Start by marking “Clarence (Men of the White Sandy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Clarence (Men of the White Sandy, #4)

Clarence

(Men of the White Sandy #4)

Clarence Thunder may not be as young as he once was . . .

But is he as good once as he ever was? He hopes so. He’s been watching Tammy Tall Trees, the young single mother who works next door in the Child Care Center. He wants to show Tammy he can take care of her and her young son—but can he compete with the boy’s real father?

Tammy was crushed when her old boyfriend abandon
Published December 25th 2014 by Sarah M. Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Clarence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clarence

Dianne
What would an older, male nurse in the White Sandy clinic have that could possibly interest a frazzled young mother? A hardworking man, dedicated to the clinic, but rough around the edges, Clarence has admired Tammy from afar, beautiful, patient, very broke and very not interested in men. She is determined to always put her son first, to raise him to be responsible and to know and share the love of those around him, unlike the man who fathered him and deserted his mother.

Tentative to approach Ta
Fiona Marsden
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Clarence is a male nurse at the clinic that features in previous Men of the White Sandy books (all of which you should read if you like unusual heroes who are Native American.) I love this whole series so I was thrilled to receive an arc of this little novella.

Clarence is a mature man who joined the military to get somewhere and now he's back on the Res working. Something that is relatively rare. He has had his eye on a young single mother who works at the day care centre right next door. But he
Sofia The Great
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Platypires for Clarence by Sarah M. Anderson

This book is a really quick read that hit all the right spots. It had enough of mushy goodness mix with some very hot sex scenes with a touch of drama. I really liked Clarence and thought he was really good male lead. My only real complaint is that I wish it were longer.
Overall this was a really good read and I would recommend it to any romance fan.
Jen Davis
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I jumped into the Men of the White Sandy series with it already in progress. But what I have liked about the installments I have read is that the characters are imperfect. They’re not stunningly beautiful. They’re not billionaires. They struggle with self-esteem and want the things that we all want: to love and to be love. They struggle with the kinds of things we can all relate to: making enough money to pay the bills, worrying about our weight… our age… our looks, wondering if we can measure u ...more
Kame
Clarence is a character I met while reading one of my Sarah M. Anderson favorites - Nobody. He was a well crafted secondary character, a trait Ms. Anderson is known for, but honestly he wasn't one I begged her to write his own story. Boy was I wrong, Sarah M. Anderson took Clarence; a male nurse who has little patience, and made him the embodiment of everything a drool worthy romance hero should be - and she did this in the first chapter!

I received this novella from the author for review purpose
Shelley Chastagner
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I came into this series on the wrong end of things. So, even without having read the previous books in the series it worked well as a stand alone. I'll definitely be picking up the rest of this series though. I liked Tammy. She comes across as sweet and giving. Clarence is truly one of the good ones. Once he decides to go for Tammy he is focused on her alone. He gives her the time she needs to heal her heart and overcome her fear. It would have been nice to see more of a connection between Clare ...more
Lynn Brooks
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming, sexy and sweet! With the next book in the Men of the White Sandy series, we get to enjoy watching Clarence fall in love. The story is fast paced without a huge complex story line ... not a lot of conflict and resolution, but a chance to see a kind soul see someone that he wants to share his life with and set out to make her and her son's life happier than they've ever been before. It touches your heart!

Nurse Clarence Thunder works hard helping run the clinic on the White Sandy Rese
Christine (Cagnes)
3.5 stars.
Pam
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella from the series Men of the White Sandy, a series which I thoroughly enjoy reading. They are interesting and sexy men and women that live and love amidst the rough world of the reservation.

Clarence Thunder is a nurse working at the clinic on the White Sandy reservation. He was in the Navy and lived away for 10 years, but came home because he missed the wide open spaces and the people.

Tammy Tall Trees works part time at the day care center next to the clinic, she enjoys the
Bigbear Woolliscroft
This is the end of the series and it ends with a sort of unsatisfactory puff, after the first three books. There is nothing wrong with the story, it is a light love story between two lovely people - but not a patch on the storylines and writing of the first three volumes.
Kahea
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet, well written novella about two people taking a chance on each other and not letting their pasts, or insecurities, keep them from what could turn out to be a real good thing. I pretty much fell in love with Clarence within the first page, maybe second, of this novella and seriously, what isn’t there to love about him? He noticed that there had been a slight, but good change in his relationship with Tammy, made a plan to see if what he thought was real and took a chance. He’s nervousness ...more
Cindy ~
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love when authors give a secondary character his/her own story. All the men in the White Sandy series are unique, they are Native American and each has their own special qualities. Clarence is the male nurse at the Clinic that we met in the first book. He is a huge man that never had much to say but was not only good at his job but also with his strength could take care of any situation.

Tammy is also a character connected to the previous books. She works at the Daycare Center connected to the
Mary
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books
I love how Clarence is unsure about approaching Tammy but still goes ahead and does little things to make her feel special and cared for. He realizes that her son will always come first in her life, so Clarence makes a special effort to include Mikey in his plans. He knows that any relationship with Tammy will include an instant family, but he's ready to settle down and just hopes that Tammy doesn't think he's too old.

Tammy would love to have a relationship with a stable, secure man, but she has
Lisa
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah M. Anderson is a new author to me and one that I plan on reading again. I really enjoyed this story of Clarence. He was such a strong, yet kind man that was so in love with Tammy. He was sweet to her son Mikey and did everything he could to make a place place for himself in their lives without being overwhelming about it. Clarence is also older than Tammy by quite a few years and that issue did come up (more for him than her) and still did not take away from the story. He was the kind of m ...more
Marjorie
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Clarence Thunder, male nurse at White Sandy Clinic and Child Care Center, has tender feelings for Tammy Tall Trees who works at the child care center. Tammy has a 3 year old son, Mikey. She is now wary of men due to the defection of Mikey's father. Clarence slowly woos her and the story is wonderful.

Sarah M. Anderson is a great romance writer and I love the Indians as main characters. You don't find that often.
Rae
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great side story

Even not being a fan of Indians or reservations or that whole subject, I am such a huge fan of this series. This is the story of Clarence and Tammy. I always hoped I would get a story about him. While short, it was a great addition to this series. A little cameo from Rebel and Nobody was great too
Jan
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
One of the slowest, most unrealistic books I've read in a while. I lived on a reservation, and this book had none of the humor, tragedy or flavor of a reservation...I believe I lived on the very one depicted so poorly in this novel.
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 STARS!

I loved Clarence -- such a sweet, caring man! *swoon*

Look for a double review from Kame and I on TBQ's Book Palace Dec 26th!
Marilyn
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the story is one that people who live on a Indian reservation are subject to a way of life.the way that the two people found each other is a great. read
Layla Dorine
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet story

Found myself wishing
It was longer but all in all I really enjoyed the characters and would love to read the other stories in the series
Beverly Ovalle
Jan 25, 2019
Rae
Mar 01, 2015
Martine Morency
rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2015
Apr 18, 2015
Renee Palmer
Jun 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning author Sarah M. Anderson may live east of the Mississippi River, but her heart lies out west on the Great Plains. She loves to put people from two different worlds into new situations and to see how their backgrounds and cultures take them someplace they never thought they’d go. Sarah won the 2012 RT Reviewer's Choice Desire of the Year award for A Man of Privilege. The Nanny Plan wa ...more

Men of the White Sandy (5 books)
  • The Medicine Man (Men of the White Sandy, #1)
  • The Rancher (Men of the White Sandy, #2)
  • The Shadow (Men of the White Sandy, #3)
  • The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy Book 5)