Start by marking “The Ring of Void” as Want to Read:
The Ring of Void

The Ring of Void

After his first death, Shinnosuke Yamagami became a psychopomp, a creature meant to help the deceased pass on to the Nether, the land of the dead. However, Shinnosuke’s branch of work was much less poetic; his job was to hunt down runaway spirits that escaped to the mortal realm. Now, Shinnosuke faces his second death—the death of the soul.

In his final moments of existenc
Published November 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Ring of Void, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ring of Void

Ranko Trifković
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
As someone who was a beta reader and sort of advisor I can vouch that this book is as vivid as the manga/anime art it draws heavily from. It is a fresh approach, tho, focusing on characters and their inner drama, rather than being focused on action/adventure. I think it is a beginning of a saga and can't wait to read the sequel(s)
Darrell Drake
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Ring of Void may be Kovachevic's first book, but it speaks volumes for his experience and vigor as a storyteller. Kovachevic has a clear understanding of the tenets of true duty, and the trials one must endure in its service. This devotion to duty is the warp and weft of The Ring of Void, and the core of the struggle that Shinnosuke, the main character, has been mired in—through some fault of his own.

The book is laid out as a series of glimpses into the life of this man, a psychopomp charged
Filip Kostić
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this short novella author managed to accomplish what many struggle to do with a lot more pages and sometimes books.

Author managed to do a solid world building, using existing mythology and the terminology that most of the readers would be familiar with, while elegantly introducing new terms.

The author managed to make me dislike and then turned me 180 degrees to really liking the main character. This is mostly to my dislike of traditional Japanese preference of duty towards the liege lord and
Muvaffak Kıral
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great read for small time. I really liked the narrative style and would definetly read more (and hope) if it will become a series.
Nikola Vlahovic
Jan 29, 2016
Stephen Hill
Apr 25, 2018
Hello!

I'm Miodrag Kovachevic (or Kovačević if you prefer fancy letters). I'm a writer and game designer and hail from the far away and mystic land of Serbia, where people worship bread and rakiya (while the outside world confuses us with Siberia). Specifically, I'm from a small town called Zajechar, near the Bulgarian border.

Officially, I'm a philologist and I'm practically fluent in English, Germ