Start by marking “Snowy River Man” as Want to Read:
Snowy River Man

Snowy River Man

The last time Katrina Delaney saw Jack Fairley was the morning after a one-night stand, when she discovered he was engaged to be married. Seven years later, she dreams of a missing boy – Jack’s son. Katrina has worked with police to find missing children before, and she knows she must help. But seeing Jack again comes with its own set of dangers, and Katrina fears the risk ...more
Published February 22nd 2015 by Escape Publishing - Harlequin Enterprises, Australia Pty Ltd (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Snowy River Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowy River Man

Brenda
When Katrina Delaney heard there was a missing boy up in the Snowy Mountains, the tremor she felt brought back the vividness of the dream – the boy in her dream was trapped and frightened…was it the same child? When she was told who the father of the child was; one Jack Fairley – she knew she had to put the grief of the past seven years to one side to help find Jack’s son.

Jack had been riding the silver brumby in the rodeo while six year old Nick had been watching from the sidelines; but when J
Jenny
Snowy River Man is about forgiveness and a second chance of love. One night Katrina Delaney woke up from a dream about a missing boy. When Katrina Delaney listen to news next day, she realises it was the son of Jack Fairley who she had a one night stand seven years before. Katrina Delaney decided to go to the rural property to find the child. The readers of Snowy River Man will continue to follow Jack Fairley and Katrina Delaney to see what happens.

Snowy River Man is the first book I have read o
Kathryn
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Snowy River Man is the first published novel by Lizzy Chandler. I enjoyed it on the whole and look forward to any more books that she might publish.

I really liked the writing, the sensory details that brought Outback Australia to life. It was very easy to visualise and imagine the landscape and characters. There was an interesting array of characters - Katrina and Jack of course, Nick a young boy who goes missing and hankers for his mother. An older man who lives in a run down cottage and an imp
Julia Damatto
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

*Snowy Mountains - Australia*

I read this book in one night, it's a real page turner, the plot is full of suspense, mystery, and when you're sure of what is going to happen next, the author changes the direction and leaves you again, desperate to know how things are going to resolve!

The intensity and chemistry between Katrina and Jack is undeniable, you could almost feel it, is so strong! All that in a countryside so beautiful described, you could just close your eyes and see the stars, and smell
Dorine
A first book by a new Australian author who writes rapid-pace suspense that will implore your anticipation of the happy-ever-after these characters so deserve. Easily read in one sitting, you won't be able to stop until the last page.

Jack Fairley isn't afraid to ride a wild silver brumby stallion for show, but he becomes very afraid when his six-year-old son Nick wanders away from the rodeo arena. Jack agrees to let a psychic help him find his son, until he realizes the psychic is someone from h
Erin
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
It sounds ridiculous, but I've been staring at this review for two days. I keep hoping inspiration will strike and I'll come up with some fabulously witty introduction, something that explains my interest in Lizzy Chandler's Snowy River Man, but I've got nothing. I picked it up because I wanted a bit of light reading. My brain was fried and having just come off Mitchell Zuckoff's Lost in Shangri-la, I needed something that wouldn't require too much concentration on my part.

To be fair, Chandler'
Bree T
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Katrina Delaney hears news of a missing boy she knows immediately that it’s connected to the dream she had. This has happened to her before and she’s worked with police to find missing children in the past. This situation will be different for Katrina though. This time she knows the missing boy’s father.

Seven years ago Katrina and Jack Fairley had a one night stand before she discovered that he was engaged to be married. She hasn’t seen him since. Even though seeing him now will be difficul
Sophia
It was the title...le sigh. Ever since a certain movie released and had such sweeping scenery, music, and storyline, I have been enchanted by this region of Australia and the rugged life there. I didn't even give the blurb more than a glance which as many know, this is so unlike me. Thus, I wasn't sure what to expect, but still ended up with an interesting light romantic suspense and a brooding second chance romance that kept me reading through one sitting.

The story opens with Jack and his son a
Denise
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you love romance, mystery and magic (and a jolly good read), I highly recommend Lizzy Chandler's debut novel, Snowy River Man. For me, the strongest parts of the story were the vivid, detailed descriptions of the Australian landscape, the main character Katrina's psychic experiences, and the emotional connection between Katrina and the little boy Nick. I look forward to reading more works by this author.
Jess
Snowy River Man is the début romance novel from Aussie Author Lizzy Chandler. Lizzy is better known as Elizabeth Lhuede for her writing and her founding role in creating the Australian Women Writers Challenge.

After dreaming of a distressed boy Katrina Delaney is left feeling shaken.The next day she hears news that a child (Nick) has gone missing in the Snowy River Mountains and she knows with absolute certain that the child in question is the same one she envisioned the night before. But can she
Sam Still Reading
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those looking for a fresh, action packed romance
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: from the author/publisher - thanks!
Snowy River Man is an incredible debut from Lizzy Chandler, combining a number of elements in this romantic story. There’s multiple suspense elements, short term lovers reunited, a secret baby plus family mysteries to unravel. Plus the heroine has visions that help her to find lost people – what more could you ask for in this action packed story?

The story begins with a little boy, Nick, going missing at a rodeo in the high country of New South Wales. That night, a woman far away in Sydney has a
Love Reading Romance
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Katrina has a psychic dream about a lost boy and knows she needs to travel to the Snowy Mountains to help save him. She knows better than to ignore her dreams, but she also knows the boy's father and he's the last person she wants to see. Jack and Katrina had a night of passion before Jack married another woman, but now Katrina is pulled back into his life and all her feelings for him are coming back to the surface. Katrina and Jack are both determined to do what is best for Jack's son, but that ...more
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

Lizzy Chandler's debut novel, Snowy River Man, is an engaging contemporary romance, with an edge of suspense, set in rural Australia.

Katrina Delaney is stunned when she learns that the lost and frightened child she has seen in her dream is Jack Fairley's son. Seven years ago she and Jack spent a single passionate night together, only for everything to fall apart the morning after.
Jack Fairley is frantic when his young son disappears while at a rodeo, seemingly without a trace, and he is willin
Lily Malone
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heroine who is psychic... And a story with hardly any backstory (in fact - I finished it and I have so many questions!)
This is a reunion romance which brings Jack Fairly and Katrina Delaney back together after 7 years apart. We learn that these two had an incredible one night stand, filled with intimacy and love, which broke apart when Katrina opened a newspaper in the hotel room and saw photographs announcing Jack's engagement. She runs away, only to discover she is pregnant, and she never se
Deborah
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Katrina Delaney wakes from a dream about a missing boy. Given her history of successfully finding missing children, the vision is still playing on Katrina's mind when she hears a news story about a child who's missing.

Unsurprised her vision's correct, she's most certainly shocked when she realises she knows the boy's father, having had a rather unfortunate one-nighter with Jack Fairley many years earlier.

Despite their difficult history, Katrina presents herself to Jack and his family to help se
Ann-Marie
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
First, I must confess that this is not the sort of genre I usually read. Second, I confess that I know the author. I do however promise that this is a sincere review. I started to read a bit reluctantly and was surprised when what I thought was the mystery obviously wasnt. I continued to read and suddenly I became aware that I didnt want to stop. I just had to know what had happened!

This novel is a mixture of romance and suspense and even if I found it a bit too romantic for my taste I must adm
Cathleen Ross
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. Sensitive. Delving into the story of a woman who has a haunted side who finds her happy ending.
Sonja
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Snowy River Man is a short but tension-filled romance novel that goes beyond the normal Mills and Boon formula of boy meets girl, explosive passion occurs, conflict erupts followed by passionate happy-ever-after resolution, to offer depth and complexity to the main characters, and delves into the realm of psychic abilities with credibility.

Romance novels aren’t a genre that I normally read and I wasn’t sure how I’d take to this book. So, it was a pleasant surprise to discover that the writing ha
Lisa Chaplin
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't read much romance these days, but this book took me by surprise. Thoughtful, insightful and with a beautiful, vivid landscape, Chandler used a storyline I don't normally enjoy and made it less about her "gift" than about its consequences and its tie to family. With a flawed hero aiming at redemption without being self-flagellating, and a heroine expecting nothing and giving without fanfare, Chandler took a potentially melodramatic storyline and made it something deeper and quieter withou ...more
Bashayer Al Hakami
There was always something to make you go while reading this novel, I enjoyed it a lot and I found it hard to distinguish between I'd as shortcut, either is I would/ should or had. As an Arabic speaker reading Australian novel for the first time, I let myself in the flow of her writing, so much details to describe a rural plot. Beautiful story, love, intimacy and a bit of sweet romance. I noticed that the ending was a little rushed but it doesn't really affect the plot.
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
Apr 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
I had a really hard time getting into this book. It started out with a lot of promise, but it just never fully captured my attention. It's not clear from the book description that one of the characters claims to be psychic, which I'm not a fan of. (view spoiler) By the end, I was skimming just to finish.

I received a free galley of this book
Helen
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story it has a lot of twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages the setting is so lovely heroine Katrina Delaney has physic powers and for some reason they have been coming more often when there is a little boy lost and one of them brings her to The Snowy Mountains in NSW and this starts a very emotional journey to a HEA with Jack Fairley and a re-kindled love with lots of secrets unravelled. A very good story that I highly recommend.
Tanya Vought
If you're looking for a debut book that is filled with magic, mystery and romance this is the book for you!

D.B. Tait
Beautiful writing and an unexpected suspense element make Snowy River Man a very satisfying read. Lovely part of Australia depicted in this book.
Nadiene Jimenez
Oct 18, 2015
Alan Price
Dec 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lizzy Chandler has published two ebooks: a romantic suspense, By Her Side; and a rural romance, Snowy River Man.

Snowy River Man is also now in print as part of the Country Secrets anthology by Mira (August 2016) with other best-selling Australian authors, Mandy Magro and Sarah Barrie.

Lizzy lives in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.

You can find her on Twitter: @Lizzy_Chandler and Facebook