Start by marking “No Commitment Required” as Want to Read:
No Commitment Required

No Commitment Required

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  568 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Yvonne Mitchelson owns a small string of lingerie boutiques in Atlanta. Lately her lingerie designs have been lackluster. To her partners, the answer is simple: there's nothing like love to spark creativity. But Yvonne doesn't want anything to do with love. Losing her parents and sister in an accident and her resulting mental and physical scars have left her afraid to love ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Genesis Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about No Commitment Required, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Commitment Required

Tina
Excellent book.
Well written.
Relationship is wonderfully developed.
Emotional.
Plot unfolds in tightly contructed layers.
Great main and secondary support characters.
The characters' actions are logical and plausible.
Off the hook chemistry between the two romantic leads.
Seriously hot love scenes.

Big recommendation!
♥ℳelody
Was planning to give this a 3 star just for the potential this had but the unbelievable amount of back-and-forth verbal foot shuffling and forced drama that happens continuously in here ruined any enjoyment I initially had when I started this. I know I was supposed to empathize with the heroine given the traumatic childhood she had but I only wanted to throttle her. She is supposed to be this independent, strong, savvy business woman & perfect role model all around, but really she's this vul ...more
Tracy
No Commitment Required was a sweet and romantic story with a nice dose of heat generated by Michael and Yvonne who have firecrackers of chemistry bursting all around them. This unexpectedly emotional story had me laughing and crying. The characters were well developed, revealing and working through their emotional baggage from tragic, yet believable pasts.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a heart-warming romance between two people who, despite their best efforts to keep thin
Darla Stokes
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very nice, readable romance novel. Engaging, realistic characters, and, unlike several books I've read recently, nothing that made me roll my eyes. And, something that I don't really notice until I find a book like this one that does it really well--the writing itself is very fluid and transparent, serving the story rather than getting in its way.
Jazzypom
Aug 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: interracial romance enthusiasts.
Oh man, I read this book, promptly forgot the plot, then bought it from Amazon and read it again, promptly forget that I've read it, and haven't reviewed it as yet. This must be remedied.

The plot is as follows: Yvonne is a busy young woman, busy, busy, busy. She wears a wedding ring to stop would be suitors in their tracks, and works hard enough on her line of lingerie shops. Michael is a guy who plays fast and loose with ladies hearts, never stopping, never a hitch in stride.

So, with no romanc
Michelle. D.
Feb 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I guess it is kinda wrong for a thirteen year old to have this in her home library because it's not really for my age.... Yeah...

I give this book 3 stars for being origional but with a twist! Instead of it being the usually white person with white person(no offence, seriously, not trying to be rude or anything), it's with a one man and a african woman. YAY! I like this because the world needs more inter-racial babies. is that even how you spell inter-racial?
Anyways, I feel like the book should
Shawnette
Jul 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
An Enjoyable Read

'No Commitment Required' is a story filled with heartache, sorrow, guilt, envy, lust, desire, love and passion. From the start, the characters capture you and keep you turning the pages. The characters 'main and supporting' are believable as are the plot and pace of the story. The instant attraction and passion between Michael and Yvonne was HOT and the love scenes were very passionate! This novel was definitely a tear-jerker. Couldn't wait to find out if they would make it. Bot
LC
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
This is on my keeper shelf. Yvonne is a strong, intelligent businesswoman who has a tragic past. Michael has also been scarred by love and thinks he and Yvonne are perfect for a no-strings fling.

Before long they both let their guards down and fall in love despite their best intentions. I've read this so many times and the journey never gets old.
Divisionred
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this story as it was the beginning of my IR craze of reading. This will always be one of my favorite books.
Stephanie
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading this book I loved both the male and female lead. Then the last few chapters pissed me off and that's why I can't give this a 5.

This is the story of Yvonne an woman who has a thriving business but is hiding her past because she fears being left alone and Michael who works at a consulting firm and has never gotten over the hurt he endured from his 1st marriage. They meet and the sparks fly but neither wants a commitment. Of course they start to fall for each other but
Connie
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought the book had so much more potential than what I read. Too many thoughts were in the book, too many tragedies that were back to back. Also, the thought processes didn't have smooth transitions. I had to read a few places twice maybe 3x's to see if I read it correctly and which character was saying it. This was my first full interracial novel and I was disappointed. I really wanted to love it, but it was just ok. I hope the next one is better than this one or it may be a while before I c ...more
Shirra
Jan 12, 2011 added it
There are scars and then there are wounds. Scars heal with time, but wounds if left unattended can cause you to have to constantly have to tend to them and you miss so much life while doing so. That's what I learned from this book. If you allow it lovw can heal all.
Ladyamelia
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is romance at its best. I'll definitely be recommending this one to lovers of IRR.
Denice
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
I really didn't care for this book. The synopsis reads better than the book. While I did find the leading man sexy and intriquing, the leading lady came off as immature and uniteresting.
Erica
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
cute ...
Crystal
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best interracial romance books ever!!!!
Cherie
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
*****EXCELLENT******
Venisha Ready
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I rolled my eyes so many times while reading this book. I will say this for it though, it is unlike any romance novel I have read before. The main characters have REAL problems.
T
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
excellent*****
Rachelle
awesome book to read. loved every min of it
Shandra
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A romantic interracial love story!
Blue.Raven
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very real story with real characters and a worthwhile ending!!!!
Frances
Apr 02, 2010 marked it as to-read
looks like an excellent weekend read!
Alicia Burns
Latise
Apr 09, 2010
  • The Color of Love
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Crush
  • Being Plumville
  • Georgie's Beau
  • Choices
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • A Whisper to a Scream
  • The Real Thing
  • Love's Redemption
  • The Color Of Trouble
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • Reye's Gold
Seressia Glass is an award-winning author of urban fantasy, contemporary romance and paranormal romance. Her current series include the Shadowchasers urban fantasy series and the Sons of Anubis paranormal romance series.

Seressia lives north of Atlanta with her guitar-wielding husband and two attack poodles. When not working on her next story, Seressia is an instructional designer for an internati
More about Seressia Glass...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)