Start by marking “Playing Hard to Forget” as Want to Read:
Playing Hard to Forget

Playing Hard to Forget

Ethan Robertson never asked to be the latest in a long line of werewolf hunters, but the war between his family and the werewolf Kinnairds has raged on for a millennium, and he is expected to fight like all the Robertsons before him. But then he meets Liam Kinnaird, a gorgeous, mysterious werewolf Ethan falls hard for. Despite the danger, they carry on a torrid affair unti ...more
Published December 26th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Playing Hard to Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing Hard to Forget

SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

2.75 HEARTS--The paranormal erotic romance of "Playing Hard to Forget" by new author Piper Doone features two men who fall in love in their twenties and continue to love each other for over twenty years. Warning: MF sex scenes (secondary and main character), cheating. This book has a lot of elements: GFY NA, enemies to lovers, amnesia, 40+ older main characters, long lost lovers and the two warnings I mentioned. (I don't mind het sex BTW) Was it a smooth ride? Not really.
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Rhonda

Hello and Seasons Greetings dear readers. I am so thrilled to share this author with you. Piper Doone certainly knows how to keep you turning the pages with her story about Ethan Robertson and Liam Kinnaird, members of opposing families in a feud that goes back a thousand years. A feud started inadvertently by a Robertson ancestor named Straun, a humble hunter who saved the life of his king by killing the wolf threatening to kill him. Accolades, riches and land were given
Clovernmax
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to read Liam and Ethan's story. While yes there are wolves involved, it is more a growing in love story and over-coming intense hatred. There were many obstacles but they did not detract from the story instead they added to the intensity of the book. It was very much a story of vendettas and hope for the future.I would consider this book to be very re-readable.
Romance
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really felt this one. Every moment, every emotion. Finished in less than a day and is on my reread list which says much.
Didi
There are many werewolves/shifters stories involving war among different packs, against vampire or, such as this one, human hunters. The story began rather promisingly, if somewhat drone, with the background setting at prologue. With such elaborate beginning, I was rather hopeful for a good story. I mean, a thousand years feud, right? This was gonna be an awesome dynamic book! Alas, that was not what happened.

The story was told as third person from Ethan’s POV. About the first one third of the b
Raj
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
How could something that started off so epically good end up so epically bad.The main male characters faded into the woodwork like yesterday's news while the villainess Fiona shone front & center like a fallen star.She should have been hung from the highest tree midway into the book.

I felt little or no connection between the adult versions of the boys & that's were the book fails in the second part as everything rushes towards a resolution.
Betryal
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story really did it for me. The plot behind it, the chemistry was there between the characters and you could just cut the thickness of it with a knife.
I'm a lover of shifter stories, but this one held a special, spicy edge with the whole memory loss idea. I finished this story in almost one sitting.

Kudos to the author!
Donna
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet love story with HOT sex and tragically flawed, real characters who aren't the typical perfect romantic story leads. Interesting plot twists and, thank god, not cliche.
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

This was a little like a fairytale when it started. In my mind I could hear “once upon a time” as we learn about a wolf that was killed and a feud between the Robertson and Kinnaird families that lasted a millennium. The Robertson’s were hunters and the Kinnaird’s were werewolves and both families were destined to be enemies for eternity.

Ethan Robertson’s father Charles is the fanatical leader of the hunters and actively looks for wolves to persecute. He follows h
Andrea Goodell
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
We have Ethan, a young college kid that has been born into a hunter family. His father, Charlie is a leader and teaching his children the family ways of killing and hating wolf shifters. His much younger sister, Fiona acts like she doesn’t like it, but you quickly find out she is following in her dad’s footsteps. Ethan on the other hand doesn’t agree and feels that this feud has gone on long enough. Liam is a shifter and also agrees with Ethan. They quickly fall into a private love affair that F ...more
Jade
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book!!! Loved the characters, and the story! I like how it's wolf verses hunter. I would recommend it!!
Coco
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good. Good plot. Good writing. Good characters. Good twists. Finished in about a day and will def. reread.
Tristan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter
3~3.5/5

I enjoy some aspect of the story, but others felt a bit silly. The first half of the book was nice, but I can't say the same about the later half. I feel like so many things were happening in the second half when they didn't have to. However it was a fun read.
Sankhadeep Ghosh
Amanda
Jan 01, 2015
angelofthursday
Dec 31, 2014
Dreamspinner Press: Playing Hard To Forget by Piper Doone 1 9 Dec 29, 2014 10:26AM
Piper Doone hates filling out bios and makes up, like, 90% of what she puts in them. She was born on a pirate ship in the year 1723 and raised by Vikings in a small village off the coast of Liechtenstein. Her goals include taking over a small country and bribing the people who give out Oscars to retroactively award several to the cast of the 1996 comedy classic Down Periscope.

She has a mad passion