You’re my best friend. The one who’s supposed to tell me I’d be the best boyfriend in the world and that any girl would be lucky to have me, not the one who laughs outright at the thought that I might need someone to love.” 8 likes