Start by marking “Divine (House of Oak, #2)” as Want to Read:
Divine (House of Oak, #2)

Divine

(House of Oak #2)

Time is a vast cosmic sea, where each life exists as rippling circles on its surface, past and future being eternally present. And occasionally, one expanding ring tangles with that of another, linking two lives together even though separated by centuries...

Georgiana Knight--born in the nineteenth century, but now living in 2013--has certain standards when it comes to myst
Published November 24th 2014 by Fiorenza Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Divine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine

Marlene
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
My husband and I each read Intertwine (the first book in the House of Oak series) and really enjoyed it. (See my review here.) I’ve been looking forward to reading the sequel, and unsurprisingly, I was sucked in once again! Note to readers wary of time travel stories: this book is light on the time travel, so it may be worth trying anyway!

Divine (2014, Fiorenza Publishing), second in the House of Oak series by Nichole Van, is a time travel romance set mostly in the years 1813 and 2013 in E
Julie Carpenter
Nichole Van,

I think I might just be your biggest fan...like EVER! How, oh how do you do it? You create amazing stories with characters who are perfectly imperfect and perfectly flawed. You put them through struggles and trials, you give them joy and redemption, you show their hearts to perfection. You allow them a true, deep and abiding love to build and grow from friendship to lasting, forever, perfect love. Happy and deeply contented sigh. How can I not sigh? This book was, summed up in one
1.5 stars.

This one definitely isn’t as good as the first book of the series. For one thing, now that the time portal has been revealed in this series, it's become a bit of a contrived plot device. Not enough angst? Insert some time twisty detail here. Don't know what to do? Escape through the time portal. Time travel has always been a problematic genre for me, and this book was no different. The author either tries to explain it using logical sounding arguments, or makes no attempt to defend its
Lucinda
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great one in the series. I loved how Georgiana and Sebastian finally came together in the end.
Dawn

Not as good as the first one IMHO. Or perhaps it might be more accurate to say that it was very different from the first one, and I was mistakenly expecting it to be similar and was disappointed.

This was still a very good book, but I personally do not care for so much angst in my romances. It was too frustrating for me how the heroine did not fall in love with the hero until nearly the very end. This made the entire story irritating. Especially because the hero was just so beautiful and perfect.
Melissa
These books are so much fun! I enjoy reading them so much. So many funny scenes and surprises. Van always surprises me with her different books. Everything is always new and fun. I so enjoyed this 2nd book and a continuation of this family. Georgies story was great. I love a good time travel clean romance and you add Regency England in there and I am totally sold. The ended just kept making me laugh it was so well done. These are clean with some great kisses! Lots of good emotion and passion:}
Joleen
Fun. That's what this book was. And funny. The one-liners were hysterical. I really enjoy Nichole Van's writing. She's so creative. I mean, naming a character Shatner because his parents were Star Trek fans. So funny.

2013 - After being brought 200 years in the future through a basement portal to heal her tuberculosis, Georgie settled nicely in the 21st century. I mean: Showers! Electronic gadgets! Miracle working medicine! Comfortable clothing! Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes! But when a
Lisa Brown
The second in the House of Oak series, this book takes on the story of Georgiana Knight, James' younger sister who almost dies of consumption in the first story. Living in 2013, and trying to navigate the modern world, Georgiana receives a letter in the mail that she wrote in 1813 - but to have written the letter, it means she needs to return to the past.

Sebastian has been in love with Georgiana Knight since he saw her for the first time when they were children, but being poor and with no real p
Dusty Holloway
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
Every once in a while, you come across a book that has all the elements you love, and it's like finding a lost friend. Someone who you laugh with, cry with, and who (if you're lucky enough) makes your toes curl. This book did all that and more.

Nichole Van is an amazing story-teller. She weaves both the past and the modern into her stories in such a way that you feel right at home with the characters. Her characters are vivid, their emotions felt in such a way that you feel their aches and joys a
Judy Lavik
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nothing more than kisses, and yet this was one of the steamiest books I've ever read!

The passion in this book is so incredibly powerful that my heart is still racing. I didn't read Book 1 in the series, but it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. After "The End," I immediately dashed over to Amazon and purchased Book 1. If it's even half as good, it will be money well-spent.

I loved the heroine's zest for life, and love of a good mystery. Admittedly, I wanted to slap some sense into her. Not only d
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I may be a touch obsessed with Nichole Van right now. This is book two in this series and I have the next two books just waiting for me. My obsession started after I read Gladly Beyond, which comes after this series but has nothing to do with it. :)

I love the characters in these books. I feel like I'm living in their worlds with them, a part of them. It's so easy to visualize the places and people like a fantastic movie in my head. The chemistry between Seb and Georgie is yummy. I love when the
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder
I love this series and I love this author!

This is a "kisses only" romance.
Charissa
I’ve raced through these books in this time-travel series. They’re so awesome. This is Georgiana’s story. She’s James’s sister from book 1. In this one, she is in modern time (2013) when she receives a letter from the past. A letter from herself to a mysterious man (whose moth-eaten name is lost to time) she must adore going by the gushy words and phrases in it. Feeling torn because she doesn’t want to leave James to go back to the past, she nevertheless goes back eventually because she is drawn ...more
Gabe Davis
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

A delightful, fun regency genre read. Clean, intriguing and lovely. I was unsure at first if I would like this one after reading (dashing through, really. I couldn't put it down!) the first (Intertwine) in the series. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Tessa
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Insert major swoon worthy sigh here) My goodness!!! I didn’t know if anything could beat the first House of Oak book, but Divine definitely stole my heart. Sebastian was a perfectly wonderful regency hero and Georgiana was splendidly spunky. I adored their story and how it weaves in 1813 and 2013. Absolutely beautiful!
Hannah
Cliffhanger: No
Release Date: November 24, 2014
Rating: 4
HEA: (view spoiler)

This is the second book in the House of Oak series. It is about James' sister Georgiana Knight. Georgie loves a good mystery. So when she gets a letter in 2012 written in her handwriting professing her love to someone in 1813 she has to find out why she wrote it and for who.

Sebastian fell in love with Georgie when he was a teenager. But being the poor vicar's s
Megan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I was smitten with Georgiana from book 1- Intertwine. I easily adored her and how she quickly became Emme’s friend and so intrigued by her ‘sick’ situation. Once I started I was in love with Sebastian and Georgiana but as they were separated and then came back it wasn’t the same magic. This being an old world type read and being so excited for Georgiana finding her melty love I was ready to be emotionally invested but like the first there wasn’t much falling in love that I expected. I think the ...more
Stacey
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Emily Estes
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough about this series. Georgiana was such a lovable and relatable heroine (her obsession with Benedict Cumberbatch is my favorite). Her love for Sebastian developed in such an authentic fashion I was just waiting for her to realize how she was feeling. While the time travel aspect was hard to get on board with at first, I felt like it worked really well in the overall plot development. And the mystery was a fun diversion from the romance. All in all this was the perfect way to spe ...more
Laney Shupe
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love story in two centuries

The time travel piece of this book intrigued me from the start. I'm a fan of historical romance so I wanted to see if the author could write an authentic time period piece while also making it relevant in the 21st century. Well? She did! And I respect that it wasn't over the top sweet - Georgie and Seb disagree and approach life differently - but in the end it all ties together nicely. I read this book first and now will return to read the first in the series.
R Luker
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Barbara
Wow. Just wow. I enjoyed this book immensely. ALMOST as much as the 1st book. I got slightly irritated at how long it took Georgiana to recognize her feelings but at the same time, that's also what made the love story so... lovely. The mix between 19th Century and 21st Century was so fun! There was a little bit of danger in this story which also upped the fun factor. All in all this was an exciting, easy read with a story that made me feel good.
Larissa :) [HIATUS]
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-read
4.25 :D
Krishni
Beautiful series... just love it!!!!
Mary
In this second book of a four book series, Georgiana and Sebastian are best friends. Sebastian realises he is in love with Georgie but he is only the poor stepson of the vicar and she is off to make her debut in London. He enlists and heads to the Peninsula War promising Georgiana that he will come back safely. Years later he does return when he inherits an earldom but not only is Georgiana dying of consumption - she has disappeared.

Georgiana, meantime, is in 2013. Her beloved brother has brough
Elodie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
One more good story in this series, as it introduced us to Sebastian Carew, what a man, caring, strong and full of humour.
Just for the duel scene, this book is a must-read. It was just hilarious and so perfectly portrayed.

Georgiana is back to the nineteenth century to solve the mystery of a strange love letter she might have wrote in 1813 while she now live in 2013.
There she reconnects with an old friend, Sebastian, the step-son of a vicar and now Lord Stratton, a man who always loved her but sh
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I really enjoyed Divine. It felt like the story and writing and everything was tightened up a bit from the first book. Not that I didn't enjoy book one, but this one felt a bit cleaner. It was a lot of fun.

Georgina is currently in 2013. She was brought through a time portal at the end of the first book to cure her of an illness that would have killed her in her own time. She was so much fun even though she could be a bit dense and silly at tim
Penny
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Better than the first book

This book is better than the first book in the series. No annoying alter ego hanging around in the background.. I don't recall more than one reference to the hero being eye candy. The characters have a little more depth, how ever there is not as much of the humerous give and take that was seen in the first book. The mystery plot line was not well developed and by the end of the book I was still unsure what the evil doers were about. Were they arrested, prosecuted....?
C.
Not as good as the first book. I really got fed up with TSTL- Georgiana's ridiculous indecision between Sebastian and Shatner, and like book one, there are some parts so ridiculous to read, that it strains credulity that these books were even written for adults! I doubt if I will read any more in this series. Eye-Rolling-Silly Nonsense is the best way to describe them!

How Georgie goes from absolutely platonic feelings only for Sebastian, to suddenly obsessively having the hots for him, is totall
Traci
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, but the main characters were just so annoying. So much wrapped up in how the other looks. If I had to read another line about one of them being so delicious or so dreamy, or so sunny I was going to chuck my ereader across the room. And Georgiana brings empty headedness to a new level. She is entirely self absorbed and treats the men in her life terribly! This was going to be a DNF but I forced myself to finish it so I could read the next book and hope it was better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 18, 2015 12:35PM

• Bewitching the Knight
  • Loving Helen (Hearthfire Romance, #2)
  • Miss Chartley's Guided Tour
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • A Stolen Season (A Stolen Season, #1)
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • Summer House Party
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Hallows' Eve
  • Royal Brides (Royal, #3)
  • Dangerous Favor (Poitevin Hearts, #3)
  • The Pharaoh's Daughter (Isabelle Webb, #2)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • The Roses of Feldstone

House of Oak (5 books)
  • Intertwine (House of Oak, #1)
  • Clandestine (House of Oak, #3)
  • Refine (House of Oak, #4)
  • Outshine (House of Oak #5)
“Sick or no, he would relentlessly woo her, somehow persuade her to marry him and spend what little time they had together,” 0 likes
“also took three quizzes on Facebook. Answers: Lydia Bennett, executive chef and 89% British.” 0 likes