Start by marking “The Perfect Crime: An Asher Benson Short Story” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Crime: An Asher Benson Short Story

The Perfect Crime: An Asher Benson Short Story

(Asher Benson #1.5)

The Rules have allowed Andrew Phillips to commit the most heinous of crimes for decades. He meticulously plans and executes kidnappings, murders, and other unspeakable acts to children. No one has ever come close to solving the atrocities he perpetrates every few months.

Phillips thinks he's successfully committed the perfect crimes.

And then he meets Asher Benson.

*The Perfe
Published November 16th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Crime

Start your review of The Perfect Crime: An Asher Benson Short Story
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
An Asher Benson short story that coincides with the release of book 2. What a brilliant idea! For many it has been a while since we last saw Asher Benson, Jason Brant last left him beat-up, injured and in a down right horrible condition. If he hadn't already been half in the bag, I would have suggested he have a cold one.

The Perfect Crime is a great little reintroduction to Asher. He gives his detective friend, Andrew Lloyd, some help solving an unsolvable case. Asher's PTSD condition gives him
Jen
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Following a set of strict rules has its benefits in preventing a perpetrator's capture in Jason Brant's The Perfect Crime: An Asher Benson Short Story, but this fastidiousness can only get a criminal so far.

To read this, and other book reviews, visit my website: http://makinggoodstories.wordpress.com/.

Andrew Phillips closely follows a particular routine and a strict set of rules he's devised for himself that allows him to commit his preferred crimes and not get caught. Through meticulous plannin
Edwina Brown
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A short story about Ash. This should be read after book one in the series and before book two. I read it after the first three books and it was fine but would have kept it in its rightful place according to events in the series. It did not affect the series. It was about a man who found the way to commit the perfect crime. I was actually glad Ash beat him up. He was one evil man.
Jamie
The Perfect Crime or as I like to call it The Perfect Asher Bensen short story is basically Asher Bensen 1.5 and a go between book which takes place right after the first one: Ash and the highly anticipated sequel Madness which is coming out very soon.

Without giving too much away this is a story about a man who prey's on children and believes he's gotten away with the perfect crime. Of course he never counted on Asher Bensen much less Asher's unique gift or curse depending on how you want to lo
Michael Loring
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-books
The Perfect Crime is a short story that bridges the gap between ASH – the first book in Author Jason Brant’s Asher Benson series – and Madness – the upcoming sequel to ASH.

As this is a short story, I can’t go into too much detail about the plot. All I can say is it’s about a pedophile murderer who thinks he’s gotten away with all of his horrible crimes, and continues to think he will get away with it until he meets Ash – the telepathic protagonist of the series.

It’s a riveting story, detailing t
Heidi
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an in between the book Ash and Madness in the Ash Benson series. I was a little nervous when I started to read this book. The man character is a sick pervert who preys on innocent young girls. Some of the thoughts in this man's head can be disturbing, especially if you have children, but perverts like this do exist in society. Ash steps in and serves his own dose of justice but I will let you read the story and see if you agree if he got what he deserved.
Solfreedom
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick and gritty! Asher is not someone to mess with!

This was an enjoyable quick read! If you haven't read the first book, you will not understand the characters. Asher is a very intense character, who does what he thinks is right. Not for those who are faint of heart. Ash encounters someone, who he cannot ignore. He decides they need to have a sit down.
Marcia Witherspoon
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!!!

Best short story I've read in a good while, didn't want it to end. Gripping from the very first sentence. Even the pervert in this story was interesting from the start. I was left wondering who the heck was Ash and where did he come from, was he really able to read minds. I really enjoyed this book, absolutely a must read.
Michele bookloverforever
Asher meets a murdering pedophile with a lust for young virginal girls...who commits perfect crimes with darn little forensic evidence left behind. Ash beats him into confessing on you tube video and leave a him hog tied for the police.
lincoln brown
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Asher Benson

Great little story. Bad guy gets what's coming to him. Asher punished a child killer. The story is a little heavy but with the content it can't be a light read. But it's a great little read.
Andrew
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.6 stars. A well written short story that is a very quick read. It was a good, but dark, story, but it lacked one key component that I really like about Asher Benson - his sarcasm and off putting sense of humor.
Brian Switzer
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ash benson is the Man.

This is a gut-wrenching short story. If you've ever said "I'd love to spend an hour in a room alone with that guy" when you've heard about a monster that preys on children this story is for you.
David J Colon
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended short story

Great short story. Started off real dark, in the head of a pedophile. Than Ash shows up...and if you have read the Asher Benson books you know what to expect from him lol
Robert Wood
Read this great Jason Brant short story while waiting for my lady. I'm very glad to have come across this man's wonderful stories. I started with his Hunger series and now it's time for Asher's tale. This is a perfect short that bridges the first and second books in the series. Time to read on!
Tiffany Peake
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great short story

This quick read will take you through a series of emotions and leave you ready for the next storyline.
I love series novels and have added Brant to my watch list!
LaVerne Scruggs
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Crime

This was a very good book. My only complaint is it was extremely short. I couldn't believe it was over.
Mollie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well...

Good short story if you like murder and mayhem like I do!!!
Definitely going to check out the Asher Benson story lines now!
Lacey Wesley
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it this one

sick story but great read, recommend to all crime readers who like to see justice served. You do not see it coming the end is amazing.
Janice Stinnett
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked the story I wish it was longer though I had many questions at the end of it. But it was good.
April Taylor
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good short story. It didn't really move the story along, it stands alone really, but it was a powerful story all the same.
Adele Adams
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
a good little short snippet from asher benson series
KAREN RAY
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
SHORT STORY READ IT IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES. IT WAS GOOD FOR A SHORT STORY.
Gail Braunn
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I recently found the Jason Brant books. Absolutely riveting. I feel like I know the characters. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
anne edwards
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

It was well-written but to short it finished before it had developed. The story could have been lengthened to encompass a couple of days or characters.
Robbie
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent short story! 4.8 stars
April Joy
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short but complete

Follows right after end of first novel Ash. Just a short episode, but involves all the necessary elements to tell a full story.
Estelle Teafatiller
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

Very well written. I loved this . Not my first Jason Brant read, he gives you humor in a Macomb sort of way. Read it you'll see what I mean.
Brad
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A great short story. Must have read Book #1: Ash(Asher Benson #1) first. Otherwise you will have no idea...
Diane
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
short story good read
James Fant
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What did I think? I thought it was awesome. THE PERFECT CRIME, by Jason Brant, is a short story that occurs between books 1 and 2 of his Asher Benson series. Asher was just as witty and tough in this short as he was in ASH. The cool thing about this short is that it is told totally from the point of view of the bad guy, a lowlife creep named Andrew. And the ending took me by surprise! What I loved most about this story is that it made me laugh out loud. What I disliked? Absolutely nothing! THE P ...more

• Devoted
  • The Last Pope: Do Biblical and Catholic Prophecies Point to Pope Francis I?
  • The Abbey (Detective Ash Rashid #1)
  • Just Run
  • Hide Away (Rachel Marin Thriller #1)
  • The Other Family
  • Something Came Through
  • Mastery
  • Providence (Providence, #1)
  • Requiem (Providence, #2)
  • Rain Will Come
  • Hold for Release Until the End of the World
  • Friction
  • The Emigrant's Song (Winds of Change #0.5)
  • 2,300 Steps: A Horror Short Story About Smartwatches, Unicorns & Sleepwalking
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • Through the Knothole (The Stories of the Lutheran Ladies Circle #2)
  • Pleistocene Tsunami: Predator and Prey
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

Asher Benson (3 books)
  • Ash (Asher Benson #1)
  • Madness (Asher Benson #2)
  • Asher's War (Asher Benson #3)