Start by marking “The Turning (Ruin #4)” as Want to Read:
The Turning (Ruin #4)

The Turning (Ruin #4)

Ruin wakes up on Earth knowing only one thing: to Judge and Execute.

As an Angel of Judgment with no memory of his origins and no ability to communicate, he binds molecularly with Isadore, the first human he comes into contact with.

In the fourth installment of the series, The Turning, Ruin must face his latest nightmare assignment: To judge and execute Isadore.

Waging war
Published November 24th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Turning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Turning

Winter Sophia Rose
Jul 16, 2016 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Heart Pounding, Gripping, Mind Blowing, Emotional, Speechless, Raw, Gritty, Page Turner! An Outstanding Series! I Loved It!
Stella
Wow... Lucian has done it again. What an emotional rollercoaster- 50% in and I was crying and upset. Trying to figure out where he was taking these characters now. Then the anger will hit you along with Ruin and you'll be pissed at our loving Caliber. We are introduced to another key player in this story (Sam) who will win your hearts no matter how hard yuo try to fight it. Great continuation to the series- I can't wait for the next installment!
Denise
Jul 12, 2015 Denise rated it did not like it
I honestly couldn't stomach this book. I was invested in the others and so the twist in this one had me cringing all the way through. I know people were ecstatic and loving this book but really the way ruin is being forced into these feelings doesn't sit well with me. Atleast with what happens at the end of book 3 I believed in the love he had for Is. And was hoping that there was going to be some positive outcome for them, some sort of loophole because this fourth book was just cruel and soo un ...more
Jan
Nov 22, 2014 Jan rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin! First, I was completely blown away by this book in the best possible way! It's very difficult to write this review without spoilers, but it will be spoiler free! To say that unexpected things happen would not be at all surprising for this series. Lucian's stories have never been predictable. He has already introduced us to some pretty bizarre characters with some very unique features and talents in the prior Ruin books. This story has even more Lucian-spawned pa ...more
Nov 19, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't know whether I love or hate Lucian Bane right now. This book had my smiling and crying. Not an easy feat. And I don't know how he manages to outdo each of the previous books with the subsequent one. They just get better and better.

In The Turning he introduces us to Sam, a new character, whom I immediately loved. He takes us on another wild ride with twists and turns that you literally have to read to believe.

I can't say to much more without giving it away, but if you haven't st
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
Nov 29, 2014 ☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR rated it really liked it
Right, well I think the most important concept of the continuation in this story is that the Author reminded us all of his message. That is to love with all your might, cherish all the beautiful memories you create together, learn to give and receive passion to those who deserve your undivided attention and know that there is ALWAYS going to be someone out there that will see you as yourself, YOU will always be somebody's spark and kryptonite, most of all though he teaches us to never give up ho ...more
Jan Kinder
Holy Moses, what a thought provoking story. Without getting into spoilers, I will say this story goes places I never expected it to go when I started this series a few months ago. The new twists were surprising but I loved each one. I thought you have this all figured out, nope not a chance. Author Lucian Bane has crafted some deep characters that I'm still trying to figure out.

Ruin goes through some serious emotional trials in this book, and I wanted to shake him on more than one occasion but I
Mary Forster
Gets better and better

Wow Lucian. I totally didn't see that coming. Another great book in the series and it leaves you wanting more. I just want to keep reading and not have the story end.

Ruin and Isadore continue on the assignment and Ruin still hides what he suppose to do to Isadore. The one night something happens and Ruin has to make hard choices.......

Great job Lucian and look forward to the next book in the series.
Leslie
Nov 28, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, series
Linda
Jul 23, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
Wow! I love this series! I honestly didn't see what was coming, and I love that in a book! The story line has twist and turns that just keep you going wanting to find out what's going to happen! The introductions of some new characters are wonderful and has piqued my curiosity ...I can't wait for this story to continue!
Pamela Shorkey
Great series

Love this series. Did not expect the turn of events that happened. The only downfall was there were a couple of instances where the wrong name was used. Will be waiting for the next one.
Carol Hall
Nov 18, 2014 Carol Hall marked it as to-read
Can't wait to read it!
JoJo
Jan 07, 2017 JoJo rated it really liked it
Shelves: twisted-love
First, love Bane. His writing style, imagination & development mannerisms.
The paranormal style is not my usual taste.
Religious stuff is definitely not taste. EVER.
He's a very devoted Christian.
I'm just a so-so Christian with serious God issues, but I respect his writing & the fact he incorporates his values & knowledge into his stories....even though I don't want to read anything about the God stuff, I want to read Banes stuff. It just makes it hard at times. Makes for a lot of i
Tracey
Feb 15, 2016 Tracey rated it it was amazing
I read all four books in this series in two days. I could not put them down. This is a bit of a dark, erotic, paranormal read, with plenty of steamy, sexy scenes.
An Angel in human form arrives in the swamps of Louisiana, with no memory of who or what he is. He is drawn to a woman "Isadore". He's been watching her, studying her. When she is threatened by a male visitor, he feels an inextricable need to protect her, which he does. He also feels the need to kill her. These powers arise in him, p
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Where on earth do I begin???
WOW!!!!! To say that this book was brilliant is an understatement!!!
Lucian pours everything into it and leaves the reader still wantng more, if that's possible.
He throws the proverbial 'kitchen sink' at Ruin and Isadore, causing havoc and chaos everywhere.
To say much more would be to give away the story....but let me just say here that Lucian you left me totally shocked.
I want more...please give us more....
There is so many paths that this story can take and I am excit
Elizabeth Smith
Jan 27, 2017 Elizabeth Smith rated it it was amazing
Better late than never

I have just read all 4 RUIN books. There is an upside to being on the LATE Bane Train. I have now completed all of his works and I must say this was my favorite. It entailed All that makes a story great for me. Non Stop Action. Beautiful Seductive Love. Biting Sarcastic Humor between Lovers. And an ending that had me cursing at the author because I so badly didn't want it to be over! Oh I'm in Book Hangover Heaven and I do not want the cure.
Claire Cronin
Dec 14, 2015 Claire Cronin rated it it was amazing
Well after just finishing the Ruin box set of the first 3 books I couldn't wait to read this one, but OMG what a roller coaster of a ride!! The storyline takes many twists and turns and didn't end up going where I thought it would, throwing my emotions all over the place!! We meet a couple of new characters in this book seem to have a major impact on what's going to happen next. Can't wait for the next book. Again this is a must read!!
Carol Heisz
Jan 02, 2015 Carol Heisz rated it it was ok
I kept hoping it'd get better, the editing would improve, someone would spell-check - but it didn't get happen. I figured by the time #4 rolled around I'd have an understanding of who Ruin is and why he's here, be invested in the happy ending - but I'm just not. I'm merely disappointed and am putting the book away, without finishing it.

Kimberly
Apr 26, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I love the books before this one. And was so excited to read this book. Until I started to ugly cry! This book... wow. I mean it had me all over the place. You definitely will want to read this. I loved it. It shows you a lot more into all the trials Ruin has to take. It makes me wonder what is going to happen next
Heather Scott mannella
Omg wtf did I just read? I can't even comment! I have no clue what the heck is going on!! Why????? Poor Ruin!! I don't even know how he came up with this stuff it's so off the wall! I don't think I will finish the series when the next book comes out!! How can it be rated so high???
Lisa Marie
Oh WOW! It is so hard to review this book without giving anything away. There are major twists and happenings that I did not see coming. Lucian Bane has outdid himself with this book. I'm not sure how it is possible to I love Ruin even more but I do.

Rin
Aug 01, 2015 Rin rated it it was amazing
I HATE WAITING###### ########################

This is about sacrificing everything in your soul for the one you love. Trusting God. Or selling your soul to the devil. AMAZING. Did I say I HATE WAITING!!!!
Bleumoon
Jan 19, 2015 Bleumoon rated it it was amazing
Ruin

I love this series and I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention! The story has been interesting from the beginning. The characters are interesting. I can't wait to see where this series goes. Recommend this series.
Shandi
Aug 31, 2015 Shandi rated it it was amazing
No words!!!

Once again Luican Bane ripped my heart out and I enjoyed it!!

This book was amazing. It made me feel sad, missed off and then sad again!! Loved it!
Nikki Love
Aug 24, 2016 Nikki Love rated it it was amazing
I cried, I smiled, I loved

This book pulled every emotion from me as I read. I look forward to seeing where things go from here.
Alaina
Feb 19, 2015 Alaina rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Rated 4 stars because I don't know how I feel about Ruin and Sam's situation.
Renea
Dec 05, 2014 Renea rated it it was amazing
to be posted.
Nikcole Jenkins
Dec 08, 2014 Nikcole Jenkins rated it it was amazing
I told you I was Ruined!!

I love the way Lucian Bane tells this story. I love the personalities and angst of the characters. Unexpected twists ahead. Sigh....
Michelle
Jan 24, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Ruin

Poor guy is learning the hard way that live sucks. Called in keeping he's wife safe. Lost her. Now he is having a hard time bonding to someone new because he is hurting.
Cynthia Graves
Cynthia Graves rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Last Dragon (The Witching Pen series, #4)
  • Cult of the Hexad (Afterlife Saga, #6)
  • Caged in Spirit (Caged, #3)
  • Entranced (Guardian Academy #1)
  • Across The Divide (Collector #3)
  • Taste (The Witches of Santa Anna, #1-6)
  • Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead Girls Don't
  • Watch Over You
  • Seduction (Legacy, #3)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • 666: The Number of the Beast
  • Darkest Before Dawn (Guardian's Diary, #1)
  • 12 Days of Christmas: Naughty or Nice?
  • Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
I’m a husband and author, and I may be a little religious about both. I like writing hot sex and encapsulating it in the delicate white silk of devotion, commitment, and maybe even a little psychotic obsession.

Lucian
More about Lucian Bane...

Ruin (4 books)
  • The Waking (Ruin, #1)
  • Revelations (Ruin, #2)
  • The Judgement (Ruin, #3)