Start by marking “A Kirribilli Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Kirribilli Christmas

A Kirribilli Christmas

Eight years ago Shelby left Sydney for LA, determined to set the world on fire. Now she's nearly broke and her boyfriend has left her alone at Christmas. Lonely and miserable, Shelby finds herself drawn back to the childhood home she thought she'd left behind . . .

Frangipani House now belongs to Dan Sayers, the boy from the wrong side of the tracks who found a new start in
ebook
Published December 2nd 2014 by Penguin Australia

To ask other readers questions about A Kirribilli Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kirribilli Christmas

Start your review of A Kirribilli Christmas
Brenda
Desolate after her boyfriend, Nelson had told her he was going to spend time at his parents’ exclusive home – alone - for Christmas, Shelby was disgusted when he thrust an envelope into her hand which contained a ticket for a flight home to Australia, destination Sydney; it was obvious to her that she wasn’t good enough for his high and mighty family…

As Shelby struggled with her suitcase in the mind blowing heat to the front door of her childhood home, Frangipani House, she had never felt more
Dianne
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
For those of us who have never experienced Christmas “down under,” A Kirribilli Christmas by Louise Reynolds is a delightful peek into the Holidays under the glow of the Sydney sun, so pack your shorts, your sunscreen and your mistletoe!

The daughter of a kind and generous lady, Shelby grew up among the foster children her mom always took in. Feeling lost in the shuffle, missing the attentions of her mother, when she came of age, Shelby couldn’t run fast or far enough from the pain she felt. Now
Scatterbooker
My Thoughts:

A Kirribilli Christmas is my 8th and final novel that I have read as part of the Aussie Readers Christmas/New Year themed December challenge. I’ve really enjoyed reading Christmas themed books this month, it’s a great way to get into a Christmassy frame of mind.

Shelby left Kirribilli, a suburb of Sydney Australia, to become a famous actor. It’s not working out so well for her though. She’s only had a handful of of bit parts and a rich jerk of a boyfriend to show for all of her
Lee
I'm afraid I found this Christmas novella a little... Bland, might be the best word. The plot and characters have potential, and there's nothing wrong with the writing on a whole, so I am going to completely blame its brevity for my ho-hum response. I never felt the chemistry between the leads, and again, I think it's because I never had enough time for them to connect with each other and/or myself. I never really understood the supporting characters' issues with the heroine, Shelby. Their past ...more
Cindy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, 2014-netgalley
When I first saw the cover of this book on NetGalley, I knew I wanted to read it! I was thrilled when I was approved to read and review it since the publisher was Australian. And I have to say that the book was as enjoyable as the cover!

Of course, the Australia setting didn't involve a snowy Christmas but I'm a Floridian who lives close to the beach. So sunshine, boats, the beach all were good to me. After all, Christmas is being with loved ones no matter the location.

The author gives us a good
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Thank you to Destiny Romance for providing me with an ARC via NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in this review are mine, and mine alone.

A lovely, emotion-filled romance. Louise has crafted a wonderful story of second chances, and learning to appreciate what you have.

I really loved Shelby and Dan, and the connection, while previously frayed, has a real feeling of strength. I believed that they could be together, and would work through the past.

While I, to some extent, get why the others
Sonya Heaney
This is a nice, short Christmas romance set in Sydney, Australia. A little bit of angst, a lot of summer feeling… I thought it was a good, fast read.

Shelby grew up feeling overlooked as the natural daughter in a house full of foster children. She fled to the United States to “make it” in Hollywood, but finds herself with nowhere to go at Christmas.

Back in Sydney, the only one of her “family” glad to see her is Dan.

I definitely felt for Shelby in this situation, and if the word count had been
Sasha Cottman
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This delightful book brought back memories of hot Christmas days in the Sydney sun. Fruit salad and seafood is always on my menu for Christmas lunch. (the pork crackling never makes it out of the kitchen). I read this while on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. My suggestion would be to cook Christmas lunch and then go and hide for a couple of hours from the family (preferably with a glass of wine) and read this book. Getting dumped on Christmas Eve by her selfish, trust fund boyfriend has ...more
Louise Wilson
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Everything Louise Reynolds writes is good. Very good. She understands character. And she effortlessly captures and conveys with panache the special spirit of being Australian. Her books are a joy to read.

The title hooked me from the start - my mother lives at Kirribilli, a very special Sydney harbourside suburb. But the setting has broad appeal as the vehicle for the emotional journey of the characters.

Novellas are generally too short for my personal taste, hence 4 stars rather than 5 but,
Isha Coleman
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Beautiful story about appreciating the things you have. Shelby left everything behind in Australia to follow her big dreams to L.A.. Now having realized that life has not turned out the way she wants she heads home. Back to Australia and her ramshackled home--only now it is owned by someone else. Dan searching for a new start has moved in. Although the ramshackle home may not seem like much each starts to grow up and appreciate it and each other. Confronting issues each have faced is an ...more
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All romance lovers
A Kirribilli Christmas by Louise Reynolds is the first book by the author that I have read and I enjoyed it!
The cover is lovely and combined with the intriguing title and intriguing blurb, the book attracted me and had me picking it up to read.

A short, sweet novella focusing on the importance of family, love and cherishing one's heritage, I enjoyed meeting Shelby and Dan. Both these characters are strong people with their own pasts and it was interesting watching them together. I rooted for a
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
2.5 STARS

**My thanks to NetGalley and Penguin Books Australia/Destiny Romance, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

The description for Australia and the surrounding area was good in this novella, however I found the story itself a little lacking.

I found that novella lacked enough telling us why Shelby had left home in the first place and then again when the foster children were together, the frosty atmosphere could not be explained and needed it. If the novella was a book and
Debbie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet read of second chances. Going home is never easy. But when you do it because you are in a relationship going no where to a home where you feel you may not be welcome or wanted makes it especially hard. Will Shelby and Dan put aside differences and give love a chance? It is the time of year for miracles.
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
While this book is short, I enjoyed the story of Shelby returning to her childhood home and confronting her past. While thrown together with Dan, one of the foster children who grew up at her house, she discovers there is more to that relationship than she previously realized. It's a feel-good book about returning home for Christmas.
Dorothy Bramich
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story about coming home for Christmas and finding not only comfort in Christmases past but the love that was missing. A Book with a heart strings pulling romance and delivers the spirit of Christmas.
Talking Books
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
An emotional, enjoyable Christmassy read that was quick and entertaining, with likeable characters and it's own fair share of drama.
*ARC provided from the Publisher
w jessop
Dec 28, 2016
josephione rothe
Jan 03, 2015
Louise Reynolds is an author of contemporary romantic fiction. Born in Sydney, she spent her childhood frolicking on beaches before moving to Melbourne at age 10. After one look at Melbourne beaches she got a library card and started to read. It was a logical step to take her love of romance novels to the next stage and tell her own stories.

By day, she works in the commercial lighting industry,