Start by marking “Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6)

Lord of Chaos

(The Wheel of Time #6)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  151,130 ratings  ·  3,934 reviews
Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, strives to bind the nations of the world to his will, to forge the alliances that will fight the advance of the Shadow and to ready the forces of Light for the Last Battle.

But there are other powers that seek to command the war against the Dark One. In the White Tower the Amyrlin Elaida sets a snare to trap the Dragon, whilst the rebel Aes
Published September 18th 2014 by Orbit (first published October 15th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Chaos, please sign up.
Matthew Yes, he's clueless. It seems a lot of everyone's problems would be solved if thef didn't act like asses to everyone else just to "show them." From Ran…moreYes, he's clueless. It seems a lot of everyone's problems would be solved if thef didn't act like asses to everyone else just to "show them." From Rand to Elayne to Mat to Nyneave. A bunch of arrogant asses, all.
That pronunciation threw me off as well. I think it's because it's breaking syllables in unexpected places: Cai-rhi-en(less)

·  151,130 ratings  ·  3,934 reviews

Start your review of Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6)
Kaora
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guide: How to Female in Wheel of Time:

-Learn something new. Assume you then know everything and make sure everyone who also knows how to do it is aware that you know more. Establish dominance by making something up and insisting on it.

-When first seeing another female be sure to judge her neckline first, followed by face, clothing and finally where she comes from.
-If a woman flirts with your man, get angry at him for being present while that occurred.

-If your man attempts to keep you safe or giv
Matt's Fantasy Book Reviews
Check out my new youtube channel where I show my instant reactions to reading fantasy books seconds after I finish the book.

The most thrilling and action-packed installment to date makes for an absolutely wonderful fantasy book

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time reading this series, but it feels like things are really hitting a high mark in this series with this book. The plot developments feel incredibly interesting, and for the first time I found myself unable to put the book down for
Hannah Greendale
Lord of Chaos is 900+ pages of people posturing for power by standing (or sitting) around talking. Painfully slow pacing with very little tension that ultimately arrives at a limp ending. It's quite possible this book could be removed from the series altogether and none would be the wiser. ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
What a damn idiot! I accidentally put both audios of book 5 and 6 on hold at the library. This one came through before the 5th book! I was thinking I missed something! Oh well, I loved it anyway. This effing cancer shit has me all messed up!!! And I feel like shit on top of it and apparently don't know what I'm doing 😡 ...more
Kat  Hooper
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

I could almost copy and paste my review for Fires of Heaven right here and it would be mostly suitable because Lord of Chaos is more of the same. This is another metropolitan-city-phonebook-sized novel with a potentially interesting story that is bogged down by its excruciatingly slow pace, regular insertions of backstory, constant descriptions of the garb of every major and minor character (garb which keeps getting smoothed, straightened, or otherwise adj
Markus
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The lions sing and the hills take flight. The moon by day, and the sun by night. Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool. Let the Lord of Chaos rule."

There is no going back. The Wheel of Time is now officially one of my favourite series of all time. At times while reading I got this weird, amazing feeling that only two other works of fantasy have given me before. There was something this sixth book had that took me over the edge and far down the other side. Or more specifically, something this book
Sean Barrs
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, 1-star-reads
I am done!!!!

That's it. I'm out. I will not be reading anymore of this series because it is so annoyingly repetitive. The story has not moved forward for three books and the chapters and monologues all feel the same. The paragraphs feel the same, the sentences feel the same. It's almost like Robert Jordan is more interested in hitting a massive word count rather than writing a good story.

I was still curious to see how the series ended so I googled it and read the spoilers. A solid ending, i
David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party
I've completed Book 6 of the epic Wheel of Time buddy read with my amazing friend Branwen!

While the awesome parts of this book made it all worth reading (particularly that exciting battle at the end) I must confess this was my least favorite novel in the series so far. Still, the Wheel of Time books just get better from here on out...right? Right?!
(Umm...why did all the Wheel of Time fans start snickering at me just now???)

FULL REVIEW TO COME
Wheel of Time ranking photo from favorite novel to le
Olivier Delaye
THIS IS MEANT AS A LIGHT, NOT-TOO-SERIOUS BUT HOPEFULLY FUNNY REVIEW, SO PLEASE TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS. AND NOW, ON TO THE SLAUGHTER!!!

Nyneave tugged her braid as hard as she could bear it. Any harder and she would surely rip her scalp off. “How am I supposed to review this book?” she muttered, holding a copy of Robert Jordan’s Lord of Chaos in her left hand. Her right was busy pulling at her braid. “The author’s first three books were really good––well, if one turns a blind eye on the fact that
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

NOTICE: this reread is in preparation for finally biting the bullet and reading book 14. That means I HAVE NOT read book 14 yet. Please be mindful of this in the comments, both for me and for others who may or may not have progressed past this point in the series. Thank you.

SO . . . I'm not gonna sugar-coat it, shit goes DOWN in this book.

There's the Morgase situation, which is one unfortunate event after another.

We've watched the Pattern rearrange itself for Rand, Mat, a
Ahmad Sharabiani
Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6), Robert Jordan

Lord of Chaos is a fantasy novel by American author Robert Jordan, the sixth book of his series The Wheel of Time.

With many of the seals on his prison broken, the Dark One has grown in power. He causes global warming, revives the Forsaken Aginor and Balthamel as Osan'gar and Aran'gar, and creates Shaidar Haran, his Myrddraal incarnation.

In response to Rand al'Thor's amnesty on male channelers, Mazrim Taim swears allegiance to him. Together they fo
Robin (Bridge Four)
A new month a new Wheel of Time book with the fantasy fanatics of Buddies Books and Baubles.

This book is both engaging and infuriating. If I were to write 30 words or less that sum up my feelings about the series so far they would go something like this.
Never have I read a series that I like so much based mostly on worldbuilding, plot and cultures while disliking or struggling with most of the characters.

The continuing fight against The Dark One or Lord of Chaos and his chosen is re
Choko
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** 5 ***

A buddy read with my Fantasy Addicts at BB&B! May the Wheel weave as the Wheel wills!!!

Amazing! More than amazing! Have I covered it all?... Yes, I have! I have run out of superlatives for this series and I do not care! The pacing of the story is very deceptively slow, but it builds on itself, fiber by fiber, and by the end of each book you find yourself holding your breath, barely able to take in air, because it is an energy outward transmutation of a million plot lines coming togethe
Eric Lin
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Took you long enough to stop your main characters from sucking, RJ. Truthfully this was 3.5 stars, but I gave 3 stars to all the other books (and somehow am still reading them), so I gave this one the benefit of the doubt (and 4 stars).

But this book was over 900 pages!

A few things RJ could have stopped repeating:

- The men/women dynamic
- How much the maidens think Rand is either their son, or brother
- How much Warders look like wolves
- How much Aiel look like wolves
- How complex names of actual w
JAIME
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY HELL. Some shit went down in this one!

Rand - FINALLY feels like he finished with his whining and getting on with stuff - his stuff being manwhoring. And, I LOVE IT.

Egwene - WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL?!

Loial - LOVE YOU

Elayne - I just like you less and less every book. Shut up. You have basically switched places with that other idiot, Egwene.

Aviendah - is growing on me. Still kind of a weirdo, but I like it.

Mat - I can't remember when I started liking you. Don't ever change

Perrin - Your wife su
Gene
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book contains much more different point of views than the first five; we even get to see the inner thoughts of some of the Forsaken. Each POV usually contributes to a different plot, subplot, or thread which makes a really complex overall story, so if you thought the one in the first five books was way too simple (I am kidding), this book really makes matters much more complex. This is also the point where the number of named characters became too great for all of them to be in the glossary ...more
Em Lost In Books
This was a slooooow book and took almost 50-55% to actually get started. So you can imagine how frustrated I was while reading this at snail's pace, kept thinking when will things start happening. And even after all my grumbling, this was a necessary book because here we see characters coming out of their shells. I will keep this review short.

About the boys - Rand just keep improving his game of politics. getting stronger at making people obey and follow him. He is so much different from the bo
seak
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2012, reread
To review this book, I have to start by telling a little story about my history with this series, and more specifically with this book.

It was in the great year of ought 7 (2007) when I was first reading Lord of Chaos, the sixth book of The Wheel of Time. It was also the same year that Harry Potter was finishing up and sadly when the author himself, Robert Jordan, died of a rare disease.

I decided, not only did I want to make sure there was an ending (sorry, I know that was insensitive of me), bu
Dirk Grobbelaar
Was the whole world really burning up?

Thank goodness for the Wheel of Time Wikia page. At this point in the series I can’t really differentiate too clearly between books; everything is just blurring together. I suppose it would help if I read the books back to back, but that is not a realistic option. I honestly need a break between instalments.

That said, I do believe I enjoyed this book more than The Fires of Heaven. It felt, to me, like a return to form, but all of this is pretty relative giv
Mayim de Vries
All you need to know about this novel is that the Prologue is 54 pages long and it renders Moraine’s sacrifice from the previous book pointless (I swear, I nearly stopped reading). Also, if you expect some Lord of Chaos to make an appearance - don’t. The title has no significance whatsoever aside from signalling that plot-wise chaos has the reign supreme.

I have a pretty strong feeling that the title has been given when the book had already been written, and Mr Jordan realised that there is no o
Gavin
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was another enjoyable instalment in the Wheel of Time series. It was an improvement on The Fires of Heaven, but did not reach the heights of The Shadow Rising( the best WoT book so far ).

It though Jordan did OK when it came to advancing the plot in this instalment. Not a ton happened, but it felt like a lot of stuff got set into motion. This meant a lot of focus on politics and scheming, but I've always been happy enough with such story arcs.

The characters proved a mixed bag:

Rand: I thou
Christie Skipper Ritchotte
On my future grave, I swear, the following is true.

Once upon a time there was a book series called The Wheel of Time, which, when piled each volume upon the other, could reach past an elephant's rheumy eye. Once upon a time, after searching for a good new fantasy series, I began tWoT with a healthy gleam in my eye. What a blithe fool. What a tWoT.

I turned pulped wood pages by thousands, read a very-many lot-of words, until one day an annoying pattern manifested. Though I pressed on, it had beco
Choko
May 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** 4.65 ***

"“One more dance along the razor's edge finished. Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.”"

Brilliantly woven mostly political intrigue, with a ton of character building and an even deeper look into the factions involved in this fascinating world and its vast upcoming war. So many mistakes made by all involved and I felt like yelling at our heroes and shaking them into making some sense, but that is part of the experience, whenever you get
Rachel Reads Ravenously
firmly 3.5 stars

A review in which I don’t actually review the book because I don’t want to give away spoilers.

What comes to mind the most when I think of this book is this quote from the musical episode of Buffy (because I am a nerdy socially awkward millennial):

Because the entire 1000+ pages of this book was basically filler. And I enjoyed it! Don’t get me wrong. But I now understand better why I quit reading the series with this book when I was a teenager, this book is a beast and despite se
Alex Nieves
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full video review here: https://youtu.be/K-Ys4cyyL9g

You win again, Lews Goodreads. I actually finished Lord of Chaos this time, you crazy website. A very solid Wheel of Time entry and probably my second favorite since The Shadow Rising. So many great character moments in this book from our entire main cast. Huge events and accomplishments all over the place and one hell of an ending. Robert Jordan continued to display his expertise in concluding a book.
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Review: Reread done!

Lord of Chaos is one of my favorite books in this series so far, purely on the amount of things happening. Sure, the story does not move much in any direction, (nothing much resolved) but there is quite a bit of stirring and simmering until the pressure builds up to a boiling point and BAM! The lid is blown at Dumai Wells!

Spoiler-filled notes:
(view spoiler)
Nimrod Daniel
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was stuck around the 50% mark for so long, but I finally finished this tome, and it was an enjoyable ride! The pacing was a bit more even in comparison to The Fires of Heaven, but my overall enjoyment was about the same.
The Shadow Rising is still the best book in the series so far.

Rand was just great as always, his chapters are always the best. When Rand is the POV character I know things are going to happen.

Egwene - I just love this gal, she's awesome! Plus, her role also changes in this bo
Merphy Napier
The end was FANTASTIC but man it was tough getting there. Here's my video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9XD... ...more
Constantine
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: Excellent

Genre: Epic Fantasy

Lord of Chaos is full of chaos! At times the book was slow but when it moved it really moved! I absolutely loved it. So much is happening here. The book is over 1000 pages with both prologue and epilogue. The previous books had no epilogues. Not sure if the subsequent books will continue to have both. But man the prologue of Lord of Chaos is around 74 pages! Making it the longest prologue I have ever read! In this part of the series, there are some shocking ev
Derf H
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t stop giving these books ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Although I’m on a re-read I still can’t get enough!!
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Lord of Chaos - WoT #6 [May 16, 2022] 66 25 Jun 03, 2022 12:57AM
Wheel of time rea...: Final thoughts (book 6) 3 13 May 29, 2022 05:52PM
Wheel of time rea...: * Lord of Chaos, spoilery talk 2 10 May 02, 2022 06:20PM
A Wheel Of Time R...: LoC - Book #6 Discussion 5 29 Dec 29, 2020 08:19AM

• Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Cytonic (Skyward, #3)
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6)
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)
  • Evershore (Skyward, #3.1)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • Warbreaker (Warbreaker, #1)
  • Rebel's Creed (Lawful Times, #2)
  • ReDawn (Skyward, #2.2)
  • Sunreach (Skyward, #2.1)
  • Breach of Peace (Lawful Times, #1)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
See top shelves…

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to

The Wheel of Time (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • New Spring (The Wheel of Time, #0)
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
  • The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
  • A Crown of Swords (The Wheel of Time, #7)
  • The Path of Daggers (The Wheel of Time, #8)
  • Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
  • Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, #10)