Start by marking “He Kissed Me First (Kiss and Make Up #2)” as Want to Read:
He Kissed Me First (Kiss and Make Up #2)

He Kissed Me First

(Kiss and Make Up #2)

"Trust me - If there's one thing I'm not attracted to, it's an arrogant, selfish and foul-mouth hockey player. I know what I want, and Matthew Wakefield isn't it." - Cecelia Carter

From the first moment they laid eyes on each other, all Cecelia Carter and Matthew Wakefield do is bicker. Fight. Even though he is her roommates brother, Cece just can't stand the sight of him,
Published November 27th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about He Kissed Me First, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

Matthew and Cecelia’s story was funny, sweet, and cute. Such a nice addition to this increasing lovable group. And of course I loved getting more Weston & Molly 💗

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
♥ Sarah
Mar 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
Actual rating: 1.5 stars*

I thought this book would be a light, fun, guilty-pleasure read featuring my favorite, "enemies to lovers" trope. But what started off as light and comedic, quickly turned sour. I had to force myself to finish (I was SO close to giving up). In short, this book was as fun as watching paint dry.

Translation: Skip it.

For the first time in a long time, I DID NOT like the fact that there were 2 POVs. The writing was juvenile, and perhaps if the characters were in HIGH-SCH
Carmen
Another cover in which it seems as if the female is taking sexual initiative. Making a note.
Jacqueline
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 witty and light with good tension, exactly what I was hoping for.
Alla
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great one from Sara Ney.
It was fantastic. Sooooo funny at times and I kept laughing out loud again and again.
I love when books have some good humor in them.
Claudia
This was quite disappointing. They were immature and although it was sometimes funny it got on my nerves.
Matthew was definitely a jerk a lot of times and for all his childishness still a bit adorable. In the end he was the one who was more mature and knew what he wanted
Cecilia came across as immature, insecure and quite sexual repressed.

So it was not really what I expected and definitely not as funny as I hoped
Gogol
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Two and a half stars for a boring, slow, annoying story, with rare scenes which gave you hope for the story to pick up and then disappointed you pretty soon enough.
Idiotic, annoying, insecure, entitled, repressed heroine, who at the same time has somewhat no real self respect for herself underneath her facade.
Slightly better hero.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story. Boring. Felt like ten times it’s real length.
Imani (Enamored Reads)
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was SUCH a great enemies to lovers by the wonderful Sara Ney.

I laughed WAY more than I probably should’ve and the slow burn in this one was pure TORTURE! Seriously I thought I was dying.

Matthew the asshole ended up being Matthew the asshole with a heart. And I absolutely LOVED Cecilia in all her confident badassery!

I honestly wondered how Ney would pull off them being together in the end with all the build up coupled with the twist and turns each character was facing regarding their futu
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I hate to admit this, but I was a tinsy bit hesitant to dive into this baby. I wanted to read it because I love and adore HTDADB, ADORE, but coming off of Kissing in Cars, which I liked but didn’t love, I was a afraid that a trend was starting. So like any good bibliophile, I took a step back, read a bunch of other books - some I loved, some not so much - and (with the deadline looming) I dove back in and I must thank the book gods because I really liked this one. It was funny, sw
Siobhan Davis
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book two in the Kiss and MakeUp series is the story of Molly's brother Matthew and we watch as he falls in love with her roommate, Cecelia. Both Matt and Cece were freaking nuts and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments in this book and it definitely had me giggling throughout. The emails and texts were very funny and were a quirky touch. I liked that we caught up with Molly and West and it was funny to see how Matt and West sparked off one another. I did find it difficult to get into this ...more
Escape into a Booksite
I was hoping that Matthew would redeem himself in this book, but he's as big of a douche, if not more so, in this book than the first. I didn't really like any of the characters in this at all. I found myself smiling sometimes at the ridiculous messages and emails, but for the most part this is two college age adults behaving like children in high school or younger.

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Amy
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Good and bad-- the good kept it from being 2 stars, but the bad kept it from being 4 stars.

The good-- at times this book was laugh-out-loud funny. I really did laugh! The story is cute, and the characters interesting. It's totally fine for a beach read when you just want to veg out. My favorite parts were the banter through email and text. The characters made me laugh, and I really enjoy that in a book.

But there were some serious problems with the premise of the book and I'm still struggling wit
Liz
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm sad to say that I didn't quite enjoy this book as much as Sara Ney's other book, "How To Date a Douchebag". The characters acted immature for their age
Clau
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lo único que puedo decir es que odié a Cecelia (creo que es un personaje demasiado indefinido) y que Matt es un idiota. Un desperdicio de mi tiempo.
Tenía tantas expectativas...
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

He Kissed Me First is the next book in the series in the Kiss and Make Up series and another hit in this incredible series y'all that's become quite addictive. And the writing this time around was sweet, light, fun with incredible banter, unforgettable characters, loads of giggling on my end, and all of the feelings in the very best ways.

Matthew (Molly from book one's brother!!) and Cecilia lived up to all the expectations I had and left me with a big smile on my face. Undeniable chemist
Anna Doe
* 3.5 - 4 stars *

I wasn't really a big fan of the first book in Kiss and Make Up series, Kissing in Cars. It was a bit too cheesy and too teenage-TV-drama-like for my taste - full review - but I loved her other series so I decided to give the second book a chance. I'm glad I did because it's way better than the first book!

Cecilia and Matthew are funny and witty. There is no dull moment with those two. I love the whole love/hate relationship going on between the two of them, and how despite it t
Julie Guay-de la ronde
this is not my first book by this author and am enjoying her other series. However, this book seemed a little long winded for me and immature.the first 75% was good, then I felt like it was dragging a bit. It was super funny and I did like the main characters, but the surrounding ones were just too much.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Enemies to lovers is my favorite trope to read. This slow burn....dare I say douchebagish book really did it for me.
Cecilia gave Matthew hell when he was a complete jerk and I loved it.
I didn't get the YA model feel like I did in the first book and I liked that. The content was more mature even if the characters bickered like children....which I loved. All that banter was a great build up!!!
All in all this is my favorite in this series so far.

Reviewed by: Heather S.
Lisa Mandina
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Book 2 was really funny because I already knew Molly and Weston, and I have to say that I adored Weston in this one. While he was definitely pretty much whipped/in love, whatever you want to call it, he was still an annoying boy. I laughed so hard out loud so many times during this book! Matthew was definitely fitting of the douchebag title that Ney's other series uses to describe its leading men. You'd start to think he was coming over to be a good guy, then out would pop the jerk ag ...more
Kathleen R.
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: He Kissed Me First
Author: Sara Ney

4 unexpected stars

When you have a great thing going, keep going for it, and that seems to be exactly what Sara Ney did with her books. Seeing as how college bound 'men' and the women who are strong enough to tolerate them, she gives them her full attention. I simply can't get enough of it and wish there was more. Always more. I'm not sure if that's being selfish of me or simply a moment of fangirling going on, especially as i read Cecelia and Matthew'
Cara Q
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Missed the mark !!!Not worth the time!!

I hate giving bad reviews since I know how hard it must be to publish your stories as an author,but this book missed the mark big time!!!! Very immature,slow moving,no plot or character development!All I can say is blaghhh_! better luck next time!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
After meeting Matthew Wakefield quickly in Kissing In Cars, I was not a fan. What a complete jerk.

With He Kissed Me First being his story, I was hoping that it was just because we didn't know him that well that he came across as a giant douchecanoe.

Nope, I was wrong.

In fact, he was even more unlikable in He Kissed Me First than in the first book. He is a 23 year old man-boy. I swear I know 8 year olds who behave better than he did!

Cecilia - Molly's roommate, and the object of Matthew's obsession
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
3.5*

I enjoyed this book. I really did. However it didn't grasp my attention as much and I did find myself sighing and wanting to skip parts at times.

I absolutely loved Cece and Matt. They were just perfect for each other...no matter how much they hated one another.

What made it for me was actually the email and text exchanged between Cece and Matt. That is what kept me going back for more.

I just got a bit frustrated with the constant 'breaking of the forth wall' that the characters did. I don't
Meredith Wilson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
He Kissed Me First was a really fun and entertaining read. I absolutely loved Matthew and Cecelia together! Matthew is an immature, egotistical athlete who actively pursues his sister Molly's roommate. Cecelia is feisty, smart and seemingly his perfect match. The banter between them had me laughing one moment and yelling in frustration the next.

I was completely consumed by Matthew and Cecelia's story, which was so incredibly written. The author really has a way with words that brings her storie
Boundless Book Reviews
After finishing the first one, I quickly jumped into #2. This one focuses on Matthew (Molly’s Douchey Brother) Who surprisingly took hold of my heart by the end of this book. And her roommate Cecelia. Who is just as sarcastic and hilarious. They fight constantly, but it’s what makes them one couple, I don’t think I’ll forget.

“If love was easy, it wouldn’t be worth it.”

There’s something I realized about these books. Ney is focusing on that first kiss. I know I probably should have figured that ou
Konny
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
He Kissed Me First by Sara Ney is the second book in The Kiss And Make Up Series.
He Kissed Me First is a YA book for readers due to 17+.
Meet Cecelia Carter- Cece. And Matthew Wakefield. They bicker like children. She cant stand him. Matthew is her roommates brother and go out his path is difficult.
Favorite Quote: " Sometimes love happens when you least expect it. "
He kissed Me First is a fun read, a cute story and I give 4 Stars. Thank you Sara Ney!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an enemies to lovers romance and one of my favorite troupes.
I heart matthew he made me swoon on multiple occasions.
I highly recommend this book and series of standalones.
This is book 2 in this series.
Melinda
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving the series! Ney really knows her douchebags!
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
I don't feel this story was as strong as the first but I'll explain my thoughts soon during the book tour.

Book 2 in the series involves two new characters: Cece and Matthew, Molly’s brother. The way these two characters meet is nothing short of hilarious! I won’t give anything away so you’ll have to read to find out what I’m talking about!

I always enjoy new characters in series but Cece did drive me batty at times. She was so indecisive and at times felt l
  • Muse
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Meat
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Shy Kinda Love (What Kinda Love #1)
  • It's All In My Head (First Tracks #1)
  • Cole (Red, Hot & Blue, #5)
  • The Last Strand
  • Take My Breath Away (Breathe, #1)
  • The Girl from I.T.
  • Huddle Up ('Fantasy' Football #3)
  • Switched
  • Dreaming Up a Dare
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

Kiss and Make Up (3 books)
  • Kissing in Cars (Kiss and Make Up #1)
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)
“In alcohol’s defense, I’m done some pretty stupid shit while completely sober, too.” - kushandwizdom” 4 likes
“I don’t care where we eat. As long as it’s not one of the 12 places you just named.” - Someecards.com” 3 likes