Start by marking “Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi” as Want to Read:
Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi

Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi

WikiLeaks. Julian Assange Daha birkaç yıl önce hayatımıza girerek, çeşit çeşit komplo teorileri kadar, Internet kamuoyunun "yeni bir dünya" umutlarına yönelik hayal gücünü ateşleyen birbirinden ayrılmaz iki isim.

Marshall McLuhan'ın öngörüsü 50 yıl bile geçmeden gerçek oldu: Küresel bir köye dönüşen dünyamızda bu iki isim, sadece birkaç yıl gibi kısa süre içinde tüm
Published 2011 by Alfa

To ask other readers questions about Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi

Start your review of Julian Assange - Onaylanmamış Otobiyografi
Santosh
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every person in this world is capable enough to leave his mark on this world. What kind of mark to be left is to be decided by the person himself. Many people don't decide so they leave a mark which no one notices. Few decide, and leave a strong mark, which will be noticed by many. But there are few who are so clear on what to do with their life and follow their gut feeling and are so truthful, that the mark they leave is noticed by everyone. And it will change the very life of each and every ...more
Antonomasia
Reads like the first draft it is, one based on interview transcripts. And given Assange's disowning the project in 2011, and ghost writer Andrew O'Hagan's LRB public stress-venting exercise/hatchet job in 2014, it's far from clear whether these 14 chapters of 'unauthorised autobiography' - that would have been a joke title from almost anyone else - represent Assange as he intended prior to abandoning the memoir.

NB. Paragraph 7 is about the Swedish sex offence charges. I've also put these /// at
Owlseyes

...its ironic that he may be the only foreigner that this administration would welcome to the United States
Hillary Clinton

"Our founding values are those of the US Revolution"
Julian Assange, in "60 Minutes" interview, 2011

-Now what?
Sudheer Madhava
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personally, this is one of the few books which will influence me for life. My sense of justice, freedom and human values perceptibly shifted as I went through this first person narrative. What makes it appealing in spite of some technical jargon and predictably self justifying statements of a person in distress is Julian Assange's intent of using his amazing ability with technology to attempt to make the truth known to humanity. The truth as it is and not the truth churned out by a conventional ...more
James
A Thousand Plateaus is required reading for Assange fans and enemies, as well as those who don't give a fig but carry a Master or Visa card or just have a particular bent for Continental theory.

According to Deleuze and Guattari Western thought is dominated by a structure of knowledge they call aboresence. This way of knowing is tree-like, vertical, and centralized. For instance, in biology, we have Linnean taxonomies. In chemistry, we have Porphyrian trees. In linguistics we have Chomskyan
Mat
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book deserves to sell far more than the few copies it has reportedly sold. The publisher has probably done the book a disservice by calling it "The Unauthorised..." It does end pretty abruptly and has been conspicuously fleshed out with a few excerpts from WikiLeaks' leaks. Assange's story is vivid and deserves to be read if only to give his side to a story that many others have cashed in on, smearing him in the process.

Here are a few stand-out quotes:

Big Brother is home. He is installed in
Phillip
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
anyone with even a passing interest in Julian Assange should read this book. For the record it is ghost written and basically a first draft of an autobiography that he pulled the plug on. personally I found it quite a good read. Yes it could be construed as propaganda on his behalf, but with entire governments and traditional media outlets portraying him as a traitor and sexual deviant, how else can he tell his side of the story?
Meg
We just got this into the store on Tuesday, and taking a look at it, I was pretty excited to read it, and to get a long inside account of Wikileaks. I wasn't aware, however, of all the controversy over its publication. The note from the publisher in the beginning of the book suggests it, but still seems misleading, having also read this:

Still, it was a compelling read, and great to have the Wikileaks story all in one place, told (even if this telling is
Stephen
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compulsory read for an understanding of this fascinating character. Is it ego or altruism that drives Assange? It is a fast, interesting read and certainly shines a bright light in the face of governments who do not like to be questioned - and shouldn't we all be questioning our governments?
Michelle MacAleese
This man is fascinating--he's the most super-intelligent car-wreck ever. And Andrew O'Hagen has done a great job.
Bert
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book. Good to read about who Julian is, and what is (sort of ; ) his side of the story, even though he didn't authorise it.
Sergey Kochergan
to be continue
Clare O'Beara
This is a good read, showing us how this extraordinary man and body of works, is the sum of the upbringing and interests and choices made throughout his life and before it began.

The publishers state at the outset that the author spoke with a ghost author and made tapes for many hours, before deciding as the book was being prepared, with hefty pre-sales and with his advance cheque paid over by him to his lawyers, that he'd rather not publish an autobiography. That would seem rather late in the
Teri Kelly
Nov 15, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Where to even begin unravelling, what is (when all of the giddy media propaganda is paint-strippered away), in reality, a simple tale of infamy and incongruity. Julian Assange has become, perhaps by his own actions, perhaps not, a somewhat disassociated caricature of himself. The question here however is just what the truth is in age of government and media sponsored lies, fabrications, falsifications, hypocritical justifications and condemnations? Can anyone place any credence on a book that ...more
chris tervit
This is not a book I would normally read- I tend to stay clear of autobiographies as they often end up being either dull, narcissistic or poorly written, or all of the above. This started out like that but got better towards then end, when we get to the parts about Wikileaks starting up & links with The Guardian and other global media groups. Since he presents himself & his band of 'vigilantes' as altruistic truth-finders we are left asking if we can trust them & him to really find ...more
Luke
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know there are people out there who complain about this book, claim that it's not entirely based on truth. And yeah, it was written by a host writer, there's no denying that.

However, that doesn't mean that the book is bad. The book is actually a compelling read. It's well written and it sheds light on a story which for some would be truly inspiring. It focuses on the story of WikiLeaks, and the backlash that Assange received, not on his family life. Perhaps the family life would have been of
Michael Riedyk
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book to get insight on the history and vision behind wikileaks and Assanges' life.

I recommend to read this book to get a better understanding what information technology, internet and privacy will mean to politics, peace, wars and the freedom of speech in the 21st century.

Assange is clearly is on the right side of history and deserves respect.
Sambasivan
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the sheer courage and singlemindedness, this author deserves five stars. The quality and style of writing is impeccable at the same time inimitable. The extreme levels one needs to go to in order to achieve one's goal of exposing the truth is simply breathtaking. Go for it.
Linus
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Assange is an interesting person which has influenced modern history, a biography could thus be quite something. Unfortunatly the book feels more like a draft than a final release - it would need some severe editing before going to print.
Edith
Feb 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book, although the writing style of the author is rather boring. It's actually only worth reading from chapter 8 onwards (the birth of Wikileaks).
Keen
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Thats how hacking begins. You want to get past a barrier that has been erected to keep you out. Most of them had been erected for commercial reasons, to preserve profit flow, but for us it was a battle of wits, too, and in time we saw that many of those barriers were sinister. They were set up to limit peoples freedom, or to control the truth, which I suppose is just another kind of profit flow.

I found out about this biography through Andrew OHagans recent The Secret Life, which gives a
Motazz Beloua
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hero of modern Times. We just don't realize it yet.
Kuang Ting
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading memoir is always interesting because you can see some hot topics from the perspective of the protagonist. Mr. Assange is no doubt one of the most controversial figure in the world. There are just so many mysteries about him, even this so-called autobiography causes problems, claiming to be unauthorized. What the heck is going on actually?

To some readers, they may find the book full of excuses and self-justification. Personally, I appreciate Mr. Assange's devotion to transparency. Once
Jeanne Phi
I have some problems with the book and the rhetoric and frame of mind of the person who wrote it. None of them though have anything to do with the cause he champions - that of providing a secure anonymous platform for sharing truth that would otherwise be suppressed. Even though he apparently regrets the decision to undertake this publication, I believe it shines light on the circumstances and reasons for the decision to a) create the platform in the first place and b) release the content in the ...more
Ranita
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this is a first draft, it provides a very compelling and excellent insight into Assange's side of the story, which we rarely hear, over the vilification and mud slinging hurled at him by Governments and media outlets alike. It's called "Unauthorized" because Assange denounced this project, however a lucrative deal had been signed and a hefty sum paid, and therefore Canongate decided to go ahead and publish it.
This book deserves all the accolades because Assange is a fierce and
Fahim
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's a good book
Hashim Shafiq
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent
Christina Komarova
Honestly, I did not like the book: it was difficult to read, especially after several other works about Wikileaks which are much better.
Tim
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julian Assange is a new kind of journalist, one whose aim is to liberate information - to give us the raw tools to understand the world we live in. The book is intended as a manifesto, but it is a too sloppy for that. It starts with a rather crude outline of his childhood - drawn in broad strokes and offering little to enlighten you about what was to come later.

But once Assange gets into his stride, discussing the technology that inspired him, the ideals that drove him, and the way that
saya
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read half of this book one year ago. And at the same time, I saw lots of videos, interviews and documentaries about him and WikiLeaks. He pissed off almost all the press, and then they made him a paranoia. Until I read this unauthorised autobiography, I don't feel like I start to understand him.
Well, I love genius, and abusolutly, he's one of them. And I think all the geniuses have paranoia or madness in them more or less. And when I read through his childhood and teenage full of twists and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Underground: Tales of Hacking, Madness, and Obsession on the Electronic Frontier
  • WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy
  • Zeliščarka
  • Hikayeci Fil
  • Hier waakt oma
  • Alice in Sussex
Julian Paul Assange is an Australian publisher, journalist, software developer and Internet activist. He is the founder, spokesperson, and editor in chief of WikiLeaks, a whistleblower website and conduit for worldwide news leaks, with the stated purpose of creating open governments. Assange has worked as a computer programmer and was a hacker during his youth. He has lived in several countries, ...more