Start by marking “Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)” as Want to Read:
Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)

Looking at Forever

(The Rock Gods #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  1,027 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
Mick Wheland, Ivory Tower's bad-boy guitarist, has recently realized two important things about himself. He prefers sex with men over women, and the idea of a committed relationship doesn't scare him as much as it once did. He's seen the positive effects of love from watching his band-mates find life partners, and now he's thinking he might be ready for the same himself. T ...more
Published November 28th 2014 by SleighFarm Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Looking at Forever, please sign up.
Ann Lister Hi Wendy!
Looking At Forever released today! :)

Wendy
I've been reading the books in this series completely out of order. This is book fourth book, and I've already read 3 and 6. They were pretty good...especially book 6... Really loved that one.

I was a bit nervous about this one, because Wheland was a bit of an ass in book 3 (coopers book), but I have to say, my worries were for nothing. I really enjoyed this one...I liked it even better than book 3.

Wheland and Rooster were so sweet together and even the mild bdsm didn't bother me...and I'm usua
Vivian
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-contemp
DNF @ 28%

One of my New Year's resolutions is respecting my own time. So, while this story is sweet and hot the technical missteps of unrepentant head hopping for me were too distracting and makes me not enjoy it even though the plot and characters are good. Mileage will vary, others might not be perturbed.
Truuss
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
That was a really nice read. Wheland and Rooster were so great together. The growing to eachother was convincing. They were hot together and the bdsm was a really nice topping.
And now over to #5
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
4.5 sexy rockstar stars!

Yay! Wheland is here!! Wheland is here!! Wheland is finally here!!!!

This is book 4 in the Rock Gods series, and while it could be read as a standalone book, why would you want to miss out on any of the m/m goodness.

Anyone that has read my reviews knows that I love a) rockstars b) m/m books. So this series is like crack to me!!

All through the series I have been wanting to know more about Mick Wheland. He has been a player in the relationships of his band mates, but now it
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 HOT ROCKER STARS!!

Ann Lister’s books have been on my TBR list forever. I was so excited to read LOOKING AT FOREVER and although it is part of a series, it is most definitely a standalone. However, I will definitely go back and read her other books! I fell in love with Rooster and Wheland and I want to read more about the other members of the band.

I absolutely loved this story, it has the perfect balance of off-the-charts steam (I mean, it is HOT!!) and engaging writing. The characters are co
Kizzy
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-best-of
I have been a fan of The Rock God Series from the beginning. After reading Coop and Jay (book 3), I couldn't wait for Wheland's story.

Wheland is realizing now that he feels more for men then women and he's starting to wonder if he can have that love that all of his other bandmates have. One day while thinking about his past (a memory he wants to forget), he literally bumps into Rooster :) (He hits the car that Rooster is in.) It's nothing life threatening, but they can't believe they bumped into
Valerie Degeorge
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Looking At Forever (The Rock Gods Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I'm going to start off by saying that I absolutely loved Looking At Forever which is Book 4 in The Rock Gods Series by Author Ann Lister.
We start of meeting Wheland ( guitarist) for the major Band Ivory Tower while he is on his way to a bar to try and forget an anniversary which weighs on him each year. As if this day isn't bad enough Wheland is involved in a minor collision which leads him to getting acquainted with
Bitchie™
Overly long, and with several scenes and sub plots that I didn't really feel added much to the overall story. I also expected for Wheland's "tragic past" to be a bit more, well tragic, than simply learning that (view spoiler)

I also felt this had entirely too m
Jenny
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
looking forward to Dante and Ashton story that was getting interesting.. this for me felt like a really long epilogue after about 30%.. it was ok but didn't wow me
Julia
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: band, m-m
I love the series and the author's writing style. Wheelan and Rooster's story didn't resonate as much with me. It felt a little flat by comparison. Still very enjoyable though. 3.5 stars
F.
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like how there was no b****hit between the two MC's. They talked to each other and didn't over think every little thing. A good addition to the series
 Joyce
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit skeptical looking at the mixed reviews for this one, but I really liked it and think it continues to add to the story. It does floor me that every single person in and around this band all have lightbulb moments and discover they are gay. But I'm still like bing the growing rock band family and all their kinks.
Mandie Foxylutely
This is the fourth book in The Rock Gods series and throughout we have had glimpses of Wheland and his questioning sexuality. In the last book Make You Mine, he finally acknowledges that it is a relationship with a man that he wants. He only has to look at his fellow band mates, now happily loved up, that he is searching for that one person meant for him. His other half, his forever man.

Sonny ‘Rooster’ Roostarelli, has been in the rock business for many years and is now at the head of his game.
Tami
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Simply Just Jen
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Coming Soon!!
Love Bytes Reviews
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heart Review by Dani

Looking at Forever, part 4 in the Rock Gods series, brings us to Wheland “Mick.” the bi-sexual bass player of Ivory Tower and Sonny “Rooster,” song writer and former member of a different rock group.

We’ve met Wheland before, especially in book part 3 as Mick is a very good friend of Cooper (also being his former hookup partner). Mick caused quite a bit of trouble for Cooper and Jayson while trying to figure out what he wanted for himself.

Author Ann Lister left us in book
Lustful Literature
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*** JEN'S 5 STAR REVIEW ***

Ann Lister is quickly becoming one of my favourite go to authors for m/m reads. There is something about her characters and the plots that have me so fully engaged and connected. I have loved every single one of books in the Rock God series and this latest installment in the series did not disappoint.

This fourth book is Wheland and Sonny’s story. I have to admit after reading the last book Wheland didn’t strike me as one that would have won me over the way he has.
Gay Media Review
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blog Post: http://gaymediareviews.weebly.com/blo...

Looking At Forever-Book 4 in The Rock Gods Series by Ann Lister!!!

Ivory Towers guitarist Mick Wheland knows for sure that he likes sex with men now and he's ready for a committed relationship. He see's what others have and wants a relationship for himself now but the only problem is how does he go about finding Mr. Right. His lifestyle of being on tour, city to city doesn't exactly make for the greatest foundation of finding the love of his life
Joanne Swinney
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I totally did not expect to fall in love with Wheland. In book three 'Make You Mine', I became unsure of him. His motives left a bad taste in my mouth. I know everyone makes mistakes ,it's part of life, live and learn as they say. I think Wheland is definitely learning from his mistakes but the past is exactly that and needs to stay there or can it?

Rooster a blast from Wheland's past enters his life just when he most needs a friend but it's a tough situation because he is very much attracted to
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I absolutely love this series from Ann Lister. All of these books are based around a rock band, Ivory Tower. This story focuses on Mick 'Wheland', if you have read other books in the series you will know a bit about him already.

Wheland is yet to find his 'one.' Everyone else in the band seems to be falling in love and getting married but he is yet to find his love match, watching everyone else get their happy ever after is beginning to be something he wants too.

A chance meeting with a guy he has
Aղցela W.
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book 4 in "The Rock Gods"series. Mick Wheland, Ivory Tower's bad-boy guitarist, has recently realized two important things about himself. He prefers sex with men over women, and the idea of a committed relationship doesn't scare him as much as it once did. On the anniversary of one of the worse days of his life while on the way to a bar he has a minor fender bender and when the other guy gets out of his car it's Sonny (Rooster) Roostarelli. Rooster is also a musician who has in a few ba ...more
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wheland, Wheland, Wheland!

In book 3 of the series, Make You Mine, I seriously wanted nothing more than to punch this guy in the face. In Looking at Forever, not only does he redeem himself, I have such a great understanding of why he was that way. Now, I absolutely adore him!

What we learn about Wheland endears him to me. I dare say he is my favorite! Underneath the hard, bad-boy rocker is a guy just looking to find his way. After years of hookups and threesomes with his bandmate, he's beginning
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri

Title: Looking At Forever
Author: Ann Lister
Series: Yes
Release Date: November 28, 2014
Rating: 4.50 - 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
Spoiler-free review

Looking At Forever is the fourth installment in The Rock Gods series.

Mick Wheland literally crashes into his old friend Sonny "Rooster" Roostarelli. Wheland is instantly attracted to Rooster. Rooster is back in LA after divorcing his wife and ends up staying with Mick. Sparks fly between the two men…but they don’t seem to have a clue about how each other
Pam Kay
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! Ann has again outdone herself in this 4th book of the Rock Gods Series!! The characters are amazing and you'll fall in love with them as the story line follows all 4 books. The hot sex, drama, romance, and excitement just gets better and better. In this novel, Mick Wheland, lead guitarist of Ivory Tower, was the bad boy in the group, but after seeing his band brothers fall to forever relationships, he wonders if he will ever find the right one, The Right Man...A chance car accident has him ...more
Carly
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Normally I start my reviews with my impression of the main characters in a story, but the synopsis for LOOKING AT FOREVER does an exceptional job setting the background for these two characters. If you haven't read it yet I recommend you do so now. ;) What I will say is this:

Mick Wheland: Holy rock-star hotness. Talk about a character that has a loooooong fuse. He is a steady and unassuming presence in the band, but when Wheland lets his inner bad-boy out to play he dominates the page, and Roost
Shannon
I'm going to say right from the start Wheland pissed me off in Make You Mine...I did not like how he treated Cooper and Jayson, not at all! Yes, he redeemed himself there at the end, but I wasn't sure what I was going to feel about him in his own book. But I have to say I quite enjoyed him! This was a more emotional book than the rest, at least in my thinking.
Once Wheland came to the realization of who he really was it was quite interesting to watch him fully embrace it- there was no turning bac
Becca
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ann Lister's The Rock Gods Series is fun and sexy and makes you want more after each book. In book four we meet Mick Wheland, the Ivory Tower's bad-boy guitarist. Mick has finally confessed to his true self and it doesn't seem to scare him like he thought it would. So when an old friend shows back up in his life by pure luck...he decides to go for the happy life that all of his fellow bandmates have seemed to have found for themselves.

Doubt and life slowly starts to leak into the perfect little
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
i absolutely love this series. it's one of my favorites. this book was surprisingly so much sweeter than the others in the series. there was very little angst between the two men and their relationship was really intense and sweet.

rooster and wheland have an almost instant attraction to each other after a chance meeting years after knowing each other. they are both at a point in their lives when they have experienced enough to finally know what they want out of life. their chemistry and banter
Tracy Perry
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Wow.... I really loved this book!! So many emotions, so many tears especially on Ch 31, I didn't think my heart could take it. Had a big ugly cry there;) I just love Wheland & Rooster!! They so deserve each other & a HEA!! I just love how they clicked from the moment they saw each other. So looking forward for Meant For Me in the Spring!! I think I have a feeling who it's about:) Well Done Ann <3
Janis Glass
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
A little more of a story to this book but still not a great amount. Could have made a great story maybe with the bodyguard he fired stalking them, instead this part of the story was dead after it started. Add more grit to these books and less sex and you have a winner. We want to laugh, cry and be shocked when reading a book like this and I only did 1 out of 3 on this one.
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Tricking Chase (Devils Pride MC #1)
  • How To Save A Life
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Seeking Justice
  • Bo (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #3)
  • Stripped Bare
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3)
  • Love on a Spring Morning (Pine Harbour, #3)
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

The Rock Gods (8 books)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Take What You Want (The Rock Gods, #2)
  • Make You Mine (The Rock Gods, #3)
  • Meant For Me (The Rock Gods #5)
  • Fighting His Fire (The Rock Gods, #6)
  • Beyond The Music (The Rock Gods, #7)
  • Forever At Sunrise (The Rock Gods, #8)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“It’s not the circumstances surrounding how we came in to this world that matters. It’s what we do with our life while alive, and the men we become by the time we leave it.” 5 likes
“It doesn’t matter either way to me what anyone thinks. It’s not their life... it’s mine, and I’ll live it the way that makes me happy.” 1 likes