Start by marking “Home (Psy-Changeling, #9.6)” as Want to Read:
Home

Nalini Singh

Home

(Psy-Changeling #9.6)

Short story featuring Clay, Talin, Jon and Noor from Nalini Singh's November 2014 newsletter.

Author’s Note: This short story fits in between Play of Passion and Kiss of Snow, but if you haven’t yet read the series or those books, it does also stand on its own. Enjoy!
Published November 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home

Sophia Triad
Clay, Talin, Jon and Noor have become a family.

The little girl was the sweet, affectionate heart of their home. She’d started calling Talin and Clay, Mommy and Papa two months earlier and each time she did, Clay felt as if he’d been given a gift.

So sweet!
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Nalini Singh is not an author, she is a creator of BRAIN-CANDY. The most fabulous brain candy! Seriously, my face hurts from so much smiling.

Noor is impossibly cute, Jon melts my heart with his brotherly gestures, and I am overjoyed by Clay and Talin finally having their much deserved “honeymoon phase”.

Dina
I know Clay and Talin isn't readers' favorite couple, but I love them - so I loved this peek into their lives too, of course.
Dali
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the family dynamics in this series! How about this sweet scene between big brother and younger sister?

“You can come in my room if you like. I’ll let you sit on the bed.”

Laughing at the generous offer, Jon scooped her up and plopped her in his lap.

If you want to read these free short stories you can always to to her web page and/or subscribe to her newsletter.
Sheila Melo
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
HOME is one of Singh's reward for fans. She has various free short vignettes that give glimpses into the lives of her Psy-Changeling series characters apart from the drama of the novels. HOME features Clay and Talin from MINE TO POSSESS along with their adopted children Jon and Noor. The story is about the changes to their home that Clay and Talin make to accommodate their children. As the title of the story suggests it about making a home for their family. I like the story. It is sweet and cute ...more
Patricia Lopes
A short snippet into Talin, Clay, Noor & Jon lives.
Sophia
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
At the risk of being thought repetitive as I mention, yet again, that my response to this short vignette was smiles and ahhhhs. Clay and Tally do some remodeling of their aerie home so Jon can have some personal space and they make the last touches and then spring surprise gifts on the kids. Clay reflects with sheer joy on the blessings of family and a loving mate.
Kathy Davie
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
A very short story available on Nalini Singh’s site and accessible by subscribing to her newsletter, “Home” is 9.7 in the chronology in the Psy-Changeling paranormal romance series. The family focus is on Clay, Tally, Jon, and Noor.

My Take
It’s a sweet story — Singh easily played on my compassion for an abused child and my appreciation for a loving couple wanting to make the children welcome and feel a part of the family.

I do wish I knew if Jon was their natural-born son or an acquired one. It’s
Darcy
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This little short was so cute. I love that we get to see Noor and John secure in their new family and that Clay and Tally let them know by giving them something special in their personal space. It was also great to see Noor willing to share her present, even though John probably wouldn't be caught dead in it.
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Nalini kills me with these short stories & I love every minute of it! This one gives us a chance to catch up with Clay & Tally and we get to see how Jon & Noor are doing. The family has come such a long way & it makes me happy to see them getting on so well :-)
Ellis
So this snippet is one of the moments that made me retroactively become a lot more fond of Tally and Clay, which makes me wish all the more that these scenes has been a larger part of their own book (Mine to Possess). Looking at my notes I apparently thought it was very rude of Nalini to once again go full domestic and endearingly cheesy.

Case in point:

- Noor insisting on wearing her ponytail the exact same way as Tally.

- Every day he woke to her scent, and every night when he fell asleep, it w
TinaMarie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Per author's website this short fits between Play of Passion and Kiss of snow. Clay and Talin just finished the renovations to their aerie. The love and care they have for the children, Jon and Noor and each other shines through in this short story.

More of my reviews can be found at https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
Tiffany
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clay and Tally are building a home for Noor and Jon. Noor a little girl with princess dreams, and Jon a teen with bachelor pad goals.
Katherine
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet little story w Tally, Clay, Jon and Noor.

From Ms. Singh's newsletter
Angel Padillo
A short story about Clay, Tally, Jon and Noor, that was full of love.
Me Like Reading
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
AWWWWWWWWW...I wanna a treehouse room with a canopied princess bed!

Fine.

The story was very cute.

Better? And I wanna a television, er, ‘comm’ screen, in my treehouse, too...
Brittany
Cute
Kathy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Psy-Changeling #9.7
Home features, Clay, Talin, Jon and Noor on the day that they finished the additions to their aerie so that each of the two children has their own rooms.

Read:
June 17, 2017 - Free on Authors Website
April 25, 2018 – FREE on the author's website
R.
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Christy
I love these free short stories that Nalini Singh writes! They give me a little glimpse back into my favorite series and my favorite shifters/Psy. This was so cute with Clay, Tally, Jon & Noor. It's so sweet to see how far these kids have come, and to watch Clay's leopard be all content and proud is priceless! Thanks, Nalini!
Laura Beth
Nalini Singh gives her readers a wonderful set of free short stories and deleted scenes. The can be found here:
Take the time to read them. They provide an insightful look at the things that Singh thinks about her characters but does not have room for in her novels.
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Loved reading about this family again! Such a great story and yeah, really enjoyed it!

First read *April 9th, 2016*
Loved this book about Clay, Talin and the kids house changing as they kids get older and the treats they got, just so sweet!
Arie ☂
4 stars. DYING from the cuteness of this family.
K-
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super sweet short about Tally Clay Noor and Jon.

Re-read 10/28/17.

Re-read 4/15/18.

Re-read 4/20/19.
Monique
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's so sweet and heart warming to get a glimpse of Clay, Tally and their family.
Rosa
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
love it! who can't love Tally and Clay!!!!?

• THIRDS Beyond the Books: Volume 2
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Kiss of the Phantom (Phantom, #3)
  • George and Jack in School
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Revenant Epilogue (Lords of Deliverance, #6.1; Demonica,)
  • Planet Dragos  (Elder Races, #9.8)
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Boots Under Her Bed
  • Code Word Storm (ACRO, #1.5)
  • Taking Nicole (Vegas Mates, #4)
  • Keeping it Close (Downside Ghosts, #5.6)
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • Deadly Women: Volume 1: 18 Shocking Murder Cases
  • Mated (Mating Ritual, #1)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)