Start by marking “Cadence (Deception, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cadence (Deception, #2)

Cadence (Deception #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  1,707 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
Cade.

He had her love. Her devotion. He destroyed her with it!

Years I loved Faye Avery from a distance, watched my brother have something he didn’t deserve. She was always too good for him. Dante had a need for control and that grew with him from childhood, infecting her to bend to his whim.

When Dante abandoned her, the girl who put his future and needs before her own, I
Published December 15th 2014 by D.H Sidebottom, Ker Dukey

Candace
Whew! What a twisted, sick story this is! Talk about a mindf#@k!

I dived into 'Cadence' immediately after finishing 'Facade'. Just like it's predecessor, this book sucked me right in and held on tight. I could not put it down!

This book continues the story right where it left off at the end of 'Facade'. Star, aka Faye, has her memory back and comes to realize the full extent of Dante's betrayal. She wants nothing more than to escape his clutches and return to the man she really loves, his twin br
Jasmine
3.5 CADENCE STARS ★★★☆

"You once told me I was the cadence in yours, well you're the cadence in mine too."

After putting down Facade back then, I still remember how befuddled the book left me and it took me a good while to pick back up my jaw with the ending our maniacal authors left us. The revelations were mindblowing that I knew I just had to do dive in into the sequel when I had the chance, so imagine my excitement when I had my hands on this.

Again, this is just one of those books that divul
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
2.75 STARS

description

“Cadence” is book 2 in “Deception” series by D.H. Sidebottom and Ker Dukey and picks right where the first book “Façade” ended.

To say that I’m disappointed with this book will be a big understatement. I don’t think I read a dark romance/erotica that disappointed me as much as this one did. And I can’t believe I will say this (after loving the first book), but I was beyond frustrated with what’s going on in this part and more than that, I was a little bored too.

This book was my forth b
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
3.75 Stars

photo F5DA5F11-B384-42EE-95E4-34AAA73B8B18_zpsouu1pzff.jpg

First of all I'm going to try my hardest to keep this review spoiler free as much as I can, saying that at the end of Facade (Deception, #1) by D.H. Sidebottom we were given one mahoosive and gobsmacking ending and because of that ending there's no-way I can review this book without talking about that as this book IS about that ending, therefore.

1. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ FACADE- Go away read it and come back.- My REVIEW; http://bit.ly/12PhQvB
2. Or you don't mind reading my thoughts anyway.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

Well well
Andrea
Oct 26, 2014 Andrea rated it it was ok

I hate, hate, hate to say anything negative about this book because I absolutely LOVED Facade, but this book just didn't do it for me. I’m so disappointed. I was expecting something else.

The first book was genius, the twist and turns, the energy both characters had was just over the top for me, but with the second part?

Michelle
Jul 26, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointed
Katie
Nov 23, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing

description

LOVED IT! What a great ending to a crazy series!! And omg...Faye...she turned into such an amazing heroine. In Facade, she was a broken woman with no clue as to who she was. Her love for Cade, paired with her hate for Dante, molded her into this KICK ASS version of her former self.

If you were a fan of Facade, I TRULY suggest reading this book! Definitely warrants a re-read sometime in the near future!
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Real love is sacrifice, unconditional, selfless and benevolent. Love is watching you from afar, happy in the knowledge that as long as you were happy, I would never tell you of my feelings. I would hold them inside and worship the feeling of knowing I felt true love. Love is craving your company, counting the thuds in my chest when you walk into a room because it’s the only sound I can hear. Love is the electricity that ignites every nerve when you brush against me. Love is the million dragonfl ...more
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj 3.5 Stars

Ever seen a photo of these two authors? They look like regular women, you know, the girl next door types... the types that look like butter wouldn't melt. But turn the pages of the books they write and whoa are you in for a shock. Honestly, I'd love to have a rummage around in their heads because the stuff they come out with is the stuff nightmares are made of with a twist of a love story. Yup, their books are anything but conventional and I mean that in every sense of the
Kitten Mercer
3 stars. Dark... Sick... Twisted... This book was fucked up; a fucking train wreck that will make you want to pull out your hair and go see therapy as soon as you've finished reading it. A brilliantly written dark erotic thriller from the twisted minds of Sidebottom and Dukey that will blow your mind and mess up with your head. I just didn't like this as much as I loved the first book. I was beyond frustrated with the conclusion of FaCade. Seriously though, my messed up heart still belonged to D ...more
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
~ JOINT REVIEW~

Battle Twisted Sisters

Di- #TeamDante  Julianne- #TeamCade

First let me say, these two can spin a tale, right along with making my head spin. And I'm still not sure who wrote what. I don't think matters, Sidebottom or Dukey, they are phenomenal when it comes to twisted, and we eat it up every time. Here's my problem, You can't give me a Sadistic Bastard that's pure evil and not expect me to love him. I'm sick in the head, you know this. Sukey, how could you do this to me?

Juli
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Can I just say that I love this blurb????

photo katy-perry-gif_2014-09-17_05-34-00_zps5dccc84a.gif

Seriously canot wait!!!

photo 10636247_1537606803118923_4879366738710067669_n_zps3dd2678c.jpg
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 Crazy I will love you for the both of us Stars *****

photo o-HENRY-CAVILL-570_zpsgwm3vph7.jpg

What a finale for the Dante/Star/Faye/Cade story!! This books shocked me into silence on more than one occasion. Dark, raw and gritty.....this book is not for the faint at heart. The revenge in this book was beyond what I have read in quite some time. I thought to myself....wow this is crazy and I LOVED every freaky page of it.

photo PicsArt_1428552420495_zpschnnctul.jpg

Cade Troy....fierce and dark but in the most heated and passionate way. Faye is his true love. For so many y
Mg Herrera
Jul 07, 2015 Mg Herrera rated it it was amazing
5 "DANTE TROY" STARS ♥♥♥♥♥

AS SIMPLE AS THAT...
I'M CHOKING WITH MY OWN FEELINGS RIGHT NOW, I KNOW THIS WAS THE "PERFECT" ENDING.... BUT DAMN YOU WOMEN.. MY HEART IS BROKEN... THE FEELINGS WERE TOO MUCH... I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING HIM BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP IT.... I TRIED SO HARD TO FEEL SOMETHING FOR C. BUT I COULDN'T.... I ALSO BLAME FAYE FOR ALL THIS SHIT BUT DEEP DOWN I KNEW IT WASN'T HER FAULT... SHE TURNED INTO A BADASS HEROINE... BRAVO STAR!
AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING I WILL ALW
Elfina Renee
Sep 30, 2015 Elfina Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Wow, what a climatic finish to the first. Still hate Dante with a passion! When I think of that vile, evil cruel man, I'd like nothing more to thread a knitting needle into his nosterals and have his eyeballs pop out! Hate...hate ..hate and triple hate that man, goes to show you how much a of a writer D.H. Sidebottom really is. Very intense dark read and I loved every second of it! Enjoy!
Jodi Bibliophile
Nov 26, 2014 Jodi Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
I have no words right now.

Full review to come.
carol
Jan 27, 2015 carol rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dark, depraved erotica and mind fuck readers
Recommended to carol by: Kim D
Having read Facade, the first part of the two part story, I guess I expected the good twin Cade to overcome the rotten, twisted obsessive and paranoid Dante, rescue Faye, and despite some difficulties to overcome lead into a HFN/HEA and in one way, yes, but the way was littered with tortured, abused bodies, obsession and paranoia of one twin whose abuse, manipulation and use of other people goes beyond anything I've read before, and to be honest I found it a bit much. Can't say I enjoyed it, I d ...more
nd ♥Master's kitten♥
Writing: ★★★★
Story: ★★★
Characters: ★★★

Overall rating: 3.3

After reading Facade, which I loved, *and* which ended in a major cliffhanger, I was excited to read Cadence.

I enjoyed this book, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed the first book. I think, for me, I enjoyed the first one so much more because of the darkness of the story, the strength of the main male character. Even the cliffhanger left me breathless, (and I was very happy that I got both books at the same time!). But this one just didn'
Give Me Books
Jan 09, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
I am soo Team Cade. Swooon. Forget about Dante. That man deserves to be set on fire and put out with a pitch fork.

How DH and Ker can write something like this I will never know, I don't want to know either. I loved Facade but I really loved Cadence.

This was a great conclusion for Dante, Cade, and Faye. Twisted, dark, and unforgettable, Cadence ranks five stars. I will never forget the gruesome details contained in these pages.

You must one click!
(Read Facade first, or else you won't understand
Kim
May 30, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Wow what a freckin ride. Loved it with all the twists and turns. This series is not for those who don't like dark, because it sure is. Loved it.
I just wish a certain person was torture a little more Lol.
Catherine
Jun 01, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic ending to a freaking awesome series!!! Loved, loved loved 5+++++ stars
Julie
Jan 31, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Never reviewed, but loved every moment.
Snow
Dec 26, 2014 Snow rated it liked it
Not what i expected and hoped to be after the first book's excellence!
anastasia_reads
Dec 08, 2014 anastasia_reads rated it it was amazing
this book is soo brilliant.... i can't breathe!!!

but im soo sad for dante, he's soo fucked up!!!
Christy McCurry
Jan 19, 2015 Christy McCurry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Phenomenal that's what you get when you put Dawn Sidebottom and Ker Dukey together.
Facade was amazing~ Cadence was brilliant, BRAVO LADIES !!

I don't want to say to much because I don't want to ruin anything by giving out any spoilers.
You Must Read Facade first ! Cadence picks up right where Facade leaves off.

Dante still has Faye. Cade is determined to get her back.

I was torn between the Dangerously Dark Dante and his twin brother Cade. Who also has a bit of a dark side to him that is eager to be
Mazmum
Nov 27, 2014 Mazmum rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Cadence by Ker Dukey & D H Sidebottom ***** dark and twisted and oh so perfect stars

I think it’s no secret by now that i’m a huge fan of both of these authors, both together and apart. Part one Facade was one of my favourite books of the year, and I prayed that the follow up would be just as good.

Well it’s bloody brilliant. Bloody being the right word. Those of a nervous disposition, firstly, how the hell did you get through book 1 and lastly, stop reading now. Dark fans, this
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Oct 13, 2014 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
5+++++++++++++++++++TWISTED .. DARK .. INTENSE STARS .. and I loved every single moment of this Book. This book is not for Faint hearted

Ker and D.H.Sidebottom have done it again with another Fantastic read How these two do it I will never know.

Cadence picks up right after the events of Facade and with the shocking revelation that it left us with.

If you haven't read Façade you must to right now before you start this book as it picks up right where Façade left us

This time we get to see the book t
Len
3 Okay Stars

I first read the Facade, i am hooked , can't wait to read the second book. But sadly this didn't meet what I expected. This is totally meh only. It was well written but I felt something missing. Though this book didn't failed to surprise me in turn of events. I was expecting more of Cade.

Miri
Oct 13, 2014 Miri rated it it was amazing
Received ARC for an honest review. Review will be up closer to release date. Unfucking believable!!! These two women are freaking brilliant!! ❤❤❤❤ I'm blown away with everything they write.
I'm Mrs. Troy! ❤ FYI. lol
Jos
Oct 26, 2014 Jos rated it it was amazing
5 Dark, TWISTED, Suspenseful Stars!!!!

Just finished and what a freaking emotional roller coaster ride it was!!!!! Loved the conclusion to this very disturbing story:) Don;t want to say much because like me, go into this mini series BLIND, its really the only way:)

Loved it!
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Gabriel (Killer, #2)
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Target This
  • Corrupted (The Manipulation Trilogy, #1)
  • Penumbra (The Midnight Society, #2)
  • Absolution
  • Dirty Ugly Toy
  • Serial, Volume One (Serial, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Stay (Stay, #1)
  • His Witness (Vittorio Crime Family, #4)
  • Beyond Ransom (Ransom, #1)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Ein

Deception (3 books)
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Beneath Innocence (Deception, #2.5)

“I now understood the saying dying of heartbreak. I was dying, my soul battered by the shock of the cruelty of someone I once loved.” 1 likes