Start by marking “It Came from Beneath the Sink! (Goosebumps, #30)” as Want to Read:
It Came from Beneath the Sink! (Goosebumps, #30)

It Came from Beneath the Sink! (Goosebumps #30)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  5,770 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
THEIR LUCK'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN THE DRAIN...

Kat and her brother, Daniel, are so lucky. They just moved to a new house with tons of rooms, two balconies, and a lawn the size of a football field!
But all that good luck is about to run out.
Because there's something really evil living in their new house.
Something that's moving. Watching. Waiting.
Something that comes from beneath
Published 1995 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about It Came from Beneath the Sink!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Came from Beneath the Sink!

Carmen
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
And it made me wish that I had never opened that cabinet, never reached under the sink, and never found the spongy... thing.

Because now it was too late.

Too late for us all.

This book is severely creepy. I was creeped out by it as a child and I still am upon this re-reading.

Kat and her little brother Daniel move to a new house. There, they discover something under the kitchen sink. Something that looks like an old, dry brown sponge. But they soon notice that it is warm. And pulsing. And has beady
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η ιστορία αυτή νομίζω πως περισσότερο από οποιονδήποτε άλλο, μπορεί να τρομάξει τις μαμάδες μας. Κάπου βαθιά μέσα τους, είμαι βέβαιη πως τις τρομοκρατεί η ιδέα του τι κρύβουν οι σωληνώσεις των σπιτιών μας. Πέραν της πλάκας, το βιβλίο αυτό ισορροπεί αρκετά καλά ανάμεσα στην κωμική και την τρομακτική πλευρά του, προσφέροντάς μας μια ευχάριστη αναγνωστική εμπειρία, άσχετα από το ότι δεν μπορεί να μείνει αλησμόνητη. Ο λόγος που ίσως να έχει συντηρηθεί όλα αυτά τα χρόνια στη μνήμη μου, να είναι η τηλ ...more
David Santos
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The evil version of Spongebob SquarePants! The cover is misleading, you think there's a real monster, but its actually just a sponge. When the sponge was first introduced into the book, I thought it was dumb..and I still do, but I enjoyed it, if that makes sense. RL does a great job in making the sponge entertaining. The book was told through female first person. As you know I love so I got through the book rather quickly. The "curse" was consistent. Everyone that touched the sponge got hurt in ...more
Alexander Draganov
Absurd, hilarious and in the same time quite creepy! Another five star hit by R.L. Stine. Read the review in Bulgarian here:
Phillip
May 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory
A evil sponge? Well this is what this story is about. It is about a sponge that is found in the sink of the house. What this sponge does is that it causes bad luck for anyone that has possession of it. The owner of the sponge cant throw it out or else she will die in a day. This sponge laughs as the owner gets all these curses and things coming their way.

Eventually the sponge dies when you reverse the effect. If you can't kill it by hatred why not make the sponge not like you anymore. So Kat the
Sharise Love
Dec 25, 2007 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have no fear of sponges and potatoes...
OMG it sent shivers up my spine! I wasn't able to hold sponges after a while and didn't trust spongebob for a while either...LOL
Rocket to Mars
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picked
The strengths of this book come from introducing the antagonist pretty early on, so there's the entire book's length available to develop it, and the fact that it is not trying to harm the protagonists directly, but rather through means of bad luck.
Unfortunately the book then falls on many other aspects: a lot of the events seem to be recycled from previous Goosebumps, so much that in the first chapter I was starting to wonder if I had picked up Welcome to Dead House by mistake. The adults ignor
Mansuriah Hassan
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another book from my childhood. I was dusting up my book shelf and this book caught my attention, again! In the end, I stopped dusting and got distracted with this book for an hour (I always get distracted with books whenever dusting up my book shelf :D). Yes it took me an hour to finish reading this book.

This is the 30th Goosebumps series by R. L. Stine (he was my only favourite author during my childhood). It's about an evil sponge (imagine the evil version of Spongebob Squarepants! :D) found
Luke F
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently read the book Goosebumps: It Came From Beneath the Sink by: R.L. Stine. I thought it was a very good book because it was suspenseful and it always kept me guessing. It was suspenseful because when they lost the grule (the thing that came from beneath the sink) the encyclopedia about it says that if the grule is given away or lost the owner of the grule will die within a day. It kept me guessing because before they knew what the thing that came from beneath the sink was they were tryin ...more
Brynne
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goose-bumps
When I was in third grade this was one of my FAVORITE Goosebumps, well I hadnt read it in a few years so I decided to read it, it is about a sponge that is in a house that Kat had JUST moved into.
Well, the sponge caused bad luck, and they foung out it was really called a Grool. And whoever found it had to keep it or else they would die within one day, so they kept it, and they tried to kill it, but it would just form back into one piece. So finally they killed it by giving it love not hate, be
Ms.
May 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves mysterys
Recommended to Ms. by: no one
Shelves: adrian-v, alyssa-w
This book was great. It is about a brother and sister who find what they think is a sponge but as you keep reading you find out that they have found more than just that.-adrin

This book is about a brother and a sister who move in to a 3 story house and they like it at first but then they realize that something in the sink is alive. What could it be i learned that this book has a mystery that you have to find out at the end. Theses types of books make you have the chills or make you want to keep o
Glenn
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Not a bad book, but not one of my favourites. I wouldn't have expected a story about an evil sponge to be scary but there were some pretty creepy moments. The ending was fairly predictable though. Recommended for young readers or anyone who doesn't mind a light, easy read...and a bit of nostalgic cheesiness!

Read from October 5, 2013 - October 5, 2013
Lia
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si gli do 4 stelline perché l'ho letto come se fossi una bambina. Un po' rimpiango di non aver letto queste storie quando ero piccola perché sono sicura che mi sarei innamorata della lettura e anche delle storie.
Stine scrive bene e alla storia non manca niente anche se non è composta da centinai di pagine. Non ci sono momenti morti.
È davvero carino
Tommy
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like scary books
This book is about a girl named Kat who's family moved to a new house.But there's a mysterious creature under their kitchen sink thats alive!!!!Kat picks the mysterious creature up......But that might have been the biggest mistake in her life..................
Chandler
Katty who is also known as Kat to family found something under the sink but it brings bad luck to its owner but can Kat figure out a way to get rid of the thing or will she be filled up with bad luck for the rest of her life.

I like this book because it has a mythical creature and suspense.
Rebecca
Oct 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat and her bro, daniel, moved into a new house, they felt very luck. but that was about to run out. Because something evil is living in their new house. something that is moving, watching, and waiting.
Victoria Zigler
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a few things the characters did that either didn't make sense to me, or felt like they were done only to move the plot in the direction the author wanted it to go in. But other than that, this was another great addition to the Goosebumbps series.
Lashay Op
this story made me like never want to move ever again. this one actually gave me the creeps. this is one of his best books to me at least. he shoul make more like this one. verry intertaining, and verry terrifieng
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Kellie
Feb 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most goosebumps are only scary in correlation to me being under the age of 10 when I read them. This book was genuinely scary...erm... like I said, the details are fuzzy, but something about a potato making your life miserable, um, it was more convincing in the book....
Jessica Feltz
Jul 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: other elementary school children
Very cute! My eldest son, Josh, recommended this book to me. It's a fun page turner that feels scary (to my 8-year-old) without being nightmarish-scary. What I loved about it: the surprise ending!! Love truly conquers all...
Patricia
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the Goosebumps series when I was a kid!! I read every one -- several times!!!
Alexis
Sep 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was alright, definatly kept me away from beneath the sink for a while... lol
Reuben Sady
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's still a lot of love for this franchise and deservedly so. Yes it's silly, yes it's corny, yes it's kid's stuff. Still, I read the whole thing with a grin on my face. It's wonderful.
Latrelle
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this tale was awsome i recommend it for everyone under the age of 17 lol
Martin
Mar 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EN ESTE LIBRO HABLA QUE UN MONSTRO SE APARESE EN UNA CASA CON ABITNTES QUE TINENEN MIDEDO DE ESE MONTRO.
xPaigexthexrainbowxladyx
Lol, I got scared of this when I was little, I didn't touch a sponge for a week!
Ben
Jan 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't my favorite Gossebumps book but it was pretty good. It had good characters and good writing.
Cws
May 19, 2009 added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Sti
vampire (dipita) grul
it under the sink
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Uma Aventura Secreta
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)