Start by marking “Everly After” as Want to Read:
Everly After

Everly After

All truths burn bright and clear. I’m still waiting in the dark.

Everly Monteith has traded her life of glitter, parties, and self-destruction for waitressing at a Parisian café. She’s put the tragedy that sent her across the Atlantic in the past—until her toxic ex shows up and sends her reeling once more. Her fresh start begins slipping away until a smug British war corres
Paperback
Published November 2014 (first published October 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Everly After, please sign up.
Rebecca Paula Everly After is a standalone, but I will be offering a bonus epilogue to readers soon on social media if you'd like to see what they're up to :)
Rebecca Paula Oh, great question!

Oh, great question!

I've always known Everly in every version of this story(and there were many), but it wasn't until I rewrote the story this year that I really got to know Beckett. It surprised me how much of this story became his after finishing.

I wrote this story when I was 16 and put it away, never thinking it'd see the light of day again. But what always drew me back to rewriting it was the honest connection between Beckett and Everly. They are two truly broken characters when the story begins, and I love the imperfect way they become perfect for one another. I know they might be tough to love, but they found and love each other. So for me, that's the perfect ending. (less)

Mihaela
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that messes with your head and shows you how twisted human psyche is.

What we have in this novel is a disaster waiting to happen. Two unbalanced individuals – one on the path of self destruction and the other seeking peace- coming together in what might be the relationship that finally destroys both of them.

To be honest, I don’t really know why I picked this book for review. I think it was the fact that the synopsis hints at a man who’s been in the army and now deals wi
Lorie
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my review at Sinfully Sexy .

4.5 STARS

description

Everly After is a smart, heartbreaking character driven story about a broken girl and a broken boy who never wanted to like each other in the first place.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!!! I love it when a totally amazing book comes out of nowhere. To say I’m impressed in an understatement. I LOVED IT TO PIECES!!! I cannot believe this is a debut offering. Everly After hooked me from chapter one. The writing is wonderfully rich and intelligent. The story has a
1-Click Addict Support Group
Everly After by Rebecca Paula is absolutely brilliant. I LOVED this book! It really struck a chord with me, and most of it had to do with how it was written. The writing is gorgeous, Ms. Paula is insanely talented, and her words are mesmerizing. This is evidenced by the amount of highlighting present in my Kindle. I typically don’t highlight as I read, I like to ingest the story as it unfolds without interrupting, but so many parts of this book begged to be remembered!

“All truths burn bright and
Jae (Bookish Bluebird)
*4 stars!*
"Sometimes there's good in what scares us."
Everly After isn't what I'd classify as your typical new adult contemporary read. It had quite a dark and depressing tone during many parts of the book. Mainly because of the heroine, Everly. She's settled into a life that she doesn't find meaningful. She's very much struggling to find a purpose, and it made me sad to see her take one step forward only to go back five. She made a lot of poor decisions which made her a hard character for me t
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
This was okay. The story is great in the sense that it's not the bad boy & good girl story, but good guy & bad girl dynamics instead. Sort of. Every is such a broken character and it was really hard to root for her at times due to the brokeness, because it made her do things that just didn't make any sense. I liked Beckett for the most part, but him calling Everly a pet as a endearment? Omg lol. The first time I read the word pet I think I blinked rapidly at least 5 times while thinking ...more
Tracey Nelson
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first started this book I found it a little off putting. I don't mind reading damaged characters, but I was having a hard time relating to Everly and Beckett. However, as I continued reading, my heart grew and my understanding did as well and I ended up loving this one. It was full of heartbreak, loss, guilt, grief and longing. But the one thing that was the biggest shining point was love.

Everly is a young woman who is ultimately lost. After a not so good last few years, and some very un
Kika
HEA: (view spoiler)

3.5 - let's round it up to 4 - "pet" stars

*Everly*

*Beckett*

Everly After must be one of the most depressing books I've read in the past year. A very well-written one, but still very depressing.

Did I enjoy reading it? Honestly I don't know, but what i do know is that i felt compelled to keep reading it. So, i finished the whole book in one sitting (yep,
Erica Monroe
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to read and critique an early version of this before release.

Paula's debut is a gritty punch to the gut and a bold look into the lives of two very flawed - and very real - characters. Everly and Beckett struggle with issues that will resonate with readers, and Paula is unflinching in her portrayal of their pain, fears, and blossoming new love. A brave book that proves Paula will be a rising star in the new adult genre.
Alexis
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I want to say out loud that I was not prepared for this book in any way. It made me late for work, it made me want to extend my lunch hour, and it made me want to stay home on a Friday night and finish it.

Everly After is the epitome of two broken souls finding their way to each other and navigating life together. Their lives are better when they are together. Apart, they are both a mess.

“”Are you going to kiss me? ‘ He tilts his head closer, his voice warm against my cheek. ‘You wo
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lover*
Gossip Girl meets Nicholas Sparks novel in a perfect combo is what comes to mind when I think of Everly After. So to say the least I freaking loved it!!! Everly After has this completely unique and addicting feel to it that will have you flipping through the pages like a madman. But first let me explain why I combo’ed Gossip Girl and Nicholas Sparks and why that mix reminds me of Everly After.

From the start of this novel we are introduced to Everly, a Manhattan socialite princess, party girl, th
Candiefloss
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2-review

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I have to say, going into this i judged the book by its cover expecting a lovey dovey hearts and flowers romance in Paris. It's better! It's dark, it's gritty and it's heartbreaking.

'We’re like dominoes, Beckett and I. I’ve tipped us forward until everything is set in motion. I can’t stop us from colliding, so I should enjoy the fall while it lasts.'

This sentence about sums up the majority of this book. It's a train wreck. A world
Julie
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

This was the story of Everly and Beckett, two broken people, trying to find a little happiness in the world. This story was enjoyable enough, especially if you are new to the NA genre. If you’ve read a bunch of these type books, you might (like me) find many of them to basically be on repeat, though.

The book was well written, but seemed to drag in places to me. This may be the result of my lack of connection to Everly, though. I di
Amanda
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

I’m going to start you off with the messages I sent to my friend Christina while reading this book:

Holy shit this book is intense.

This is so much more than I expected!

I don’t even know what to say. I’m totally on edge and am going to have to finish tonight.

And if I read this book for Beckett to die ** ***** I am going to be supremely pissed!

I even tweeted at Rebecca Paula that she had better not break my heart!

So now almost a week later-my heart is recover
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

I liked this book. It was a different change of pace to the contemporary romance and was written in a brilliant fashion. This was a great story about learning to move on from your past and embracing a bright future. This book has many ups and downs, taking you on an emotional ride that will have you tearing up and smiling at the end (and possibly do a fist pump or two!).

This is Everly and Beckett's story. Everly is a spoiled heiress who is a serious hot mess and living a reckless life. C
Sgiova
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
This was an interesting read with complex characters. Tragic lifestyles that twist their worlds upside down was emotionally turbulent for me as the reader. The start was brilliantly orchestrated giving me the false impression of Everly being less unbalanced but quickly morphed into light showing the troubled individual she really was and the struggles she tried to fight. My feelings for Beckett's character was confusing at times. Liking him
Twin Opinions
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Finally! A book that isn't I love you on the first day. A romance that seems real and develops nicely with the read. Truth be told I really enjoyed this read. The writing was beautiful. I'm not one of those readers who likes a lot of description. Lets get to the plot and the action. Paula wrote in a way that the descriptions didn't bog the story down, but instead added a beauty.

I loved the characters too. Like I said earlier, this book develops nicely, as do the characters. There is also a bit
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
I don't know where to begin, this book was well written, painful heartbreaking.. I wanted Everly to find her way so much, I wanted Beckett to be the game changer...I was looking for the fight to live. This book is full of angst and sorrow. Sometimes life is harder to crawl out of bad situations...

But it is refreshing to read a book that is not all flowers and roses...best part is watching these two broken people fight their way to the top!

Great debut novel;)
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
I AM NUMB AND HAPPY AND A MESS BECAUSE OF EVERLY AFTER.

Review link: EVERLY AFTER http://hopelessbooklovers.wordpress.c...
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
DNF. 39 pages.

This is the first book in my life that I've never finished reading. I don't know, I just couldn't get into it and the characters annoyed me.
Sara
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, new-adult
I love when genre books surprise me. The sharp edges of this book are delicious.
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everly After, Rebecca Paula
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
So, when I looked at this book it had some mixed reviews, seems some loved it and others hated it – but I was intrigued by the description and decided to see for myself. I’m in the “loved it” category though I’m unsure if I’d re read it.
At first it’s easy to just see Everly as this “poor little rich girl” in a sarky way, when we think with all that money she can’t possibly have problems. However though lack of money can and does v
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: given-for-review
I was kindly provided with a copy of Everly After to read and review.

Drawn in to this by the captivating synopsis I couldn't wait to get started on this book thinking I was going for quite a typical romance with two broken damaged souls who struggle to hold themselves and each other together and the inevitable happily ever after. I became stunned pretty quickly when I realised just how different it was from what I was anticipating it to be. It came across more as a descriptive book about the fra
Chu
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT ►►► AMAZON

They were a train wreck waiting to happen. Separately, their baggage is already overloaded and to include another person with the same amount of baggage of more is a little bit crazy. To say that they are complicated, most especially Everly would be a complete understatement. It took some time to understand her, to warm up to her – she was spiraling down, and you are there watching her ruining her life for reasons unknown to you and I
Kathrin
I received a free copy of this book.

'Everly After' is the story of Everly and Beckett. Both have gone through a lot in their past and eventually lost themselves. When they first meet each other in Paris both try to run from everything that hurts and just want to hide. Slowly, they learn that hiding can't be the answer to their problems. They fall in love and play a dangerous games because falling head over heels into a new relationship won't help them either.

I had a difficult time to sum up wha
Maggie
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, ebook, new-adult, romance
Everly After isn't a bad book and it also stays away from many New Adult tropes, but still, while I enjoyed it, there was something that held me back from really liking it or respecting Rebecca Paula as an author. I picked up this book partially because I had hoped that Beckett's serious professional job as a journalist would make him less like the brooding, trouble NA leading men that drive me up the wall. And while Beckett is definitely battling demons from his childhood and his time in Afghan ...more
Amanda
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for a review.

This novel was not what I was expecting. I expected a light contemporary romance. What I got was something darker and sadder than I'd been prepared for. In truth, I think the romance aspect took a backseat to a story of a man and women dealing with different mental illnesses and how those illnesses came into play during their relationship.

The writing was really good, and the word that springs to mind is "sensual." The author uses every
BookWorm 221
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, arcs-2015

www.bookworm221.tumblr.com

description

Thank you so much to Rebecca Paula and the New Adult Book Club for kindly providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit to some mixed feelings about this book, I would like to emphasize that I liked it and that I found the subject matter very compelling and very well written, the only problem I had was with the way it was edited, sometimes there wasn't a clear way of saying that the characters were not in the same place, or who t
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm just going to sit here and cry because Rebecca can actually do no wrong.

I started this book a bit on the fence because Between Everything & Us is my favourite book ever, I have never read a more wonderful and spectacular book in my life, so I was a bit scared Everly After wouldn't be as good but I'm immensely happy now that I've finished it because I was wrong, Everly After is just as wonderful.

I won't lie to you, this was definitely a hard book to read, Everly and Beckett are two broken
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

When I first started reading this, I was a little wary. It's difficult for me to get into a story if the main character is a little hard to like. But as I kept reading, seeing events unfold, seeing Everly exposed, I was drawn into the story. I wanted to see where everything was leading.

Beckett and Everly were a perfect pairing. He could see beyond the outer shell, into the person Everly truly was. I really liked that. O
Brittany
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Book kindly provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*

4/5 Stars!

Everly After definitely did not play out like I was expecting. When I initially started reading this, I expected something light and fluffy and that is not what I got! It was deep and gritty and emotional and overall amazing.

Everly infuriated me at times, but by the end she redeemed herself! She started out as a complete HOT MESS, and as the book progresses she does too. You see her develop as a character and it’s a wo
« previous 1 3 4 next »
New Adult Book Club: #70/15 ~ Everly After by Rebecca Paula COPIES ALL GONE 20 45 May 27, 2015 03:37PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update my cover 2 24 Nov 28, 2014 03:08PM
  • French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • Pitch Imperfect
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Payoff Pitch (Philadelphia Patriots, #5)
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Flirting With The Competition
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Bounce (Boomerang, #3)
  • The Duality Principle (The Portland Rebels, #1)
  • Precious Things
  • Now and Then (Dare to Love, #3)
  • Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)
  • How to Beguile a Duke  (How To, #1)
  • My First, My Last
  • The Turning Point
**Stay connected. Sign up for Rebecca's newsletter for the latest release news, exclusive excerpts, and giveaways.**

Rebecca writes sexy, emotional contemporary and historical romances about flawed characters brave enough to live outside the lines and embrace the messy and complicated bits of life and love. Also, there’s kissing.

She’s a champion of Byronic heroes, a wanderlust connoisseur, a hopel
“There is never going to be a good time for us. You can’t force together two objects whose edges are worn in some spots and jagged in others. We’re not puzzle pieces. We’re two people who have a world of shit between them. But my mind is quiet when our gazes meet.” 3 likes
“I remember the way his eyes pinned my body against the backdrop of Paris as if I was some rare butterfly pinned to an exhibit box.” 3 likes