Start by marking “Charged (The Grounded Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Charged (The Grounded Trilogy, #2)

Charged

(The Grounded Trilogy #2)

My name is Lydia Troyer and I’m a Spark, genetically altered to be electrokinetic. I can’t change my origins, but I can change my future. After my harrowing experience at the hands of Dr. Konrad and the Green Republic, I am relieved to return to the plain and simple life of Hemlock Hollow. I’ve made my decision. I choose to be ordinary. My focus now is on helping Korwin to ...more
Published December 22nd 2014 by Carpe Luna Publishing (first published December 8th 2014)

Ari
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
One day read, impressive. Couldn't put it down. Some parts felt silly but otherwise, still not ready to leave this world. On to book 3!
Valery
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Super disappointed in second installment. The story was sort of...meh. Felt cobbled together and just didn't really grab me.
I was mostly disappointed in the turn of cleanliness of the book. It didn't stay anywhere near as clean as the first.
I was also annoyed by the lack of understanding into plain scientific theories and proofs regarding electricity and computer components.

For my clean readers:
Massive amounts of violence, including murder and attempted rape. Language is also included, as well
Melissa Vargo Carlini
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So creative and kept me intrigued!

This book was awesome! I love how GP Ching brings new ideas and concepts to life in this series! I'm not usually a sci-fit reader but got the first book as a free book somewhere and was hooked instantly!! I also loved learning a little more about the Amish type lifestyle that she incorporates into the characters! READ THIS SERIES...YOU WON'T be disappointed!
Selaya Morton
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again surprisingly enjoyable. So many plot strings to follow; some expected, some not so much. The relatively idyllic start for Lydia & Korwin was never going to last and it was not a stretch to learn that certain members of her closed community were out to "get" him. To find her abilities backfiring upon her was not a huge surprise. Sheltered groups tend to be completely oblivious to the ways of others, no matter how they might be affected. We are then treated to some really convoluted ...more
Lisa Rector
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love!

Just as electrifying as the first novel. Most of the first half was in the Amish community, but it was great to see Lydia in her world. So many sizzling moments. I loved seeing Korwin’s darker side. I liked all of the secondary characters too. Such a fun urban fantasy world.
Patricia A Meyers
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The adventure continues

Ready to read more about the war between the Greens and the Liberty party As They fight in what for resources in a futuristic civil war. Only they are not fighting for freedom but also for valuable resources
Emily
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one! I’m not a huge fan of books that preach at you, but aside from that this was a great continuation of the story!
Leah
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great second book in the trilogy. I loved how everything was flipped from the first book and how Korwin and Lydia would keep revisiting their commitment to their beliefs. Another thing I loved was the length. These books are trimmed down to be action-packed weekend reads.
Merredith
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the Grounded Trilogy, which I started immediately after finishing book one. It begins with Lydia back in the Amish world, and at this point, I thought how interesting it would be to read a real life memoir by someone Amish. I looked and see more angry type ones that aren't always rated well. Does anyone know any good ones of people who are there and not angry they enjoyed? Things escalate quickly and we get to learn a lot more about this dystopian future, the government, and ...more
Kanchana Bandara-Coore
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2016
Read the trilogy. The first one was quite gripping, but by the third one it became a bit predictable. Told in the first person form different points of view, it is similar in style and genre to the Divergent series and The Hunger Games, but the the depth of the characters, and plot development cannot hold a candle to the other two series. Still a good book and a reasonable exploration of what could happen when any extreme of views and perspectives is allowed to take over the ruling of a country, ...more
Luisa
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun book! This one is more quick paced and there is a lot of adventure going on. I really enjoyed the characters and their fumbles and mistakes, and how they are getting past them. Lydia is really starting to see that the world isn't as black and white or as simple as she wants it to be. I did have a moment where I wanted to crawl into the book and slap some sense into Lydia, but it seems I didn't have to after all... Crisis of faith, getting lost, changing one's values.. Lots going on! ...more
Jodi Woody
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Two in the "Grounded" trilogy, "Charged" takes off right where book one left off. I am so loving this dystopian series so far. Great characters, and the story plot if fast paced and exciting. I love the romance, the intrigue, and the sci fi elements. There is no swearing, any sexual content is assumed, and there is fighting and violence, including torture. My favorite part is the main characters real struggle with her faith. I give it five stars, and can recommend for ages 16 and up.
Jamie Teixeira
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will there be babies...

I liked this book more than the first one. It does have a religious undertone but not overly so. The author is not trying to convert anyone but Ching does a pretty good job of showing how someone can become conflicted and even lose faith because of events in their life.
I appreciate that the books don't end on cliffhangers but I will be reading the next book when it comes out so I can get closure on Lydia and Korwin.
Cat
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Same great writing style, flawless editing, and intriguing plot. I liked this book slightly less because it felt exactly like what it is - a middle book in a trilogy. It wasn't so much a filler or anything, there was action and progress, I just didn't feel like there was enough. Plus there was a lot of wishy-washyness from Lydia, which I didn't appreciate.

Anyhow, on to #3, because I *must* know how it ends!
Heather Renee
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
can't wait for the next!

Great second book! I'm so glad you decided to turn the stand alone into a trilogy! Love reading about Lydia and korwin! I'll be waiting for book 3 with anticipation!
C.S. Lane
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

I chose this series because I had read other offerings by this author which were spellbinding.

The author delivered with this new series, a wonderfully formed circle of characters, setting, plot, and climax.
Erth
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gets better and better. Reminds me a bit of the Hunger Games. like the characters and the plot. a bit of mixed genres that i enjoy. magic, paranormal, action and love.

would recommend book 1 before this read....on to book 3 now
Julie
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
The plot seemed rather aimless, a series of events that just happened without leading anywhere in particular. Character development was very sudden and hard to swallow. Hoping for an ending that makes the read this far worth it.
Michelle
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Must read. There is no way you can finish book one and nit want to go right into this one. It just gets better.
jANET S Moore
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

The first books that I have read by this author is this series.. But it won't be the last. Excellent author ,excellent writing, love the concept.:
Lesli
I was expecting to not like this book as much as I did. Still, it suffers from being the 2nd in a trilogy. It also suffers a little from the convenience fairy.
Sam
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great and fast paced follow on from the first book. The characters grow up and develop and learn that sometimes you have to fight even if you don't want too. I loved it
Laurie Walz
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creative!

Loved the mix of Amish values with adventure and futuristic sci fi. Can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Miranda
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I didn't find this as focused as the first in this series, nor was it as clean (which is why I recommended it to begin with). However, I will finish out the trilogy and see where it goes.
Richard Plummer
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Above average trilogy

Pacing in the beginning could have been better but all in all still a good read. It's about time Lydia grew up.
Rachel
Mar 19, 2016 added it
Simply fantastic. If you enjoyed the first book in this series you will just love this one. More action, more drama and just more everything. Great heroes, great villains, great plot.
rosie coleman
Nikki
Nov 30, 2016

• Tracked (Mindspeak #4)
  • The Underlighters
  • Caste (The Corporation Series #1)
  • Accused (Ganzfield, #4)
  • War of Gods Box Set (War of Gods, #1-4)
  • Night Forbidden (Envy Chronicles, #5)
  • The Perimeter (Outside, #3)
  • Sea (Stranded #2)
  • Catalyst (Vampire Apocalypse, #2)
  • Riot
  • Deviation (Clone Chronicles #2)
  • Infraction (The Burn, #2)
  • Exposure (The Fringe, #2)
  • Program 13 (The Emile Reed Chronicles, #1)
  • The Corridor (The Corridor Duology, #1)
  • Angel In The Shadows (The Angel #1)
G.P. Ching is a USA Today bestselling author of fantasy novels for young adults and not-so-young adults. She bakes wicked cookies, is commonly believed to be raised by wolves, and thinks both the ocean and the North Woods hold magical healing powers. G.P.'s idea of the perfect day involves several cups of coffee and a heavy dose of nature. She splits her time between central Illinois and Hilton He ...more

The Grounded Trilogy (3 books)
  • Grounded (The Grounded Trilogy, #1)
  • Wired (The Grounded Trilogy, #3)