Start by marking “Blind Man's Wolf (Tooth & Claw, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind Man's Wolf (Tooth & Claw, #1)

Blind Man's Wolf

(Tooth & Claw #1)

A night-blind vampire. A werewolf with lousy self-confidence. And a whole hell of a lot of danger...

Ellis O’Neill is an art dealer with too many problems: his eyesight has deteriorated to the point of night-blindness; he’s estranged from his family, to whom he owes a considerable sum of money; and his guide dog went right off him the night Ellis died. Without his dog, Elli
Published December 5th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blind Man's Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Man's Wolf

Shurrn
What an amazing story!
"...You can't go through life alone just because you don't need to breathe anymore."

"Oh, you don't think the blood-drinking and sunlight-allergy is an issue? Be still my already-still heart. Jay is going to find me the man of my dreams."
Maybe this was a case of reading the right book at the right time, but I fell in love with this story. I had a huge grin on my face while reading it and I have a feeling this is going to be one of those books I recommend frequently.

Ther
M'rella
I like the premises: A blind fledgling vampire has to employ a shy omega werewolf to help with his service dog's eccentricities. The dog's quirks lead to discovery of a madman on a killing spree. Between that, a were-alpha's murderous intent and each other's fears and prejudices, the vamp and the omega are trying to date and form some kind of a relationship.

However, the author tends to ramble off, the dialects and the street jargon(?), that magically appear and disappear, are a distraction and s
Meep
May 09, 2015 marked it as dnf
Meh. So disappointing. I absolutely loved the blurb and had high hopes for this one. Sadly the characters are underdeveloped. There's a lot of extraneous details while other concepts are thrown out there only to be forgotten. It didn't take long for me to start skimming and ultimately I didn't care enough to finish.
MostlyDelores
Sep 18, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF at 50%. Not bad-bad, but not good enough to keep reading.
WhatAStrangeDuck
The author was still coming into her powers but the series is well worth reading. As a series highly recommended.
Roxane
DNF at 40%.

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really thought this book was going to be a hit for me, because on paper it has two key things that I love : urban fantasy and a man living with a disability. At the very least, I thought those two things would keep me entertained enough for me to read until the end.

I tried. Oh did I try. I wanted to give up after the 25% mark but I told myself to struggle on, in case it got better. I managed for a
Kendra T
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Ellis and Randall. Vampire and Werewolf. Night and Day. Perfect together.

Ellis is a vampire who was just recently changed. While he was alive, he had a progressive disease that caused his eyesight to fail over time to the point of being fully blind. As a vampire, he maintains the traits he had the day he died, which makes him a blind vampire. This was a nice twist to the usual vampire traits that tend to be perfect night vision. Here
Candice
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Did I like this? Eh. It was okay. However, I felt like I was missing half the story. Okay, not really half, but an entire storyline. (view spoiler)

Also, it said something about Ellis not eating food. Which is normal for vamps. But, he ate when he was with Randall. There was no mention of him getting sick after
Relly
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great start

4 ⭐

Great start to a series. I enjoy the take this author has on vampires and how they only get one extra special ability. I also like that Ellis is still the same as when he was turned. He still needs his guide dog to get around.
Looking forward to the next instalment
llv
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifter, vampire
Rating: 4 stars
This was a good start to a series. Loved all the characters. I really like when we get the perspective of characters other’s than the MCs and really liked that we got a small portion from Jay’s perspective. The story ended in a bit of a cliff-hanger but that is okay since the next one in the series is out already and I can go straight to it. All in all, a highly enjoyable book.
Cadiva
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad but takes a while to get going

2.5* really as its not a bad read but there's a few editing mistakes and it takes a while for the story to get going.

I liked the British feel to the story but as a born and bred Yorkshire girl, I have to say that the use of dialect was completely wrong for someone York born.

'appen isn't used in the way the author used it, she didn't have Ellis using t' in front of common words which is standard for all parts of Yorkshire and is the easiest way to convey how
Nile Princess
2.5*

So this started off really well. In my status update, I already mentioned this author's tendency to be overly detailed and descriptive, in a way that's distracting and overwhelming and gives me a headache. If Randall suspects that the guy he's attracted to is not human, and goes to a fellow shifter for advice, I don't need to sit through a description of her office, the linoleum on her floor, the description of her teapot...I.don't.care!! What does she think about Ellis having no reflection?
Barron
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love a good romance but I don't love a lot of gratuitous sex. Sex should ADD to the story not be the focus of the story. I loved this book because the two main characters, Randall and Ellis, didn't even share their first kiss until I was finished with 42% of the book. The story was about Randall, a werewolf with a confidence problem, and Ellis, a night-blind vampire who has to use a seeing eye dog to get around.

Randall and Ellis meet when Ellis thinks his dog, Tiberius, is a
Deanna Against Censorship
Sounded like my kind of book, vamp and were get together. Wanted to love this book but didn't. It was okay, not bad but something was missing. The framework was there for a great story. Blind Young vampire who didn't know much about being a vampire. Werewolf who was unsure about his place or his so called pack. So much potential. I wanted more emotion between the two MCs, more build-up. More about their worlds. Maybe this will happen in the next books, but I felt I was just left hanging.

I love b
Alisa
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and it came at a perfect time for me. I've been looking for a new series that follows the same couple. In this Ellis is a vampire with a twist. He's blind. He needs some dog training assistance with his seeing eye dog and hires Randall. As luck would have it Randall is a werewolf. He's not your typically growly, macho alpha though. He's quiet and reserved and lacks in self confidence. The two men end up falling for each other and it comes at a perfect time as someone i ...more
V
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Wow !!! only 99c on Amazon for a 252 pages story !!!

Updated

This story has a great potential, however, some pages were about useless information and it didn't focus in the important issues.
The ending was inconclusive, for example what would happen when the pack find out the MC is dating a vampire, what about the vampire coven, who is in charge? so many questions that were unanswered.

I I've read hundreds and hundreds of werewolves stories and this one is not one of the best, but isn't the worse e
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
A Nervous Werewolf This is by no means a perfect shifter tale but I will say it is a fun read. In fact I feel like Amelia Faulkner got more comfortable as she wrote. Without giving too much away a nervous werewolf and a blind newbie vampire meet and hit it off even if life & death conspires against them. I enjoyed this take on the supernaturals. There are so many different directions and possibilities for Faulkner to go in the future. Jay is wonderful and no evil should ever befall him.
Tinnean
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
F.
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well that was a different take on vamps and werewolves and I liked it. Unfortunately for my severely depleted book budget not all was sorted so I will have to carry on. We weren't told too much about this supernatural world that existed within the human world except that vamps and were didn't like each. On the vamp side there is a constabulary and a council but how they work even Ellis didn't know. Definitely reading more.
4 stars
Christine
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, m-m-read
This was interesting. You have a blind vampire and a shy, introverted guide dog trainer who happens to be a werewolf. They find each other when Ellis needs help with his guide dog. Sparks fly between them and the fun starts when someone wants Ellis dead.
Claudia
nice ... and interesting but something was missing. at least in the first half.
not sure if I will read the next one
Yvonne
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vampires and werewolves in London? Sign me up. Loved this story.
Diane
3.5 stars on Goodreads scale; 4 on Amazon's -- and promising better to come

A well-written M/M UF romance with appealing characters that break the mold.

Randall has allowed himself to be bullied, but even before meeting and falling for Ellis, he was starting to rebel against his pack's assumptions, which I was glad to see: a pack should make you feel strengthened and supported, not like you're less than you are.

Having a blind, relative-newbie vampire as the more dominant lead is also unusual,
Shirley
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Werewolves and vampires… two of my favorites when it comes to PNR reads. It’s not very often that the two ‘species’ become love interests though. I kind of liked the twist.

There are some pretty strict guidelines the supernaturals created by Amelia Faulkner have to follow. Makes sense because if there weren’t rules, there would be utter chaos. Ellis keeps his ‘identity’ pretty quiet because of those rules. Humans aren’t supposed to know that they exist. Randall’s never encountered anyone ‘like’ E
Cheryl
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Ellis, a lover and seller of art was already going blind when he was ‘turned’, he manages his daily life with the use of modern technology and his guide dog Tiberius. Lately however, Tiberius has been leading his owner off route and getting them both lost.

This is where Randall comes in. He is a dog trainer, hired to help retrain the guide dog and try to discover why he is acting out. What Ellis doesn’t know, is that Randall is a werewolf. The more t
Sheryl Howard
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ellis lives his life in solitude since becoming "undead" and depends on his assistant heavily. He also has a guide dog to help him move about the city at night. When his dog starts to stray from his training during night walks Ellis is forced to look for help.

Randall is an Omega werewolf who takes the brunt of the abuse for his rag tag pack with no way to stop it. As a means of escape he trains dogs. Ellis seeks his help to get his guide dog back on track.

Neither knows about the other but sparks
Denise White
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

This wasn't a bad book...the writing was good it just took me awhile to get into the story...I didn't care for the 1st half but it came together in the 2nd... not enough world building for me as well...if your going to not do the "norm" with paranormal you need to explain...the plot got interesting in the 2nd half as well so I will continue on to book 2..
Mandapanda
I loved this author's newest series Inheritance so I thought I'd try this earlier one. The writing's not as good and the relationship is a clumsy insta-love but the books get better as you read on and overall it was entertaining.
Amazonaute
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just to remind myself - blind vampire, and werewolf who is a dog trainer and very nice. awful werewolf pack.
Katherine
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Existence versus life

A well paced, easy to read, fascinating start to a series!

Jay is a new vampire that has made an existence for himself, keeping up with the job he had when he was alive, now as an undead vampire. Randall is a werewolf who lives unhappily as the omega of his small city pack and when he is away from them and their bullying is a dog trainer. The two meet when Jay's guide dog starts acting up and they strike up an immediate attraction. But when the reason for the training becomes
Bargain Basement: M/M PNR Romance - Only $0.99 1 3 May 29, 2015 06:33PM
  • Thorns and Fangs (Thorns and Fangs, #1)
  • Winter Winds
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
  • Angel of Darkness (Angel of Darkness, #1)
  • Amara: The Rebirth
  • The United & The Divided (Tooth & Claw, #3)
  • Merrick
  • The Vampire Fred: Wicked Game
  • Alliance in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #1)
  • Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary (Channeling Morpheus, #1-5)
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Shadow Bound
  • Blood and Rain (Blood #1)
  • Black Swan Collected Tales, Books 1-6
  • Dawn of Darkness (Daeva, #1)
  • Deep Blues Goodbye (Altered States, #1)
  • Bitten by Mistake (Regent's Park Pack, #1)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
Amelia Faulkner was born in Thame, Oxfordshire, and sprouted upward in short order. The ground around Thame is reasonably mucky, especially in the winter, and she can’t be blamed for wanting to get away from it.

Raised on a steady diet of Star Trek and Doctor Who, Amelia stood no chance in not becoming a grade-A geek. She has sat on the board of the British Fantasy Society, contributed fiction and

Tooth & Claw (5 books)
  • Blood Moon Rising (Tooth & Claw #2)
  • Balance of Power (Tooth & Claw #3)
  • Monsters Within (Tooth and Claw, #4)
  • Mirror Flower, Water Moon (Tooth and Claw, #5)