Start by marking “Fate: Adam & Evette” as Want to Read:
Fate: Adam & Evette

Fate: Adam & Evette

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Fate is a fast paced novella about two people from opposite ends of the country trying to support each other as friends while denying their instant attraction for one another.

Adam and Evette have both recently ended relationships that were never meant to last. Each of them is longing for something more intense and meaningful, and fate brings them together online in a suppo
Published December 2014

To ask other readers questions about Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate

Tami Talbert
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hmmm, well where shall I begin? As I picked up Fate to start Adam and Evette's story knowing it was a novella, I presumed I would be getting a fairly simple love story. You know the kind: boy meets girl - on the Internet in this case - they both fall in love, possibly experience a couple of rocky moments, but in the end live happily ever after. Well, boy oh boy was I mistaken. Maya James has created and given us so much more than that.

Both Adam and Evette suffer from the same problem: relations
Alexa Nichole Demers
When I read this synopsis I was immediately interested. I mean who wouldn’t find something romantic in fate pointing you to the person you were meant for but everything around you is keeping you apart. I knew I had to read this book. Even after picking this book up and reading it I am so confused on how I feel about this book. I had to wait to write this review because I couldn’t even decide if I liked the book at all. So let’s see if we can work this out. (With as little spoilers as possible).

A
Summer
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Adam and Evette both get out of relationships that just aren’t working anymore, they find themselves on a dating site. As fate would have it they’re also connected as ‘Rebound Buddies’ to help one another navigate the tricky waters of their return to dating (and to ensure they don’t fall too hard, too fast).

Luckily, they live on opposite sides of the country as they quickly realize they’re perfect for one another. The two talk daily and lay down ground rules for their first dates as singles
Shay
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Fate and I just loved it. I was hooked from the get go and I just didn't want to let it go. Evette and Adam haven't had good relationships. They want more. They both sign up on an online dating site and they become rebound buddies (its where they give each other advice but don't hook up) They are on opposite sides of the county but they hit it off really well. Online chatting turns into phone calls and it comes to a point where they start to feel things for each other but they re ...more
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
so here is my problem with reviewing this book. from about the 10% mark, i knew this was a 5-star book...it was that good from the get-go. i was so excited to read this and be able to recommend it to everyone and it really is one of the best books i've read in a long time...until the end. literally the end of this book took a star (quite possibly 2) away from my rating. i messaged the author...i was beside myself. she assures me that this is not the end of the story. if that's the case - then i' ...more
Lucie Paris
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
The synopsis was the first thing that caught my eyes. I was in need of a sweet and cute story. A rebound body on a dating website was the perfecting plot of a mushy evening… :-)

To be honest I was not expected to really enjoy the story and be hooked. It was a lovely surprise. The flow of the words is easy, the characters are honest, fun and totally believable in their approach of the dating stage.

I'm also not really into novella. Always have the feeling that you couldn't really create a bond with
Kelly Mccurdy
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

I love Maya James’ work. Her writing is new and it always has some kind of twist to it. Fate: Adam and Evette is no different. Two people that are looking to better themselves, and find the friendship and the “relationship” that they are so desiring. They have rules and plans that each of them follow. But the twist is at the end. Something that I never even considered. Something that I never saw coming at all. Maya has written a book that suck
DJ Sakata
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“The passing silence after that is so thick and heavy that you can hear its emptiness. This what you get for dating a girl you met in Anger Management class.”

“That was a broken heart ago. I’m all healed now, but not all of the pieces went back in the exact places they were in before and I’m a different person because of it.”

“I didn’t love you long, but I loved you more than anyone has ever been loved before.”

My Review:

This is my first Maya James read and it took my breath away. I
Marlene W
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it

I loved this first installment and absolutely hated to see it end!
The writing kept me hooked from beginning to end, the characters were likeable and completely relatable, and the story itself was fresh. I look forward to more of this story in future installments.

Evette and Adam meet on an online dating website.
They are not paired as a match for each other, but as rebound buddies. The idea is to help each other make better choices than they have made in past relationships.
Although they begin t
Evette
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Wow. This book is so different from what I expected from the synopsis. So much depth, no small feat in a novella. My first Maya James book and she just gained a new reader!
In 117 pages this little story hits all the right notes. I was laughing out loud, smiling, cheering and sobbing. Yes sobbing, and that’s just another way the writing and character development had me so invested in their story.
Why not a five-star? There were quite a few editing errors, words misused that while not horr
Jen
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, arc, 3-5-star, owned
Twin Opinions
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well this book was amazing, right up until the end. I am so very pissed and sad about the ending. That being said this book is worth every second! I loved it and I love Maya James. This is so great. I want more of Adam and Evette now! I need it now. I want to know what happens next in Evette's life. I am so on edge. I want more. That is the only way to really describe this book. This book will leave you wanting more than most you will ever read. I love it and I know readers everywhere will love ...more
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Questo libro non è stato assolutamente come me lo aspettavo. Mi è rimasto in mente ore e ore dopo aver raggiunto la fine, direi che per una scrittrice che non conoscevo prima di questa lettura, si può dire che ha raggiunto il suo scopo. Come dire, hai colpito nel segno tesoro!!

Adam e Evette sono i nostri protagonisti. Non si sono mai visti prima, non si conoscono ma hanno molte cose in comune. Sono stati bruciati dalla vita e desiderano per se stessi di
Michelle
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Received a complimentary copy for an honest review. What a unique story. This is about 2 people who try to "help each other out" with their online dating choices. Little do they know that they find that they are perfect for each other. The only problem is that they both have careers on separate sides of the coast. Will they admit to each other that they are right for each other, before it's too late?... This is a must read story. You'll be shaking your head at the end of this one and have a WTH ...more
Becky Paprota-Martindell
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
what an awesome novella

by far one of my favorites.

one click it today and do not wait
Brianna Murray
Angie's Reading Dungeon
Jan 20, 2015
Jessica
Apr 23, 2015
Indie Author with my first Romance novel, Charity's Warrior, and now the second in the series, Charity’s Secrets, publishing on Amazon Kindle, Creatspace, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.

I'm very passionate about writing stories full of love, lust, eroticism, and strong characters entwined around each other in an interesting, suspenseful journey.

East coast born and raised, I'm married, extremel
More about Maya James