Start by marking “Safe Words (Safe Words, #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe Words (Safe Words, #1)

Read Excerpt

Safe Words

(Safe Words #1)

After years of alcohol and promiscuous sex, Detective Eleanor Silver is not the cop or the person she wanted to be. New doors and new worlds open up when the murders of sexually dominant women, involved in the world of BDSM, lead her to Dr. Anderson Wells. A psychologist and sexual submissive, Anderson offers to be her guide. They soon find themselves exploring on more int ...more
ebook
Published November 25th 2014 by Loose Id (first published November 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Safe Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Words

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Femdom stories can go wrong very quickly with a despicable female whose sole goal is to destroy men. It's a pleasure when the woman is one who is exploring her dominance and working to be a better person. Add to this a suspense plot, and it's a winner. Mr. Jamison is a new-to-me author and I'm interested in reading more of his books. If he continues to write erotic suspense with a femdom lead character, I'm hooked.

Detective Eleanor Silver is no stranger to the old boys club thinking that women
Dee
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

As a murder/mystery crime story this hit the spot. It kept me guessing from start to finish. Around the 60% mark I was positive I knew who it wasn't - I was right. I was fairly certain I knew who it was - I was wrong!

However as a BDSM/femdom type story it fell short of the mark for me. I wasn't feeling Anderson as a submissive or Silver as a Domme. I guess they were both more on a path of self-discovery, well that's how I chose to go with it, so I could enjoy the story.
Joelle
I loved this story from beginning to end with another group of different characters.Working on solving another serial killer case.This story had so much going on throughout it that kept you glued to the pages and on edge the whole time

I loved Eleanor and Jackson another couple with major chemistry and sparks.This story was learning journey for Eleanor and about self discovery for her and about owning her sexuality.

Another story filled with kink, passion ,love romance all the wild trying to chase
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who love romantic suspense with little bit of kink and an open mind
Heat Level: 3 out of 4 flames
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch: Mindy
See Mindy’s Blog Review Here

BUY THE BOOK

I received a copy of this book via the author in exchange for an honest review.

"Killing someone is hard work. Harder than it looks in the movies."

I loved this book! I've been struggling with a bit of burn out lately and this is exactly what I needed. This book has an amazing story with a bit of erotic romance and BDSM elements all throughout. In my opinion thi
ItsAboutTheBook
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2shay
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Emotional, intimate, erotic, beautiful…..and totally stunning.
Safe Words is an emotional roller coaster ride, an intimate look inside the psyche of a woman who has lost herself; it’s erotic without ever becoming erotica, and the writing is beautiful to the point of being difficult to describe. A stunning read.
If that sounds like I’m gushing with praise for this book, then I wrote it right. Because I am. From the first page to the last, even through s
Heidi
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book makes me feel like Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music," dancing around the bedroom, singing .. these are a few of my favorite things!.. In my reading experience, I've got go-to authors for certain things. And I love them ALL. For fast, laugh-out-loud humor and witty dialogue, I go to certain authors. I have another list for hauntingly beautiful prose that flows as if written like a song, endlessly perfect--creating profound, unforgettable sayings etched on my heart that I highlight, ...more
Andrea Beane
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected. I expected to like it okay. I expected to be polite. I expected something sexy and smutty and good in that way. This is a real book. A lot of what I read are sexy books and I think we all know they are not like other books. Guys like books with car chases and explosions and women like me like books with orgasms and characters to fall in love with. Just the way it is. And just what I expected.

Despite the cover this was the kind of bookbook lovers want. It was a mystery like a
Reflection
Safe Words was a feast for my senses, filled with insight and a richly observed melange of characters from the flawed and feisty Detective Eleanor Silver to the incredibly sexy Professor, Dr Andersen Wells plus a wealth of supporting characters this murder mystery is gripping.

Told in the first person from Silver's perspective this adds to the gritty reality and the intimate revelations about her reaction to the events as they unfold.

Eleanor Silver works hard. She is almost burned out and drinkin
Drury Jamison
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I gave SAFE WORDS five stars, but take that with a grain, or a pinch, of salt. I wrote it as well.

SAFE WORDS started life as a mystery with a little heat and romance. But the romance could not be ignored and demanded more attention. Along with that it got hotter. Now it is, I believe, a book equal parts mystery, strong characters, and sexiness. Okay, it's pretty steamy. But I think all things balance. I hope you think so as well.

If you like action and strong women here they are. If you like a li
Gigi staub
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from the Author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Very interesting story, not at all what I imagined when I read the blurb. I expected strictly a sexy book, but it was way more than that. It is not a book for the faint of heart it is a gritty and action packed story. It reminds me of Criminal Minds if one of the characters was a Domme.

I thought the Author did a great job drawing me into the story and keeping me on the edge of my seat. I can see why he is ge
Deborah Camp
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book! It has some BDSM -- just enough to titillate. It's about a hard-bitten (and hard biting!) homicide detective in Kansas City who is looking into the murder of a Domme prostitute. Wanting more information about that scene, she meets up with a college professor who is into the lifestyle. Sparks fly immediately, but Detective Silver is so jaded and stuck in the broken record of her life that she can't see Anderson for the salvation he could be for her. As the case beco ...more
Robert Dunn
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Romance is not usually my cup of tea but I love a good thriller and who can resist a sexy, sexy thriller? Strong women in amazing underwear and tall, spiked shoes and still kicking ass, dirty-in the best way-twisty fun.

Here it has to be said that Drury and I have a definite relationship and I have given his book five stars and he has given mine the same just as we have given our own books top ratings. It skews the ratings but you always vote for yourself.
dommebooks
Great mystery with strong characters and an could-not-put-down book until the final page.
Isabel
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another Femdom book that I enjoyed, and Eleanor Silver is so far my favourite Domme.

On this book, she starts as a caterpillar more than out of date on her current form. She is reaching a turning point in her life as a homicide detective and as a person, going through a crisis that at the beginning of the book is been dealt with alcohol and bad desperate sex with other bad desperate lovers. Then a series of brutal killings opens her to a new world, where she discovers it can actually be hers, an
Katherine
Leah Reichstein
Feb 16, 2016
Debbi Spano
Apr 24, 2018
Drury Jamison is not a bestselling author, yet. But he believes hard work will prevail. He has been writing since he could read beginning with, what we now call fan fiction, stories about favorite DC Comics heros. Since then he gave all his attention to the story at the expense of the rules making rewriting very important.

Born an Army brat he finally settled and came to call the Missouri Ozarks ho

Safe Words (2 books)
  • The Red Kiss (Safe Words, #2)