Start by marking “Tangled Mind” as Want to Read:
Tangled Mind

Tangled Mind

For years Beck Lund has taken care of his volatile boyfriend, Brady, always putting Brady’s needs above his own and walking on eggshells to keep the peace. After Brady overdoses on heroin, his death devastates Beck. Thankfully Beck's best friend, Timothy Kallis, finds him the help he needs. Beck slowly starts to recover and moves in with Timothy to get back on his feet, bu ...more
Published December 24th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Tangled Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled Mind

SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

3.75 HEARTS--"Tangled Mind" starts with the harsh reality of heroin overdose. It makes a statement. This is more of a quiet read. I was nervous this would make me cry or twist my heart, but I was rock steady. :)

The words, though. This is my first Posy Roberts, won't be my last. I enjoyed her technique a lot. It reminded me of some my favorite quieter impact romance writers. Nothing too dramatic to try and make a story but the author uses real life situations and reaction
Sheri
The first page was like a sucker punch.
It came out of nowhere and hurt like a son of a bitch. I fought tears and forged ahead.
It still hurt, yet it got better and better.
Not messing around, Posy throws you directly onto the sharp blade of losing a cherished one to a brutal addiction.
Heroin: Evil, unforgiving, and a sure ticket to your last breath.
Just one more time, I’m almost there, this is the only way…..It's impossible to win and you drag everyone in your heart down with you.

Beck loses hi
Sandra
3.5 stars, rounded up.

The book opens with a horrific scene when Beck comes home to find his boyfriend Brady choking on his own vomit. A call to 911 comes too late. Brady is dead, from an overdose of heroin, having chased his last high.

Beck plummets into grief and despair, and thus loses himself even more. With therapy and the help from Timothy, one of his best friends, he slowly starts to crawl out of the pit and tries to find himself again.

Posy's writing style flows easily, yet delves deeply in
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post:
Book Tour, eARC Review, Excerpt & #Giveaway: Tangled Mind by Posy Roberts

This is so beautiful.

Tangled Mind digs deep into the psyche of someone in deep grief and drowning in it. It digs deep into the feelings that could not be controlled and there is a fight for survival. But it is hard. It is so hard. When an unexpected lifeline is cast out his way, he has two choices: to grab or ignore.

Beck had been in relationship that... tortured. That is the only word I could come
Mtsnow13
Fantastic story. Packed a lot of punch for a short story. Think this will go on my reread shelf.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
Sadonna
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a gem of a story that has many difficult moments. It starts with a horrible moment and then deals with the aftermath. Beck has lost his partner of a decade after basically sacrificing himself to try to keep Brady and their relationship together. In the end, Brady loses his battle and Beck is left to try to pick up the pieces of his shattered life. He has no idea how he will do that and spends several months barely surviving. Once he joins a grief support group, he finally begins to move ...more
Amy
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars.
Love Bytes Reviews
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Tara

In this Book, Beck has been taking care of his heroin addicted, clinically depressed boyfriend named Brady. For years he has been putting Brady’s happiness above his own, loving him, trying to endure his mood swings, and turning an eye when he started to depend on drugs to find his high. Unfortunately while coming home one day he didn’t make it in time to stop him from overdosing and their relationship is ended in tragedy.

Even though Beck’s friends jump to his rescue he fi
Inked Reads
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Note: This story deals with themes of death, grief, drug use, and codependency. Anyone triggered by those things might want to skip this one. It hit a few nerves with me, even though the specific experiences aren't my own.
This is really well-written, and I love that Ms. Roberts didn't shy away from the raw emotions. At the same time, it didn't have the feel of trying too hard to get the reader to feel a certain way.

The first part of the story was hard to get through--not because it was boring or
A.M. Leibowitz
Note: This story deals with themes of death, grief, drug use, and codependency. Anyone triggered by those things might want to skip this one. It hit a few nerves with me, even though the specific experiences aren’t my own.

This is really well-written, and I love that Ms. Roberts didn’t shy away from the raw emotions. At the same time, it didn’t have the feel of trying too hard to get the reader to feel a certain way.

The first part of the story was hard to get through–not because it was boring or
Riayl
Aug 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mm, romance
Pixie
I had to think about this overnight. While I agree with the majority of the readers on here the very start of the book grips you. It’s a powerful way to begin and for some reason the style of writing worked there. But the remainder of the book follows that same style, it was like being told the events of someone’s life that happened a long, long time ago. I felt distanced from not only the events but the main character also. It stopped me from connecting and being invested. I also think that the ...more
Molly Lolly
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
This book starts out with a huge bang and Beck’s whole world changing. It was wonderful seeing how Beck grew and changed throughout the book. He grew into who he was supposed to be without his past getting in the way. Timothy is a beautiful character. He’s so strong for helping Beck at his lowest, and not being judgmental about Beck’s choices. I would love to see a sequel to this book to show Beck and Timothy more established a few years down the line. It
Beacullen
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book starts out with a suicide, but its actually about the good that comes from that act. Beck loved Brady so much that he loses himself in Brady's addiction and destructive behavior. He's so used to taking care of Brady that he has forgotten to take care of himself. This book is very sad in parts, Beck is so lost, luckily he has a good friend in Timothy. He wont let Beck alone until he knows he'll be ok, and he's secretly been in love with Beck for years. I really liked how positive Timoth ...more
Lindsay Beeson
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tangled Mind was a beautifully written and and sometimes painful story. We first meet Beck after finding his boyfriend Brady dead from a drug overdose. Over the course of the story we learn more about Brady's tragic life and their troubled and tumultuous relationship. Beck, for obvious reasons, has a hard time coping with his loss. I feel like the authors treatment of Beck and Brady's relationship and Beck's subsequent grief was realistic and heartbreaking. I loved seeing Beck's growth and the s ...more
Molli B.
Sad but hopeful. I think she did a great job with Beck's grief without letting it completely overwhelm the story or become too heavy. I was pleasantly surprised when (view spoiler).

This is my first Posy Roberts, and I'll definitely check out more of her stuff.
Joyfully Jay
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jason, michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

We have a Buddy Review of Tangled Mind to share with you all!

Read Jason and Michelle's review in its entirety here.

Lisa
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up..

I enjoyed this quick little read. It’s a serious subject, that hits very close to home for me. It’s heavy hearted, but real life. It’s told well and written well....

See rest of review at http://literarynook.com/review-lisas-...
Loveeac
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was one of the lucky recipients of an advanced copy, and luckier still to be asked to give feedback in the later stages of this book. It is utterly heartbreaking at times, but beautiful. Definitely worth reading.
Sarah_loves_books
A psychological story. Too damned close to my own life, but it was good to read it.

A ridiculous misunderstanding as a plot element dropped a star.
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this. It was emotional without being over the top. A great book about new beginnings to start the New Year with.
Kristy
Apple Toh
Jul 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Tangled Mind by Posy Roberts 1 7 Dec 26, 2014 03:12AM
Posy Roberts started reading romance when she was young, sneaking peeks at adult books long before she should’ve. Textbooks eventually replaced the novels, and for years she existed without reading for fun. When she finally picked up a romance two decades later, it was like slipping on a soft hoodie . . . that didn’t quite fit like it used to. She wanted something more.

She wanted to read about men